State: Michigan City: Benton Harbor Product: Lowes Carpet Installation Clear all filters (1 of 77 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Carpet installation=whole house damage, Lowes says this is normal!

3.2
had my carpet installed by Lowes carpet installers. We were unable to be in the house during installation and was waiting in our garage for 6 hours in 96 degree heat. Once they left we noticed black smudges all over our walls, long black marks on all trim in every room,corners into several rooms were damaged, scrapes from them moving out furniture, furniture damage and chunks of wood out of our trim. The regional supervisor for the installation dept came to our home to inspect. Although he apologized, he assured me it was normal to have marks on trim and they should clean up, He said the black all over the walls was body oils and dirt from the installers body as they braced themselves during installation. He took pics of my son's furniture and was unable to scratch the paint off. he did say the chunks of t he wood trim were not normal. We discussed the corners being scratched in several archways from them moving furniture. A few days later he said they would offer us $100. I asked to speak to someone above him and she said the $100 was a generous offer. I was able to get some of the trim scuffs off with alot of elbow grease, magic eraser and ajax cleanser. The black oily smudges did not come off with mild detergent or magic eraser and those areas have been repainted. The trim needed wood filler and sanded and paint touch. The corners needed rebuilt with drywall repair, sanded and repainted. I am outraged that they would think that all of that was normal and it was in the contract I signed. I would agree that some smudges may happen but this was entirely disregard to someones home and that would be considered NORMAL.

as bad as you described the damage..how did you not notice it till after they left?????????????????

Lowe's doesn't have carpet installers so how can they have a regional supervisor for an installation department?

View more comments (1)
Review
Service
Lowes Carpet Installation
Pros
  • Contacts to schedule the install and the call the day off
  • Offered a small token for the inconvience
Cons
  • Husband vacummed what looked like butterscotch chips
  • And spoke spanish all day without giving me updates in english
  • Were late
Reason of review
Bad quality
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111