State: New Jersey City: Newark Clear all filters (19 of 4891 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes - Customer Care Review from Newark, New Jersey

I bought over $3,000 worth of appliances and chuck b. Was super helpful and friendly on the other hand when i went to pay,the guy at customer service Tony the lead checker had a very bad attitude,we said we wanted our rebate through the mail but without asking he put it through email,we asked him to fix it but he refused and said he could not do anything to help us.so we went back to chuck b and he took care of us.later i went back to tony and when i asked for his name, he covered his name tag and gave me a false name,r olled his eyes and walked away. but i already had read his first name. No one should be treated like that his customer service sucks
Lowes Customer Care

Lowes - Side By Side Refrigerator Review from Newark, New Jersey

Bought a fridge online , first attempt they bring me the wrong size , the fridge sat outside for a day till it was picked up next morning , waited a week for the one I originally ordered , day of delivery , schedule for 12-2 delivery get a phone call it was pushed to 2-4 , get another phone call delivery won't take place till the next morning . Highly upset I sat around all day n waited a week because of their mistake . I will never purchase anything from lowes again
Order processing issue

Lowes in Newark, New Jersey - HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE/DELIVERY

1.9
I have never in my life had a worse horrific experience with customer service/delivery service! The workers are an incompetent, rude bunch who are busy doing everything BUT their jobs. Every call I made to customer service, especially the store located in Jersey City, was answered and handled unprofessionally. They are too busy chatting and laughing with their coworkers to answer a phone call properly. They place you on a hold for so long you are forced to hang up and call back (and it's not because they're busy). I kindly informed many of them that my business closes at exactly 6pm and they "promised" it would get to me by before then. The next day I called to reschedule because I never got my shipment and I was told they don't know where their trucks are but they did come at 7pm. Then when I asked what time approximately would they arrive today, once again I was told they don't know where the trucks are. Do they know anything???? I have ordered $10,000+ worth of items from Lowe's. Never. again.
Review
Cons
  • Poor training
  • Employees attitude
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes - Staff Review from Newark, New Jersey

Asked for help at the longview wa store as a worker walked by on his cell phone I asked to get help he nodded kept walking. Went to the customer service for help but they were to busy painting and hanging the painted paper told me it was on isle 8. I've shopped there and have purchased my appliances there. But after they poor customer service home depot you now have my business I will go out of my way to be treated like a customer.

Lowes - Cashier Review from Newark, New Jersey

My second time at loews in 253-01 Rockaway Blvd , Rosedale , ny . I had a list with over $2000 dollar work of Hardware item to buy . When I went there and ask multiple employees they told me I am on my Break , I don't work in this isle , let me page some one , they will walk away and very rude . The cashiers are very rude too . Some materials aren't on the shelf when u ask , they will tell u I will get some one and they will dissappear . . The cashier will get in your face too .
Don1954

Same experience here in Kissimmee Florida ( Osceola pkwy). Three employees standing in isle , I asked for help ....

To just eyeball somthing for me as my eyes aren't the greatest . one guy said " I have bad eyesight" other guy " not my dept" , third guy " I'm just a fork lift operator " .....

Felt like telling each one *** , *** , and *** ! Lowes is really low class !

Lowes Cashier

Lowes - Bad Service Review from Newark, New Jersey

Lowes in Paramus, New Jersey, it is the worst service ever, I thought Home Depot was bad, Lowes you are the champion of Bad Service,went to buy a shed , no one in the whole darn store could help , a big *** store with no workers , when we did find someone after a one hour of waiting , Poor Miguel from plumbing tried to help set up a sale for a shed, he did not know the code to put into the computer, when he tried to call someone who works in Lumber , the poor *** could not figure out the system either, could not set up an appt. could not put the sku in every time they tried the darn computer kicks it back out, after 2 hours we left , and they ask us to come back in a few days when someone is working who could do the work, I say give Miguel a big fat raise and train him in lumber, Lowes and their corporation should be ashame of themselves , they run the small businessmen out of their business where there was better service, Lowes you suck you stinks, stop try to be so big. HOW ABOUT HIRING PEOPLE if you are building these giant size stores , you also send people to the homes to do work , and they are not train, You *** a closet door after 2 months it falls apart, you destroy my garage after putting up a new door , you tried to *** my kitchen , I am done with you

Deck Review

Exact same thing happened with our deck. Time..money..and a broken back for disappointment.

