5288 Highway 557, Clover, SC 29710, USA
3.5
Ease of Use
Layout of Store
Poster decreased review rating.

We purchased 11 pieces of tile 0486890 at the store in Clover along with over $700.00 of other product. We loved the tile but knew it was not enough for our project so we asked if there was anymore somewhere else.

Our clerk said Hickory had 45 pieces and N. Tryon had 8 pieces. We got home and planned a trip to Hickory. I called to order and prepay and was told that I would be called back when they located it.

No call back so I called the next day and got another gentleman. He said the computer was showing 145 pieces and he would call me when he located it. He called back and said that he and 3 others could not locate it anywhere. I then called N.

Tryon and was told that even though it showed them having 8 pieces that he could not locate it anywhere. I had previously asked S. Tryon if the Hickory store had it could it be transferred to their store. It does not matter since Hickory did not have it but I was told it would cost me 89.00 for an in store transfer---WOW!!!I now have 11 pieces of tile with no recourse but to go on the hunt again.

I hate that I had to spend so much time for nothing. The inventory control at these stores is horrible. I feel mislead and no one offered a solution such as checking their warehouse or anything. We have spent a small fortune at Lowe's in the past and this is how we are treated.

Home Depot is the same distance from me as Lowe's if we are not appreciated as a customer.

Please try to find this tile for me as this is a very important project. Sincerely, Sylvia Adkins

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Pick Up Service.

Preferred solution: apology or the product I wanted and have had such a run around trying to locate..

Lowes Cons: Experience at clover, No customer service, Weak product knowledge.

• Tile Flooring

Comments

You can also return the 11 and choose another tile. Computer counts are hard to keep correct in big box stores.

There is breakage, theft, shortages in shipments and the fact that it can take a few days for a product to hit the shelf after it comes off the truck. It would be great if everyone had to work a week or 2 in retail to see what it's really like. Bet your attitude would be adjusted. Why the big shock at having to pay someone to pick up an item from another store?

It has to be pulled, packaged invoiced and put on a delivery truck to the other location. None of this happens without cost.

@Anonymous

You have no idea what we were told and how confusing this run around was. My husband was a manager and a supervisor in a multi million dollar retail industry for 37 years and successfully kept his profits up and inventory under control.

With computers inventory control should not be an issue.

If you have shortages in shipment it should not effect inventory if the receiver is entering proper numbers. Before you respond in this manner try walking in the consumers shoes for a while when they are spending their hard earned money that pays the salary of the employee.