State: Massachusetts City: Springfield Clear all filters (6 of 4877 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Springfield, Massachusetts - Don’t use for fence installation!

Lowes - Don’t use for fence installation!
It’s mid-August, my fence installation job started in June. After 4 days of work and installing a gate that doesn’t even open (among other issues), it’s been 2 months since someone has been back to fix and finish the installation. I’ve called numerous times, asked for managers, visited my local store.. not one time has a single person, a manager, coordinator or my salesman, returned my call or gave just a courtesy call to provide a status update and act like they care. Do yourself a favor and avoid the headache of dealing with Lowe’s.

I am having a similar experience here in Virginia over fencing materials and installation!!! Very frustrating... I will NEVER step foot in another #Lowes store!!!

I will fix it all for $5.00 and send the invoice to Lowes

This is because the contractor they hired to do your job found out he was going to make 40% of what he would doing his own jobs and quit on them. Happens every day.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Fence Installation
Order processing issue

Lowes in Springfield, Massachusetts - Fat Lazy Salesperson

My 74 year old DISABLED husband went in to buy a microwave. He found what he was looking for and went over to a nearby associate. He asked for assistance the guy asked him if he had a carriage. When my husband said no, the guy told him, "I can't help you until you get a carriage." My husband walked away went to get a carriage and went back to the microwaves. My husband loaded it on by himself (50lbs) and looked over to see this fat *** standing there watching him. This is the final straw with LOWE'S. I had issues with them over the summer after we bought a $2000 lawn tractor. NEVER AGAIN!! Home Depot here we come. Unfortunately, I would have to give them at least 1 star for customer service. They don't deserve even that many.

Your husband needs to post this complaint instead of you since He was the one who went to Lowes.

You weren't even there. Second hand stories can never be trusted.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Sales Representative
Cons
  • Customer service was a joke
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Springfield, Massachusetts - Customer service, what customer service?

2.3

Update by user Jul 07, 2018

Resolved: I received a call from Lowe’s customer service after posting my experience and was told someone from the store would be contacting me. The next day one of the managers whose name was Nick reached out to me and helped.

Once I told him my issue was how I had to inconvenience my brother by using his truck ( he’s a contractor and it is loaded with all his tools for work ) he confirmed that a set was in stock and had delivered to me on Sunday. Perfect. Nick was great, honest and professional.

My wife was thrilled that we didn’t have to go somewhere else and she got the patio set she wanted. Alls well that ends well, Thank you Nick.

Original review posted by user Jun 07, 2018

On Sunday my wife and I went to Lowe’s to look for a furniture set for the deck. We picked one out and payed for it then. Told them we would come back and pick it up on Thursday as I needed to borrow a truck. When we arrived we were informed by a very frustrated clerk that the table was not in stock. She told me it would be at least a week before it came in. I got a refund. I went home looked at the receipt and went online and checked the 2 other Lowe’s within 20 miles of me. They both have the table in stock. My question is why wouldn’t they at least call another store for me to inquire if there was one available. I’ve so had it with Lowes, anything more then light bulbs and I will be on my way to Ace. Enough with this crap. Worst customer service ever!!!!

How petty and demanding of you.

@Madge

Is it petty and demanding of me to pay 700.00 for a product and schedule a pick up 4 days later and expect the product to be in stock? Is it petty and demanding of me to maybe wonder why they didn’t offer to call a store near by to see if they had one.

I would have picked it up!’ I don’t ask for special treatment just good customer service. The service in these big stores is the way it is because people like Madge except it.....so sad.

@Doug

Did you ask them to call another store? There are a lot of people that wouldn't think of driving 20 miles to pick something up. Keep in mind you would have still had to get a refund and buy it again when you got to the other store.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Customer Care
Poor customer service

Lowes - Door Review from Springfield, Massachusetts

1.8

Update by user Apr 20, 2016

After over a month of delays in my special order, someone finally reached out about a possible ship date. If they get anywhere the date they are saying, it would be a month past when they said they would get it and a month and a half since they took the order.

A white month went by before they came up with the latest date, communicated in a cold impersonal email.

No apologies, no empathy, just a cold stating that maybe you'll get your special order by months end.

They knew it last week, 2 weeks ago. 3 weeks ago.

4 weeks ago.

They just refused to communicate with me.

Many emails and phone calls to their Customer Care which always end with someone from senior management will contact you within 24 hours but it never happened until 4 weeks, a whole month went by. They still haven't fixed MYLOWES to accurately reflect the status of my order.

Horrible, horrible customer service.

