State: Massachusetts City: Worcester Clear all filters (8 of 4877 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Worcester, Massachusetts - Carpeting

1.4
So-purchased so called “life proof” carpet. The install was supposed to be a runner up the stairs, and carpet to the end of the hall. I was assured by the salesman that it was awesome, pet and kid proof carpet. They installed it-incorrectly. But, OMG! they had enough carpet to come and redo the whole thing correctly. So- they planned to install carpet I paid for elsewhere,since the *** who “measured” seemed to measure twice and pay once. Eventually they redid it and still had a lot of carpet to spare. Insult to injury? The carpet is *** The kids and dogs are wrecking it- but, hey, I was stupid enough to believe that Lowe’s gave me good advice. I have had some success with their appliances, but I will never buy flooring from them again.
Lowes Carpet Installation
Bad quality

Lowes in Worcester, Massachusetts - Shipping

3.2
We ordered patio pavers a week ago and cant seem to get a delivery date. Our online order confirmation says we should have received the order the next day. We have called numerous times only to get disconnected or shuffled around thru numerous different departments with no one having a clue as to what should be done . We have asked repeatedly just to give us a new shipping date, we are finally told the company will call you between these times and set up a delivery time, which never happened. I suggest to Lowes they go back to inhouse shipping. If I could contact someone reliable I would cancel my order and order thru someplace else.
Lowes Delivery Service
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes - Worcester, MA Customer Service

The worst experience customer service over the phone and in person. These folks should not be in this business with the lack of professionalism and communication skills of a baboon. Scratch that. I’ve seen baboons exhibit more grace. I paid for custom shades and installation months ago. Apparently the guy who’s suppose to let the contractor know I received it is never to be found. When I’ve found him, he says he’ll take care of it. Fast forward 2 weeks and still nothing. What a clusterf of a store. The one is Westborough puts this one to shame. I used to spend thousands yearly at this store. No more.
Lowes Shade Installation

Lowes in Worcester, Massachusetts - Can't get any call backs

I bought a consultation for a person to come to my home and evaluate what size screen door and type would be best in my home. Have had no call backs to set up. I have called several times and spoke with several people. Mike the manager has been of no help whatsoever. Truly very disappointed in this place. I will not ever use Lowes again. I will call HD and give them my business. This should be a simple task and yet they are giving me the run around. I believe Mike is now just avoiding the calls. He stated he would call back but has made no attempts to fix the situation / problem.
Lowes Customer Care
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Worcester, Massachusetts - Poor Handling of Online Order, Not Ready for Pickup

I ordered from Lowe's online with store pick up. I received an email saying it was ready for pick up at the store in Worcester, MA at customer service. When I arrived, I waited while the service person talked to friends for 5 to 10 minutes. When she finally paid attention to me, she said my order was not there, and she spent the next 10 minutes calling someone who never came. Finally someone else tried to help, but it took her 20 minutes to locate my order. It was a terrible experience. I got home and saw that two things were missing, which leads to the other problem. I had a 10% off coupon, which was taken off the total when I checked out. However the email I received showed them taking 10% off each item. With no explanation, they screwed up the totals of items. They changed an order of 222 tiles to 221 tiles, and then a separate line for one tile. This was done throughout the email copy of the order. This caused mistakes to be made and for the store to give the wrong totals for two items. Now I have to go back to this lousy store to get the missing items. I received an email from Lowe's asking me how they did. I said poorly. I bet there is no meaningful follow up. This now makes two problem orders from Lowe's in the past six months. I'm going to stop ordering from them.
Poor customer service

Lowes in Worcester, Massachusetts - Incompetent! BUYER BEWARE!

