State: New Jersey City: Livingston Clear all filters (13 of 4889 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Livingston, New Jersey - THEY DONT PAY THEIR BILLS

Im a third party vendor for lowes, we performed services for them last winter in 2 states and Lowes despite written authorization refuses to pay the overage on their snow. Its almost 70k. Despite months of trying to work amicably with the company and my client Lowes has taken an approach which is unacceptable. While they prey on the small contractors for their bread and butter in the store they refuse to pay for the services rendered in order to keep their business open. It is unfortunate that this has become what it is. I would urge everyone to rethink where they shop and the type of people they do business with.

yes we were sub contracter for them .they will you get so watch out sub contracter.you are nothy to them.

Reason of review
Problems with payment
Loss

Lowes in Livingston, New Jersey - Customer service

WOW ENTERPRISE ALABAMA LOWE DOE'S NOT LIKE TO HELP THE CUSTOMER. What are they going to do if Home Depot comes to town. I was just in the Enterprise, Alabama store,picking up some items, standing in line for 5-6 the minutes as the other cashier (Ashley) watched us stand in line and said nothing about helping us. Then someone walked up and had to ask her are you open as she was doing nothing. She then started helping us. Wow this is unreal that customer service is this bad with such a large company.LOWES TIME TO GET SOME ONE THAT LOVES THEIR JOB.

Lowes in Livingston, New Jersey - Receipt problems and poor service

the lowe's home improvement store in whiteville nc has very poor customer service and a very unprofessional,unorganized, rude staff of employees.they refuse to validate items bought at their store even with the purchase receipt.they say that the receipt didn't exist.I even contacted the corporate office and lowes customer care.everyone please be very weary when purchasing from lowes,most definately the one in whiteville nc.they also have bogus contractors working for them that they send out to install and they lie and cheat which results in lowes paying them for installation and them charging me for installation too.THEY GET DOUBLE PAID!!!!!!!!!This is a rip off and they will never do work for me again and i will never purchase anything from them again,not even if they were the only store around.i would rather drive 500 miles to a store that had some employees with some respect for their customers and employees that had some sense.I am disgusted with this store.Home depot will definately be getting my business from now on.for those of you that shop lowes please be careful and good luck with being treated with any kind of respect and lets hope that you fair better with your purchases and receipts than i did!

It makes a lot of difference whether you are a woman or a man. Lowes is a very discriminating corporation (against women).., I did a little test to see if it was just me or if this was true.

Its true.

I had a male friend of mine make a return the same time I did. I was behind him in line...he had no problems.. I had the exact transaction and circumstances..... they did not accept my return.

There was a woman in line when we first got there...her's was also not accepted. they're ***

You are a *** ***

You are mistaken...I have had several installs from that store and they never or their installers never got paid twice. Shopping 500 miles from there sounds good for you and them given the current attitude and climate. Good luck going forwat d..lol :upset

total bs

View more comments (3)
Lowes Installation
Loss

Lowes is good for America

I'm so proud that Lowes carries more made in America products than their competitors and that they are not supporting the dishonest propaganda of "All Ammerican Muslim" That show is a whitewash over the growing muslim population in the US, that will soon be a dangerous rioting, separatist movement in our country, the way they are in many countries in Europe. Lowes was only one of dozens of companies that pulled their advertizing after the show debuted and they had a chance to see it for the transparent vehichle for propaganda that it is. Most of the people who jump on the bigotry bandwagon would not want their children going to school in the town where the show is filmed.

Lilmaude...I read your *** post in another discussion on here. Your an *** How the *** can things shake from your hands into your pockets??

Your a thief and deserved to be fired. Get over it!

I love seperatist movements. My own little movement in Jerusalem really got the Romans pissed off. It got the jews pissed off too. You would have liked it.

But, then, you ignorant Lowes supporters don't read, and missed that part of the bible, so I'll spare you the details. Just listen to your local bible thumper, whatever flavor, give up your money every Sunday, and go play with your guns and crystal *** in your trailer parks, one day you'll get promoted to that assistant managers job at Lowes, just keep trying.

You'll deserve it.

Thanks to Lowes for making our jobs harder in Afghanistan. And thanks to Lowes for jeopardizing the safety of US Troops and the mission. And I thought giving aid (propaganda) to the enemy during wartime was treason.

