State: New York Clear all filters (210 of 4916 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

Lowes review in Warwick, New York: Delivered 2 out of 3. No stock.

I purchased 3 appliances from the Lowes in Newburgh NY and when it was delivered, i got 2. When asked where the 3rd one was the delivery guy said it was out of stock. Mean while when i bought it there were plenty. 2 weeks later im here still waiting for them to redeliver it. Trying to get help from the Lowes store where i bought it is a nightmare by phone. Customer svc is total *** by by all means.They call you but only do it to cover there own ***.Get in touch with their corporate office and *** to ***, Never ever again. Newburgh,NY. Recomend taking the item with you if small enough.

Lowes review in New York, New York: Lowe's 2nd Avenue Store Brooklyn, NY

For some reason, it is next to impossible to get anyone to answer the phone at this Lowe's location in Brooklyn. I wanted to order an expensive appliance from them and just called to see if it was in stock. For several days, I couldn't get anyone to answer the phone in the appliance department or the managers office. I'm glad I took my business elsewhere because God forbide I ordered it and needed to call someone there for a problem. This location is sorely lacking in customer service - try another or better yet, Home Depot or PC Richard.

i wouldn't even call it 'customer service' because the service part doesn't exist. not only was it impossible to get a person on the phone, but even closer to impossible to get a manager to help you with ANYTHING.

i ordered an AC to be delivered, they forgot to call me to make an appointment so i called them. they assured me product was in stock. they call the night before to let me know the time window it should arrive. i stay home from work with the intention of going in late so someone would be home for it to be delivered only to get a call at noon (the delivery window was 9-1) telling me they were out of stock of the AC i ordered.

no apologies, no excuses, nothing. trying to fix the problem? forget it.

they could care less. terrible terrible communication and very poorly handled.

www.lowes-lawsuits.com

View more comments (1)

Incompetence of Lowes Staten Island store service

This has been the latest bad experience with Lowe's Staten Island Store. I went to buy air conditioners to this store. The Lowe's store personnel named Derek was sent by customer service to answer a few of my questions about my requirement before buying the product. But to my utter surprise and angst this person Derek was so rude that he did not answer any of the questions. He kept on murmuring something, which I could not understand, and behaved as if he was in some other world. So, I left without purchasing the product. It is surprising that customer service is the means by which the companies can distinguish themselves; I can go to Costco, Walmart or Sears and can get the same product. I will think twice, and will probably go to Lowe as a LAST OPTION.

Derek...

I know exactly who that is. I got no help from him either. He isn't new, just ***

Hi! I am LOWES KNOWS and I am *** ***.

You probably work for the *** Home Depot you little ***! First off, Derek could be new.

Second, Lowe's doesn't need your snooty *** as a customer, they have plenty more. So shut the *** up!

www.lowes-lawsuits.com

View more comments (2)

Lowes review in Mahopac, New York: Yeah, we believe this

having an intimate first hand knowledge of lowes ccic *** you can say almost anything. eg: I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR 45 MINUTES for my grill yeah right. just the other day a customer came in on a sunday when we open at 8am and said he was waiting for 25 minutes and it was exactly 8:12am. the 5.00 an hour dolts that take your phone calls may believe this but we dont.........I will make you wait longer at the customer service desk. Just because you spend a couple of hundred dollars in the store does not give you ownership of the people in front of you......remember the louder you yell the less help you get

You customers of lowes make me want to vomit. WHO needs you???

All you do is *** and complain.

Go to home depot. like we care.

my favorite was watching a man ask an employee for help loading a 4x8 sheet of 1/4 luan plywood. The employee, WITH TWO BROKEN ARMS IN CASTS picked up the plywood, and put it on the guys roof rack and went inside. He didnt say thank you to the guy sothe customer went in and complained about the "poor loading service"

:grin :grin Well said friend.

If they don't like Lowe's they can go to Home Depot. :p

#20502

oh boo hoo.

