State: Massachusetts Clear all filters (70 of 4874 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

Lowes in Worcester, Massachusetts - Lousy service with service advantage plan

My Frigidaire refrigerator quit refrigerating. By the time I discovered this, I had lost all of the food in my freezer and refrigerator. I called the Lowe's Service Advantage number given to me by the local store in which I purchased the appliance. Could hardly understand the person on the other end due to language barrrier. Was told I would receive a phone call within 24 -48 hrs. I'm still waiting for that phone call 1 week later. Noone locally will come and repair it due to the parts under warranty. I have since purchased a new refrigerator due to unknown timeframe of fixing the broken one. Calling the 800 number is worthless. They won't put you through to a supervisor, nor provide contact information for the regional or corporate office. When I did originally call, I expressed concern to the foreign speaking gentleman, that I was on alert for deployment to the gulf coast in response to Hurricane Ike. I am a medical professional, and was awaiting the call to go. I explained to him that I was not comfortable leaving my wife and two small children behind with no refrigerator. I was hoping to at least get someone to look at it as expeditious as possible. I was again reassured that my concern was documented and forwarded to the regional office. Still waiting for word back from the regional office. I called approximately 56 hours after the original call to check on status. I was told that there is no local technicians to provide service, and that my file is still being worked on by the regional office. As a business man and healthcare professional in the same town in which I purchased the appliance, I find this business practice absolutely pathetic. What a "*** poor" way to treat your customers! I was forced to purchase out of pocket a new refrigerator, and replace the well over $200.00 worth of food that was lost at no fault of my own.

This is a letter of complaint regarding my manufacture warranty under my LG appliance. This product was purchased in July/2014 with an additional warranty coverage plan.

On May 28, 2015 I called Lowes service and advantage 1-888-775-6937 to open a claim regarding my dishwasher, schedule a company service call. My appliance is making a high pitched whistling sound during the entire cycle when operating. I was given a scheduled date of Friday 06/05/15 with a company A.J. appliance service between the hours of 1-5:00pm.

On 06/05/15 at 12:30pm I get a phone call from a representative with Lowes service stating that the AJ appliance was cancelling my service call scheduled last minute. I had already left work thinking that I would need to be in the home between the hours of 1-5:00pm waiting for service person to arrive. I was told by the Lowes rep that AJ appliance was over booked and couldn’t make my scheduled appointment. The Lowes representative then gave me a reschedule appointment for Monday 06/08/15 between the hours of 1-5:00pm with a company called A.E.

appliance. I took this appointment missing more time off work. The technician arrived at 2:30pm, he was an older gentleman. He states that he heard the whistling sound when he first arrived at my home; put wasn’t able to hear it after awhile.

I’m still hearing the noise as I’m standing right next to the tech. I turned off my TV, turned off house fans trying to help this elderly man hear this high pitch sound that’s clearly coming from my appliance. The man then tells me to call the service rep back and schedule a different appointment with another tech that he has hearing issues and can’t hear the sound the dishwasher is making. The tech gave me a receipt of his visit.

The next day I called once again Lowes service line, explained what the tech had said to reschedule with another company that would be able to hear this high pitch sound this appliance is making. I’m given an appointment with A.J. appliance on Friday 06/12/15 1-5:00pm, the company was a no show!

I called the service number06/12/15 again asked to speak with a supervisor her name was Pam, I explained what was happening the cancelations last minute, no shows, sending a Tech to my home that is elderly and has a known hearing problem. The concern/complaint is written in my file as to why I’m requesting service a LOUD pitch whistling noise!

The issue I have here is that this product is still under manufacture warranty and is covered, which was paid for by ME the costumer.

This issue needs to be settled I am sending my complaint to LG services and to Lowes services. I have copies of all emails from Lowes confirming all scheduled or rescheduled appointments.

We are having the same problem with our extended warranty on our new Whirpool washing machine. They came out and said we needed new parts.

Now we cannot get them to come out to install the parts that have been here via UPS.

Friendly people with NO knowledge of their vendor as to whom can or cannot work on appliances! Would rate them at a minus 100 for service!

I will NOT buy another major appliance that requires Me to use the Advantage Protection Plan from Lowes! I have all the respect for the Lowes store Manager (JT) in Cleburne, Texas!!

Disclaimer, I painted in my younger years but haven't painted in years. You guys either got a horribly bad batch of paint or you must have been expecting the paint to be pro style without having to pay for a pro actually doing it.

I read these reviews after buying a gallon of flat white for a weekend project. It made me so paranoid I decided to test one support board nobody would see. I painted the whole board (2"x4"x6') then walked away and 20 minutes later it was dry. I was surprised so naturally I put another coat on (because that's how you paint).

No complaints so far but I'll send an update after a night of drying.

There is no paint that exists that you can just put one coat on and walk away and it'll be perfect for 5 or 20 years. Also it seems that most complaints are for semigloss and gloss....so to be fair I have only used flat.

All appliances have a year warranty and they ask if you want the additional year. What I have found is that if it cant be repaired take it back to the store and ask to speak to the store manager only - if not in ask for the district manager - if no answer call the corporate number.

Most returns will give you another until they get someone in the store to fix yours or in most cases give you one of equal value. And for goodness sakes take responsibility for your own purchases and SAVE YOUR RECIEPT!

I CALLED IN TO GET MY CABRIO WASHER REPAIRED WHILE COVERED UNDER ITS EXTENDED WARRANTY. I WAS REFERRED TO A SUB CONTRACTOR.THEY DIAGNOSED MY WASHER OVER THE PHONEWHICH I ASKED THEM HOW THEY COULD DO THAT.THEY REPLIED WE FIX SO MANY OF THESE ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TELL US WHAT ITS DOING.WE DONT HAVE TO LOOK AT IT.I WAS TOLD THREE DAYS BUT TEN DAYS LATER THEY SHOW UP.THEY HAD THE WRONG PARTS OF COURSE SO BACK THEY GO TO THE SHOP.WHEN I CALLED THEM THEY SAID THE PARTS ARE ORDERED BUT COULD NOT TELL ME WHEN THEY COULD RETURN TO FIX IT. WE ARE VERY UNHAPPY AND WILL NEVER BUY APPLIANCES AT LOWES OR AN EXTENDED WARRANTY.WE STILL ARE WITHOUT A WASHER AND HAVE EIGHT ADULTS FIVE KIDS AND SIX DOGS LIVING WITH BECAUSE OF POWER OUTAGES AND BAD STORMS IN OUR AREA.PLEASE DONT BUY LOWES.

My husband and I purchased a washer from Lowe. Before too long, it began to bray and bellow, so we called the service department and were referred to a local repair shop that Lowes subcontracts. The first time their rep came out, he needed to go get parts. He dropped in the next week, and needed more parts. The week after, he decided that he didn't know what was wrong with it, so he left again. The next time he came back, much later, was a demand performance, and since a month of study hadn't diagnosed the problem, he wanted to take it with him, and fix it in the shop. About a month later, the guy shows up with the washer and swears it's fixed, however, his back is injured, his dog is birthing puppies, his wife is due home any moment, etc, and he can't get the machine back in the house.

The friendly local village *** (me) told him to go on--I'd get someone to move it in. I did get some local kids to install the washer, and I turned it on. It didn't bray or bellow anymore, it gave one thin, agonized screech and died forever.

So I called the shop, and was curtly told that whoever carried the machine inside must have "done sumpun to it".

I'd paid over $150.00 in parts, and was guaranteed a serious chewing by my husband, so I called the dude some creatively nasty names, questioned his parentage, and gave him my august opinion of his little hole-in-the-wall repair shop.

Then I called Lowes. After about twenty minutes of being shifted from here to there, I was informed that they could give me deep sympathy and the name of another repair shop...

So I gave them, the repair shop, and the Better Business Bureau my written opinion of the entire farce, threw the old washer out, bought a good one from Sears, and went my merry way. May I add that my merry way doesn't stray to Lowes--I haven't darkened their door in two years.

*** once is okay, most times, but *** twice leads to extinction.

Retailer4life,

Thanks for the comments. I did try local repair services.

All the same answer. We don't work on appliances under warranty coverage. Frigidaire's answering service gave me the same answers as well. Noone to service your area.

Apparently I live in a vaccum of space that noone can find or wants to come to. LOL I did speak with the manager, and once providing proof of purchase, he may be able to help me out. I've also corresponded with the Lowe's Customer Care Center.

They too have been courteous and helpful. Thanks again for your thoughts.

Usually what we do in our Lowe's is give the customer one of our local authorized repair providers. We usually avoid the 800 service advantage number because as stated here, you are routed to a national call center who then routes it to a servicer.

Every Lowes I know, unless you are in a very unusual area, has at least 1 local servicer. When we give our customers one of these numbers, in many cases they get service later that same day. We do try to avoid the 800 number whenever possible. Also, irregardless as to where the refrigerator was purchased, also having been on that end as well, any Frigidaire repair facility is authorized to do those repairs for you, again provided that the unit is still under manufacturer's warranty.

I am sure there would would have to be someone locally to help you. Also, in closing, I would make sure the Lowes store manager (not the appliance sales associate) is made aware of this.

View more comments (8)

Lowes in Everett, Massachusetts - Bathroom Remodel Nightmare

Lowes - Bathroom Remodel Nightmare
When my husband and I decided to remodel our bathroom we thought we'd check out our local Home Depot and Lowe's. We didn't see anything that caught our eye at Home Depot so we were off to Lowe's. We ended up buying a beautiful vanity, sink, counter top, mirror, side cabinets, jacuzzi tub, faucet, toilet and shower head. We bought the whole shabang! The style we chose for our vanity every piece had to be ordered seperatly. The clerk quoted that we would get everything in two weeks. It FINALLY arrived after SIX weeks! After unpacking all of the items, we had SIX defective pieces on the cabinet pieces. The mirror had a HUGE dent in the wooden frame, there were 2 drawers that were also dented, one of the side cabinets had an awful defect on the face as well. When I called the next day to report all of the damage pieces the girl was nice and told us just to take pictures of the damaged areas and bring them in and they would order new pieces. She told us it would be in a "rush order" and would take a week for the replacement pieces to come in. Another SIX weeks later they came in. The mirror had another huge defect in it. The sales person that we had been dealing with has now an attitude with US when we call to inquire as to where our stuff is. She is nothing but rude! It's not our fault that the stuff is junk! If I would have known it was going to be such a headache, I would have returned every single piece that I have bought. The counter top that we chose was a composite (like Corian, very pricey). It looked nice the first day. Until I tried to wash it. We read the directions and they stated to use any general household cleaner and a rag. I sprayed Fantastic on it and wipped it down. It left water-like rings all over the top! This was the last straw! I told my husband to take it off and return it. I did not want to exchange it and wait forever to just to have it happen again. We went to a local Countertop store that specializes in just that. We thought we would pay through the nose. We chose a Silestone countertop. It was $100 LESS than Lowe's PLUS they installed it, which my husband had to install the one we bought from Lowes. It has been close to four months now since all this has been going on and we are still waiting for the mirror to come, AGAIN! I will NEVER, EVER buy anything other than light bulbs at Lowes again! It really isn't worth the time, money or aggravation. If you are located in the Southern NH area and want QUALITY countertops and cabinets I would highly recommend Solid Advantage. The people there are curtious, knowledgable and professional. I wish I would have went there first! We ended up also getting a beautiful countertop for our kitchen as well! What ever you do, DON'T GO TO LOWE'S!!
#1202720

People don't care & aren't held accountable for their actions. Sad we have to deal w/this ***!!!!

So... this is Lowe's fault how?

You do understand that what you ordered was custom-made, right? I don't know why anyone would have quoted you two weeks. Custom cabinetry takes 4-6 weeks on average. But being mad at Lowe's because it came damaged?

Dumb.

Lowe's didn't make it. Be mad at the manufacturer.

@Anonymous

That happened to me at value city with a bedroom set. I sent it back 3 times.One smelled like paint thinner with dents all over the wood part.

One had a whole on the headbord and broken mirrors on it.

So finally I asked to come into the store and see it before delivery.The manager ask to open the boxes to check the items and thank goodness the 4th time was a charm. It's nerves racking getting flawed furniture.

#1202713
@Anonymous

I think they r upset becuz of how Lowes handled the problems; not that its their fault it was damaged.

they really took the time to call you and tell you your mirror was broken dam customer service I guess they should of waited for you to pick it up so you can complain some more like the thousands of people that Scream everyday

WHEN I READ STORIES LIKE THIS, it reconfirms just how spoiled rotten folks are in this country. Lady, be glad you even have a home.

