State: Massachusetts Clear all filters (70 of 4877 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

Lowes in Wareham, Massachusetts - Terrible delivery service and customer service

Ordered a dryer over the phone and was told it could be delivered the next day and they would call approximately 30 minutes before delivery. My wife was home and had not heard from anybody by 1pm. We called and were told the dryer was not on the truck. We were not called by Lowes or their 3rd party delivery service of this issue. We had hired a plumber to install the dryer as it was a gas dryer and had to cancel. Customer service said to call the store where the dryer was to be shipped from. They were useless and threw the 3rd party delivery service under the bus and could not give a date as to when the dryer would be delivered. After a few more phone calls I got frustrated and cancelled the order. Sent an email to customer service to complain and was given the choice of receiving a phone call or receiving an email response. Thought I might be able to salvage the situation , so I opted for a phone call, The next day I received a canned email reply apologizing, but offering no solutions or compensation. Ended up buying the dryer from Bought the dryer from Home Depot. Delivery took longer, but at least when knew when it was coming.
Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Product and price
Cons
  • Customer service and delivery system
Problem with delivery
Will not buy from Lowes again although I have a Lowes credit card

Lowes in Boston, Massachusetts - Horrible service

Went to Lowe's in Plainville, Ma and designed remodeled kitchen. They sent out someone to measure twice. Ordered cabinets in July, supposed to be completed by Oct. Kept coming up with excuses after Oct for not receiving - when finally arrived had to be sent back - some cabinets 3 or four times before correct. When installed they had measured wrong and blamed it on us. Finally got them all installed in April. Had to go through 6+ months without kitchen(holidays), since we had gutted it for Oct. delivery. contacted corporate headquarters, they would look into it - (we had paid up front $30,000 and signed contract in July that it would go to arbitration if need be.) Contacted No. Caroline better business bureau - they couldn't get anywhere with Lowe's either. Our only option was to sue - instead we just got someone else to complete the kitchen and continue to tell everyone we know what a lousy company Lowe's is. It was an expensive and nerve-wracking experience but will never set foot in a Lowe's again.
TroubledGiantClam852

Let Lowe’s feel the pain on at a store level call Lowe's corporate Customer Care...at 1 800 445-6937. It will force the store manager to fill out report and also call you with in 24 hrs. Let Lowe’s corporate feel you pain and poor service Fill out complaint with the state, Attorney General's Office and Consumer Complaint and Consumer-Affairs Copy the same answer to Attorney General's Office | Consumer Complaint Massachusetts Attorney General's Office | Consumer Complaint https://www.mass.gov/how-to/file-a-consumer-complaint https://cedac.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Office-of-Consumer-Affairs-Guide-to-Home-Improvement-Contractors.pdf

h.kitchener

Homeowners go to these big box stores all the time and do what you did---contract with them to purchase and have installed cabinets, etc. The problem is that you are never assured the people at Lowe's know what they are doing or whether their measurements are accurate.

Then, Lowe's subcontracts with who-knows-who to actually install the cabinets. When things go wrong, you have to complain to Lowe's and go thru many different people in order to try and fix the problem(s).

Best to avoid big box stores and go directly to a small cabinet retailer who has their own installers or find a local building contractor who does this kind of work. And, of course never pay in full before work starts and always hold back at least 50% of the cost until the work is completed to your satisfaction.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Kitchen Remodeling

Worst door installation experience - Lowes very unresponsive

I started this process in July 2017. Went to the Lowes store to sign up for installation of two entry doors. Installer came and measured the doors - measurement was not passed on promptly. I ordered the doors subsequently and installer finally arrived to install in late November AFTER several reminders. During initial measurement we told the installer that the fairly new storm door was to remain so we paid Lowes for reinstallation of the storm door. However the measurements by installer were inaccurate and storm door could not be reinstalled. It is now July 2018 and I STILL do NOT have a storm door. I have visited the local Lowes store and complained many times. I have called the 800 number a few times and all I hear is we will contact the installer to fix it but to this day nothing has happened and Lowes does not seem to care about following up with me. The installer did such a poor job with the door that I have air leaking through. In addition they refused to take back the old doors ( I had paid for removal as well) Finally the store manager took it since I threatened to take legal action. I am just completely disgusted with the approach and lack of service. We were going to redo our kitchen and thought of giving the project to Lowes but have put it on hold due to this rotten experience. I have paid Lowes over 4000 dollars for the two doors and it is still not done. Can you imagine what they would have done if I had put a stop payment on my charge ?

I will NEVER DO INSTALLS WITH THEM AGAIN AND IM TELLING ALL MY FRIENDS TOO

@Michelle y

I can't agree more. It is so unprofessional when they ask you to hold as if they are serious about checking on the problem and then conveniently disconnect. I hate Lowes - no wonder their earnings are not as high as Home Depot

The WORST!! The installers are subcontractors and TERRIBLE.

When you call lLowes AFTER you paid for the job, they’re NOT INTERESTED. They tell you to call CPO their central purchases supm-of-the-other. When you call them, you stay on hold hen they disconnect the call.

