State: New Jersey City: Newark Clear all filters (19 of 4838 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Newark, New Jersey - Lowe's poor store assistance and customer service

Poor advice from Lowe's sales force leaves me with garage door that doesn't fit my house. They will not take return of product. They won't even order me the 2 correct partial panels that I need. I contacted their customer service dept. a week ago and they referred me to a third party that is basically telling me, don't call us, we'll call you. When I contacted the garage door maufacturer Amarr, they told me Lowe's can order the the 2 needed panels themselves. Why is it so difficult to assist an honest customer. My door is open to criminals and racoons for a week and a 1/2 because they don't help at all!
Loss
This past weekend on Saturday 8/11/11 I visited the Lowe's store at 20 International Drive South in Flanders, NJ 07836. I wanted to purchase a new garage door, and told an associate my door was 9 feet wide and they showed me an Amarr door model 500 (#101073 9 x 7)...

9x7 is a standard door. Why didn't YOU take the time to measure the door before you bought it or install it.

Sounds like you cut the top panel. Why do you even think they would want it back? Take responsibility for YOUR mistake. Buying the new door is the correct thing to do as you would need to order three panels.

The two middle panels and the top one you "altered" Typically is costs more to order three replacement panels than to order a complete door. Unfortunately you just had an expensive learning experience: Measure before you buy>

Loss

This is lack of installers from Lowes!

I purchased a dishwasher on line and called to make sure it would be installed. I was told they would and they came the next day with the new dishwasher. I then found out they were not going to install it as I did not purchase in the store and sign a contract. That was not told to me. After numerous calls to the manager of appliances I went to the store. They could not find my order (although I showed it to them on my iphone) and the appliance manager was not to be found. After 2 unsatisfying hours I left. I still have the dishwasher in my kitchen in a box

this was successfully resolved and they did install the dishwasher free of charge

Not a lot of people know that a contract has to be signed for a dishwasher to be installer. It requires a little bit of plumbing, so they are required to have a plumber do it.

In your defense, you were told by the rep.

(did you get his/her name?)that Lowe's would install the dishwasher. Contact the district manager or corporate if you haven't already.

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Newark, New Jersey - Lowe's delivery no show

I ordered a whirlpool washer 3 weeks ago and they still haven't delivered it yet. I contacted the North Bergen Lowe's and the delivery dept doesnt even pick up the phone. So I spoke with the operator who told me it wasn't in stock yet and they were waiting for the washer. I called back again and another worker told me it was scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Who are they kidding? They are liars and do not have any respect for their customers. I am very disappointed at Lowe's. I cancelled my order and if they don't credit the full amount I'm getting a lawyer. They just lost another customer.

If you got your money back you cannot sue them. Why are people so "sue happy" Hopefully the lawyer takes your money before telling you you dont' have a case.

Why would the delivery dept pick up the phone if they are on the road DELIVERING!!

View more comments (1)
Review
#192608 Review #192608 is a subjective opinion of poster.

LOWES coupon RIP OFF

LOWES rips off consumers who use coupons. They hate to see you save money. After 4 attempts I refuse to shop here anymore. Each time I go to the customer service desk...more arguments to get something corrected which is legally mine...they add the price of a coupon to your order instead of deducting. They refuse to use manufacturer coupons with a LOWES 10 % off coupon. It is such a rip off...they do everything to discourage you from savings $$. I had ten dollars in Scotts coupons which they refused to honor...I went to home depot and had no problems. I am now a HOME Depot customer and refuse to spend any money at Lowes.

I got my coupons from www.BestCouponUS.com

I used to work at a Lowe's and most of the stores' computer systems actually do not allow a stacked coupon. You can actually see the pricing fluctuate back up once you scan in the second coupon.

Lowes also cheated me out of my coupon savings...I would never shop there again. The pricing is not that good. Coupons are for consumers to save money not for Lowes to cheat me out of savings.

