store service customer service customer home manager home depot order depot money

Customer service, what customer service? | Lowes review from Springfield, Massachusetts

2.3

Update by user Jul 07, 2018

Resolved: I received a call from Lowe’s customer service after posting my experience and was told someone from the store would be contacting me. The next day one of the managers whose name was Nick reached out to me and helped.

Once I told him my issue was how I had to inconvenience my brother by using his truck ( he’s a contractor and it is loaded with all his tools for work ) he confirmed that a set was in stock and had delivered to me on Sunday. Perfect. Nick was great, honest and professional.

My wife was thrilled that we didn’t have to go somewhere else and she got the patio set she wanted. Alls well that ends well, Thank you Nick.

Original review posted by user Jun 07, 2018

On Sunday my wife and I went to Lowe’s to look for a furniture set for the deck. We picked one out and payed for it then. Told them we would come back and pick it up on Thursday as I needed to borrow a truck. When we arrived we were informed by a very frustrated clerk that the table was not in stock. She told me it would be at least a week before it came in. I got a refund. I went home looked at the receipt and went online and checked the 2 other Lowe’s within 20 miles of me. They both have the table in stock. My question is why wouldn’t they at least call another store for me to inquire if there was one available. I’ve so had it with Lowes, anything more then light bulbs and I will be on my way to Ace. Enough with this crap. Worst customer service ever!!!!

How petty and demanding of you.

@Madge

Is it petty and demanding of me to pay 700.00 for a product and schedule a pick up 4 days later and expect the product to be in stock? Is it petty and demanding of me to maybe wonder why they didn’t offer to call a store near by to see if they had one.

I would have picked it up!’ I don’t ask for special treatment just good customer service. The service in these big stores is the way it is because people like Madge except it.....so sad.

@Doug

Did you ask them to call another store? There are a lot of people that wouldn't think of driving 20 miles to pick something up. Keep in mind you would have still had to get a refund and buy it again when you got to the other store.

View more comments (2)

Worcester, MA Customer Service | Lowes review

The worst experience customer service over the phone and in person. These folks should not be in this business with the lack of professionalism and communication skills of a baboon. Scratch that. I’ve seen baboons exhibit more grace. I paid for custom shades and installation months ago. Apparently the guy who’s suppose to let the contractor know I received it is never to be found. When I’ve found him, he says he’ll take care of it. Fast forward 2 weeks and still nothing. What a clusterf of a store. The one is Westborough puts this one to shame. I used to spend thousands yearly at this store. No more.
Lowes Shade Installation
Poor customer service

Service is not in thier businesd profile. | Lowes review from North Attleborough, Massachusetts

2.5
If the ceo spent more tome with ensuring customer serbice and less time trying raising stock prices...the business would be there. I am a contractor. Time is expensive order on line or phone and orders are rarely ready for pickup. Today is the last day i will use lowes as it cost me and my customets more to shop the there.

Type your message hehttps://www.facebook.com/DumpLowes/

Hate to tell you this, but the job of a CEO is to keep profits up which keeps their stock prices up. The biggest controllable expense for a retail store is the payroll.

If they can make more money putting stock on the shelves for customers to grab and take thought the registers than building loads for contractors, that's what they will do. Sure it's nice to have a good contractor sale here and there but the big box stores' bread and butter is sales going out the front door in volume.

Order processing issue

Westboro MA store is a disgrace | Lowes review from Westborough, Massachusetts

1.4
Westborough store is a JOKE. The management should be ashamed of themselves. It is mind boggling that they still have jobs. Never return phone calls, always “on lunch”. Absolutely no customer service. An absolute disgrace.

Your company is GARBAGE. | Lowes review from Kingston, Massachusetts

I recently purchased a home that is a fixer upper. To date, I have spent thousands of dollars with Lowe's in Kingston, MA and I regret every cent (if you don't believe me, look me up). My home renovations are only about 20% complete, and I will never spend another dime at your despicable company. How can you honestly look at yourself as a company and claim "good" customer service? I am not going to waste my time typing out an entire story about each appliance I purchased and how your company proved its incompetence; just know I will be going out of my way to make sure I express how poorly I have been treated, and every person/review site I encounter, I will suggest alternative companies just to make sure my circle of people do not make the same mistake I did by trusting your company. You are the very reason big box stores receive such a bad rapport.

How are you going to express how poorly you were treated if you won't take the time to provide any detail in your complaint?

Review
Cons
  • Customer service on returns from online ordering
  • Customer service
Preferred solution
Make sure none of my family/friends use your company.
Tags
  • useless slow incompetent

Bad experiance with purchase and instllation of Pella patio door | Lowes review from Framingham, Massachusetts

1.5
Went to Lowe's in Framingham MA to purchase a Pella patio door with installation. Went to door and window dept. associate told me that if I wanted them to install the door they would have to come out and measure the opening. I agreed and paid the $35.00 fee for this service. I was told I would be contacted in 2 business days to set appointment for measurement. 4 days later still no call. spent 4 hours on the phone with no luck. Went to the store and asked to speak to a manager. After half an hour manager said He would personally call the company to get this done. still no luck and manager is ducking me. Then I tried to purchase the door on line. transaction went through YEA !! got a call that the door would be delivered on Thursday great. Thursday morning store called the door is out of stock. I questioned this as the web site had 3 in stock ?? These people said they could not help me and refund my money. I then went to the Dedham MA store and ordered the door it came Friday but still no refund on the original door and not instillation. DON'T USE LOW'S, customer service is not responsive POOR Employee performance. 3 days still haven't got the refund for the door and never got the $35 measurement fee returned..
Let the company propose a solution

