State: Missouri Product: Lowes Customer Care Clear all filters (8 of 471 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Lowes in Republic North, Missouri - Very Helpful

5.0
We were trying to find a refrigerator at your Republic store in Missouri, when one of your employees named Lonnie came to our aid and told us how we could get the color that we wanted on line, and how to get it. He was very helpful and very courteous. He gave us a home town store feeling that you don't get very often these days. Just wanted you guys to know how thoughtful and pleasant he was. Thank you so much. Richard Arnold starbirth@netzero.com
Good customer service
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes in Maplewood, Missouri - Cant return any item to any store even though the receipt states you can

2.7

Update by user Jul 29, 2018

Offered a nice in store credit to use as I wish for my time (90 minutes), and driving to return item at a different store.

Update by user Jul 29, 2018

Update, 4 hours after the attempted return: Just received a call from the head store manager at Lowes where I was told there is no way they can do the return. The first thing he says is "I understand you were in the store earlier trying to make a return and it did not go as expected, please if you would explain to me in your own words what happened".

OK, not that's what I expect to hear...concern, admission that there was a problem and willingness to rectify it. After the explanation he states "you are correct and it was our problem and we made it yours" exactly what a customer wants to hear in a situation like this. He also mentioned that there are two other big box hardware stores within a 1/2 mile of his location...recognizing and respecting that consumers have choices and he wants my business (or someone else will get it). He then makes what I would term a more than fair offer for a in store credit that I can stop by and get from him personally next week.

That's the way its supposed to work. Folks if you know you are right and have legal and moral ground to pursuit it, do so in a non emotional but yet very persistent way and you will often be rewarded.

Original review posted by user Jul 29, 2018

Purchased a $250. Troy built string trimmer at a Lowes store I was close to. Went home and read customer reviews. Discovered that not only was that model discontinued, it had horrible reviews. The following day I went to the Lowes that was much closer to my home. They told me that they could not return the trimmer even though the box had never been opened because "it was not in inventory list" and the only thing I could do was to return it to the other Lowes store. To which I replied, my receipt is a contract, and the back of it states I can return to ANY Lowes store nation wide. Then ask for store manager, Tom, who frankly was not all that sympathetic. Folks, if you have a receipt with term and conditions and it states you can return an item to ANY store then you should be able to or its consumer fraud. After standing there for 30 minutes wile they tried to "add it to their store inventory list" but it would not let them according to their claims, I called Lowes Corporate customer service who basically told me the same thing but in a nicer way. I offered to return it to the other store, but they would need to pay me since they were hiring me to be a courier service. Basically, time is money and they broke their contract with the customer. No luck. Couple of observations: If a store make an agreement by contract (and prints it on the receipt) that you can return any (non special order) item to any store in the country within the number of days one is allowed (in this case less than 24 hours) then you'd better honor that, otherwise its fraud. Its not the customers problem to deal with the stores IT and inventory issues that they are unable to add it to their inventory Give the store manager some ability to make a decision or at least amends in cases like this. They could have accepted the refund and shipped it to the other store...but that would have involved them doing paperwork! They could have given me a $20 gift certificate, but all I received the its the only way attitude from those at the store. Bottom line: as a consumer know your rights. The terms of the sale are printed on your receipt. They are legally obligated to honor them. Ended up driving across town to return item at original store...but what it would have been 100's of miles away? When I returned to the other store, their customer service/returns told me that the first store should have been able to override this issue and take the return. Told the corporate office people to call me so we can discuss, I feel there is some entitlement to having blown 90 minutes of time and driving 15 miles out of my way to make a return. Lesson: Be the squeaky wheel when you are in the right, and hopefully it will pay off.
Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • Selection
Cons
  • Lack of training employees
  • Manager response
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Saint Peters, Missouri - Poor Service

We purchased a Samsung front-load washer, model number WF42H5200HAF with the extended warranty From St. Charles Lowes 2900 West Clay St., Saint Charles, MO 63301, Store# 1057 2 years ago. I called Lowes because They contracted with Mid America Service for warranty service. I scheduled the appointment on Saturday and they sent me an email confirmation on Tuesday to confirm my appointment. I sent a email back the same day and time I received the email with a confirmation of the date and time window of 8am-5pm CST. I called Lowes appliances back and spoke with Steve in appliances and he told me that my extended service warranty was not with Lowes but a third party company that handles that issue and Lowes doesn't handle that issue. So I explained to Steve I purchased the warranty from Lowes and the company represents Lowes. Steve put me on hold after I explain to him my issue and I was 5 minutes away and If need be I will come up to the store. Steve put me on hold so I went to Lowes while he still had me on hold. The whole time I spoke with the Appliance Manager Diane, I was still on hold with Steve for 36 minutes. I did not get my appointment because they had the wrong phone number that Lowes gave them and Lowes has the right phone number in there system. I had to reschedule my appointment two days out and I never received an apology from Steve from being on hold. I would not recommend this location to anyone.