"I don't know" is NEVER an acceptable answer from somebody in retail unless it is IMMEDIATELY followed by the words "but I'll find out for you.".

Otherwise saying "I don't know" or "There's nothing I can do about it" = the same thing as you telling the customer to "*** off".

If you hate your retail job so bad, grow up & move out of your mommy's basement. Go get a real job.

#20501

apparently some *** at Lowes doesn't understand that what they are getting paid to do is called "customer service".

When you work retail, it doesn't matter what you 'title' is or what position you work in -- your job is ALWAYS customer service.

Oh, you people are full of it. There are dedicated people and losers in all fields, but the Lowe's in my area has an unbelievable amount of incompetent, apathetic employees.

I am not a yeller or demander. I know different people have different limits.

I won't expect a one legged man to walk fast and I do not expect that all or most Lowe's employees are capable of giving even barely adequate service. The uniform here should be a big squishy red nose and big floppy shoes, not aprons.

I am a cashier at Lowe's and I feel like I have a target painted on my forehead. Customer's think that if they yell at me for any inconvenience they have sustained, that I can actually do something about it.

People!

If you have a problem, grow a spine and talk to the manager. The cashier is the bottom of the food chain and we ARE NOT your whipping boy.

Yes, what makes the public think that they can treat me like dirt on the floor? I have worked retail for many years and no matter what filthy word that comes out of the customer's mouth I am supposed to smile and give great customer service?

I do just that because I believe in the company that I work for but, too many of the general public think the louder they yell or the more obnoxious they become... we will give them something for free because they feel we owe it to them.

View more comments (7)

Lowes review in Southhampton, New York: Lowe's Delivery is the Worst

When buying a frig Lowe's promised to hookup the new ice maker to the existing line. It also clearly states on their website that they provide this service ( www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=pg&p=ApplianceAdvantage ). The delivery was late, the delivery person had a bad attitude when he walked into my home. He had to use my husband's tools, he never turned the frig on, didn't take out the packaging inside, or a number of other things they were supposed to do. When I told him he was supposed to hookup the ice maker, he said he doesn't do that. I told him I would not sign the receipt until he hooked up the ice maker. He then started taking the frig out of my home. I told him I would sign the receipt and complain about him to his company, so he left the frig sitting in the middle of my kitchen floor, unhooked and my old frig in my drive and left. I will NEVER buy anything from Lowes ever again.
Service
Lowes Delivery Service

Lowes review in Highland Mills, New York: Shady Advertising on Lowe's Installation & Delivery Service

I recently visited Lowes in Newton NJ (twice) to purchase a dishwasher and over the range microwave. I work in the corporate office for a rather large retailer and frankly, I am shocked at the service I received! Lowes latest commercials "suggest" that they will deliver, install and remove an existing appliance from your home for free. On two separate occasions I attempted to make two large appliance purchases. I was going to be charged for two separate installations - no deal was willing to be made because "I was not spending enough money" and the purchases could not be combined. My second attempt, I requested that one be installed and one be delivered. Again hit with not 2 but 3 separate fees. Installation Fee, Delivery Fee and I had to buy an installation kit - whether or not I really needed it. Again no deal could be made because I was not spending the threshold amount of money. When I told the associate that I was re-modeling my entire house and would go to another retailer - the associate had no problem with me leaving the store and didnt even attempt to contact a manger to see what could be done.

nothing is free, stop trying to get everything for free, leaches, complain complain and lie to get any discount. no wonder our civilization is so screwed up. everyone is trying to take advantage or say I'll go elsewhere, thinking everyone is going to give them the world.

Hey....where's the *** who signs in as Lowes Knows with his "lawsuits" one line comment on this one? Seems like that is his "catchphrase" in this forum. Just remember, he's just a pissed off ex-employee no doubt who can think of nothing meaningful to say.

#20452

That wasn't my experience. I bought a new refrigerator last Friday night before the store closed and I was happy to be told my new refrigerator would be delivered Sunday AM as I asked.

