Sunnyvale, California
Featured 100% full Resolved

Update by user Apr 30, 2015

It took several weeks, but lowes executive management worked out a compromise with me which was not perfect, but the best of a bad situation; the manufacturer of the water heater ( Whirlpool) was not interested in accommodating the customer at all, so Lowes stepped up to the plate and we had a deal.

Update by user Apr 08, 2015

After a long phone conversation with the executive offices, and a potential resolution of total replacement at no cost to me, I was contacted by the local Lowe's Sunnyvale Ca., store manager to tell me that the proposed solution by the executive office was NOT going to happen.I was very surprised to say the least.

The local manager called Whirlpool to see if they would extend the 6 yr hot water heater service contract to a 12 year; but they, of course, said no. So, I was told that the ONLY solution was a partial refund to compensate me for the error on Lowe's part. I would be STUCK with 100% of any cost after 6 years. Not what I wanted to hear, since my original request was to purchase two hot water heaters that have at least a 10 parts/labor support by the manufacture or with the additional purchase of extended warranty.

My decision was made for me by a no win option from Lowe's; take the money or nothing. So I took the money, and still now have a product that I do not want, and a personal liability for all expenses after the 6 yr of service.

Go Figure, IS THAT FAIR ?Only if I do not need service from year 6 and beyond.

Original review posted by user Apr 02, 2015

I was looking for replacement water heaters with a ten year service warranty from the original manufacture. After talking to a Lowes sale rep, I purchased two hot water heaters (6 yr coverage from Mfg) and the 5 year "extended warranty" from Lowes. Was I surprised to learn that the Lowes service coverage is ONLY for the 5 years ( after the first year from Mfg) for labor only; I was under the impression from the BIG letters on the front pages of the web site that it was a 5 year extension after the Mfg service was over ... or a total of 11 years. NOT TRUE according to customer service.

When I originally talked to a sale person I was told that the 5 year warranty was in addition to the Mfg warranty.

When calling customer service, and explaining the situation, their answer was to return the water heater for a refund. But the labor was at my expense.

This certainly is not very practical; after installation, the cost of return is out of line with the value involved. The customer service department is only lip service and is not really there to "assist" the customer .... they just take the complaint and "file" it under your phone number. AND worst, then they say " is there anything else I can do for you today?" THAT IS AN INSULT TO ONE'S INTELLIGENCE.

If corporate is reading this, maybe there will be a correction ..... stay posted.

Review about: Hot Water Heater.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Lowes Warranty
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Warranty issue / $500
Preferred solution I want now, as originally requested from Lowes salesman, two water heaters with ten year warranty(s)

Had an Experience with Lowes?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion