State: New Hampshire City: Salem Product: Lowes Fence Installation Clear all filters (1 of 70 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Never get any fences installed from Lowes

1.3
My pain started with Lowes last year in May. As usual the sales person was ready to get me signed of on the fence project as soon as possible which I signed in early May. They started billing me from May for the whole project (parts and installation) as they convinced me to buy the Lowed Credit card which offered financing. The parts was delivered in about 3-4 weeks and then I had to wait another couple of weeks like mid July to start the install. The contractors who Lowes hired were so unprofessional and unexperienced to get this job done right the first time and they did not put the fence on the right property line and had to restart again. Now the panels were not poured enough concrete (see pics). Even after showing them the location of the underground sprinklers, they punctured the pipes and now they were focusing on fixing the pipes. Finally, they managed complete the install (which looks wobbly and unstable now instead of a straight line) by September and during all this time I had fence parts, screws, nails on my driveway. Not to mentioned they mixed concrete on my freshly seal coated driveway which now has concrete on it (see pics). Now for the best part, the sales guy told me the fence is supposed to be warranted for lifetime and can withstand Hurricane Katrina winds. Fortunately (unfortunately for Lowes) for me we had a winter with heavy winds (and these are not Hurricane force winds) and 2 of the panels broke and needs replacement and there are gaps between the panels which defeats the purpose of an opaque fence. Fortunately for me I was under the one year of Labor warranty so I was eligible to get this replaced at no cost. I called them in March to get this done and its now June and nothing has been done so far inspite of calling every other week with an assurance someone will get back and till now no ETA for getting it fixed. And now I am told those fences are out of production and will need to wait more to see what they can do. Why would you put fences that would go out of production in less than a years time? I have paid close to 7K thinking that Lowes is a bigger company and will stand behind their work and product instead of getting this done by a local contractor whose estimate was close. Will be taking this matter to social media, BBB and local AG Office for the way I have been taken for granted as its been very frustrating. I am sorry if this post is too long but wanted to save people their hard-earned money than going to these unprofessional to get any of home projects done by Lowes. So the lesson learnt it DONT EVER TRUST LOWES WITH YOUR HOME PROJECTS AS THEY DONT STAND BEHIND THEIR WORK !!!!

inspite -- despite

"to get me signed of" -- get me to sign off

Review