It showed up, nice guys hooked it up and removed the old one. I'd buy again.

View more comments (2)
Service
Lowes Installation

Lowes review in Hancock, New York: I can not get any help

I purchased a washer and dryer in 12/06. I did not purchase the extended warrienty. It is now broke. I called the service center and the only number of the company that service's them can not get to me for 6 weeks. I called my local lowe's store vestal ny and I was informed that I had no other options. This is crazy. I did not think my washer would break in that little time. I paid a lot of money for this washer. If this is the kind of service that I am getting from purchasing appliances for your company I will not be doing it again. Thanks Sarah Geer

I couldn't agree with CC more. I work for Lowe's, and you would not beleive the customers who blame us, the employee's personally, when their out of warranty appliances break down!

Many of these issues are sheer customer ignorance such as installing said appliance themselves, doing their own hook-ups, overloading the washer, dropping it off the truck when they take it themselves, stuff like that, then it's OUR FAULT when it quits working. That is why the manufacturer's do not accept these items back after a certain amount of time, therefore, the store cannot give a refund on them as they will not be reimbursed by the manufacturer. The best bet, which is what we do, when this happens, is try to work with the customer AND the manufacturer rep and try to resolve the issue for all of us. Sometimes the squeaky wheel does get the grease, as they say.

Sometimes, though, sadly, they do dig in their heels, and the customer is then forced to purchase another brand, as they feel betrayed by that particular model.

Funny, but then they are all for the $59 delivery charge, which includes professional set-up by our delivery team!! :)

This is not the fault of Lowe's. The manufacturer is responsible for the products they make.

And most manufacturers only warranty their products for 12 months.

This tells you that they only guarantee it will work for 1 year. Try calling the people who made the washer and dryer and see what they can do for you.

View more comments (1)

Lowes review in Albany, New York: Lowe's should hire cleaning people

iI'm A costumer at Lowe's and I really don't like how this store treat they own employees as servents.They showld have they own cleaning department they shouldn't have employees cleaning the store.Especially the bathrooms that is very sad how this company with a lot money and they use thths people like this that as low the can get.Also they let other employees threat bad the others cashiers like they are nothing with no respect.Most the time I don't have help and see managers walking by and the are in the phone and no ask if I need help.Lowe's talk thing about other store but don't really look them self first.

i worked for lowes a VERY short time. i was hired as a CASHIER!!!!!!!!

yet i found myself pushing carts, and being asked to clean *** off of a toilet seat, which i did not do! in my job title, i did not agree to cleaning restrooms, or pushing carts, i have great retail experiance with my previous jobs, who i have left out of boredom. i thought owes would be a fun enviroment until i realised all the young girls are 18 and already have 15 kids, as well as being full time alcoholics. cleaning people should be hired, why would it be degrating for a CLEANING person to CLEAN.

cashiers are for ringing up sales, customer service, and greeting.

if i wanted side work, i would have been a server.thank god i only have to work voluntarily because i get bored sitting at home all day! iv decided works just not for me!

aRE YOU TO PROUD TO CLEAN THE BATHROOMS. yOU SHOULD BE HAPPY YOU EVEN HAVE THAT JOB.

sOME PEOPLE WOOULD BE HAPPY TO GET PAID TO CLEAN THE BATHROOMS. iF YOU DO NOT WANT TO CLEAN THE BATHROOMS QUITE YOUR JOB AND GO TO COLLEGE.

aND IF YOU QUITE YOUR JOB STAY OFF OF WELLFAIR. yOUR ARE A *** ***.

So Lowes should let go of the people they are paying to clean, or take those hours away from them, and pay a cleaning crew because the work is degrading? So wouldn't they be degrading the cleaning people? Who cares what you are doing as long as you are getting paid for it...

***..By the way no matter what you say in your first line, we all know you are an employee, not a customer, or costumer or whatever you wrote, alothough I am suprised you were able to fill out the app by yourself.**

Where the *** did you go to grammar school?? It is tough times right now.

