State: New Jersey Clear all filters (153 of 4889 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

Lowes in Lumberton, New Jersey - No customer resalution with management

3.8
5/25/19 Went to store in Lumberton NJ at7:00am to purchase a new 46" riding lawn mower .Waited in department for assistance ,passing employee asked if I needed assistance and I replied was looking to purchase a riding mower ,employee told me to go to any register and they will ring it up and the department employee will come out with key to unlock mower as they are outside in front of store .After going to the 1 and only register open and waiting on line for 25 minuets the cashier told me she was unable to locate the SKU # for that item and I will need to go to the department to have the employee check and get the proper SKU #.I went back to the department and waited 25 additional minuets for employee to assist me, We finally figured out the proper SKU # and was able to go back on line and pay for this tractor was again 20 min . Now I had to wait for a manager to come out with a key for the locks that connect all the tractors ,in the mean time the department went to get the owners manual and the keys for the tractor . I took the key and checked to be assured the key fit and worked ,the tractor did not engage and the employee told me that was due to no gas in the tractor . I advised the employ I am 55 years old and have worked on Lawn equipment and it was not due no fuel in the tractor. I asked him for the manager and upon the manager returned he told her I did not know my *** from *** in the ground the tractor is fine ,I explained to the manager the battery is dead .The employee reiterated that I was wrong and she should just give me my money back and get rid of me …. so I said fine give me my money back and I will leave ,manager was rude and taking employee side and had no regard to making this right .
Review
Pros
  • Brand
Cons
  • Anything about their customer service
Poor customer service

Lowes in Long Branch, New Jersey - Fence is falling apart

We had a dog eared stick built fence installed in December 2018. Since then one whole section fell apart. They came and fixed that section. As of May 2019 I see more pieces coming off the post. We paid a lot of money for a fence that is falling apart. We will never deal with Lowes located in Brick, New Jersey again.
Review
#1542078 Review #1542078 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Installation
incompetent fence installation
Price reduction

Lowes in Paterson, New Jersey - Shorted fencing that I paid for

Lowes charged me for 42 lf of fencing, a 10ft drive gate, and a 4ft walk gate. When installed I received 28 lf of fencing, an 8ft drive gate, and a 4ft walk gate. I was clearly shorted the drive gate I paid for, but more importantly the 14 feet of fencing that was never delivered or installed. I have been back and forth with the sales department and they refuse to make it right. I have a clear contract that outlines this and physical proof that I did not receive what I initially paid for. If I could give them a 0 in ratings I would. They have no concern with customer satisfaction and therefore I will not be returning as a customer for any of my home improvement needs.
Lowes Fence Installation
Cons
  • Unprofessional managers and contracors
  • Treatment i received
  • Total lack of service and cooperation
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes in East Rutherford, New Jersey - Horrific warranty repairs

Second time in a period of two months called for service on 3 year old washing machine. Parts never on the truck. Wait another two weeks come with wrong part. Takes another two weeks this is first time. Current situation AGAIN come w/out part. Waiting two weeks again. Set up a date to come took off from work called to cancel at last minute. Still no service. Call this morning find out they lied to us. Part just ordered. No idea when they are coming. Running to laundromat while caring for 100 year old Mom! What a disgrace. Spreading the word to everyone I know about Lowe’s and their warranty. Never step foot in this store again!
FumblingShark

Boycott racist lowes

TalentedCarp

Are you just working with the technician? have you called their service line to make a complaint on them?

just curious. I know sometimes the parts need to be ordered.

sometimes the service line people can help. especially if you ask to speak with a supervisor.

Are you kidding? Do you really expect them to carry all the parts for all the appliances they service in their truck?

That idea just isn't realistic.

Some problems are easily solved but it isn't uncommon to have to order parts. Just a fact of life as trucks aren't big enough to haul a warehouse of parts in.

View more comments (2)
Product
Lowes Protection Plan
Warranty issue

Lowes in Mount Laurel, New Jersey - Still no roof, leaks possible mold building

we signed a contract on November 30, 2018 for a roof installation. Hurricane Michael left our roof damaged and leaking, and we went to Lowes with the assumption that we would get prompt and reliable service. here it is four months later and still no roof. We have heard many excuses as to why we have no roof, but enough is enough. your services lack reliability!
Lowes Roofing
Not as described/ advertised
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Holmdel Township, New Jersey - Unacceptable service..run around.

