State: New Jersey Clear all filters (152 of 4790 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

Drug in lowes store #469

i was in the Lowe store #469 last week shopping with my family when i seen an employee handing drug to another employee. now i know it was drug because i seen a baggie of a white substance. i quickly gathered my family up and walked out the front door. i will never shop at a place like this again. i hope you take a look at these and realize what you need to do. doesn't Lowe's have a drug policy and why isn't it enforced. i did notice this store was going through a remodeling and was wondering if they test the remerch crew as well.

Only a Lowe's employee would use the term "remerch"

Drug use in lowes store

i have been working for a remerch company (mallard group) for around 7 years. now and recently found out that they will be doing a criminal back ground check and there remerch employees. i feel this is a great thing to do. my company has been sending bad people to are crews lately. peolpe that have been in prison, people who do drug, and just your everyday trouble maker. my crew lead has had to fire plently of people of this crew for those reasons. i am very surprized that lowes corp lets these remerch company just hire anyone in to these stores. i would hope lowes corp will take care of these problem so my family and i could shop in these stores.

trust me...I have worked at a Lowes and I have witnessed countless employees under the influence. One of them is good friends with the store manager.

I am so glad I don't work there anymore. That place was filled with inbred rednecks and losers.

Go back to Mexico until you can clearly spell and communicate in ENGLISH. All the Remerch crews that I have seen are supposed to have been background checked and drug tested long before they go into the stores. Unfortunately that doesn't always happen fast enough and that's why a manager has to stay overnight with them to make sure they don't rob us blind.

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Barnegat Township, New Jersey - Dishwasher delivered broken

The first time I used the dishwasher it would not run through an entire cycle. Called Lowes. They sent a repair man out two weeks after the call. The repair man said it was error 13. Needed a bigger valve not enough water pressure.Got the valve in two days. Repair man was a "no show", for the second appt. I called back Lowes they got them to come back 4 days later to install. Still doesn't work.Lowes made three other repair calls "all no shows". I missed 4 days of work.Lowes will not call me back.I've had a broken dishwasher since October 7th.They say they will call me back and don't. Don't go to lowes and don't buy Whirlpool. I am out 400.00 and 4 days worth of pay.Worst two companies ever!!

Another Broken Whirlpool Dishwasher from Lowes...

I had a similar experience. Bought new Whirlpool dishwasher from Lowes and within a few days, it started turning itself off mid-cycle.

We had better luck with repair people (A&E) coming on the appointed day, though they were 1.5 hours late two out of three times.

I wrote a review about the specific product on the Lowes site and even though it met their policies, they emailed me that my review was rejected. That tells me that reviews on their site can't be trusted any more than the products they sell.

Loss

Lowes sold me a fridge and a icemaker kit ice maker kit took over a month and lots of phone calls

I finaly got a manager that sent it out to me after they told me they would send it out four other times no comp no sorry and I had to pay the plumer to come back and hook it up and they would not deliver it next daay or for even two weeks if they brought it to my house and I am a jimmy johnson fan so I don't buy at home depo or any where else I may to re think that so for all you out there make note that lowes does not all ways do what they say they are going to do

Does your keyboard have a period key? Also I suggest spellcheck.

Review
We found a maytag washer we liked at Lowe's. When we researched the consumer reviews, we found Home Depot had a lower price by nearly $50. When we took our home depot price printed from their website, Lowes would not honor their guarantee to match the price and...

Had the same experience with a ladder at Lowe's. Found the exact same item at Home Depot for $39 cheaper.

At first they refused to price match at all. But, when I complained they gave in and then refused to give me the 10%.

View more comments
Review
#202373 Review #202373 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Livingston, New Jersey - Customer discounts

I work for Lowe's Home Improvement Stores. I don't like customers that come to my store and ask for extra discounts just because they don't want to pay the price. We only match the same product ( brand ). The famous words is I'll just go to Home Depot. or Walmart if it was the same way didn't you buy it from them. Seems that Lowe's product is better quality. If customer don't like what they hear they call home office and lie about what happened causing problems for the employee. Customer needs to learn that Lowe's isn't flea market.

lowe's blow's every body knows

Lowe's and Home Depot will not, I repeat, WILL NOT carry the same model numbers for that very reason! Especially with appliances!

You customers who think you have done your "research" are ignorant. Lowe's is a company to make money! They price match on things with a 45% margin. They can afford to knock 15% off for a price match.

Go ahead and go to Home Depot and when they "screw" you, come on back. Musical stores!

#206074

The item may have been a maytag product but if the model number is not the same then the item is different in some way. Hence the price change.