If you own that business you would not have spent the payroll that company does to keep their Great looking stores.

If you don't like working there and don't want to clean bathrooms.. go somewhere else and work in a filthy dump like yourself...

View more comments (3)

Lowes review in Albany, New York: Cosumer complaint

your store no 1740 has a rude service manager by the name of joe. he ranks above a man named matt brown. joe needs an attitude adjustment, however matt should be promoted. i philp carlotti had a problem which matt kindly took care off i say thank you to him and humbug to joe. as a result of matt i will not be going to home depot. ipersonally like lowes and have frequented your stores in all the f for matt sstates i have resided. thanking you in advan ce for matt sincerely philip carlotti.ps im adding these words to complete the minimum requirement.
Review
#119109 Review #119109 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Lowes review in Syracuse, New York: Phoneperson rude on exchanging broken patio stove

In June of 2007 we bought an outdoor pottery stove which is model #10400 item#236288. In the fall when we picked it up to store for the winter the stove shattered into pieces (which we have) Used six times. We thought it would be polite to wait until after the holidays to check on it.January, our salesman, Mark said to contact Garden Treasures but the lady was so rude we got no help. Can we return this to the Lowes store for an exchange? We were so pleased to have Lowes move here but need better return service.

The pacstove is superior in quality to all the fire pits, and contraptions i saw at lowes. Mostly thin metal junk from overseas. I bought one and have had it for a long time now.

Hello, sorry you had such a problem with that stove. Its a fact that 98% of what you find in most major retailers these days is cheap chinese garbage.

I call it land fill. Thats where most of it ends up only after a very short visit at your house. Anyway, i thought i might turn you on to a nice little stove made right here in america. Its called the PAC stove.

They are built tough, and they do not practice engineered obsolescence. That means, company's that do, make it just strong enough to last a few uses, then something breaks and you have to buy a whole new one.

Here is their web site. www.pacstove.com I've had one for quite a while, and i dont think this thing will visit the land fill for a looon time.

As with EVERY retailer out there...Lowe's sells products that OTHER companies make.

They give you a time frame to return a product. After that you have to contact the manufacturer.

Outdoor fireplaces (which is what I think you actually have...not a stove...Garden Treasures does not make stoves) have a tendency to shatter if the heat from the fire gets too high. This means that you probably had too much wood inside of it burning at one time, and the temperature surpassed the limit for the metal.

This is common among *** consumers who DO NOT READ THE BOX OR INSTRUCTIONS OF THE PRODUCTS THEY BUY!!!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

@Hates *** people

First, I would like to thank you for pointing out that yes, we sell products from other companies. As such, we have a return policy. I have often been on the receiving ends of complaints such as "Your *** product ____" and you can fill in the variety of blaming terms.

One, the outdoor fireplace is a seasonal item. Therefore, waiting until January unfortunately does not help. Even if we had one, you are a bit beyond the return policy, and two, even if we did return it, we would not have one to give to you. It is 50/50, but normally you will be directed to the manufacturer because anything outside of our return policy falls into their lap! However, with it shattering (and you still having the pieces... You would be amazed how many people just bring us a receipt and expect us to give them their money back!! Like dead plants, for instance..), you might have a better chance. I would suggest asking the GT rep for a possible return merchandise authorization number (RMA) to give to Lowe's to assist you in returning it. If they give a number that we can use for credit, you have better luck. (Remember, return policy is only good for 90 days max, sometimes only 30)

I am sure no one cares how it affects us as a store - everyone has a mentality that they are right and should be 100% appeased. However, when we make exceptions, that often means we lose out on money as well. Some manufacturer's will not even give us a refund for the money we refunded back to you unless we have an RMA #.

Stuff breaks. Life happens. I have never personally returned an item to a store after I had used it multiple times, and then have it break on me. I just make a note not to buy the same thing next time!

View more comments (3)