View more comments (2)

Lowes denied military discount no Photo ID

Lowes denied Veteran wirh 8 Years service with valid discharge certificate , but no photo ID even with presenting photo drivers lic. I server during the Korean war There is other companies thar will honor your discharge without a photo ID. and they carry the same thing Lowes does. Lowes is not honoring the Military as they say they are. What a JOKE. The store I visited Was in Johnson City Tennessee.The sales person at the check out was very rude about it and if I did not like it to call the corporate office.and thats tough luck. John G. Flag Pond Tn
jakob99

I retired in 1989 with pension and medical care. I was issued a DD Form 2 (Retired) . Blue, Laminated as they were in those days. Mine was issued on post at out-processing. Under expiration date it says INDEFINITE.

I have called JAG at Ft. Hood and Ft. Knox to confirm in 2 different places that my card is still good and does not have to be replaced or anything. My card is accepted at Ft. Campbell at the commissary / px/ shopette, etc.

Every time I go into the Gallatin Tennessee store they give me HECK. They even have a black and white copy of the i.d. cards they accept at each register. Albeit from a black and white fax machine or copier. They look at their page of card copies then look at my i.d.. They call person after person up front to look at it. The last time I was in the Lowes Gallatin there was a huge hassle like I was some criminal. They eventually gave the 10%.

On one past occasion the store manager told me the reason they really check the i.d. cards is that they have more money discounts at this store than at the Lowes nesr Ft. Campbell. I told him the soldiers at Ft. Campbell don't buy roofing, tractors, paint, etc. but retiree's do.

Made no sense whatso ever,

The Gallatin TN store is the ONLY Lowes store that causes this hassle.

Recently I went to Home Depot to buy a zero turn mower, instead of the local Lowes. Home Depot was glad to have my business and had absolutely no problem with my retired i.d.

3rdLevelRogue

Lowes cashier chiming in here. Corporate recently decided to only accept Military Cards with an I.D.

and it was no decision of the individual stores. It aggravates me quite a bit because my father is in the same boat you are in and he often will get me to buy him things to avoid the issue. Some cashiers will pass it through with mo hassle, but I beg you to please complain to corporate or take the complaint to the company Facebook or Twitter.

It isn't fair to deny some veterans who served, especially because it also implies that the cashiers are too *** to read a paper and.look at your driver's license. On a positive note, we will accept all forms on military holidays, which isn't really enough to me :sigh

#652095

I've never had an issue showing my military ID at Lowes and receiving the discount. Associates have actually asked me if I'm military and have let me know about the 10% discount multiple times.

They have policies in place to make sure their gracious offer is not abused. You failed to follow their policy.

Bring your DD-214 on the three holidays already mentioned and get your discount. The bottom line, any retailer who offers a discount for service is doing it as a courtesy, do them the courtesy of following their established policies.

I ran into the same problem with Lowes not honoring their military discount. I'm a disabled Viet Nam veteran and I'm in the process of building a new home.

My intention was to buy lots from Lowes using their 10% discount. I was told that I must have a military ID or a VA card. I told them I did not have either, but I did have my DD214, my VA letter stating my disability and my Bronze star letter for Viet Nam service. They would not even look at my letters and just stated that I must have a VA card.

I told them that I have not used the VA in over 25 years and I have no need to, so why would I have a VA card? They refused my discount, Lowes does not care about veterans at all.

Aww you all sound like the old pple that dont get their senior discount at McDonalds.

In the course of a month I had spent several thousand dollars on materiels for a deck and only twice was I asked for proof of military service. I was never denied the 10% veterans discount.

commonsense2011

Lowe's offers a 10% off discount to Veterans, yes. This is a discount which they are NOT required to give...and many companies DO NOT OFFER DISCOUNTS unless you have a coupon or if you catch them during a sale..if you did not have proof that you were in the military, then why would they give you a discount? Just because you said you were?

ALL THREE OF MY LOCAL LOWES STORES HAVE AND CONTINUE TO HONOR OUR "MILITARY ID CARDS" WITHOUT QUESTION.

This is the policy from the lowes.com website:

Lowe's established the 10% Military Discount to support the men and women who are currently serving our country in the Armed Services(1) and to honor Retired Veterans and VA Recipients.(2)

This 10% discount is also extended to the immediate family(3) of those who are currently serving, Retired Veterans, or VA Recipients.

To qualify for the Everyday 10% Military Discount, you must:

Be currently serving in, or retired from, a qualifying branch of the Armed Services, or be the immediate family member of someone who is and have a valid military ID Card.

Or:

Be a veteran who receives VA benefits and have a valid Veteran Identification Card (VIC).

