State: New Jersey Clear all filters (153 of 4886 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

Lowes in Howell, New Jersey - Kitchen Disaster

1.5
I ordered cabinets from Lowe's in Howell on May 13, 2017. Today is December 1, 2017 and the job is still not complete. Below is a summary of the events that have taken place: Kitchen rep at Howell, NJ store read the measurements from the installer (also from Lowe's) incorrectly Went back to Lowe's to correct the order Cabinets were delivered June, 20, 2017 incorrect sizes New order submitted to manufacturer 2nd cabinet delivery August 8, 2017 2 cabinets still incorrect sizes cannot do install 3rd cabinet delivery September 21, 2017 - ENTIRE summer without a kitchen. Installer came to install cabinets but would not install hardware as that was not listed on the work order because Howell, NJ kitchen rep forgot. One cabinet was sent defective from the manufacturer...still waiting for Lowe's to fix/replace. On May13, 2017 Howell, NJ rep told us interest free financing would be for 18 months. Wrote down on a the back of the credit card agreement that the first bill would show 6 months but then would be corrected. Financing was never corrected and interest free period ends today. Lowe's will not honor 18 months that was promised. I have been in constant contact with customer service at Lowe's and apparently once you have a rep you cannot speak to anyone else. If your rep is on vacation you have to wait for them to return. There is no supervisor. There is no way to request a different rep. I email and leave voicemails and my rep never calls me back. And there is absolutely nothing that I can do about it. I completely give up and unfortunately I now hate my kitchen that I have waited 15 years for.
Lowes Shipping Service
Cons
  • Executive customer service team

Lowes in Butler, New Jersey - Poor, not very responsive, no sense of urgency

2.3
Ordered and fully paid for a Pergo laminate floor to be installed for 2 guest rooms before the arrival of our guests for Thanksgiving. Delivery men would not deliver pallet of flooring inside house - left it in cold garage for week and a half before I could get it into the proper rooms to acclimate. Had to aggressively call and chase down installers to set date for installation that was convenient for THEM. Bottom line, not installed before Thanksgiving. We had to cancel Thanksgiving family dinner because we had no place to sleep long distance visitors. Very pissed off. Still trying to get return calls from store and department managers to resolve. The only response I got was from a trucker who tried to pick up the flooring from the house at 7:30am one morning this week. No reference to the $4330 of my money they are still holding. Beware, management at this store is not very responsive.

Most deliveries from home centers are off the back of the truck unless you make arrangements and pay extra to have product brought into the house. You shouldn't have waited to get it inside if thats where you wanted it. I doubt you are the only customer on the schedule for installation and they shouldn't be expected to bump someone else to get your job done.

Lowes Flooring Installation
Cons
  • Poor management response to my issue
  • Store management
Price reduction

Lowes in Hackettstown, New Jersey - Aweful Experience Flooring Installation

3.2
We chose Lowes to have our kitchen tile floor installed. The installer they contracted never called to schedule an install date. Materials were delivered and still just sitting here. One week of chasing the installer and Lowes filled with excuses and promises. Finally someone called us after a week of chasing them. We cancelled the installation because of unreliable service. There didn't seem to be any importance to our situation/experience from Lowes, as well. Lowes needs to be sure to contract better companies. One month of our time wasted. Very disappointed in Lowes.

They put 2 rolls of supposedly the same flooring in our kitchen.

Supposedly because they do not match.

One roll is somewhat darker than the other.

I won't use them again.

Flooring Installation

Lowes in Paterson, New Jersey - Delivery

Receiving a delivery from Lowe's was worst experience ever. During the 5 days of this process, they would schedule the delivery and then cancel on the day it was suppose to happen. This would be an ongoing process and showed no care about it. They would come up with different excuses, like system error, and would heartlessly reschedule the delivery date. If you are buying something that needs to be delivered, don't get it from Lowe's because they provide terrible service. They still did not deliver my washing machine. The location of this branch is in Paterson, New Jersey.
Lowes Delivery Service
Problem with delivery

Lowes in Millville, New Jersey - Exchanging measuring tapes

4.2
Went to Lowe’s to exchange 2 tapes on 25 and the 35 foot they said they no longer carry them so I couldn’t exchange them

Did you have a receipt? Were they new or had they been used?

The manufacturers have cracked down on what stores can take back under warranty. Far too many people were abusing warranties on tape measurers. Warranties cover defects not damage. You'd be surprised at how many people would tear a tape or rip the tip off and want to "exchange it" as a defect.

A torn tape is not defective.

It has been abused and damaged. If it's damaged, it's time to buy a new one.

Lowes Customer Care
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Lowes in Union, New Jersey - Paralytic delivery system

2.4

Update by user Jul 22, 2017

I consider this situation half resolved. I went in the store to get my money back.

I got one of the two purchases refunded and I am still waiting for the other one to show up on my card.

