Lowes - Misleading Information For Warranty
Update added by user Apr 30, 2015
It took several weeks, but lowes executive management worked out a compromise with me which was not perfect, but the best of a bad situation; the manufacturer of the water heater ( Whirlpool) was not interested in accommodating the customer at all, so Lowes stepped up to the plate and we had a deal.
Update added by user Apr 08, 2015
After a long phone conversation with the executive offices, and a potential resolution of total replacement at no cost to me, I was contacted by the local Lowe's Sunnyvale Ca., store manager to tell me that the proposed solution by the executive office was NOT going to happen.I was very surprised to say the least.
The local manager called Whirlpool to see if they would extend the 6 yr hot water heater service contract to a 12 year; but they, of course, said no. So, I was told that the ONLY solution was a partial refund to compensate me for the error on Lowe's part. I would be STUCK with 100% of any cost after 6 years. Not what I wanted to hear, since my original request was to purchase two hot water heaters that have at least a 10 parts/labor support by the manufacture or with the additional purchase of extended warranty.
My decision was made for me by a no win option from Lowe's; take the money or nothing. So I took the money, and still now have a product that I do not want, and a personal liability for all expenses after the 6 yr of service.
Go Figure, IS THAT FAIR ?Only if I do not need service from year 6 and beyond.
Original review posted by user Apr 02, 2015
I was looking for replacement water heaters with a ten year service warranty from the original manufacture. After talking to a Lowes sale rep, I purchased two hot water heaters (6 yr coverage from Mfg) and the 5 year "extended warranty" from Lowes. Was I surprised to learn that the Lowes service coverage is ONLY for the 5 years ( after the first year from Mfg) for labor only; I was under the impression from the BIG letters on the front pages of the web site that it was a 5 year extension after the Mfg service was over ... or a total of 11 years. NOT TRUE according to customer service.
When I originally talked to a sale person I was told that the 5 year warranty was in addition to the Mfg warranty.
When calling customer service, and explaining the situation, their answer was to return the water heater for a refund. But the labor was at my expense.
This certainly is not very practical; after installation, the cost of return is out of line with the value involved. The customer service department is only lip service and is not really there to "assist" the customer .... they just take the complaint and "file" it under your phone number. AND worst, then they say " is there anything else I can do for you today?" THAT IS AN INSULT TO ONE'S INTELLIGENCE.
If corporate is reading this, maybe there will be a correction ..... stay posted.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Warranty issue
- Preferred solution:
- I want now, as originally requested from Lowes salesman, two water heaters with ten year warranty(s)
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Hot Water Heater
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We bought a FRIGIDAIRE freezer that was delivered July 19, 2011. Followed cooling instructions to prepare to freeze. Picked up a steer we had processed (600lbs) and put in freezer..."
- "Lowes has an amazingly sweet staff designed to grab your money quick but then try to get your merchandise delivered and don't complain about our terrible service. When..."
- "I Bought a new tool box for Aviation maintenance class and a new Bostich 6 gallon Air compressor After arriving at the shop and un-crating my new tool box it was..."
- "4500 curry ford rd Orlando fl This is the twistee treat located on Curry Ford Road in Orlando Florida.I noticed I was in the low class ghetto Hispanic section of..."
- "My husband and I purchased a $600.00 recliner about the last week of August 2016. First week of September the chair looked as if it was purchased 10 years prior...."
- "Bought a brand new generator tested it and the engine ran fine unfortunately I didn't think to check power output. When the latest storms hit my area I found the..."
- "Hi, I am hyundong kim I bought steak strips(kirkland) at Costco, Sunnyvlae. Because I wanted enjoy this on during traveling But since open the back, It already spoiled so I..."
- "I purchased two pair of New Balance M880SY4 and within 3 days the yellow tread was coming off of the orange backing as in the attached picture. I brought that..."
- "My car was parked on the side of the road, it was around 2:30 am on 9/11/2016 when my friend and I woke up to an interesting sound outside the..."