So sorry about your damaged custom counter tops and the wait you had to endure. May God bring you a perfect world in 2011.

#203734

i had the same problem with Home Depot American standard cabinets. they were *** and I am stuck with them.

nhtwin1

kitchendude, I failed to mention that each and every time that we would bring something back that was defected we got the "oh, here they come again" look by the department manager as well as the store manager. As if that weren't bad enough to make us feel even more uncomfortable when we would explain what was wrong "this time" they would give US attitude!

Any manager that does not how to communitcate effectively and rationally with the customer, doesn't deserve to be in a such a position. Nor should they deserve my business. We're not talking about a minimal purchase, we spent thousands of hard earned dollars for this remodeling project.

They should have done everything in their power to smooth things with us, the CONSUMER! Their customer service is nothing short of AWFUL!

Not everything comes on the "freight truck." I'm sorry that the reorders took so long, but Lowe's, like any retailer is at the mercy of the manufacturer. Do you believe the people at Lowe's want you to be unhappy?

Lowe's is staffed by people, just like every other business.

Let everyone who works for a company with NO service issues step up.

Oh, be sure to have over 100,000 employees and serve millions of customers a week. I would appreciate the insight.

I WORKED AT LOWES. ASK THE MANGER TO SEE THE FREIGHT TRUCK WHEN IT COMES IN.

EVERYTHING IS PILED EVERYWHERE. SAFES ON FREIGHT COSTS

Same thing when we remodeled.

Everything is cracked dented or chipped at Lowes. Where's the pride people. I get so frustrated with returning everything anymore.

Don't ever keep anything that's not right, maybe they will get the picture.

UPDATE . .

. I just got a call from Lowes with an update on our replacement mirror. It came it but BROKEN, that's a shocker!

I HATE LOWES AND THEIR NO GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE! I have a feeling that this project will never get completed, no thanks to Lowes!

Wow, sorry to hear about your nightmare experience. Yes although I have never ordered anything from Lowes or HOme Dept.

I've heard bad things....and your story is like the icing on the cake.

Thanks for the heads up and I will reconsider buying special order items at Lowes (or Home Depot) because of your post! :eek

View more comments (12)

Lowes in Boston, Massachusetts - Valid check denied

On 10/31/09 , I recieved a home equity line of credit with a new check book to use. I Went to a Lowes store in my small home town. I spent 4 hours looking for several items (over 40 items). I wrote a check to cover the cost. Certegy Check Services uses a faulty profiling system to approve checks and nothing else. My $660.89 check was denied in front of my girlfriend several members of my comunity (that I know and go to church with), three employees of Lowes and a manager. I was made to feel like crook in front of everybody there. This kind of harassment is insulting, degrading, demoralizing and cruel. Does anyonbe realize how people talk in a small town. On sunday at church, a friend approached me and said he would pray for me for my check fraud problem. Now members of my church think I am a Convict. I am insanely angry with the way I am being treated because of negative profiling which is against my rights as an american citized. Certegy Check Services Inc. and inhumane organizations need to be put out of business for causing large problems with innocent people.

It Is to, Its #%%& well Lowe's fault and for you security freaks I would rather bust you In the face than explain the situation to you, I guess you Never had to deal with a bad situation as having to deal with 100 degree weather In a car with No Air conditioner and your at the store and your bank Is on the other side of town, really Its you security freaks that Is messing Us all up Its time The Customer Is always right again, Not the corporation Is always right and The Customer Is always wrong, oh and I would leave that worthless church find one that Truly Believes In God, and A Church that believes September 11 2001 Was Controlled Demolition An Inside Job

The problem is with Certegy *and* Lowes, not just Certegy (or if they use another company now it could be TruChecks or TeleCheck). If they don't have a policy where they can disregard the Certegy/TruChecks/TeleCheck result and call the financial institution to verify the check will clear, that is Lowe's fault.

They should have a secondary method to accept a check. Same as if it were a debit card usage and a large amount, the card fraud team could block it for being out of their normal spending patterns, but a quick call to the card fraud team by the cardholder can resolve that to get the purchase to be approved. In this case with a check, the account holder calls their bank/credit union to find out what the issue is, and everything is fine on their end. They are not declining the check.