You should have called the 800 number for the warranty. If you're covered they'll set up a time for a repairman to come out.

Lowes does not handle repairs. All the store can do after 2 years is tell you the same thing. After 2 years, you wouldn't even be able to find the receipt (receipts are kept for 6 months).

It has been two years. Call the warranty number.

“Learn about contract law.” What an ignorant statement.

The individual stores don’t administer the warranty service, they just sell the plans. The only information the store has is your purchase information. If you had an issue with the service call you placed, why didn’t you just call the service hotline that you originally called to put in for the repair?

@Anonymous

Sorry to bust your bubble but Lowes. call tjem because the are a representative of Lowes

@Anonymous

Your answer makes absolutely no sense. Re-read the post and answer the question.

“The individual stores don’t administer the warranty service, they just sell the plans.

The only information the store has is your purchase information. If you had an issue with the service call you placed, why didn’t you just call the service hotline that you originally called to put in for the repair?“

@Anonymous

Learn about contract law.

Your complaint should be with the warranty company not Lowe’s.

@Anon

About the warranty sure. But not that awful customer service.

@Get educated

I read your review... You didn’t receive “awful customer service”, you were looking for it.

I guarantee Steve new you were in the store talking to his manager as soon as you walked in.

Any normal person would of hung up the phone as soon as they were in the store. There is no educating the ignorant.

@Anon

Learn about 3rd party contracts & companies that enter into agreements of the contracts then comment.

@Anon

The warranty company is a representative of Lowes, when Lowes entered a contract with the warranty company. Read your company 3rd party representation information.

View more comments (10)
Loss

Lowes in Springfield, Missouri - Totally ignored in the aisles

2.4
I have experienced Lowes' customer non-service for 15 years or more. Started with being completely ignored by every employee who passed me, so 86 Lumber got my order for materials to build a storage shed in my back yard. Since then, virtually every time I go into a Lowes store, the employees have many things to do - but none of them have anything to do with making sure my needs are being met. Today was the same, and was my last trip to a Lowes store. Home Depot employees are actually helpful and actually interested in making your shopping trip a good experience. Maybe Lowes should try that approach sometime. They also don't provide a way to communicate to their customer service people thru their website.....at least no way that I could find. Could it be that they prefer not to hear our thoughts & opinions?

Steve B sorry buddy but Lowe’s doesn’t come here to comment. Anyone commenting is a consumer like yourself.

To accuse them of working for Lowe’s because they have told you it’s self service only goes to show your problems. They are right, it hasn’t been full service for a long time. It’s all self service. The reason is customers don’t want help, that is until they want help.

It’s a catch 22. They have to balance their labor hours daily vs how much they bring in. If you need help or have a question I have found that going to the help desk is the fastest way because they will page an employee to the area you need them.

Good for you that you no longer go to a self service store. I’m sure you’re much happier at your new store.

@Durpa

Sorry I have an opinion different than yours. You don't tolerate that very well, obviously.

What part of "self service home improvement warehouse store" do you not understand? 86 lumber is a "full service" business, that's why you get "full service" from them.

@Anonymous

So you must be one of the non- service people running around Lowe's in a vest, huh? Hit a nerve, did I?

You should ask a member of Lowes management. I'd bet they'll tell you it's VERY important that their people deliver great service.

If not, there really isn't any point to the surveys they always want you to take. Now, what part of that do you not understand?

Do you complain about the lack of service at Target? Doubt it, there isn't any.

Same concept, they put it on the shelf, you pick it out and take it to the register and buy it. Sure, Lowes has a few departments that require the assistance of a salesperson...shop for what you need and then ask someone to write it up for you.

@Anonymous

Try Home Depot sometime. Know what you'll get?

Customer service. There goes your theory, I guess.

@Steve B

No better service at Home Depot than Lowes unless you shop on a weekend morning. Seem to be the only time they have enough staff that they will offer assistance.

You are shopping in a big box, self service store. If you need help, ask for it.

@Anonymous

So then, they ask you to take the surveys (including questions about customer service) for no good reason? That's a bit callous of them, don't you think?

@Steve B

Having worked for one of the other big box stores I can tell you they all claim to offer great service in their advertising but that's about as far as it goes. They all compete on price.

There are a few ways to get your price lower. Beat up on the vendors to lower price and they have done that well, lower quality, and they are doing that and the big one is keeping payroll costs down. They schedule fewer people than they have in the past, their pay is less that what a full service store would pay and the accept rapid turnover as part of keeping pay low. It's hard to train people when the person training the new employee also has to help customers , keep the floor stocked and clean at the same time.

