Resolved
4.1
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Update by user Jun 18, 2018

Lowes refunded our purchase price.

Original review posted by user May 15, 2018

I was misled by Lowes associates that I earned a rebate on Olympic Maximum solid Stain by purchasing one at full price and the second at 50% off. The hanging sign advertising 50% off of second one is what drew our attention in the first place.

We compared the sign with our purchase to make sure it was the correct item.

I questioned the check-out associate about a rebate receipt and was told to fill out the form online using my reciept . Even after checking with customer service I was not told my rebate had expired 2 days earlier.

I am very upset after spending $341 that I was misled, because the main factor in purchasing the Olympic Brand was the rebate.

From now on I will go across the street to their competition.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Rebate.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Lowes Cons: I was misled by associates.

Comments

#1481956

The worst part of this is that you bought that Olympic crap! That's what you should REALLY be pissed off at!

I'd be willing to bet the sign you looked at so closely had an expiration date on it.

@Anonymous

It did...May 5th. I purchased on May 5th.

#1482010
@Carol

Update: We returned to Lowes.After explaining what took place they refunded our purchase price. After reading so many reviews from disappointed users of Olympic brand products, I will purchase another brand.

@Carol