Certegy is. To clarify further, not every bank/credit union will verify over the phone if a check will clear, but my credit union does.

Same thing happened to me today. I was furious, called the number I was given and it was automated, gave me no answers and would not let me speak with an actual employee

I understand these places being worried about bad checks but these *** making people feel Luke criminals is crazy and very very unprofessional I'll never shop at Lowes again I am a contractor and have 7 other contractors following me to take our business elsewhere

I know this post is old, but I figured I'd put my two cents in. Did you ever stop to think that maybe your check was flagged because you were spending over $600 bucks and that wasn't something that you usually do?

It's called security measures. They were trying to protect you.

First off anyone in your church who honestly belives you are a convict should not be a part of the church. It is not Lowes fault either.

Emailing the ceo will do you nothing but get you more upset. The ceo is a crook who belives that his wallet and wall street is more important than his employees and his customers. He will likely tell you he is doing you a favor by declining your check like he did to his employees. He can likely tell you what a crook or convict feels like though as he is right there with them.

As for the members of your church they need to get their heads screwed on straight. Your no convict.

Do not put identifying information beyond your name on your checks. Ever heard of identity theft?

That is not Lowes fault.

It is the service that they use to approve the checks.

I never had a problem with Lowes.

Beter them Home DEPOT.

Contact Lowe's CEO(Robert Niblock) directly @ www.lowesceo.com

In a world where many places won't take checks any more you're lucky to find someone that accepts a piece of paper that may or may not be good. There are many reasons they may not have accepted this check.

As you stated it is a new account. Many places that do accept checks require they have printed information such as name, address etc on them. Low number checks are also a source of many check problems. Being a new account the bank may not have had information posted or available for the check protection company to verify your account.

Keep in mind that a check is just a piece of paper until your bank honors it. Asking a business who doesn't know you to honor a check is asking a lot.

Using a debit or credit card that can be instantly verified is a safer form of payment for them to accept. Ask you bank for a debit card to use with this account and your problems will be solved.

I agree the problem is not Lowes, its the Certegy, we can not overide the system to take a check, Sorry you felt like a crook

Well there could have been a few things wrong with your check. You could have handed them a "starter" check, which is just like a normal check though it does not have your personal information on it.

Another problem could have been previous bounced checks (for any amount) that have not been paid off yet.

Finally, Certegy could have flagged your checks (for some reason) and it would have been worthless for Lowe's to accept.

Whatever the result is, there are many reasons a valid check can be denied. You should find out why it was denied to prevent any future problems.

The problem is with certegy not Lowes.You should have received a recept with the number to call certegy. You need to ask them what the problem is.

View more comments (12)
Lowes Manager
Loss

Lowes in Boston, Massachusetts - My daughter has a scar on thee bridge of her nose

While shopping at Lowes. someone hung a sign by a product, which fell down and hit my daughter on the nose. She has a scar there and will probably always have it. She's a very pretty girl and this scar stands out like a sour thumb. She just got a home and is fixing it up, and was doing her shopping at Lowes. I'm having her write a blow by blow description of what happened and how Lowes employees responded. When I have it together I'll see you get a copy. You'll be hearing from me soon!

I've seen your daughter and it could only be an improvement. Pretty girl? *shudders* Please have someone spell check her statement...someone who isn't you.

Where do you see the words that this just happened?

How does she have a scar if it JUST HAPPENED?

View more comments (2)

Lowes in Boston, Massachusetts - Help with 2 storm doors

on April 21 went to Lowes to purchase 2 storm doors, there were 2 or 3 associates at the computer, no one asked if we needed any help or even looked to see if we need any assistance, I walked to where they were any the only person who acknowledge me was a very nice women, not the younger 2 men!!I asked if someone could help us with 2 doors we wanted, she said she would help, she loaded the 2 doors on our cart and said to mention to someone to help us to our van, again no one said a word, we then loaded the 2 doors and heard some say "didn't they offer to help you" we said no, "no one in this whole lazy place, would offer anything except for you" the same very nice lady who helped us in the first place. This is very poor customer service, maybe the so called men in that store, should take a lesson from the women who work there, sorry but I will go someplace else from now on. a very unhappy former customer