Lowes products

Chinese junk, My wife complained that that kitchen facet was leaking, I tried several washers and that fixed it for a while. Then I decided to purchase a new one from Lowes and after 4hours of replacing the faucet it turns out the new one is just a bad if not worse than the old one. I will never set foot in that store again. When I spoke to the manager he told me he would give me a discount on a new faucet if I brought the othere one back. I can`t tell you how angry this makes nme.

Let me guess, you bought the $39 special, right? Did the package say, 'Made In China'? Next.

I hope you realize that no matter where you go everything is made in China or some other overseas place. All you did was annoy the manager when you complained, he's probably glad you aren't coming back

I guess they will be closing the store without your business

View more comments (2)
Lowes Manager

Lowes in Newark, New Jersey - Ridiculous service

Lowes Manager: Both I and my wife are upset with your Toms River NJ store customer service desk people. Their attitudes are awful and insulting. We are both never walking into your stores ever again. A year ago, my wife was told she was *** and called 'a ***' by one of your customer service desk workers while my wife was making a return. She's not forgotten the experience, and she remembers it unpleasantly every time she makes a purchase at your store, even today. She dreads having to walk into Lowes, and dreads having to deal with the customer service desk on a propane bottle return or anything similar. Just today, I went shopping for a few minor things, a dog 'pet' door, pet supplies, some fasteners, and was thinking of checking on kitchen appliance prices; I wanted to surprise my wife with new stainless Freezer / Refrigerator, one with water and ice making options on the door. I entered your store from the contractor entrance, and I have to admit, the people at the contractor entrance are hardly ever a problem. I asked about small 'pet' doors, (I know where the appliances are), and the contractor desk people were friendly, helpful, and had a pretty good attitude; they directed me to the pet aisle, aisle 23. The contrast between the contractor desk was and is in complete contrast to the people working at the other entrance, where my wife was insulted and where I ran into trouble just today. Today I was thrown out of your store. I had a thousand dollars in cash in my pocket. I was going to look at appliances. Dumb. As I walked through the store, toward the pet aisle at the opposite end of the store, two young Lowes women employees approached me, and advised me I had to have my 22 pound Boston Terrier in a cart, or I had to carry her, and that the rules were 'pretty strict.' They oohed and aaahed and remarked how cute my little dog was, and said she was pretty, and I was not surprised at this, she is a cute little dog, but I was surprised at the instructions, so I put my small dog in a cart and continued shopping. As I approached the main customer entrance, a old woman with more hair spray and bottle brunette coloring on her head than common sense stepped out from behind the customer service desk and nastily told me I had to leave the store immediately. I asked why, and she said, "health reasons, the board of health has a law and dogs are not allowed in all stores, it's posted at the entrances." She chaperoned me to the exit and made sure I left. Hmmm. Health reasons? Lowes does sell pet supplies, don't they? My dog was in a cart, as the young lady employees instructed me. Maybe your hair sprayed and brunette in a bottle employee with the foghorn voice doesn't want my dog getting sick from all the leaking pesticide containers in your store, the ones across the aisle from the pet supplies? Is this possible? That must be the health issues she's referring to. Hmmm. I was puzzled. I know Lowes has a pet aisle, I know they do, I've seen it, I've bought pet supplies from it. And, in the space of 30 seconds I was told two different things by employees of Lowes. I left the store with my 22 pound dog under my arm. My little dog was cuddled up, right next to the $1000.00 in cash in my chest pocket. Outside the store I looked for the board of health sign, and couldn't find one, so I walked back in to question the hair spray bottle brunette woman, and before I even got two steps in the door she started shouting in her foghorn voice that I had to leave. No problem. I'll leave, and I'll be *** if I'll ever step back into your store with your nasty people with lousy mixed up insulting attitudes ever again with a thousand dollars in my wallet and high limit credit card. How about that? I left, and made three trips just today to your competitors store where I made my purchases for my projects. They love my little dog there at your competitors store. My wife is never going into your store ever again, and neither am I. Your customer service people are rude, poorly trained, often confused, clueless about the products on the shelves, and frequently nasty. Good luck with your business venture. Go be nasty to someone else. I'm amazed your in business. I've walked past broken leaking pesticide containers broken and spilling and leaking into the aisle in your Toms River store, I've seen pesticides marked down to next to nothing prices and in failing containers leaking into the bins they were thrown into, I've seen pallets of fertilizer with broken bags leaking and tracking up and down aisles, I've seen shelves poorly stocked with the same item at two different prices, damaged goods displayed for sale, incorrect pricing, 'SUPER SALE' items ringing up at 20% and 50% over the marked SALE price, incorrect labeling, no knowledgeable salespeople in sight for hundreds of feet, far too few manned checkout registers, and far too many customer service people who don't know how to operate the registers and handle ordinary transactions. God forbid you actually ask for the SALE PRICE marked on the item on a shelf, at your Toms River store, you'll lose 15 minutes out of your life while the staff slowly drag themselves around in circles seeking whatever special super authority necessary to sell you the item at the price marked on the shelf. I've seen all this, my wife has been treated nastily, and now today, I was thrown out of your store because of a little 22 pound dog, on our way to the pet aisle. I had a THOUSAND DOLLARS CASH in my pocket. Goodbye.
#701972