I've been dealing with these clowns for nearly 2 years. I’m in the process of replacing all windows in my home with Pella 850 series windows and new entry doors as well. To say my experience has been unpleasant is an understatement. Phase 1 windows were installed without incident. Overall I’m happy. The custom entryway door on the other hand was a mess. The installer needed to trim the floor back in order to get the door so sit plumb. I told him well before he started the install but he assured me everything would be fine as he has been installing doors for 20 years He didn’t. I wound up going back to Lowes and after nearly 8 months the problem was fixed. That was after I had the door manufacturer out here for an inspection. At the end of the day it was a bad install just as I had said all along. Lowes ultimate made good on it but not without a lot of my time researching and pulling all the pieces together. Of which I should have to do anyway. However... I also had them install a storm door. The problem with that was no sill extender on the custom entryway door. After Lowes came out to inspect... The deemed the door was installed properly. BS! Any fool would know that the wipers on the bottom of the storm door work correctly ONLY when they wipe across the sill. Not the case here. So the alleged Market Director for the Northeast deemed there were no problems. Of course not... You too sir don’t have the skills necessary to make those kinds of decisions. My research on you via the web proves that point! So now we move on to phase two windows. The window in the kitchen SHOULD have matched the bedroom window in terms of size. In other words I could take the screens from the bedroom window and install them in the kitchen window and vv. This is NOT the case now with the new windows. I told the installers from the very beginning that those two windows are the same size so please order the same size. They did not. This was their fault and the installation manager from the store refuses to acknowledge the issue. Why? HES NOT QUALIFIED TO WORK ON THESE TYPES OF PROJECTS! He was more interested in texting on his phone rather than listen to me. So we move on to the phase two window install. I advised the installer that the installation needed to match the phase one install. That means they are installed in a certain location. While going through the process he ripped off the jamb extensions and put his own on (now the paint doesn’t match). That friends should have been a red flag! The windows are NOT in the correct location and in fact they are off an inch. So now the brick molding on that side of the house doesn’t NOT match the front of the house. To make matters worse, the windows are not the right size. They had to shim the rough opening by .75 / side in order to get the window to fit correctly. It gets worse... The basement windows did not have the right jamb extension. While close is size (WHICH I might add should have been another red flag) was still off 1/4". So what did that mean? That had to put a .25 face plate on it all around. Additionally in order to get the windows installed they had to put 2.5" shim on the top and bottom... That’s right! TWO AND A HALF inches of shim top and bottm. WTF?? His exuse? The manufacturer made the wrong size window. REALLY? Are you *** kidding me??? They effed up on either the measurement or Lowes ordered the wrong size. I suspect a combination on the two. To make matters worse the windows are not plumb. In fact they are out 1/4 from top to bottom. Additionally Lowes did not order sash pulls. How the EFF am I to open the windows? The market director for this area is clueless. He called after I filed a complaint and said we'll get the building inspector out there to take a look. We'll also get the sash pulls installed as well. HELLOOOOO The windows are NOT the right size. He would hear none of it. Again... He's not qualified to make these kinds of decisions. For all you consumers out there looking for windows and doors? If you aren’t going to do it yourself then go to a company who specializes in those types of products. After reading many posts on line (some not legit but others are) I'm here to tell you that the installers they employ are there because no one else would hire them. TO be fair... I’m sure that’s not always the case but the ones I've been dealing with are hacks and really don’t give a rats *** about you. You're just another customer that put money in their pocket. Do your homework. I wish I had found this site sooner! I was assured by many that Lowes does a wonderful job. Yep! They do a wonderful job at taking your money, not backing up their work thus screwing the consumer.
Loss

Lowes in Worcester, Massachusetts - Lousy service with service advantage plan

My Frigidaire refrigerator quit refrigerating. By the time I discovered this, I had lost all of the food in my freezer and refrigerator. I called the Lowe's Service Advantage number given to me by the local store in which I purchased the appliance. Could hardly understand the person on the other end due to language barrrier. Was told I would receive a phone call within 24 -48 hrs. I'm still waiting for that phone call 1 week later. Noone locally will come and repair it due to the parts under warranty. I have since purchased a new refrigerator due to unknown timeframe of fixing the broken one. Calling the 800 number is worthless. They won't put you through to a supervisor, nor provide contact information for the regional or corporate office. When I did originally call, I expressed concern to the foreign speaking gentleman, that I was on alert for deployment to the gulf coast in response to Hurricane Ike. I am a medical professional, and was awaiting the call to go. I explained to him that I was not comfortable leaving my wife and two small children behind with no refrigerator. I was hoping to at least get someone to look at it as expeditious as possible. I was again reassured that my concern was documented and forwarded to the regional office. Still waiting for word back from the regional office. I called approximately 56 hours after the original call to check on status. I was told that there is no local technicians to provide service, and that my file is still being worked on by the regional office. As a business man and healthcare professional in the same town in which I purchased the appliance, I find this business practice absolutely pathetic. What a "*** poor" way to treat your customers! I was forced to purchase out of pocket a new refrigerator, and replace the well over $200.00 worth of food that was lost at no fault of my own.

This is a letter of complaint regarding my manufacture warranty under my LG appliance. This product was purchased in July/2014 with an additional warranty coverage plan.

On May 28, 2015 I called Lowes service and advantage 1-888-775-6937 to open a claim regarding my dishwasher, schedule a company service call. My appliance is making a high pitched whistling sound during the entire cycle when operating. I was given a scheduled date of Friday 06/05/15 with a company A.J. appliance service between the hours of 1-5:00pm.