This clownish operation would never happen at Home Depot I know since they have a dedicated team to resolve these things way before they get this far. Will update.

Original review posted by user Jul 19, 2017

I have never been treated this way by any business. I cannot believe how poorly your operation functions. Contrary to the email I received telling me my chairs have been delivered, they have not. One Monday I went to the store in Union NJ to find out why? What it the problem? Why can none of your staff figure this out? I took Sean by the hand, led him over to the two boxes of chairs he had in stock ( I only need one of the boxes ). He made some kind of note, talked to Sly, came back to me and told me they would pick up the incorrect order on Monday and leave the correct order. But I would have to pay for the chairs AGAIN! since something was delivered to my house lol. OK, I did it figuring I will get a refund in a few days. Now though you have over $700.00 of mine and I have nothing since you picked up the incorrect delivery but left no replacement. I have been trying to call the store, all day yesterday but could not speak with anybody. I kept getting hung up on or ignored. The people you hire should not be allowed near your telephone. They represent your company very poorly. I called the store today around noon and spoke to Jonathan in delivery. Sean was not in. He said he cannot get it to me today. I told him that is unacceptable. I asked to speak to the store manager. Not in. I spoke to, I think she said Vanessa. I am not sure. Her language and speaking skills could not coherently convey her name in an understandable way even after asking her to speak clearly. She seems to say the same thing as Jonathan, it cannot be done today. That is unacceptable. Tomorrow will mark the 30th day since I placed the order for an in stock item on June 30th. I have been lied to by store staff numerous times. I do not have it yet and you are holding twice the original purchase price. If you think just writing this little diatribe is somehow therapeutic and I am done venting, you do not know me. I am taking your clown show on the road. You know what happens when you do right by a customer? Nothing. They go about their business because things went as they should. When you burn a customer, what does he do? He goes out of his way to inform at least 10 people of what happened. I suggest you get your store in line. Have someone load the box into a truck and send it to my house. Today. Within hours. NOT tomorrow! ENOUGH!!
rich1552

My latest email. I keep getting different people.

Lowesdeliveryservices@lowes.com

12:43 PM (2 hours ago)

to me

Hello Ruth,

I sincerly apologize for the inconvience and frustrations that this has caused.

I have reached out to the store and spoke with Tahiv the service manager. He advised that you will be receiving the chairs on Saturday 7/22/2017. I aslo inquired about your refund he advised it takes 3-5 business days from the date the chairs were picked up for the credit to show to your account. Once againg I sincerly apologize for all the frustration that this has caused.

Please feel free to reach back out to us if you have any additional questions or concerns. Thank you, Anna rich f 1:27 PM (1 hour ago) to Lowesdeliverys. Dear ronda/alex/matthew/terry/anna lol What don't you get? Cancel the order and return ALL of my $700.00 plus NOW!!

I DO NOT WANT THE CHAIRS!!! Your store has no respect for you personally, or the position you hold. Otherwise I would have had my chairs weeks ago. Your office is impotent.

They have been laughing for weeks now. Even after I caught them lying to my face about being out of stock, and showed them 2 boxes, the same ones I saw when I placed the order, they do not take a customer seriously. The store has severe personnel issues. I am 65 and in all my years I have never encountered a more poorly run operation.

Today I stand in disbelief that you would think giving me another delay/date 2 days ahead would be appeasing to me after all that has occurred. Amazing indeed. You clowns have run out of time. Know where you will be in 5 years?

Research Sears and Kmart. Since more than 30 days have passed since placing this order, and the fact that you extorted the purchase price from me AGAIN and STILL failed to deliver, you can be sure I will begin actions against your company which will be quite punitive in nature.

Consider is your notice to escalate the matter into qualified hands. Failure to escalate this matter would indicate the level of detachment from reality all of you suffer from and will be quite costly to you in the end.

Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Products
Cons
  • Poor follow through with orders
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Do not hire lowes

1.5
The reason I gave Lowes my fence business is because they install carpet for an apartment complex that I own. I never had a problem with the carpet contractors. So I hired Lowes for a fence install. They sent a contractor (Hollywood fence). in short they did a horrible job. I would never hire either company again. after waiting for 3 months for the installation. Part of the fence fell down. I then waited another 2 months for the reinstall. The fence is now reinstalled uneven and looks terrible. I will fix it myself at that point. if you choose to hire them, at least you've been warned. When you call the store they hand you over to the corporate office somewhere in North Carolina. No one from Lowes would come out to see the work. What a nightmare.
Lowes Fence Installation
Cons
  • Thier customer service and contractor
Bad quality
Tags
  • Fence Install

Lowes in Holmdel Township, New Jersey - WARRANTY/REPAIR SERVICE ISSUE

I bought a lawnmower (Invoice #09470) at Lowe's, Holmdel, NJ on 8/16 and it would not start on 4/17 with loose wire coils. I called Lowe's on Friday morning and they agreed to pick up lawnmower. I have a medical condition and could not bring lawnmower to store. I waited all day on Friday (missed chiropractor appointment) with no call or truck. I called Friday night to Lowe's Delivery Department (Kevin) who stated that I was on the manifest and the lawnmower would definitely be picked up on Saturday. I waited all day on Saturday with no call or truck. I am done shopping at Lowe's. The employees at Lowe's seem to be bothered when you call them and ask questions. Disgruntled, JChopyk

If you have a medical condition that doesn't allow you to return the mower, how can you use the mower? Just like the people that claim to have bad backs having a hard time finding someone to load their products but will have to unload them and use them when they get home.