Hahahaha, just read this. Whoever wrote this is full of it and clearly an unhappy person in life!

@That Girl

Not so..... I know who the customer is talking about the 2 females no longer are there

What the heck does having a "pet aisle" have to do with allowing pets inside the store? Our local grocery store has a pet aisle, can't bring pets in.

The local retail store sells car parts but you're not allowed to drive your car through the store either. Shocking!

commonsense2011

While I love small dogs, I am usually a bit reserved when I am around them in a public setting..some people are afraid of dogs....Lowe's has a policy that the only pet of any kind allowed in the store is a service animal. I'm pretty sure other stores have this same policy, but they don't enforce it because they are afraid they will lose the customer.

I am glad you brought your dog into the store...it's better than leaving it in a car on a hot day with the windows rolled up...

I'm guessing all these previous comments were written by the same person. Sad.

I agree with the other poster on that comment about "runnin over them...I find small dogs to be extremely annoying with that extremely high pitched bark/squeakthat that ALL small dogs seem to have, and what else *** me off is those same dogs barking nonstop when you are trying to talk to a customer and they won't tell that *** dog to shut the *** up! Just once I'd like to turn that same dog into a *** football!!

Then the irresponsible owner keeps saying "What? What? I can't hear you? HUH??

What?" Maybe if they would shut that *** dog the *** up then they could hear what the *** I am trying to say to them. People like you ruin a good shopping trip for everyone else!

Two thumbs up for the comment made by 'Repubbed'!!

Nothing *** me off more than *** such as yourself taking their *** *** little dogs into ANY store and thinking that all the patrons will like him/her...WAKE UP YOU *** ***!!! Not everyone likes little p.o.s.

dogs. AND,who are you to just assume that everyone thinks they are cute!! They are NOT cute in any way shape, or form. I intentionally ran over and squished some p.o.s.

*** Zue or whatever the *** they are called. I made a road pizza outta that dog, and have NO regrets about it! Maybe that will teach you people to leave your *** little dogs at home, cause if I see one in the road, I guarantee you people that I WILL go outta my way to make sure and flatten it! That last dog I squished into the pavement had a real nice blood stain all over the asphalt and I loved hearing it squeak when I hit the mother ***!

I could even hear its bones crunching as I ran over it with my 4x4 truck! How about if the large and giant breed dogs owners take them into a store? See how long people think that is cute!! NOT!

I guess that most people think they have to be polite, well, have you ever thought that there is a reason for health codes...AND lawsuit liability in the event that your so called cute dog bites someone? DUH? You are the reason that dogs are not allowed in stores!! Patron endangerment and liability on the part of the store IF some guest were to get bit or injured by your p.o.s.

dog.

Do yourself a favor and leave that dog at home, cause I guarantee you that IF I see it running loose I WILL run over it. Fortunately by me running over that *** dog there is one less small dog in the world now.