I too had problems with Lowes coupons..I had 4 manufacturer coupons totalling 25 dollars ...Lowes refused to take more than 2....LOWES IS A RIPOFF...That is why they are called the lowest of LOWES!!!90732

It clearly states on all the Lowe's coupons that it cannot be combined with other discounts. You can use as many manufacture coupons as you like.

The system will not let you combine the 10% off of the discount you already got. Can't get something for nothing.

I would never shop at Lowes...pricing is much better at Home depot and the employees are more helpful at Home Depot...no problems with couopons at HD either.

sounds like Bub is a Lowes lover or works for them...guess Bub likes being ripped off by big companies75

I wish I had a coupon that entitled me to listen to 10% less of your whining.

View more comments (7)
Review

LOWES rips you off with coupons

After four times being ripped off by LOWES I refuse to go to this store anymore. I had 2 - $5.00 coupons for Scotts turf builder. First I was told I could not use..then the supervisor which I had the cashier call said it was fine to use as I had 2 of the product. So the cashier rang up and the coupons did not come off...I had to go to the customer service desk. Warning watch your receipt at LOWES - they rip you off with coupons...then you have to be inconvienced and go to the customer service desk to correct....which they do reluctantly. I refuse to shop here anymore....go to Home Depot or any other hardward store....stay away from Lowes....the biggest rip off store going.

Maybe it was the Lowe's you went to. I have never had a problem using coupons there.

I have plenty of 10% off coupons and I have used them in conjunction w/product coupons. I would call Lowe's corporate and more than likely they will send you a gift card for your dissatisfaction.

I have a particular Lowe's that I will no longer shop at. They were so bad that after purchasing $1200 in custom shades that they took off $400 off of my order.

Review

Lowes in Newark, New Jersey - Joseph saberi i emailed about him and to date no response

i emailed about a district manager about month ago and to date , no response on wht had happened. i like to no why i didnt get a response, cuz he is a lousy district manager with no ways of talking to a consumer who has purchased thousands of dollars from lowes. i would like a response asap it was about a fense i had a contract for and all expunged from computer as i have asked for after measuring for a fene and making a contract it was denied by a phone call saying couldnt do it cuz i had an ing pool that a salesman overlooked

Lowes in Newark, New Jersey - Dishwasher purchase

I bought a dishwasher from Lowes.com. I made the purchase over the phone after viewing it online and paid by creditcard 3 days ago. I still have not been contacted with any delivery schedule! I have been put on hold by the store waiting for a manager for more than 20 minutes and hung up. I called the Lowes.com number 4 times today and gave up after waiting mre than 30 minutes for anyone just to answer the phone!! How does this company stay in buisness? How do they sell anything if they don't bother to answer the phone?

I went to the store and had a great customer service experience. Our delivery was scheduled before we left the store. :grin

Lowes in Newark, New Jersey - Lied, lied lied

we purchase a refrigerator at the mt. olive nj store and was told it would be delivered next day and someone would notify us by 9:00pm that evening. i had to call the store at 9:45 to confirm delivery and was told between 8:00 and 12:00 it would be there. of course that never happened and was told they tried to call(lie) and it would be there at 5:00pm. who is going to replace lost food. not them. never will i set foot in lowe's or even recomend that store. home depot winner.

Are you planning on suing lowes kerry? Why don't you ask for help?

Do you know where the blue carts are? If you're lifting something heavy get help if it's a 2x4x8 get a life

lowes sucks dont ever buy lumber there you never get offered help. been there a million times to buy lumber and never get any help!

just a matter of time and they will get a law suit when someone gets hurt! come on people get your *** together!

this is for the moline quad cities store illinois. if im there to spend my hard earned money i expect help damnit!

Perhaps you they did call and you had the wrong number. Don't just assume people are lying.

Unless you make a habit of lying and expect the same from other's. Or perhaps you did not hear the phone ring because you were outside or something.

View more comments (3)