What did they say when you called?

View more comments (1)
Product
Lowes Lawn Mower Warranty
Cons
  • Warranty service bad
Warranty issue
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in East Rutherford, New Jersey - Lowe's Dishonered Price Match

We went to Lowe's East Rutherford, NJ on 11/18/2016 to buy 3 appliances worth over $4000 and they did not honor to match their price with their competitors price for one of the item we wanted to buy (printed papers for the lower price offer) and the appliance department manager, I believe the name was Kevin, gave us every excuse not to match that price but he agreed to match other two appliances prices surprisingly. For the item that he didn't want to price match, first he said he can not match because they are not MAJOR competitor (the price given was a local appliance store and they also sell online), and then he said their price on the website is not discounted right away (because the discount was like see the price on the checkout type on their website), and after all his excuses proven wrong his final excuse was that as a store department manager he has power to deny any price and he used his privilege not to honor their price match guarantee. The reason he kept giving me was that price difference is too much according to him (difference was $350 for that item) They have offered us again to price match with the other two appliances (because their prices were not much different $150 for two items) we have refused and left Lowe's East Rutherford, NJ without any purchase because of their dishonest and unprofessional practice. Our next stop was the Home Depot of Lodi. After we showed the same offers and printed papers to their store manager, they have matched all the prices right away any question asked. Their store manager was so professional and she processed our purchase quickly and explained everything in detail. We ended up adding also 3 years protection plan from them for all three appliances. Our total bill was $4200 and we saved approx $500. So if you are planning to buy appliances or any home improvement items and need price match just go to Home Depot, don't even bother with Lowe's.

I don't understand why some losers putting their idiotic comments here. Scam the store out of business?

Seriously? The real scammers are them since they do not stand behind their promotion.

Yes, they are dishonest because they are trying to get rid of you by using BS reasons at first and once you question their BS reasons , they start taking different steps which is still questionable. It clearly states in their policy however when it comes to applying it they are becoming incompetent.

So i didn't get how did you get to the conclusion that i was scamming them? By just asking something that they are offering ?

Like you mentioned if i was a dishonest scammer like some people there are tons of way to do that, however I was ready to pay $4000 instead of $4700 that was the whole deal.

The reason that i did not wanted to get it from Lowe's was because i also had a discount coupon from Lowe's then i learned that they would not apply any other coupons if they are price matching.

Also i wanted to have protection plan from Home Depot or Lowe's instead of the local store which seemed more reliable to me.

As i mentioned Home Depot has price matched because everything was legit in this case otherwise they would not agree as well.

They are dishonest... because they said no up front?

They never lied to you. They are unprofessional because they couldn't afford it on that product but offered a total of $300 off of the two other appliances that they have more margin on in order to compensate for your inconvenience?

Failed scam=your fault. If you were smart you would've just took the deal kicked them all during install blamed the install guy and got wayyy more back.

Just go where the best price is for the product you want to buy.

It is that simple.

I have to wonder why you didn't just go to the local store that had the lower price in the first place. You usually get better service at the local shops.

Is the reason you went to Lowes was that the local shop wouldn't honor the price (misprint in the ad) or didn't have any more available at that price? Seems like you are leaving part of the story out in your complaint.

offconsumerpissed

I wish these companies would just do away with the "price match" BS. It leads to customers like the one above coming in and trying to scam the store out of business.

You found the product for a lower price somewhere else? Cool story. Go buy it somewhere else. At the end of the day, things like "price match" doesn't impact normal people.

We go out looking for a product.

If the price is too much, we go buy it elsewhere. No reason to look like a pathetic *** begging for a handout.

View more comments (5)
Lowes Deal
Not as described/ advertised
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes - Customer Care Review from Newark, New Jersey

I bought over $3,000 worth of appliances and chuck b. Was super helpful and friendly on the other hand when i went to pay,the guy at customer service Tony the lead checker had a very bad attitude,we said we wanted our rebate through the mail but without asking he put it through email,we asked him to fix it but he refused and said he could not do anything to help us.so we went back to chuck b and he took care of us.later i went back to tony and when i asked for his name, he covered his name tag and gave me a false name,r olled his eyes and walked away. but i already had read his first name. No one should be treated like that his customer service sucks
Lowes Customer Care