Seller: Lowes State: Mississippi Product: Lowes Gift Card Clear all filters (0 of 21 reviews match)
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Lowes in Ridgeland, Mississippi - 18 Months of *** with Lowe's

18 months of *** with Lowe's. In February of 2008 my water heater went out. I purchased a new water heater from Lowe's for $550.00. 9 1/2 months later it goes out. Lowe's says, "That's between you and Whirlpool!" There is another site just for this model of water heater http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/whirlpool_water_heaters.html. The thing is Lowe's and Whirlpool both acknowledge a problem with the heater but they continue to make and sell them. I had to pay $1000 to put another water heater in. The only thing Whirlpool does is sends you a repair part that is defective as well. April of 2009, my son goes in and talks to someone at Lowe's about donating some materials for his Boy Scout Eagle project. The guy says, I would be happy to donate whatever you need. After loading all of the materials a few weeks later, the guy says "your total is $300.00". Needless to say the next day I returned $230.00 worth of the stuff. August 5, 2009, my wife and I go and order new carpet for our entire house. We have what is considered the main area and a formal living room. We originally thought about using a different carpet for the living room, but changed our mind when we went in to order it. We were very specific with the salesperson that we were doing the entire house in this one carpet. On the day of install,2 weeks later, they find out there is not enough carpet. The salesperson did not add the 2 areas together. So, we are told we have to pay and have more carpet ordered. We call on Tuesday the 25th, they say the carpet should be in by Friday. On Friday we call at 6:00pm and are told the carpet is scheduled for delivery on Sept.2. The manager we finally got to talk to says he asked someone the day before and was told that it had already been installed. Then the installer calls to schedule an appt. We are like "is it in?" Then the manager calls back and says something about how he was going to offer me a $100 gift card. Now, 27 days after the initial order, I am finally getting the rest of my carpet in. This sucks!!!! I have been put on hold for anything else we are trying to do for rennovations for 2 weeks and all they can say is that it was an honest mistake and offer me a $100 gift card.

Sounds like the sales person made an honest mistake and the manager gave you a very generous offer. What did you want them to do, give you the carpet for free?

Your purchase would have been the same amount if the sales person hadn't made the mistake. Yes, there were some inconveniences for you, but everyone makes mistakes. How would you like it if you were ridiculed and unforgiven for every mistake you make at your place of employment. Consumers have this expectation that all retail establishments owe them because they are doing them a favor for purchasing from them.

You have every right to be frustrated, but seriously, give them a break.

I know this post is extremely old, but these words had to be said.

I WORK AT THE LOWE'S IN XENIA OH. WE HAVE THE PARTS TO FIX THE PROBLEM FOR FREE...YOU JUST NEED MODLE # AND SERIAL # SUPPLIES ARE LIMITED SO AS LONG AS YOUR PATIENT, WE WILL DO WHAT WE CAN.. BUT I DO THINK WHIRPOOL SHOULD PULL THEM AND MAKE THEM RIGHT, BUT THATS UP TO WHIRPOOL ..

the water heater policy is set up by whirlpool. if they replace it for free, lowes eats it unless the consumer gets an RA number.

mine went out, called lowes, they explained it, i called whirlpool, got an RA number and returned it no questions asked.

they even gave me a reduced charge for having it installed. things happen!

So pay more and buy from a flooring outlet. You get what you pay for pal'.

Buy from a plumber and you'll see a totally different offering.

Twice the price on a label unknown. Same problems but no recourse.

View more comments (3)
Review
Product
Lowes Gift Card

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111