Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3.0
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

My first and last purchase ever at Lowe’s. Honestly go to Home Depot and save yourself the hassle! I made a big purchase of 4 appliances 3 months ago ($3,000 approx). Ever since, I’ve contacted Lowe’s 8 different times about different mistakes that they’ve made to my initial order. Worst of all? I haven’t even received the full order yet! I was supposed to receive the full order yesterday and I even got emails and automated calls confirming the deliveries. I received everything but the range. I contacted Lowe’s to see what happened and they told me that I was out of stock and that’s why it wasn’t delivered! I was never notified about this and was expecting to receive it all yesterday.

They just placed a new order and offer me a 10% discount on the full price without realizing that I had used a coupon during my initial purchase. So even with the 10% discount that they offer for their mistake, I would have ended up paying $51 more than the initial price. I contact them for the 8th time now, explained the situation and they said that the item was already below cost and they couldn’t honor or price match my initial price. They adviced me to go in person to the store which is a 45 minute drive and ask them (without guarantee) if they could honor the price because at the call center they couldn’t help me as the price they were offering me was already below cost. ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?

So you’re telling me that you can’t honor the initial price that I paid for the range that I was expecting to receive yesterday but didn’t because another mistake of yours and now you expect me to pay more for it because you couldn’t do your numbers in the first place! Ridiculous!!

So after 3 hours on the phone, 2 reps and one manager, any of them helpful at all but rather reading the script from the same booklet “ ma’am I understand and apologize for the mistake but there is nothing that we can do”; they decidir to resolve the whole mess up by giving me a $25 gift card. ARE YOU SERIOUS AGAIN?!???? I am more than offended.

On top of that, the guys that delivered the 3 appliances yesterday didn’t know how to install dishwashers or microwaves, so they told me to contact Lowe’s (again!!!!) and ask for someone else to install all appliances.

There are many more details that I’m skipping to avoid writing a very long review, but believe me when I say to you... they try to offer good service and copy Home Depots policies but ultimately they don’t follow through or delivered what they promise. And, they don’t come close at all to HOME DEPOTs satisfaction guarantee.

Save yourself the hassle, because apparently as a Lowe’s customer, you’re only worth $25!!!

NEVER AGAIN!

And by the way, I am NOT affiliated in any way to Home Depot but I’ve purchased there before and have never had to face this nonsense.

A very disgusted, frustrated, offended and angry EX-customer!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

Home Depot, and the appliance deliverer/installer(Temco) they use in California are just as bad or worse. I am in the middle of a NIGHTMARE experience where the Temco installers did not tighten the water supply line to our new dishwasher and our kitchen flooded.

Two weeks later still trying to resolve with Home Depot. I may write my own review of Home Depot /Temco when all is done.

"Going to HD" threat is not useful. They are both big box retailers and are equally as bad.

please explain why you went to lowes when you plugged Home Depot twice

@Anonymous

I received a "Welcome to the Neighborhood" coupon from Lowes offering 10% off one purchase. I decided to choose them instead of any other appliances stores because the price with this coupon was considerably lower at Lowes.

Plus, since I had never purchased from them, I was willing to try them out. Bad decision, lesson learned.

@Anonymous