We honor all Veterans on three specific holidays: Memorial Day, 4th of July and Veterans Day. During these three holiday weekends, we extend the discount to all veterans who served honorably and who present a valid Form DD214 or other proof of service. The Lowe’s Military Discount is extended to the Veteran community on these three holidays only.

The Military Discount must be used on personal purchases only and cannot be used for Lowes.com purchases, previous sales, or the purchase of gift cards or services including product installations. It cannot be combined with the Lowe’s Price Guarantee, or promotions such as "Spend and Get," "New Mover," "Project Starter," "Your Choice," or discounts such as Quote Support Program (QSP) quotes.

•1 Armed Services — US Army, US Navy, US Air Force, US Marine Corps, US Coast Guard, or the National Guard and who are in active, reserve, or retired status.

•2 Retired Veterans and VA Recipients — Veterans who have retired after 20 years of service and/or those who receive VA Benefits

•3 Immediate Family — Spouses and/or dependent children (up to 18 years old.)

This is from the Lowes.com website:

Lowe's established the 10% Military Discount to support the men and women who are currently serving our country in the Armed Services1 and to honor Retired Veterans and VA Recipients.2 This 10% discount is also extended to the immediate family3 of those who are currently serving, Retired Veterans, or VA Recipients.

To qualify for the Everyday 10% Military Discount, you must:

Or:

•3 Immediate Family — Spouses and/or dependent children (up to 18 years old.)

What a whiny little b****. They let you in the service?

Lemme guess... Front line infantry.

Just for your info, Lowe's is one of the only companies that offers a military discount all year long. HD definitely does not.

It does sound like you should have gotten the discount though. The cashier definitely didn't do the right thing.

You were tought to follow the rules while in the military. What makes you think you don't have to follow store policy?

nikalseyn

I suspect Lowe's is playing a game here. I am a veteran but I do not carry discharge paperwork around with me nor do I have any sort of "photo ID" proving I am a veteran.

I suppose I could show them my artificial leg or the scars on my shoulder but I doubt that would satisfy corporate requirements for a military discount.

Offering a "discount" for veterans is just a PR gambit and sounds good but in practice is BS. Your best bet is to just shop at Home Depot or Menards and forget about Lowe's and their attempts to cash in on the "we value your service" mantra.

#391975

at most stores they will give you a military discount the first time with discharge papers but the next time you come in you need to have gotten a photo ID sorry we cant overthrow corporate policies maybe thats why they told you to call corporate

#391967

First I would like to thank all veterans who gave a part of their life in service to our country. However this does not entitle you to expect a discount from retailers.

If they offer one that is great, but to complain about them because they don't doesn't become someone who takes pride in their service of our country. Man up and quit complaining.

View more comments (15)

Lowes in Livingston, New Jersey - Pound Sand Return

I attempted to return an electric pressure washer to Lowes in Coeur d' Alene Idaho. I used the washer once (summer of 10'), tried to use it this week - non-op. Lowes customer service rep asked if I called the manufacturer - I said no. She then told me I should have purchased the service plan. No offer, no help - Just POUND SAND! I left the washer at Her counter. If She has offered even a token of a settlement I would have been OK with the treatment. I went to Costco and bought a replacement. Last applicance or power tool I buy from Lowes!

This is a prime example of a ***. He expects a token of credit?

Then has a tantrum and leaves his property on the desk. Real good.

You could have called the manf. This isnt 1970 anymore nor is it Mels hardware.

fearnofishy

I agree with the other comments. Sounds like you went in hot headed and would not even discuss the problem or ask for a supervisor.

My wife worked there as a supervisor and you would not believe how many times they went far beyond what they needed to simply to make the customer happy.

Moral of your story.. keep your cool and then ask for a supervisor. If you would have done this I am betting you would have walked out with a new power washer.

its under manufacturer warranty for a year, not lowes so dont blame lowes for not being able to help you. if you wanted them to help you should have purchased an extended protection plan through them, duh

what do you expect you bought it a year ago. It is not warrantied by Lowe's it is warrantied by the manufacturer.

View more comments (3)

Lowes.com: Confirm Before you Click

Make sure that you confirm the availability of items at Lowes.com, online information is not accurate. When it comes to emergency appliance purchases, one doesn't typically want to wait 2 wks to receive their item. If an item is listed as in stock at Lowes.com, it may not really be readily avaialble, but once you realize that, you have already incurred charges on your credit card. My recent purchase cost me an additional $400 and the 3-ring circus I went through to get everything cleared, was maddening. Read my full review here: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/8027217/consumer_warning_lowescom.html?cat=2

Making major purchases online is just an artard move anyways, unless you're getting a ridiculous discount. If you shop at a store, you'll have someone you can talk to in person that can be held accountable.

