Kalispell, Montana
2.2

I started shopping at Lowes in late 2014 and received the 10% discount for Veterans. Since the beginning of the new year 2015 I have been denied, and have therefore done my shopping at H.D.

I was told I needed a new I.D. card (mine expired in 1965). After contacting the VA I was informed I was not eligible for a new card because I don't qualify for health care. Although I told them I don't want or need their health care, that I just want the card for the Lowes requirement,I was still denied. I served active duty from 1959 to 1962 in the Navy Seabees and in the reserves until 1965.

What I really don't understand is the corporate wisdom? of not offering a 10% discount to the forgotten veterans of my era, when you must realize we can walk across the road to H.D. and get 10% off on at least some items.

I hope this helps all of us. Bob H.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

• Select Enforcement

Comments

you two below are horibble people. this veteran and every veteran no matter how long they served deserve it if its offered.

most military discounts are for active duty and reserves anyways so yes he deserves that 10%. and 411 almost all places i know of also offer a 10% to first responders

Anybody that is a Vet has already done their time on active duty and shouldn't receive special treatment. The active duty military should have the discount.

That being said, Vets aren't putting lives on the line any longer, if they deserve a discount, then law officers, fire fighters, EMTs, etc.

should get a discount too. After all they put their lives on the line every time they go to work.

Seoul, Seoul, Republic Of Korea #940425

The same thing happened to me at Lowe's in Cranberry Township, PA. I, too, was denied by the VA for healthcare so I couldn't get the ID card. Lowe's doesn't have the big picture.