On 06/05/15 at 12:30pm I get a phone call from a representative with Lowes service stating that the AJ appliance was cancelling my service call scheduled last minute. I had already left work thinking that I would need to be in the home between the hours of 1-5:00pm waiting for service person to arrive. I was told by the Lowes rep that AJ appliance was over booked and couldn’t make my scheduled appointment. The Lowes representative then gave me a reschedule appointment for Monday 06/08/15 between the hours of 1-5:00pm with a company called A.E.

appliance. I took this appointment missing more time off work. The technician arrived at 2:30pm, he was an older gentleman. He states that he heard the whistling sound when he first arrived at my home; put wasn’t able to hear it after awhile.

I’m still hearing the noise as I’m standing right next to the tech. I turned off my TV, turned off house fans trying to help this elderly man hear this high pitch sound that’s clearly coming from my appliance. The man then tells me to call the service rep back and schedule a different appointment with another tech that he has hearing issues and can’t hear the sound the dishwasher is making. The tech gave me a receipt of his visit.

The next day I called once again Lowes service line, explained what the tech had said to reschedule with another company that would be able to hear this high pitch sound this appliance is making. I’m given an appointment with A.J. appliance on Friday 06/12/15 1-5:00pm, the company was a no show!

I called the service number06/12/15 again asked to speak with a supervisor her name was Pam, I explained what was happening the cancelations last minute, no shows, sending a Tech to my home that is elderly and has a known hearing problem. The concern/complaint is written in my file as to why I’m requesting service a LOUD pitch whistling noise!

The issue I have here is that this product is still under manufacture warranty and is covered, which was paid for by ME the costumer.

This issue needs to be settled I am sending my complaint to LG services and to Lowes services. I have copies of all emails from Lowes confirming all scheduled or rescheduled appointments.

We are having the same problem with our extended warranty on our new Whirpool washing machine. They came out and said we needed new parts.

Now we cannot get them to come out to install the parts that have been here via UPS.

Friendly people with NO knowledge of their vendor as to whom can or cannot work on appliances! Would rate them at a minus 100 for service!

I will NOT buy another major appliance that requires Me to use the Advantage Protection Plan from Lowes! I have all the respect for the Lowes store Manager (JT) in Cleburne, Texas!!

Disclaimer, I painted in my younger years but haven't painted in years. You guys either got a horribly bad batch of paint or you must have been expecting the paint to be pro style without having to pay for a pro actually doing it.

I read these reviews after buying a gallon of flat white for a weekend project. It made me so paranoid I decided to test one support board nobody would see. I painted the whole board (2"x4"x6') then walked away and 20 minutes later it was dry. I was surprised so naturally I put another coat on (because that's how you paint).

No complaints so far but I'll send an update after a night of drying.

There is no paint that exists that you can just put one coat on and walk away and it'll be perfect for 5 or 20 years. Also it seems that most complaints are for semigloss and gloss....so to be fair I have only used flat.

All appliances have a year warranty and they ask if you want the additional year. What I have found is that if it cant be repaired take it back to the store and ask to speak to the store manager only - if not in ask for the district manager - if no answer call the corporate number.

Most returns will give you another until they get someone in the store to fix yours or in most cases give you one of equal value. And for goodness sakes take responsibility for your own purchases and SAVE YOUR RECIEPT!

I CALLED IN TO GET MY CABRIO WASHER REPAIRED WHILE COVERED UNDER ITS EXTENDED WARRANTY. I WAS REFERRED TO A SUB CONTRACTOR.THEY DIAGNOSED MY WASHER OVER THE PHONEWHICH I ASKED THEM HOW THEY COULD DO THAT.THEY REPLIED WE FIX SO MANY OF THESE ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TELL US WHAT ITS DOING.WE DONT HAVE TO LOOK AT IT.I WAS TOLD THREE DAYS BUT TEN DAYS LATER THEY SHOW UP.THEY HAD THE WRONG PARTS OF COURSE SO BACK THEY GO TO THE SHOP.WHEN I CALLED THEM THEY SAID THE PARTS ARE ORDERED BUT COULD NOT TELL ME WHEN THEY COULD RETURN TO FIX IT. WE ARE VERY UNHAPPY AND WILL NEVER BUY APPLIANCES AT LOWES OR AN EXTENDED WARRANTY.WE STILL ARE WITHOUT A WASHER AND HAVE EIGHT ADULTS FIVE KIDS AND SIX DOGS LIVING WITH BECAUSE OF POWER OUTAGES AND BAD STORMS IN OUR AREA.PLEASE DONT BUY LOWES.