Update by user Nov 03, 2018

Original review posted by user Nov 02, 2018

Warning Notice! Do not use Lowe’s service for anything at the Holmdel location. You will regret it. They use subcontractors who are not Lowe’s employees and Lowe’s has no control of their own subcontractors. They do not control over there own sales representatives who do not follow through on what they say. I am also investigating the Lowe’s company policy and on home improvement and whether the violation the Home Improvement Practice Regulations below and consumer protection laws. I believed they have violated the Home Improvement Practice Regulations found in the New Jersey Administrative Code at N.J.A.C. 13:45A-16.1 et seq. In multiple instances. (See below for details) The requirements of the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act, N.J.S.A. 56:8-1 et seq. (the “Act”) and the Home Improvement Practice Regulations found in the New Jersey Administrative Code at N.J.A.C. 13:45A-16.1 et seq. (the “Regulations”), place obligations on contractors and protect consumers when it comes to home improvements. Contractors should be aware of these provisions in view of the potential costs of non-compliance, and homeowners should familiarize themselves with these provisions prior to undertaking home improvements. Generally, the Act protects consumers from unconscionable commercial practices such as fraud, misrepresentation, and deception by persons involved in the sale of goods and services, including home improvement contracts. The Act defines contractors as persons engaged in the business of making or selling home improvements, and requires all contractors to be registered with the State of New Jersey. Contractors doing home improvements, defined as all construction work that is not construction of a new residence, are also subject to the home improvement practices regulations. Contractors must comply with the Act and the Regulations, or risk costly litigation and monetary penalties. In many cases, a violation of the Regulations, such as failure to provide a written contract, constitutes a per se violation of the Act and may subject the contractor to triple damages under the Act. The home improvement contract between the seller/contractor and the consumer/homeowner sets forth the rights and obligations of the parties with respect to the home improvements being performed. Pursuant to the Regulations, all home improvement contracts in excess of $500, and all change orders of such contracts, must be in writing and signed by the parties. Failure of the contractor to provide a written contract or change order is automatically a violation of the Act, and the homeowner need not prove that the contractor intended to violate the Act. Under the Regulations, the written contract must clearly and accurately, and in understandable language, set forth the terms and conditions of the contract, including the following: A detailed description of the work to be done and materials to be used. · A start date and an end date. · The total price to be paid by the homeowner, including finance charges. · The legal name and business address of the seller or agent who negotiated the contract for the seller. · A description of any mortgage or security interest to be taken in connection with the sale or financing of the home improvements. · A statement of any guarantee or warranty with regard to products, materials, labor and services made by the contractor.

Most likely a fake review. The poster doesn’t give us any kind of grievance or damages they suffered.

Not even a basic outline of thier ordeal. Just an accusation with no detail to back it up.

Lowe's is protected by the contract you signed. The third party contractor who did the work is who is liable for this, not Lowe's.

You can try to sue them if you wish, but it won't hold up in court because they have a signed contract absolving them from damages caused by the third party contractor. If you hire an attorney they will find this out pretty quickly.

You can file a complaint with the NJ Consumer affairs. If The State looks at your evidence and finds that Lowe’s is non-compliant then they will impose fine on Lowe’s(the Contractor) of which the State receives.

Then perhaps Lowe’s will find it better to settle out of court with you for damages.

If the State finds that Lowe’s is compliant, They will serve as a mediator in resolving the dispute, and if you and Lowe’s can’t agree, then you will have to file a lawsuit against Lowe’s and let the court decide. Since you give no details exactly how Lowe’s has violated the state law, I would have to assume that they are compliant.

TroubledGiantClam852

The notion that the biggest, most prosperous businesses are somehow immune from regulatory oversight is simply ludicrous. These powerful megacorps are just as susceptible to labor violations as their small and mid-sized counterparts.

Good luck in Court.

@PCFL1592

No court for me.... New Jersey state law violation. NJState vs Lowe’s

@TroubledGiantClam852

Or hopefully corporate Lowe’s tight up policy to existing New Jersey state law.

View more comments (6)
Lowes Sales Representative
Reason of review
Lowe’s policy and whether the violated Nj law..Home Improvement Practice Regulations found in the New Jersey Administrative Code at N.J.A.C. 13:45A-16.1 et seq.

