State: New Jersey Product: Lowes Sales Representative Clear all filters (3 of 40 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Lowes in Holmdel Township, New Jersey - Unacceptable service..run around.

Update by user Nov 03, 2018

Original review posted by user Nov 02, 2018

Warning Notice! Do not use Lowe’s service for anything at the Holmdel location. You will regret it. They use subcontractors who are not Lowe’s employees and Lowe’s has no control of their own subcontractors. They do not control over there own sales representatives who do not follow through on what they say. I am also investigating the Lowe’s company policy and on home improvement and whether the violation the Home Improvement Practice Regulations below and consumer protection laws. I believed they have violated the Home Improvement Practice Regulations found in the New Jersey Administrative Code at N.J.A.C. 13:45A-16.1 et seq. In multiple instances. (See below for details) The requirements of the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act, N.J.S.A. 56:8-1 et seq. (the “Act”) and the Home Improvement Practice Regulations found in the New Jersey Administrative Code at N.J.A.C. 13:45A-16.1 et seq. (the “Regulations”), place obligations on contractors and protect consumers when it comes to home improvements. Contractors should be aware of these provisions in view of the potential costs of non-compliance, and homeowners should familiarize themselves with these provisions prior to undertaking home improvements. Generally, the Act protects consumers from unconscionable commercial practices such as fraud, misrepresentation, and deception by persons involved in the sale of goods and services, including home improvement contracts. The Act defines contractors as persons engaged in the business of making or selling home improvements, and requires all contractors to be registered with the State of New Jersey. Contractors doing home improvements, defined as all construction work that is not construction of a new residence, are also subject to the home improvement practices regulations. Contractors must comply with the Act and the Regulations, or risk costly litigation and monetary penalties. In many cases, a violation of the Regulations, such as failure to provide a written contract, constitutes a per se violation of the Act and may subject the contractor to triple damages under the Act. The home improvement contract between the seller/contractor and the consumer/homeowner sets forth the rights and obligations of the parties with respect to the home improvements being performed. Pursuant to the Regulations, all home improvement contracts in excess of $500, and all change orders of such contracts, must be in writing and signed by the parties. Failure of the contractor to provide a written contract or change order is automatically a violation of the Act, and the homeowner need not prove that the contractor intended to violate the Act. Under the Regulations, the written contract must clearly and accurately, and in understandable language, set forth the terms and conditions of the contract, including the following: A detailed description of the work to be done and materials to be used. · A start date and an end date. · The total price to be paid by the homeowner, including finance charges. · The legal name and business address of the seller or agent who negotiated the contract for the seller. · A description of any mortgage or security interest to be taken in connection with the sale or financing of the home improvements. · A statement of any guarantee or warranty with regard to products, materials, labor and services made by the contractor.

Most likely a fake review. The poster doesn’t give us any kind of grievance or damages they suffered.

Not even a basic outline of thier ordeal. Just an accusation with no detail to back it up.

Lowe's is protected by the contract you signed. The third party contractor who did the work is who is liable for this, not Lowe's.

You can try to sue them if you wish, but it won't hold up in court because they have a signed contract absolving them from damages caused by the third party contractor. If you hire an attorney they will find this out pretty quickly.

You can file a complaint with the NJ Consumer affairs. If The State looks at your evidence and finds that Lowe’s is non-compliant then they will impose fine on Lowe’s(the Contractor) of which the State receives.

Then perhaps Lowe’s will find it better to settle out of court with you for damages.

If the State finds that Lowe’s is compliant, They will serve as a mediator in resolving the dispute, and if you and Lowe’s can’t agree, then you will have to file a lawsuit against Lowe’s and let the court decide. Since you give no details exactly how Lowe’s has violated the state law, I would have to assume that they are compliant.

TroubledGiantClam852

The notion that the biggest, most prosperous businesses are somehow immune from regulatory oversight is simply ludicrous. These powerful megacorps are just as susceptible to labor violations as their small and mid-sized counterparts.

Good luck in Court.

@PCFL1592

No court for me.... New Jersey state law violation. NJState vs Lowe’s

@TroubledGiantClam852

Or hopefully corporate Lowe’s tight up policy to existing New Jersey state law.

View more comments (6)
Reason of review
Lowe’s policy and whether the violated Nj law..Home Improvement Practice Regulations found in the New Jersey Administrative Code at N.J.A.C. 13:45A-16.1 et seq.
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Butler, New Jersey - I got conflicting information from 3 salespeople including the manager

This is regarding a screen door that I intend to install myself. I spent 1 hour with a salesman who told me I could order the item online for $20 less than in the store and have it shipped to my local store to pick up free of delivery charge in Butler NJ. He printed out all the information. Online it said it was not available at my local store. I called the store 7 times and was cut off or hung up on. one saleslady told me I could get the delivery charge refunded. when I called the manager told me that was not true. I would have to pay a delivery charge. i'll be shopping at Home Depot now.
Lowes Sales Representative
Cons
  • Inaccurate info
  • Phone call dropped 7 times
  • Inaccurate info rude manager
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes in Millville, New Jersey - Awful employees!

3.5
Less than a year ago I bought a nice refrigerator at Lowes. Now I need a new washing machine. Found one on their website that would work for me so I went back to the store. As I walked into the appliance area, three salespeople are sitting at a desk talking about how customers keep coming up and interrupting them. I figured they were busy so I walked around looking for the washer I wanted. Within minutes the table was empty and all three guys were gone. I wandered the area but could find no one. About 15 minutes went by. There were other people walking around without any help. Finally one of the guys walked back in the area. An older woman looked at me and said, you were here before us. And I said "I hope I am not interrupting the sales people like I heard them talking before." The sales guy said "we were just joking". I said I did not take it that way. I said I have been waiting for someone and it should not have been this long of a wait. He said he was helping someone. I said I walked the entire area and no one was here. He said he did not like my attitude and would find someone else to help me. The woman said "you can't talk to a customer like that" and he said he could. I said I was going to Home Depot. And I did and bought a machine there. Never again will I go in a Lowes!

Awful experience at Lowe's in Arlington Heights, IL. Purchased a fence with a "lifelong warrantee" that the store won't honor.

Fence was poorly installed and of poor quality. And, now they will no longer honor their warrantee. Their explanation? There is a new manager who is "unfamiliar" with "products sold under a different manager".

We have our receipt of purchase in writing and are now considering taking them to court.

STRONGLY advise everyone to avoid Lowe's. No wonder they are about to go out of business...treat customers this way and of course no one will want to do business with them....

Review
#1199165 Review #1199165 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Sales Representative
Cons
  • Any of the appliance employees
Poor customer service
Fire the guys in the appliance area... all 3

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111