21555 Perry Ave, Big Rapids, MI 49307, USA
2.5
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

NEVER EVER PURCHASE A DOOR TO BE INSTALLED BY LOWES! We ordered and PAID IN FULL (Big rapids, MI store) for a door to be installed MONTHS ago.

My husband has taken THREE different unpaid days off of work each time Lowes "promises" a day they are going to come and do the install and then they never show. When I purchased the doors I made it clear I had company coming (they arrive in a day and a half, this Wed!) and was assured that the door would easily be installed by then...plenty of time. The door actually arrived in the Big Rapids store over a MONTH ago and there it sits today, uninstalled. Last week, for the millionth time(we are at the point of begging now), we were told someone would call us from the Lowes installation department.

NO CALL AGAIN. So today I called and asked for the manager of the store. And get this....he doesn't speak to customers. Great manager you have there in Big Rapids Michigan!

At least the manager of the door department was professional enough to take the call. And get this!!!!! NO they cannot tell us when the door will be installed. NO it will not be installed as they had assured us months ago.

And now...get this...they want to send a new service installer, and CANNOT tells us when he would arrive, "sometime in the FUTURE" and here's the kicker, the door we already ordered, the one that is sitting at Lowes may not be acceptable to this new installer. We have called numerous times,we have driven into the store numerous times(35 minutes), we have begged over and over and over and here we are still WAITING. So today nobody from Lowes can even give us a date ANYTIME in the future when the door which was paid for MONTHS ago will be installed. I wish I would have kept right on driving to Menards and had them install the door.

Now I have NO DOOR and they cannot even give me an idea of when it will be installed. So I won't have my new door, which I PAID FOR MONTHS AGO, but to all of you out there....Don't bother with Lowes. Those big signs that say they install.

WELL THEY DON'T. Don't waste your time or your money.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Door Installation.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

TroubledGiantClam852

Call lowe's corporate office complaint department call 1-800-445-6937 If you don’t get results there call violated Call or fill out form below link submitted to the Attorney General's office (see below for link for MI) (New Complaints May Be Filed On-Line) https://secure.ag.state.mi.us/complaints/consumer File a written complaint with the Michigan Department of Licensing & Regulatory Affairs, Bureau of professional Licensing (for complaints against licensed contractors only). Complaint filing instructions and complaint form are available online.

If the contractor is not licensed and is required to be, contact the Bureau of Professional Licensing or your local authorities, because failure to obtain a license may constitute a violation of criminal law. If the contractor you hired is not required to be licensed, file a written complaint with Attorney General's Consumer Protection Division, and/or the Better Business Bureau.

Consumers may contact the Attorney General's Consumer Protection Division at: Consumer Protection Division P.O. Box 30213 Lansing, MI 48909 517-373-1140 Fax: 517-241-3771 Toll free: 877-765-8388 Online complaint form

The threat of driving to Menards and having them install the door is meaningless as Menards does not install anything. The problem with having a store like Lowes install a product for you is that they do not employ installers.

The subcontract with others to install the products they sell. They are obviously having a hard time finding someone to install your door.

You are always better off contacting a contractor on your own and making arrangements with them to do work on your home. That way you know exactly who will be working on your home and who to contact if you are having problems.