Deplorable customer service | Lowes review from Southborough, Massachusetts

2.7
My husband an I bought a dishwasher from Lowe's on January 17, 2017 and were told that we would not get delivery until January 30th. We decided to buy the dishwasher and wait until the 30th. About a week later Lowe's notified us that we would again have to wait until at least the 15th of February, we again agreed to wait. In the meantime, we received a bill from Lowe's credit card which stated the due date for the dishwasher was the 15th of February. We called the Hadley, Massachusetts and spoke to Heather, store manager, and explained that we were not going to pay for something we had yet to receive. What if the merchandise was damaged or did not work when we received it, are we obliged to then again pay for something we did not have? All Heather had to do was cancel the original purchase and have us buy the dishwasher again which would have deferred our bill for another month, but Heather stated there was nothing she could do. We then decided to cancel the order all together. Since then we have bought another dishwasher from Home Depot from a very helpful sales lady. FYI we will be delivered of a new dishwasher on Saturday. Do not buy anything from Lowe's.

Commentor, you didn't seem to get the original poster's message did you Einstein.

Maybe Lowe's is not responsible for the back order, but the customer sure of *** isn't. Lowe's could of remedied the situation by canceling the original order and then re-charging it and they still would of had a had a happy customer.

Delays like this can happen no matter where you buy an appliance that isn't in stock. Stores will order the appliance from the manufacture and provide a due date based on information provided by the manufacturer.

Unfortunately the manufacturers will occasionally backorder an appliance and the store has no clue this is happening until the truck shows up without the appliance.

All this has nothing to do with the credit extended by the credit company that issues Lowes credit cards. In the future purchase in stock appliances if you need them right away.

Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Extremely poor customer service
Bad quality

Lowes knowingly deals with an inferior delivery company

2.3
After an awful experience with the local delivery company XPO Last Mile Courier in Massachusetts, we looked online and found only complaints regarding this company. XPO guys damaged our new refrigerator since the only thing they were interested in was collecting out old one with all the accessories (we were *** enough to allow then to do it), instead of the proper installation of the new appliance they were delivering. They did not take the fridge doors off hinges and squeezed the fridge with the doors open through the house door. We had to wait for a replacement and specifically asked the Lowes rep to send us someone more skillful. After multiple communication troubles with XPO and Lowes which are too long to describe, the same *** appeared again. Asked to remove the door, the driver (the one who damaged the fridge in the first place) started looking for wiring and tubing behind the door, although the fridge did not even have a water dispenser which was obvious from its appearance. When we commented on that he behaved arrogantly and left without making the delivery. The Lowes rep explained us that they are aware of problems with XPO, but this is their only choice in our area. So, they knowingly subject customers to dealing with an incompetent and fraudulent delivery company?!! Probably they share the illegal proceeds? XPO is certainly moonlighting at the expense of Lowes customers, since they habitually delay deliveries for hours and days. Lowes does not care - the reps try to convince you that they are in control (in our case someone named German said many times that he is monitoring our case. It turned out another lie. They lie to you when you order, then lie promising cempetent installation, then lie telling that thay offered to send a technician for installation. We call Customer Care who promised to get back within 24 hour. The only thing they did is to suggest the local Dedham, MA store to give us a refund. No compensation for troubles, no old fridge which the XPO thieves houled away and probably sold. Of course, it would be another trouble if we decided to sue them. Both Lowes and XPO have means we consumers don't have. At least we can warn others. I am thinking it must be possible to find a small local company selling appliances and buy a fridge from them. Forget Lowes, Home Depot and the like - they make huge money and can afford losing couple of customers.
Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • Wide variety of products
Cons
  • Lowes not responsible for poor delivery service
Problem with delivery
$2000
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Customer Service and Delviery
  • Delivery nightmare
  • Appliance delivery

Lowes won't honor my Military ID here in Maine

Lowes won't honor my Military ID here in Maine I am a US Veteran. I took a copy of my DD form 214 to DMV and received a Maine drivers License that shows I am a vet. Lowes will not Honor it for a discount They say they give all vets 10% but not here in Maine if you don't have a Health care ID / or active duty ID your not considered a Vet at Lowes . I have my own healthcare insurance and I have a less then 10% service connected disability so I don't have an ID from the VA. I am a Vet and I am proud to have served Shame on Lowes to treat us like were not Vets. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..

I have the utmost respect for our military, but it always *** me off when someone like you feels entitled to a discount. Go to WalMart and try to get a Military discount.

The military discount clearly says its for Active duty, Retired, or disabled military personnel.

If you were even 10% disabled, you'd have a VA card. The DD214 is not a valid ID for the discount.

It is not a veterans discount it is a Military discount.

Veterans Discount
honoring all Vets as you state you do!!! My ID is valid

Window purchase and Lowes home install

Had a contract with Lowe's on the Install of window I bought there. The contract stated type of window, amount of contract, and time to complete. Paid the amount in full before they started any work. Two elderly carpenters showed up to do the work on a Wednesday. When I arrived at the house at approx. 2:30pm they were packing up to leave and had installed two windows and work look good. They came back on Thursday worked until approx. 4:40pm had put in rest of window but no interior trim. Got a call from lowe's looking for an additional $700.00 for labor and materials to finish. Told them no way had a contract and expected them to honor it. Had to go to store and haggle with a member of management and he agree to honor contract the way it was written. On Monday the workers showed up used old trim boards from previous window, did a horrible job putting up the trim and left. After contacting the local management and the company comsumer division nothing has been done nor has anyone contacted me. Luckly for me I have a Home Depot near me that I will now use. So future Lowe's patron buyer beware....Very disappointed in Lowe's
Lowes Window Installation