I’ve called 16 times over the past 3 days. It’s SICK the way they take your money and make tou pay anyway!

View more comments (2)
Lowes Door Installation
Cons
  • Poor management response to my issue
Damaged or defective
Tags
  • Lowes Installed Sales

Don't use Lowes Home Improvement Services

We thought going with Lowes would make our kitchen renovation a dream… it was a total nightmare. My wife and I own 5 properties and I’ve had hundreds of thousands of dollars of work done over the years. However my regular contractor moved away & I didn’t know who to call to have our kitchen renovated. I’ve never used a big box store & after this experience I will never use Lowes again. I have to say that Mike Leonard (designer) and Russel Fitzgibbons (sales) were both knowledgeable & very helpful until the end. The reason we went with a big box store is we were sold a lie. We were told that by having Lowes do everything we’d save sales tax on everything (cabinets/appliances which was true) & that all the contractors who came to our house would be licensed, insured and background checked (not true we had the most incompetent, unlicensed people, uninsured workers that showed up to do work). Yes the subcontractor for Lowes has insurance and is licensed, but then to save money they get whomever they can to do the work & they do it as fast as they can. We had $60K+ renovation (down to the studs) and permits weren’t obtained, floors weren’t leveled, walls weren’t prepped, cabinets were literally thrown up without measuring etc. Less than halfway through the project we couldn’t take it any more. The subcontractor for Lowes put in a hood vent, cut *** in the roof & that night rain water poured into the attic! When I contacted the contractor they wanted to just caulk it & they weren’t sure if it was their fault! Our house was a disaster area & we didn’t know where to turn, but things were so bad, we would rather take our chances with the unknown than with Lowes. I had kept a log of the issues with Homerun Handyman who Lowes hired & sent this over to Lowes Corporate, thinking they would be helpful and understanding. The reaction from corporate Lowes was appalling! After Shanjae from Lowes Corporate read the issues that we had with the sub-contractors poor workmanship and “shaking us down” for more money (outside of the Lowes contract) we felt they would be as upset as we were. Corporate wasn’t upset at all… in fact they told us we waited too long to contact them & they never had an issue with this contractor before (which wasn’t true). As it turned out Homerun Handyman’s electrician told us of a major issue Lowes/Homerun Handman had with another police office and a kitchen remodel. At one point Lowes Corporate even contemplated calling the police on us when we asked to have their subcontractors tools picked up… they felt we were refusing to give back the tools? The bottom line: Lowes in my opinion & the opinion of contractors I’ve talked with hire contractors that are willing to work for lower rates. As a result, the consumer suffers from rushed jobs and inexperienced or inept contractors. Don’t think you are going to save money… you won’t. What ever contract you negotiate, it’s going to cost you more. Don’t think that you are going to be covered by Lowes Corporate for anything that goes wrong… when things went wrong with our job… they didn’t care and didn’t help.

We just cancelled our kitchen remodel With Lowe’s, and are back to square one. The kitchen designer has to be one of the most disorganized people I’ve ever met, and was either late or completely missed every meeting.

When we were blown off for the last time all they cared about was getting their fee for measuring for cabinets.

I told them that their disorganization and lack of professionalism was why they lost the job so not to hold their breath waiting to be paid. After reading these other comments, we seem to have dodged a bullet.

Update: We ordered and paid in full for custom kitchen cabinets from Lowe's 294 days (OVER 9 MONTHS!!!) ago and so far, it has cost us more than $10,000 beyond what we agreed to pay. There has been so many problems it's not even funny.

The craftsmanship has been horrid, 4 of the cabinets needed replaced due to the installers. They've also managed to break 2 brand new appliances, run over my mailbox and STOLE STUFF FROM MY TOOLBOX (Yes, I have video footage).

Me too, my whole living room downstairs, could have been flooded during the night because of non licensed plumber booking up our water line from refrigerator to waterline in the line above living area below. Contractor fired.

Still 180 days later, Avery small kitchen, and 25k paid feb 18 to Roanoke, va, yes I’ve contacted about 4 different agents at corporate in Indianapolis so many times. It’s a joke. My countertop still not in, tricked by sales person putting in a sink that looks like it came out of trailer with the 3k quartz countertop. It still hasn’t been resolved.

I had to pay a professional plumber to fix the wrong plumbing with refrigerator water line. I’m waiting one more week. Before looking for alternative measures to rectify this horrible remodel. Seems from all I’ve read, that I’m not the only person to be fooled by Lowe’s.

All problems also documented since day one.

I hope this will help anyone in the future from making the same mistakes I have. Best of luck to everyone.

We wish we had seen this before we purchased from Lowe's. Our experience so far has been nothing short of HORRIBLE.

We ordered and paid in full for custom kitchen cabinets from Lowe's 180 days ago. They still aren't done.