Lowes Sux

We bought a new door from Lowes-it leaked. We had one of their techs come out and check it, he said it was water running under a factory made adjustable strip, not installation fault. He adjusted it as best he could-but said would still leak a bit(on our brand new hardwood floor) also said he would make a report to the corporate offices. We called looking for satisfaction-since we bought defective product, they denied fault and claim. All they really denied was the rest of out lifetime in business, we just moved in and are in the middle of major renovations--none of which will involve their company's product. We will make sure to tell their competitors they have Lowe's shortsightedness to thank for all the business......
#102078

Have a complaint?

Contact Lowe's CEO Robert Niblock directly at his home.

What a guy!

www.lowesceo.com

Lowes Installation

Lowes in Worcester, Massachusetts - Threats made

I was a former HR manager for Lowes. After uncovering a employee theft scam,which I brought to light to my boss,as well as his boss ,they made my life ***. I am in the process of starting legal action as well as trying to bring the labor union in to the company. Let them laugh that one off! My boss was Luis Rivera. His boss is Mary Raddant.As they are friends,this whole matter has been swept under the rug. When speaking with there legal department there comment was,and I quote " call a lawyer" I took there advice!
jennblond

these people will never understand because they havent worked for this company. keep your this company is so corrupt and employees that are still working there believe so as well they are just too scared to say anything in fear of losing their jobs.

No one is out to sue or make money off of them. they are just trying to show how corrupt the company really is and as for the comment of Lp and how could she know well see you never worked here and all managers including HR can go into the LP office and review tapes at any given time. they save the tapes from day to day to review them when needed.

and if another associate may have suspected something yes they would have brought it to HR's attention therefore giving her the right to go review the tapes. Dont criticize something in which you know nothing about

lowes must be doing something right. They find a way to get rid of all of the disgruntled, lazy people that complain on this site.

In our society there are way to many people that work harder at avoiding work than just doing their job duties.

It seems many are on this site instead of looking for a new job. Probably trying to collect unemployment or dreaming of a way to sue someone else so they can get a free ride.

Tell him about it @

www.lowesceo.com

Something not right here Lucy,,,

This is a LP issue, and if you were a HR, they never come out of their office. How couldn't uncover anything except maybe a sandwich with a file and if you were able to uncover anything there Sherlock, you would to have video of the theft, you as a HR would know that it is almost impossible to fire someone for an allegation of theft. good luck with your Union.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Manager

Lowes in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts - Chain saw

i brough a pullin 18in chain saw in tilton new hamp and i also got the extened warrenty i went to lowes in bedford nh to see about getting it fixed because i didnt have my paper work i was told they could do nothing i asked if they could look it up on the computer they said to go back to tilton nh thats 70 miles from my home you can take your storeand stuff it i was going to have lowes get my new cabnits for my home but home depot gets it now your customer services sucks big tim

You are CLEARLY a low class, uneducated person who can't spell. It's hard to take your complaint seriously.

Dont buy a pulin chainsaw dumba**. thats your first mistake.derrrrrrr

Why did you not keep the receipt. The reason that Lowe's spends so much money to print you a receipts is so you can show them the receipt when you have problems with your perches. Also, If you can't keep up with your own paper work, why would you expect the store that you did not buy the product at to be able to keep your paperwork?

Hey, Big Tim, instead of buying a chainsaw, I think your money would be better spent going to night school and taking some remedial English and grammar classes.

View more comments (3)
Review

Lowes in Boston, Massachusetts - Everyone please read this its unbelievable!

