State: Massachusetts City: Boston Clear all filters (16 of 4877 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Boston, Massachusetts - Horrible service

Went to Lowe's in Plainville, Ma and designed remodeled kitchen. They sent out someone to measure twice. Ordered cabinets in July, supposed to be completed by Oct. Kept coming up with excuses after Oct for not receiving - when finally arrived had to be sent back - some cabinets 3 or four times before correct. When installed they had measured wrong and blamed it on us. Finally got them all installed in April. Had to go through 6+ months without kitchen(holidays), since we had gutted it for Oct. delivery. contacted corporate headquarters, they would look into it - (we had paid up front $30,000 and signed contract in July that it would go to arbitration if need be.) Contacted No. Caroline better business bureau - they couldn't get anywhere with Lowe's either. Our only option was to sue - instead we just got someone else to complete the kitchen and continue to tell everyone we know what a lousy company Lowe's is. It was an expensive and nerve-wracking experience but will never set foot in a Lowe's again.
TroubledGiantClam852

Let Lowe’s feel the pain on at a store level call Lowe's corporate Customer Care...at 1 800 445-6937. It will force the store manager to fill out report and also call you with in 24 hrs. Let Lowe’s corporate feel you pain and poor service Fill out complaint with the state, Attorney General's Office and Consumer Complaint and Consumer-Affairs Copy the same answer to Attorney General's Office | Consumer Complaint Massachusetts Attorney General's Office | Consumer Complaint https://www.mass.gov/how-to/file-a-consumer-complaint https://cedac.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Office-of-Consumer-Affairs-Guide-to-Home-Improvement-Contractors.pdf

h.kitchener

Homeowners go to these big box stores all the time and do what you did---contract with them to purchase and have installed cabinets, etc. The problem is that you are never assured the people at Lowe's know what they are doing or whether their measurements are accurate.

Then, Lowe's subcontracts with who-knows-who to actually install the cabinets. When things go wrong, you have to complain to Lowe's and go thru many different people in order to try and fix the problem(s).

Best to avoid big box stores and go directly to a small cabinet retailer who has their own installers or find a local building contractor who does this kind of work. And, of course never pay in full before work starts and always hold back at least 50% of the cost until the work is completed to your satisfaction.

Lowes Kitchen Remodeling

Lowes in Boston, Massachusetts - Horrible Experience

I ordered all kitchen appliances, Lowe's only delivered dishwasher and a damaged refrigerator which I returned and for which they did not have a replacement. It has been three weeks and they have not refunded my money yet. I have spent at least 20 hours on the phone with Lowe's. You could not find any business that cares less and is so negligent. They always say someone will call in 24 hours, which they do not. They keep creating new case numbers, because they need to be answered in 24 hours so they bypass that. I am not sure what else I can do, they have not refunded my money, and refuse to show any sings of effort to correct the situation.

You returned it the store or did the delivery drivers return it? If you returned it yourself, you would have gotten the refund right there at customer service. If they returned it, you'll have to speak to the delivery department.

Lowes Customer Care
Preferred solution
Full refund

Lowes - Customer Care Review from Boston, Massachusetts

Just lost a customer to Sears because no one wanted to pick up the phone. Tried for 10 mins. On to the next one.
#1197888

Did you ever think they might be busy helping customers that are actually in the store making purchases? I bet that if you were in the store working with a salesperson you would rather have them help you than talking to someone on the phone. As the old saying goes--A bird in the hand (a customer in the store) is worth 2 in the bush (people calling on the phone).

Lowes Customer Care

Lowes in Boston, Massachusetts - Uncooperative honoring manufacturers warranty

I bought a Soleus Air dehumidifier from Lowe's in July '13 that did not work when I tried to run it in May '14. The manufacturer has a one year warranty and says they will work with Lowe's, who no longer carries the brand, to arrange a reimbursement for the nonfunctioning dehumidifier if I take it back to the Lowe's where I got it and have then call the manufacturer. Lowe's refuses to call the manufacturer and basically said it was my problem since I didn't purchase their extended warranty (two different people said this several times about the extended warranty sold by Lowe's). I didn't get the extended warranty because I knew the product was warranted for a year by Soleus. Lowe's did not tell me they would not help me get that refund if I did not buy their warranty. The store is in Hadley, MA.
LadyScot
#820785

Warranty calls to the manufacturer are the consumer's responsibility, not the retailer. Stop being lazy and call them yourself.

#819779

Soleus air had a big recall on their dehumidifiers. Lowes should be able to give you the 800 number to call.

The recall is handled directly through Soleus air and not through the stores. Call and see if yours qualifies.

@Anonymous

He is an employee for lowes

View more comments (2)

Lowes in Boston, Massachusetts - Mislead

I will tell you that I bought a washing machine for 500 Dollars and was told their would be a $ 50.00 Dollar rebate and saw signs for the 50 Dollar rebate everywhere. Today I received a letter denying my claim for the rebate because it did not have a qualifying item on it. Really,really lame. I sure somewhere in the fine print I am not entitled to the rebate. The rebate was not a consideration in the purchase of the washing machine, but the rejection of the rebate has really put a negative view of Lowe's in my mind. so have fun with the Fifty Dollars and I will remember being mislead by your employees and your fine print whenever I drive by your stores. Save up to 20% on select major appliances $399 or more.* Get a Lowe's Gift Card $50 to $475 by mail with qualifying purchase.** Offer ends 7/9/13.

Please understand the store has zero control over the rebates which are from the manufactures. Not the store.