Buy online, and you'll spend your time chatting on the phone with people between either jobs or languages. Either way, your odds of getting what you want are slim.

Lowes in Livingston, New Jersey - Used an unfair practice to accept a return

I purchase 56 Trim & Save Pine packages on a buy one, get one free special. My carpenter used 35 packages. I returned 21 packages with receipt. I expected to receive credit for 10 packages. Instead I was told that the 21 I returned were the free ones. Are you kidding me. I have consistantly been a loyal customer. Lowes & Home Depot are across the street. You have lost a customer for the sake of $90 I followed all the requirements requested by Menards, yet they choose to set their own rules as convenient to them. Shame. Please cancel my account.

What's really funny is for buy one get one, all they do is lower the price to half the amount. So if it was originally $10 bucks, each one costs $5 are you can get 3 for $15 if you wanted.

This is how the Lowe's system works.

"Sorry but I side with Lowes on this one. You used over half of what you purchased it would be the same as geting buy 1 get one free and returning 1."

No it's not, he's keeping 35 and expecting to have paid for 18. Your example only makes sense if he's expecting to get paid for all 21 he returned.

The customer stated that he only expected to receive credit for 10 not 21 I agree with him. I would have sold them on craigs list or one of the same. That is ridiculous!

You followed all the rules listed by Menards? But I thought you were shopping at Lowe's.

Well, it seems like you over-estimated how many you would need.

If they did return them to you, then they would basically be giving you the other ones for free. How is it fair to Lowe's that you are basically stealing?

Go ahead and go to Home Depot. Good luck finding anyone to help you!

How could they tell that what you brought back was the free ones? Thats funny.

View more comments (6)
Review

Lowes in Livingston, New Jersey - Overcharged for door installation!

I went to Lowes to purchase and have a cliding glass patio door installed. The door was priced about right and the estimate including install was about $435. but somehow I ended up with a bill for over $1000. I called the store manager and have not heard back. It appears that I was charged almost $700 for an install that was standard and took the two men who came under two hours to complete the replacement. I saw their invoice and it gave them $125 for their work installing the door. Beware of using lowes. I found this prohibitively expensively and would not use them again.

French door takes half a day for one man. $250 basic labor. Lowe's charges around $400 for just the labor, so there was some confusion on your quote...

Why are you aluminum wrapping if you installed a high quality door correctly to start with? Aluminum wrap is a sham sold by companies to make extra money and cover up their poor craftsmanship. It's not the 1960's, there are plenty of composite materials that are better and less expensive tham aluminum wrap.

I install doors all day, every day. That is how I can do most french doors by myself in half a day.

If you guys charge $800, that is $50/hr for each guy. At $50/hr those guys are overpaid if it takes them that long. I can always use a good helper, so when your business gets slow, $8/hr is better than nothing.

man, we charge 800 bucks to replace a door

it takes all day to take a door out, flash the sill, install new door, insulate with foam, and get it to swing correctly, install new lock, re-trim inside and cap outside trim with vinyl coated aluminum, then caulk.

if these two people did all this stuff in two hours. first i don't believe it, second they probably did a really bad job. I've been doing this stuff for over 25 years.

Have you returned to the store where you made the purchase? Or contacted your install sales team?

Lowes stands behind all of their installs from start to finish and guarantees customer satisfaction.

I've never heard of an issue that a store is unwilling to fix for a customer.

Very commonly, leaving a message for a manager never really makes it to the manager, they dont work in an office environment afterall. I doubt you're being ignored and I bet theyd be willing to take care of you properly.

View more comments (2)
Review
#219272 Review #219272 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Replacement

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111

Home Depot
2447 reviews
2.1
Compare

Lowes sold me a fridge and a icemaker kit ice maker kit took over a month and lots of phone calls

I finaly got a manager that sent it out to me after they told me they would send it out four other times no comp no sorry and I had to pay the plumer to come back and hook it up and they would not deliver it next daay or for even two weeks if they brought it to my house and I am a jimmy johnson fan so I don't buy at home depo or any where else I may to re think that so for all you out there make note that lowes does not all ways do what they say they are going to do

Does your keyboard have a period key? Also I suggest spellcheck.

Lowes Manager