3.0
Layout of Store

This company is a joke, and if you don't ask the right questions you will get screwed. I ordered a custom island for my kitchen, I was told that because of the size of the island it would be delivered in 3 pieces that I would have to screw together.

I was also told that the drawers and cupboard doors would be installed already but the panel for the back of the island I would have to install along with the front kicker panel. It seemed easy enough and I have a good drill so figured no problem. When I finally received the island (almost 2 months later than I was told I would) I was now rushed to get it together because I had contractors scheduled to install stone on the island and my counters, not to mention my husband is military so by the time it finally arrived he was out of town on a course, so I'm left by myself to get this all ready for the stone. As I'm opening boxes and getting the placement right in my kitchen I notice that the back panel and kicker panel are about a foot longer than the island.

I called kitchen kraft (the company that Lowe's uses) and was informed that I needed to have a table saw to cut the panels, they purposely supply them longer for spacing reasons? apparently they typically only do custom orders for contractors therefore it's never an issue. Well I'm not a contractor, I'm not a carpenter, and I do not own a table saw. Then I notice that the lining in the drawers are all bubbled, so I call lowes....

a month later they send some reps from kitchen kraft to take a look, they seem soooo shocked and have never seen this happen before, go figure. So now they are looking into ordering replacement drawers but will let me know if they are allowed or not. A week later and I still haven't heard anything back. So now I basically have to hire a carpenter to fix the island and cut it and put it together, which is nearly impossible because contractors typically wont take on such small jobs.

At the same time that I ordered the island Lowes also ordered me a bunch of stain so that I can stain my kitchen cupboards to match the island, 4 months later I get a call from a warehouse telling me that my stain has arrived and they want to deliver this to my house, which is great except I have a job and my hours are almost the same as this warehouse that has my stain. I asked if they are able to deliver the stain to the store location and I can pick it up there instead, apparently they can't do that. I ask if they can deliver the stain to my office? No to that one also.

They are only allowed to deliver to my house and I have to be home during their 4 hour delivery window. So now I need to take a day off of work to receive $60 worth of stain that I ordered 4 months ago.... right on. Then I realize that this is going to be the same situation for my replacement drawers that I may or may not get approval for along with the edging tape that I also had to order because when I do get the panels cut that are too long there will be a rough unstained edge left.

So now I'm looking at 3 to 4 days off to receive these items, and will likely have to wait a few more months for the rest of the items ordered.

After spending over $5000 on an island that is incomplete and looks like I purchased used off of kijiji, and now add a few days off work to deal with Lowe's delivery schedules I'm completely fed up. I want my money back, I want that *** island out of my house and I never want to step foot into another lowes again in my life.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: I liked them at the purchase.

I didn't like: I was told one thing and got a total other.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jun 08, 2017.

Comments

Seattle, Washington, United States #1338155

to bad all the locally owned cabinet shops that would have given you good service have been driven out of business by people just like you that only care about saving money by shopping at the "discount home improvement warehouses." That would be your first clue to what the issue actually is.