Installers have ruined cabinets that needed re-ordered, broken an appliance in the process and left our house a disaster. From the Lowe's side, they drop the ball at every opportunity and will sell you on a process that you won't get.See photos and read my Lowe's kitchen cabinet review: https://myloweskitchencabinets.com/

View more comments (3)
Review
#1198404 Review #1198404 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Kitchen Remodeling
Work Experience or Job Application
$20000

Lowes in Boston, Massachusetts - Horrible Experience

I ordered all kitchen appliances, Lowe's only delivered dishwasher and a damaged refrigerator which I returned and for which they did not have a replacement. It has been three weeks and they have not refunded my money yet. I have spent at least 20 hours on the phone with Lowe's. You could not find any business that cares less and is so negligent. They always say someone will call in 24 hours, which they do not. They keep creating new case numbers, because they need to be answered in 24 hours so they bypass that. I am not sure what else I can do, they have not refunded my money, and refuse to show any sings of effort to correct the situation.

You returned it the store or did the delivery drivers return it? If you returned it yourself, you would have gotten the refund right there at customer service. If they returned it, you'll have to speak to the delivery department.

Lowes in Worcester, Massachusetts - Shipping

3.2
We ordered patio pavers a week ago and cant seem to get a delivery date. Our online order confirmation says we should have received the order the next day. We have called numerous times only to get disconnected or shuffled around thru numerous different departments with no one having a clue as to what should be done . We have asked repeatedly just to give us a new shipping date, we are finally told the company will call you between these times and set up a delivery time, which never happened. I suggest to Lowes they go back to inhouse shipping. If I could contact someone reliable I would cancel my order and order thru someplace else.
Lowes Delivery Service
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes in Springfield, Massachusetts - Customer service, what customer service?

2.3

Update by user Jul 07, 2018

Resolved: I received a call from Lowe’s customer service after posting my experience and was told someone from the store would be contacting me. The next day one of the managers whose name was Nick reached out to me and helped.

Once I told him my issue was how I had to inconvenience my brother by using his truck ( he’s a contractor and it is loaded with all his tools for work ) he confirmed that a set was in stock and had delivered to me on Sunday. Perfect. Nick was great, honest and professional.

My wife was thrilled that we didn’t have to go somewhere else and she got the patio set she wanted. Alls well that ends well, Thank you Nick.

Original review posted by user Jun 07, 2018

On Sunday my wife and I went to Lowe’s to look for a furniture set for the deck. We picked one out and payed for it then. Told them we would come back and pick it up on Thursday as I needed to borrow a truck. When we arrived we were informed by a very frustrated clerk that the table was not in stock. She told me it would be at least a week before it came in. I got a refund. I went home looked at the receipt and went online and checked the 2 other Lowe’s within 20 miles of me. They both have the table in stock. My question is why wouldn’t they at least call another store for me to inquire if there was one available. I’ve so had it with Lowes, anything more then light bulbs and I will be on my way to Ace. Enough with this crap. Worst customer service ever!!!!

How petty and demanding of you.

@Madge

Is it petty and demanding of me to pay 700.00 for a product and schedule a pick up 4 days later and expect the product to be in stock? Is it petty and demanding of me to maybe wonder why they didn’t offer to call a store near by to see if they had one.

I would have picked it up!’ I don’t ask for special treatment just good customer service. The service in these big stores is the way it is because people like Madge except it.....so sad.

@Doug

Did you ask them to call another store? There are a lot of people that wouldn't think of driving 20 miles to pick something up. Keep in mind you would have still had to get a refund and buy it again when you got to the other store.

View more comments (2)

Lowes - Worcester, MA Customer Service

The worst experience customer service over the phone and in person. These folks should not be in this business with the lack of professionalism and communication skills of a baboon. Scratch that. I’ve seen baboons exhibit more grace. I paid for custom shades and installation months ago. Apparently the guy who’s suppose to let the contractor know I received it is never to be found. When I’ve found him, he says he’ll take care of it. Fast forward 2 weeks and still nothing. What a clusterf of a store. The one is Westborough puts this one to shame. I used to spend thousands yearly at this store. No more.
Lowes Shade Installation
Poor customer service

Lowes in North Attleborough, Massachusetts - Service is not in thier businesd profile.

2.5
If the ceo spent more tome with ensuring customer serbice and less time trying raising stock prices...the business would be there. I am a contractor. Time is expensive order on line or phone and orders are rarely ready for pickup. Today is the last day i will use lowes as it cost me and my customets more to shop the there.

Type your message hehttps://www.facebook.com/DumpLowes/

Hate to tell you this, but the job of a CEO is to keep profits up which keeps their stock prices up. The biggest controllable expense for a retail store is the payroll.

If they can make more money putting stock on the shelves for customers to grab and take thought the registers than building loads for contractors, that's what they will do. Sure it's nice to have a good contractor sale here and there but the big box stores' bread and butter is sales going out the front door in volume.

View more comments (1)
Order processing issue

Lowes in Westborough, Massachusetts - Westboro MA store is a disgrace

1.4
Westborough store is a JOKE. The management should be ashamed of themselves. It is mind boggling that they still have jobs. Never return phone calls, always “on lunch”. Absolutely no customer service. An absolute disgrace.