It's hard to do all these things at once and what happens is that customer service suffers. Your choice is to shop a full service store or accept the fact that you will have to look for and ask for help in a big box store.

Why do you keep going there ? : don't you even know what you're looking for ? : the aisles are clearly marked ...

@Upton

C'mon....grow up. I had technical questions about an offering of theirs, but no one wanted to hear it. And I'm happy to say I DON'T shop there any more.

View more comments (11)
Review
#1207502 Review #1207502 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Kansas City, Missouri - Employees are Idiots

When into Lowes in Kansas City Missouri the one North of the River by the airport. We went outside in the garden area to check out because the lines inside were so long. It would have been a good idea because there were two people out there doing NOTHING. Went to check out and my mother of whom I can't figure out why she asks the checker questions because they never know anything. Asked them about some grass seed because she was wanting grass seed but we could only find seed for tall grass. Anyway, the checkers instead of answering the question started asking her questions about how often she mowes the grass and if she knows she supposed to water the grass. Anyhow, just wanted to know if they had the grass seed for grass and not the tall fescue. In the meantime, other people came out to check out and they let a ton of people cut in front of her in line and they tied her up for about 20 minutes asking dumb questions to a person who has done yard work for over 40 years who just wanted one question answered. So much for the quick check out. My mother seems to think to get tied up for 20 minutes and not getting anywhere she handled it well. Well, you may be able to do that to an old lady but I'm pissed. I will never shop at LOWES EVER AGAIN. I will stay with Ace hardware where people actually provide customer service and knows things. Instead of the teenagers who don't even own a house.

who was the one started it all with a question ???

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Customer service was a joke

Lowes in Rolla, Missouri - Poor customer service

4.2
I had a complaint as to why I could not get the item I wanted at my store (in Rolla MO) without special ordering it at a cost of $280. But the store 65 miles away (Jefferson City MO) has it on the shelf at $115. Now My store tried everything they knew to get it but it was not an option. So, I called the Lowes main customer service line to ask Why I was not able to get the item at my store at the same cost, without driving the 120 mile round trip. she told me that someone would be contacting me in 24 hours to either help me or to answer my concerns. That happened on Sunday and now it is Thursday and still no answer. it’s funny how the cooperate office expects the local stores to take care of the customer, but in the back ground they are driving off the customer when they cannot even make a simple phone call back to a customer to answer a question. I cannot wait for Menards to come into Rolla MO which is happening in FALL OF 2017.

how is menards coming fall/2017 when they havent even broke ground on westside MP yet

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Cooperate customer service no call back to address my issue
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Sunrise Beach, Missouri - Terrible service

1.6
I purchased a toilet from them. It already needs a part to make it stop running. I ordered and paid for it three weeks ago. We checked on it at least 6 times. They just kept saying it wasn't in yet. On Friday, my husband asked to speak to a manager. There was no manager on duty at 4:00 p.m. On Friday! Yesterday they said they forgot to order it. I contacted corporate twice. They refuse to respond. Every time I go in there I have a very difficult time getting anyone to help me. Last time it was in the carpet department. I own my own home and five rental units. I will not purchase anything else from Lowe's. I will tell everyone I know about my experience and I hope other people stop shopping at Lowe's too.
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Service

A LIAR NAMED KEVIN AT LOWES IN KANSAS CITY

1.2
AT LOWES IN KANSAS CITY, MO. ON BOARDWALK. KEVIN IN INSTALL SALES IS A LIAR. BEWARE CONSUMER & DO NOT GIVE THEM MONEY UP FRONT FOR A PROJECT, WHICH IS WHAT THEY REQUIRE. I AM NOW STUCK WITH A TERRIBLE SITUATION. BROOK THE MANAGER IS TAKING HIS SIDE, WHEN HE WAS NOT THERE TO HEAR THE CONVERSATION BETWEEN KEVIN AND I. I WAS GIVEN AN INCORRECT COLOR THAT KEVIN PHONED ME ABOUT AFTER I SIGNED THE CONTRACT, OF WHICH HE WOULD NOT BE USING. HE SAID THERE HAVE BEEN PROBLEMS WITH IT, SO I AGREED VERBALLY TO CHANGE IT. IT HOWEVER WAS INSTALLED ANYWAY & NOW LOWES WILL NOT WORK WITH ME, AS IT WAS NOT IN THE CONTRACT & KEVIN IS NOT COMING FORTH WITH THE TRUTH!!

Sounds like you learned a valuable lesson. Unless you have it in writing you don't have a leg to stand on. Anytime you are ordering a product or having work done get the details on a written sales contract.

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Lack of communication
  • Kevin in sales install
  • Store knowingly sticking us with a defecive product
Tags
  • Bad Communiation

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111