i recently purchased a stove at lowes and they told me it would take about three weeks for delivery because it was a special order so i agreed.three weeks went by and the stove came in they called me the night before and told me it would be delivered the next day so i took a day off of work.the next day i received a call from them and they said the stove was damaged and they could not send it out. i was mad at the fact that i was missing a day off of work as well as not being able to get the stove therefore making the apartment not rentable still. so they said if i waited two more weeks they would send out a new one. so i did. two weeks went by and i again received a call saying my new stove had come in and was scedualed for delivery the next day.so again i took another day off.sure enough i got that call the next morning telling me that the new stove again could not be deliverd because this stove also was damaged.i was furious..lowes continued to calm me down be promising me a better stove worth more money for the price i originally paid for the previous one.it would take a week.i stupidly agreed.same story the night before i get a call and they tell me the new model is in and scedualed for delivery the next day.the next morning something so unbelievable happened they called me and told me that this once again "the new stove"was damaged also..can you believe this three stoves three attempts three day off of work and still no stove.i lost three days of pay also a full month and a half of rent..i cant pay my mortage as it is now i have to go another month without rent money,which is 1400.00 a month.because of lowes i lost around 2000.00 dollars and i still dont have a stove..what king of home improvement store is this.they are gonna make me lose my house because i can't afford my mortage this month.they really suck! very very pissed off x-customer

gary from smithfield - blame walmart, blame lowe's - it is your own *** fault for wanting to get everything for nothing. You get what you pay for -- if black and decker was a problem, why go and purchase another one.

Purchase a better brand.

Even home depot sells items that are better than their "brand" names. what a copout.

why not purchase in stock merchandise - it is a rental ??? Poor poor shoopy - dont know what lowes you shop - or work at since you mention "internally".

Nothing shady or dishonest about them calling to inform customer that product was received damaged - stop being a passavist and stand up for yourself.

You agreed to wait for new sos merchandise. If time were such an issue - you should have persued another venue.

My advice ~ don't shop at Lowe's, they suck miserably, you wouldn't believe some of the *** that goes on internally, if people only knew what they do to their own employees, it's not pretty.

Maybe, after the second time, you would have a)picked an in-stock stove, b)not taken the day off before they checked for damage or c)gone elsewhere. The loss of your money is your own fault

I agree with S, they at least told you that it was damaged. And why are you special ordering a stove for a rental property? Take stock items ***!

Last time I checked the product arriving at the store damaged wasn't the stores fault. Pretty sure it's either the manufacturer's fault or the deliverer's fault.

They checked it for you before they brought you a damaged product, and even though it wasn't their fault continued to give you a better deal and tried to accommodate you. You should be thanking them for that.

you should have ask them the 2nd time if they checked to see if it was damaged instead of taking another day off work. No matter where you work things happen stuff does get damaged.

Just like your rent( why are you replacing the stove )did it get damaged by other people. It is partly you fault...

www.lowes-lawsuits.com

Lowes has become the Wal-Mart of the home repair merchandisers... Everything you buy from them has to be returned because it doesn't work OR under performs.

I bought an electric edger from them made by black and decker, and used it once and the "rechargable" battery didn't recharge so I took it back and got another more expensive black and decker. Used it once and could have cut the grass better with my sissors..

Took it back and went to home depot and bought a "homelite" brand got better edger cheaper with more attachments and paid 15.00 less for it.. :grin So guess where I shop now...

Wish to know what your talking about of lowes that is so important that we need to know let us know

I never liked lowes :( :(

View more comments (10)
Loss
$2000

Lowes in Somerville, Massachusetts - Waited for assistance 2 hours product on display no longer sold

we look for assistance more than shopping we are told some one will be with you just wait and wait and wait it does not matter what we want the store never has it or it is discontinued check another lowes not in stock why is it displayed the help are slugs because they do not want to help i will never return to this *** hole called a store tis has happened on more than one occasion i would say about nine times in a month in as many departments with different products i cnnot believe the way you are treated

i think you forgot to talk about the situation you titled your complaint with...its your *** fault for actually waiting 2 hours!!!

i dont understand why you would keep going back if what youre complaining about has happened 9 times in one month...your whole complaint needs to be disregarded because you are so dumb as to keep going back!!!

All I can say is most of the employees at Lowes on wilmington in Kettering"Centerville" Are not NEAR as accomidating or courteous as the commercials portray them.The trolls that wander thru the store act like you have no business bothering them with questions or assistance, And I have yet to ask them to match a paint color where they havent said"Well I`ll try, but I don`t know if I can.It aint like the commercials, TRUST me.Whenever I see those commercials with people bringing in things for them to match up,And they say "No problem!! I have to shake my head and groan.But mostly theres this one heavy set guy with a real attitude that I`m surprised that they haven`t gotten rid of yet. He`s consistantly rude and worthless.If he`s around I just try harder to find it myself.

#19013