Whaaaaaaa mean ol lowes wouldnt give me the a cheaper price for their better maytag model. Grow up and actually understand the policies.

If I want a car that has air and a super charger and take a price for a basic model and try to get you to match the price and beat it...would you. I dont think so.

#199839

I just left Lowe's tonight with the same exact item, a Maytag range. I took with me the Home Depot lower price ad. Lowe's wouldn't honor their low price guarantee.

You are right. Consumers do their homework and try to get their best price. Unfortunately when companies such as Lowe's Home Improvement Stores do not honor the guarantees, I will go to the other companies.

Yes, I have filed a complaint with corporate.

View more comments (3)
Review
#201610 Review #201610 is a subjective opinion of poster.
I had worked for Lowe's for seven years started: 2 months as CSA (03) 1 1/2 yrs as team lead (04) 3 yrs as dept. mgr. (04-07) 2 1/2 yrs as zone mgr. (07-10) As a zone manager (senior management) you are incharge of handling anywhere from 15-50 employees daily and...

this is so true, it is currently happening now . don't question any store manager or above or you will be retaliated on.

I have called regional HR and he just takes up for the store manager. I am keeping a journal of each day that I work and what happens because I have a feeling I am being pushed out.

View more comments
Review
#200806 Review #200806 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Newark, New Jersey - Lowe's delivery no show

I ordered a whirlpool washer 3 weeks ago and they still haven't delivered it yet. I contacted the North Bergen Lowe's and the delivery dept doesnt even pick up the phone. So I spoke with the operator who told me it wasn't in stock yet and they were waiting for the washer. I called back again and another worker told me it was scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Who are they kidding? They are liars and do not have any respect for their customers. I am very disappointed at Lowe's. I cancelled my order and if they don't credit the full amount I'm getting a lawyer. They just lost another customer.

If you got your money back you cannot sue them. Why are people so "sue happy" Hopefully the lawyer takes your money before telling you you dont' have a case.

Why would the delivery dept pick up the phone if they are on the road DELIVERING!!

View more comments (1)
Review
#192608 Review #192608 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

LOWES coupon RIP OFF

LOWES rips off consumers who use coupons. They hate to see you save money. After 4 attempts I refuse to shop here anymore. Each time I go to the customer service desk...more arguments to get something corrected which is legally mine...they add the price of a coupon to your order instead of deducting. They refuse to use manufacturer coupons with a LOWES 10 % off coupon. It is such a rip off...they do everything to discourage you from savings $$. I had ten dollars in Scotts coupons which they refused to honor...I went to home depot and had no problems. I am now a HOME Depot customer and refuse to spend any money at Lowes.

I got my coupons from www.BestCouponUS.com

I used to work at a Lowe's and most of the stores' computer systems actually do not allow a stacked coupon. You can actually see the pricing fluctuate back up once you scan in the second coupon.

Lowes also cheated me out of my coupon savings...I would never shop there again. The pricing is not that good. Coupons are for consumers to save money not for Lowes to cheat me out of savings.

I too had problems with Lowes coupons..I had 4 manufacturer coupons totalling 25 dollars ...Lowes refused to take more than 2....LOWES IS A RIPOFF...That is why they are called the lowest of LOWES!!!90732

It clearly states on all the Lowe's coupons that it cannot be combined with other discounts. You can use as many manufacture coupons as you like.

The system will not let you combine the 10% off of the discount you already got. Can't get something for nothing.

I would never shop at Lowes...pricing is much better at Home depot and the employees are more helpful at Home Depot...no problems with couopons at HD either.

sounds like Bub is a Lowes lover or works for them...guess Bub likes being ripped off by big companies75

I wish I had a coupon that entitled me to listen to 10% less of your whining.

View more comments (7)
Review

LOWES rips you off with coupons

After four times being ripped off by LOWES I refuse to go to this store anymore. I had 2 - $5.00 coupons for Scotts turf builder. First I was told I could not use..then the supervisor which I had the cashier call said it was fine to use as I had 2 of the product. So the cashier rang up and the coupons did not come off...I had to go to the customer service desk. Warning watch your receipt at LOWES - they rip you off with coupons...then you have to be inconvienced and go to the customer service desk to correct....which they do reluctantly. I refuse to shop here anymore....go to Home Depot or any other hardward store....stay away from Lowes....the biggest rip off store going.

Maybe it was the Lowe's you went to. I have never had a problem using coupons there.

I have plenty of 10% off coupons and I have used them in conjunction w/product coupons. I would call Lowe's corporate and more than likely they will send you a gift card for your dissatisfaction.

I have a particular Lowe's that I will no longer shop at. They were so bad that after purchasing $1200 in custom shades that they took off $400 off of my order.