Perhaps if you had actually gone in to talk to a manager they would have taken fifty bucks off. Food for thought for next.

@Anonymous

The store is where the rebate has been offered. The store is using the rebate to make sales.

The sales people know what the policy of the rebates are. The store control is to

use this information the way they see fit.

Which is why I will vote with my feet and use establishments.

Lowes Gift Card

Lowes in Boston, Massachusetts - Never trust Lowe's installation

We have a garage door opener installed by Lowe's. We found the installation guy put the opener in a different position than our old one and it sounds wired after the installation. But we let the guy go since it works at least. After three weeks, the door could open only half-way since something stuck. So we went back to Lowe's for a repair since the service agreement has 1-year warranty on installation. But we were told they were not responsible for this issue since the opener is still functional (as it can open half-way). The bad installation damaged my garage door and they ask me to fix the door first then they can check the opener. That's the most ridiculing excuse I have ever seen.
Lowes Installation
Loss

Lowes in Boston, Massachusetts - Horrible quality and don't give a *** attitude!!!!

Bought a full house of indoor solid core doors, all came with wrong trim and the quality was so bad the installer had to disassemble and rebuild almost every unit.and replace trim. On the two outdoor units I bought the hinges rusted up in 3-4 months, they said I should have ordered stainless hinges.Who sells outdoor doors that rust off their hinges ??? When I asked them to warranty the hinges they just laughed.If you buy anything from lowes make sure it is a well known name and not a Lowes product.. Or just go to Home Depot.

So why didn't you buy the well known brand. You said it yourself, take your advice.

You probably would of bought the HD brand as well.

Heard of the saying,"you get what you pay for".

@hmmm

hey hmmmm still work for lowes

Lowes Warranty

Lowes in Boston, Massachusetts - Patio Pavers washers and dryers

We bought 1800.00 worth of pavers , Some were damaged, Lowes would not pay for what was left over Beware,BEWARE BEWARE Don't Buy From Lowes Regardless of what they tell you when you are buying It's not what they will do This was within a 4 month time limit In KINGSTON MA. ALSO BOUGHT A SET OF FRONT LOAD WASHER AND DRYER WITH A 5 YR WARRANTY IN 3 MONTHS THE WASHER STOPED WORKING THEY SENT OUT REPAIRMAN THE REPAIRMAN SAID IT HAD OVER 1200.00 IN PART TO BE REPLACED WE TRIED TO GET LOWES TO REPLACE IT ,,AFTER THREE MONTHS AND A COMPLAINT TO BBB THEY REPLACED IT
RetailCop

So what's the complaint?? You ripped them off for a new washer.

You got what you broke for free!!

I'm just doing my job. Protecting and serving retail associates!!

@RetailCop

Are you kidding me! After 3 months and a complaint to BBB they finally get their washer????

Do you know what its like to got without a washer for that long? I do, I have been out of one for a month with a similar situation. The customer did not rip off anyone, Lowes did! They sell junk products and don't stand behind their warrantees!

Why in God's name do you think there are over 1,100 complaints on this site? Lowe's is ripping people off and we are getting Pissed off!!

@RetailCop

get a job ...no one got anything for free ..They finally made up for the washer after months of bbb without them i still would not have a washer

View more comments (2)
Lowes Warranty
Loss

Lowes in Boston, Massachusetts - Lowe's Home Improvement sells you as is product and don't tell you

I brought a grill, and was told will order a new one and have it assemble for free, had to wait a few days as it needs to order one to have it come in and have the person comes in one day a week to do the assembly, not until a few days later when i am ready to have the grill set up and situated, and l see a price tag at the same spot as the one on the floor display i saw in the store, and look, it has the same scratch I saw on the floor model... guess what, it is the one on the floor display, and I return to the store, and the floor display is gone! Very honest practice at Lowe's.
RetailCop

You can't be pleased!! It was probably backordered, since it's a seasonal item and to keep you from being an *** in the store, they sold you the display instead.....Or your full of ***. I'm just doing my job, protecting and serving retail associates.

Why do you still buy from Lowes when they keep ripping you off?

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111

2439 reviews
2.1
Compare

Lowes in Boston, Massachusetts - Poor customer service at Lowe's

I went to Lowe's in Westborough MA this afternoon.I was there to purchase Rubbermaid 'Home Free' wire shelving. After locating the product ; I had a couple questions. Finally I found an employee. I asked him about the kit I was buying and that I wanted to make sure I had all necessary parts to hang the shelving. He glanced at the box and said that everything was there. I quizzed him about wether I needed I needed a top rail and the upright extensions. He gave me a blank look and said that I needed two uprights and one rail. Again I asked " Is this all the parts I'll need?" He looked at me with a blank expression and nodded. I got home to install them. Well ! I do need two more upright extensions to complete the installation. Not a big deal except for the 35 minute drive back to the store to get the parts I was told I didn't need. This is the second time I've been let down by Lowe's employees. I'll be sure to go to Home Depot or a small local vendor in the future.

You're complaining because you can't figure out how to put a shelf together? THEY should be complaining about YOU! :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin

You're complaining about them because you're too *** to figure out how a shelf works? THEY should be complaining about YOU. Go somewhere else, they don't need *** turds like you for customers anyway.

when you say you'll go to home depot, all the Lowes employees do is roll their eyes, they don't give a rat's ***.

you cant seriously want them to know that right?

1 person out of 30 in any of these places knows anything, and even then its a *** shoot.

View more comments (3)