State: New Hampshire City: Seabrook Product: Lowes Fence Installation Clear all filters (1 of 69 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Don't trust lowes to do a fence install right, that was my mistake!!!

I was getting quotes for a fence, Lowes was not the best priced, but they would pull the permit which I did not have time to do. When we signed the agreement I asked how close to the road the fence could go? I was told they would get all that information and pull the permit. I asked if they guaranteed it would be put in the right spot as we live on a state road. They assured me that it would. Installation day arrives and I ask where does the fence have to go? He says he was told to put it right up against the telephone poles!!! I know that can't be right so I call Lowes. They said the electric company never called them back so it is ok. Well my husband works for a communication company and knows that you are not allowed to put anything up against the pole. So I said pull back 3 ft and get that ok'd with the woman in the installation dept at Lowes and away they go installing. they finished in 1 day ( 21 panels ) was told it would take more than 1 day. but what ever. The very next day the woman in the installation dept calls and says that the electric company just called and said that it is a state road and you have to be 10 feet off the road with your fence. Well then I say you better come out and move it. in the contract it says they are responsible for all ordinance's and regulations, rules etc.. (Again why I went with them in the first place). She says oh no that is your problem. We can send someone out to move it for another $2800.00 I fought all the way to district manager Paul who was the rudest SOB !! basically dared me to take him to court and snickered. I hired an independent contractor to move the fence. When he dug it up the Lowes contractor had cut off the post and only buried less than 2 ft down. ( not Code) Dont' trust Lowes to do their job, and don't trust the their contractors to do the install correct. ***
Review
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111