My husband and I purchased a washer from Lowe. Before too long, it began to bray and bellow, so we called the service department and were referred to a local repair shop that Lowes subcontracts. The first time their rep came out, he needed to go get parts. He dropped in the next week, and needed more parts. The week after, he decided that he didn't know what was wrong with it, so he left again. The next time he came back, much later, was a demand performance, and since a month of study hadn't diagnosed the problem, he wanted to take it with him, and fix it in the shop. About a month later, the guy shows up with the washer and swears it's fixed, however, his back is injured, his dog is birthing puppies, his wife is due home any moment, etc, and he can't get the machine back in the house.

The friendly local village *** (me) told him to go on--I'd get someone to move it in. I did get some local kids to install the washer, and I turned it on. It didn't bray or bellow anymore, it gave one thin, agonized screech and died forever.

So I called the shop, and was curtly told that whoever carried the machine inside must have "done sumpun to it".

I'd paid over $150.00 in parts, and was guaranteed a serious chewing by my husband, so I called the dude some creatively nasty names, questioned his parentage, and gave him my august opinion of his little hole-in-the-wall repair shop.

Then I called Lowes. After about twenty minutes of being shifted from here to there, I was informed that they could give me deep sympathy and the name of another repair shop...

So I gave them, the repair shop, and the Better Business Bureau my written opinion of the entire farce, threw the old washer out, bought a good one from Sears, and went my merry way. May I add that my merry way doesn't stray to Lowes--I haven't darkened their door in two years.

*** once is okay, most times, but *** twice leads to extinction.

Retailer4life,

Thanks for the comments. I did try local repair services.

All the same answer. We don't work on appliances under warranty coverage. Frigidaire's answering service gave me the same answers as well. Noone to service your area.

Apparently I live in a vaccum of space that noone can find or wants to come to. LOL I did speak with the manager, and once providing proof of purchase, he may be able to help me out. I've also corresponded with the Lowe's Customer Care Center.

They too have been courteous and helpful. Thanks again for your thoughts.

Usually what we do in our Lowe's is give the customer one of our local authorized repair providers. We usually avoid the 800 service advantage number because as stated here, you are routed to a national call center who then routes it to a servicer.

Every Lowes I know, unless you are in a very unusual area, has at least 1 local servicer. When we give our customers one of these numbers, in many cases they get service later that same day. We do try to avoid the 800 number whenever possible. Also, irregardless as to where the refrigerator was purchased, also having been on that end as well, any Frigidaire repair facility is authorized to do those repairs for you, again provided that the unit is still under manufacturer's warranty.

I am sure there would would have to be someone locally to help you. Also, in closing, I would make sure the Lowes store manager (not the appliance sales associate) is made aware of this.

View more comments (8)

Lowes in Worcester, Massachusetts - Threats made

I was a former HR manager for Lowes. After uncovering a employee theft scam,which I brought to light to my boss,as well as his boss ,they made my life ***. I am in the process of starting legal action as well as trying to bring the labor union in to the company. Let them laugh that one off! My boss was Luis Rivera. His boss is Mary Raddant.As they are friends,this whole matter has been swept under the rug. When speaking with there legal department there comment was,and I quote " call a lawyer" I took there advice!
jennblond

these people will never understand because they havent worked for this company. keep your this company is so corrupt and employees that are still working there believe so as well they are just too scared to say anything in fear of losing their jobs.

No one is out to sue or make money off of them. they are just trying to show how corrupt the company really is and as for the comment of Lp and how could she know well see you never worked here and all managers including HR can go into the LP office and review tapes at any given time. they save the tapes from day to day to review them when needed.

and if another associate may have suspected something yes they would have brought it to HR's attention therefore giving her the right to go review the tapes. Dont criticize something in which you know nothing about

lowes must be doing something right. They find a way to get rid of all of the disgruntled, lazy people that complain on this site.

In our society there are way to many people that work harder at avoiding work than just doing their job duties.

It seems many are on this site instead of looking for a new job. Probably trying to collect unemployment or dreaming of a way to sue someone else so they can get a free ride.

Tell him about it @

www.lowesceo.com

Something not right here Lucy,,,

This is a LP issue, and if you were a HR, they never come out of their office. How couldn't uncover anything except maybe a sandwich with a file and if you were able to uncover anything there Sherlock, you would to have video of the theft, you as a HR would know that it is almost impossible to fire someone for an allegation of theft. good luck with your Union.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Manager

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111