Original review posted by user Apr 19, 2016

Horrible special order experience. I ordered a dpecial order door on 3/17. Supposed to arrive 4/5. I should have run from the store just in trying to get someone who knew how to order it. I was in the store for 40 minutes before an assistant manager figured it out. I talked to someone in the department - no go. I talked to a specialist - closer but no go. I went to an assistant manager - very unfriendly, not at all making me feel comfortable that he knew what he was doing. Always trust your instincts because it just went downhill from there. Less than a week later I was looking adt mylowes for the status of another dpecial order I had placed through lowes.com. I noticed my shower door was refunded. I didn't refund it oe cancel it what is going on? I try calling the store several times and get no satisfaction so I decide to go there. I explain the whole thing to another assistant manager. He convinces me that there is still a door on order. Went through the whole mylowes problem and he said hhe doesn't know how that works but that they still owe me a door - even though I don't have anything that shows that and mylowes is incorrect. He said it's still scheduled to be here 4/5 but he can verify this tomorrow. Still waiting on that call. Fast forward to 4/5. No door. No communication of any kind from Lowes. Called the store on 4/6. Tried to resolve it over the phone, unsuccessfully. Decide to go to the store. On the way to the store someone from Lowes calls and tells my wife the door won't be there until the 15th now. Why didn't they call? Now I am pissed off. I ask to speak to the assistant manager that ordered the door. After several pages the associate says he must be out to lunch. They'll have him call me. Still waiting for that call, too. Supposed to be 2 weeks to get the door, now pushed back to almost 4 weeks. If it comes on the 15th. It doesn't. They don't call about that either. I go back to the store and ask an associate to look at the order. The new date is the 25th. I ask what the *** is going on. I am told it didn't come in on the 15th so someone just moved the date back and it doesn't necessarily mean it will be here on the 25th. Now I am livid. I ask two different people for name and contact information for the next level of management above the store. It is the district manager. They tell me his name but won't provide a way to contact him. Still no dood. The store had never contacted me to let me know what the problem is. They cannot let me know when I might receive the door. They don't care about me. Horrible, horrible customer service. If the assistant store manager cares so little about customers, what chance do you have that anyone else in the store cares about customers. They don't. Avoid this store. You will be sadly dissapointed. Throughout this whole experience I have been calling and emailing the Customer Care (please rename to Customer don'tCare to
Product
Door
Cons
  • Low confidence level
  • Knowledge and expertise sbout special orders
  • Being treated like i was bothering them
Order processing issue

NEVER ORDER FROM Springfield MA,LOWES

Im doing my bathroom renovation and ordered on 24 March 2016 from Lowes the following items, shower base, shower doors and shower head. The expected arrival of the items are on April 08, I received message on April 04 that shower base is available. I went to Springfield Lowes but they cant find the shower base, As per Assistant Store Manager the item is sold to somebody. He reorder the shower tub and he convince us to order more items from their store. We ordered Jacuzzi whirpool bath tub and inline heaters with expected date of 16 April 2016. Received bath tub and inline heater last 14 April but not the shower base and shower door. Today 18 Apr l received a call from Lowes that items are available, but when we went to Lowes the shower base still not available. Never order from lowes!!!!
Lowes Delivery Service
Problem with delivery
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Springfield, Massachusetts - Got cheaper fence than what I paid for

I ordered and paid from Lowes 7 panels of a Cedar stockade fence June 2 to be picked up by the guy who was going to be putting the Fence in. He went to pick up the fence and was there for over 2 hours while they tried to figure out what fence to give him ( he had the receipt with the fence # on it , too) He came to my house with a fence I didn't order. It looked nothing like the one I paid for. I liked it, so he put it up. I wasn't sure why I had gotten that particular style of stockade, but I trusted Lowes. I went by Lowes today to look at the fence I had installed to try to figure out what happened. I found out it was $6 a panel cheaper than the ones I originally paid for! Went back tonite - the style of the panels I ordered and paid for had been out of stock for awhile. Mmmm, the cashier who rang me up didn't know that? I want cedar ( original order) so that the fence would last linger and the cheaper ones that were installed were Cedar look- not Cedar! Btw, the original fence I paid for is still displayed outside as if they are still available. I still had my receipt and received a refund of $44. My point is that it clearly stated that I paid $50.97 originally on my receipt yet they substituted panels selling for $44.67 knowing I had paid more than that . Grrrrrrrr.. If I hadn't gone in and kept my receipt I would have overpaid $44 for a fence I thought was cedar but wasn't.mu
Lowes Cashier
Loss

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111