Lowes in Linden, New Jersey - Worst Installation Ever

1.8
Lowes - Worst Installation Ever
Do not ever go with Lowe's for an Installation as they use Installers that are not certified. My Generator has not worked from the 1st day it was Installed. Lowe's wants us to allow the original Installer back to correct 2 things that they say are wrong with the Install. We hired a Generac Certified Lowe's Installer, that Generac suggested to us, to go over the entire Install and we have a list of things wrong that Lowe's will not correct. 1 being the Installer used the wrong grade of wiring, which is a fire issue and we are being told that is not a problem that needs to be fixed. Another thing being the Installer used the wrong transfer Switch, that we paid for and he did not order, which is theft and Lowe's finds this acceptable. We didn't get the product that we paid for and Lowe's finds nothing wrong with this. So you pay for a product and Lowe's can substitute for the wrong product. The list goes on and on of codes that the Installer violated and Lowe's is trying to say the list means nothing and there are only 2 things to correct. Lowe's said we could not get a refund on this poor Installation, even when it was within the 30 days. Here's a list of all the things wrong and we have pictures also, but Lowe's is saying there are only 2 things to correct. We have asked for the Generac Certified Installer to correct everything, since he knows what he is doing and was told no we have to use the original Installer and he is only to correct the 2 things that are wrong. This has been going on for 5 months now of being told I can not get my money back and I have to allow the original Installer back to correct 2 things. Lowe's also said they will not talk compensation until the job is done. They think people are stupid but I know exactly what they are going to give us and that's 10 - 15% back, which doesn't cover all our pain and suffering we have endured over this Install and not to mention, no Generator for 5 months now and an Installer that stole from us and put our family at risk with the wrong grade wiring and the generator not being so many feet from an opening, which can cause carbon monoxide poisoning to our families, but Lowe's is saying there are only 2 things that need to be corrected. I could go on and on with the list.
Lowes Generator Installation
Bad quality

Lowes in Stafford Township, New Jersey - Kitchen remodel

4.5
Our “big buck” project began on January 4th. , 2018. Gutted kitchen. A month later the floor ( with radiant heat) was installed terribly. Cabinets installed before floor was grouted. Backsplash installed by same people who did floor ! A month later, Lowe’s sent someone to remove backsplash and install new Sheetrock. Different tile people redid the backsplash professionally. Complained to Lowe’s about uneven , shoddy floor . They sent a rep to inspect, said nothing could be done because of the radiant heat ! Lowe’s didn’t move on this at all until I filed a complaint with the BBB. Now they want to make things “right” ! Their idea of right is a refund of $500. It’s now October, 2018 and we’re still going back and forth. I think an attorney in the near future is called for.

This case is closed. Lowe’s agreed to a settlement.

Although it wasn’t what we had asked for, it was satisfactory. We learned a lesson the hard way, unfortunately.

Lowes Kitchen Remodeling
Cons
  • Shoddy work by subcontractors
Bad quality
Full refund

Lowes in Trenton, New Jersey - Worst customer service

I ordered a yard cart that was on sale online . Said there was 1 at a local store for pickup .got conformation email for the order 2hours i receive a call from the local store in mt holly nj saying they dont have the yard cart and were cancelling the order when i called the customer service number the said they could have one shipped to me with a shipping fee of twice the price of the cart .ask if they could ship it to the store and i could pick it up there they said no its a clearence item ......but the were willing to ship it to me at twice the price .....what a scam!!!!!!!!!

lowes.com's terms and conditions: Lowe's cannot and does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the Materials displayed on the Site, including, without limitation, prices, product images, specifications, dimensions, availability and services. The Materials may contain technical inaccuracies and typographical errors.

Products and services are the responsibility of the manufacturer and service provider, respectively and subject to the warranties offered by such manufacturer or service provider. ALWAYS read Terms and conditions on any website you purchase from.

Lowes Shipping Service
Pricing issue

Lowes in Piscataway Township, New Jersey - Don’t use them for anything you may need them to install

Lowes - Don’t use them for anything you may need them to install
Do not use Lowe’s for any projects you may need. I went to Lowe’s because I was sent a coupon from them from the US Postal service because I recently moved. The coupon was an extra 10% off new shades and 9 shades installed for $99(see attached picture). I setup a survey which I paid $35 for to have someone come to measure. I go to the local store in Piscataway NJ a few days later and am told the person who does blinds is not in now that I should come back tomorrow. I come back tomorrow and the rep I see recommended he send someone out to the house again to take measurements for an “outside” mount installation because there are more choices. The 2nd surveyor comes a few days later and I go that night to the store and an associate helps me. My wife and I are there for almost 3 hours and then suddenly on the associate’s computer it comes up almost $900 for installation and he doesn’t know why it’s coming up. He calls a manager on the phone (who never came over) and gets no help or information. He’s grabbing associates from plumbing and flooring departments to help him and no one can figure it out. The store was closing at this point and he says I will get a call back the next morning which I never did. Two days later I call Lowe’s corporate and explain the situation to a manager there and again I’m promised a call back from “senior management” within 24 hours and no one calls. DO NOT USE LOWES FOR ANY OF THEIR SERVICES OR YOU’LL BE WASTING YOUR TIME.

This coupon does not include installation. This is just for the blinds. You'll get 10% off if they're in stock blinds and another 5% off if you get special order blinds.

New mover's coupons are not valid on: LowesforPros.com; previous sales; multiple transactions; purchase of services, installation, or extended protection plans; gift cards; Weber products; Dacor, ICON, Fisher & Paykel, Monogram, Smeg, or Liebherr brand appliances (some brands not available in all markets/stores); or clearance appliances. Customer must pay applicable sales tax.

I see nothing in the coupon that mentions installation.

View more comments (2)