@From someone who enjoys runnin

wow!!!!!!! Talk about a serial killer in the making!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You need to chill out before you do something even more evil where you'll have to serve time.

Nothing infuriates me more than people who bring children into stores, in particular the special kids, they make me friggin' sick. They can't control the kids, the kids break things, and they are always whining at the checkout for candy, wetting their pants, and puking.

The parents are worse, they don't watch the kids, they fight, they argue, and mothers slap their future death row inmates around for the slightest infraction. I've been in retail for 22 years, and there's nothing more that I hate than customers and their kids. If I didn't have to put up with customers at all, I'd have a perfect retail career. I studied hard at the community college to be able to qualify to run this cash register and push that broom around, too, I am a professional, I can face a shelf.

You should know, you readers, you should know. Get mopping, there's a clean up in aisle 5, somebody's kid threw up, obviously he's been licking the handle on the special bus again.

Nothing Irritates me more than people who think it is appropriate to bring dogs into stores. Here is the thing, dog *** and poo indiscriminately.

Lowes sells kitchen wares (This is actually likely the health violation)

Also if you little puppy bit a child or a staff member, the store is liable.

Not to mention, I don't like dogs, I don't have a Dog because I am extremely allergic to dogs. I do my part, and not walk through off leash areas, now you do yours and keep your *** dog out of places they aren't suppose to be.

No Dogs means exactly that.

What part of "No pets allowed" posted on the front door don't you understand??

It is not only unsafe for all customers but unhygenic as well. Have some common sense you *** ***.

If I owned a hardware store and you came in with that ugly mutt I would've shot that mutt like old yeller.

What the *** is wrong with people like you these days. Get some common sense.

@So sad

Why do you feel death to an innocent dog is warranted when the real problem lies with the owner's ignorance? Sounds like a *** reason to pull out your pistol and make yourself feel like a REAL MAN:)

nikalseyn

You start out by saying your wife was insulted and called names last year at this Lowe's but then describe how she doesn't like exchanging propane tanks or even going into the store---but you or someone is continually dragging her (no doubt kicking and screaming??)into the store.

Now, you were asked to leave the store because you brought a 22 pound dog into the store. What *** brings a dog into a store??

This is not France. We do NOT bring dogs into a store. Not only is it dangerous because he could *** a small kid, but un-hygenic.

What the *** is the matter with you?? When I owned my hardware store, I would have told you once to get him and you out of the store and if you didn't, I would have shot him.

@nikalseyn

Why not just shoot the guy? Why do you sickos always want to kill the small dog? This site has some very trigger-happy people on it:/

Bye!

View more comments (16)
Lowes Manager

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111

2449 reviews
2.1
Compare

Lowes in Newark, New Jersey - Terrible customer service

I purchased a Samsung HE dryer From Lowe's of Eatontown, NJ on April 25 2010 along, with an extended service contract and it broke down October 5 2011. I called for service and was given an appt. for the following week with A@E Factory Service. They came on Oct. 11 replaced a belt and informed me the wiring harness was bad. They had to order the part and come back in 8 days Oct. 19. They came and replaced the wiring harness, still didn't work, they said it was the motor. They ordered the motor and gave me an appt. for Oct. 21, never showed up. I called and they said it was my fault they didn't show up because I didn't let them know the part arrived??!!?? They came 4 days later Oct. 25. Replaced the motor, still didn't work, said it was the computer, had to order gave me an appt. for 15 days, Nov 9. Replaced the computer, didn't work it isn't the computer it is the motor. WHAT!!!!!!!! They previously ordered and replaced the wrong motor component????!!!??? (These people couldn't diagnose a head cold) Tech just left I still have no dryer after 5 weeks. Calling A@E does me no good because they don't care that I'm dissatisfied. My hands are tied and I'm at the mercy of A@E. Every time I called they just said "I'M sorry, I understand" but did nothing to help me out. I asked to speak w/a manager and was told "No, he will just tell you the same thing I am." My next appt. is scheduled for Nov. 17. Shame on me for not throwing them out of my house 3weeks ago and buying a new dryer. Don't ever call A@E Factory Service, not even to change a light bulb!!!

Lemon law. Take tje thing back.

Can't believe you haven't