State: New York Clear all filters (210 of 4844 reviews match)
filters
Show

Lowes in Poughkeepsie, New York - Lowe's again didn't get it right

Lowes - Lowe's again didn't get it right
Lowes - Lowe's again didn't get it right
We ordered expensive blinds on 8/17/17. We borrowed a sample book for $25 and were told it would be given back when we returned the book. In typical Lowe's style, we had to fight for the refund as they said it was not on the sale slip and they did not want to refund that amount...don't remember what the amount was that they said. So from the Interior Home dept to the checkout the price changed and they can't find a record of anything. They were installed about 8 weeks later or so. All went well however the installer noticed on THE DAY HE INSTALLED them that two of the blinds were 4" too SHORT. He photographed the blinds and reported this defect to the Home Department at the Poughkeepsie Lowes. The Poughkeepsie Lowes had from the day of installation until October 15th to address the issue the installer had made them aware of. His hope was that they would send new ones and he could install them before we moved in or soon after. No such luck. Lowes did absolutly NOTHING. When we moved in on Oct 15 I shut the blind to find they were too short. I then called Lowes to notify them of this and no one mentioned that they already knew of this or that new ones had been made. The installer came back to fix a problem he had thought he had addressed weeks earlier. He took new photos and resubmitted everything. Now we have to wait another number of weeks when this all could have been avoided. Why were they cut too short to start with? It clearly says how long they should be on the shade itself. Who cut it and why did they not read the information? Unfortunately, this is typical of Lowe's; messes up the order, don't follow through and make the issue bigger than it needs to be while inconviencing the buyer and making them fed up with Lowes. At this point Lowes has a 100% mess up a custom rate. Lowes communication verbally and via their computer system is terrible. Many of the staff complain of how antiquated the computer system is and how it's hard to correct thing and to operate it in general. Once I complain online, I usually get someone higher up who fixes the problems. Going in to the store is a frustrating experience that usually takes an hour per issue. The help desk people are overwhelmed, not empathetic and tend not to fix things. The head managers will take over, make things right, give me a gift card to make up for all my wasted time and we are generally good again until a custom order is initiated.

If you've shopped at Lowe's enough times to know what is "typical" and you are still frustrated then why don't you *** off and stop shopping there? It's that simple.

DLDL
@FO

Not so simple. We live in the country so there are few stores close by.

In addition, all of these issues stem from one initial visit.

We had hoped that after the last fiasco, we were done with them, however months later, thing are still popping up. Thanks for reading our post.

Preferred solution
send us the correct length of blinds, get the installer back out and finish the project and give me a $100 gift card
Tags
  • Window Blinds

Lowes in Orangeburg, New York - PRIMO water bottle SCAM!

We have used Primo 5 gallon water from Lowes for years. Now after remodeling the kitchen we no longer need a water cooler. So returning all our empty bottles and globs of tickets for previous bottle returns to Lowes for a deposit return was the next step right? Not according to Lowes. Lowes tells me now that the deposit I paid for years on PRIMO water bottles is not a deposit and i do not get any money back for the bottles. Really? Every cashier over at Lowes told me it was a deposit whenever i bought a new bottle. What a total SCAM. You should be ashamed of yourself. Word of mouth and social media is a very powerful tool! NEVER AGAIN LOWES! Back to Home Depot! For everything!

should've read the fine print like this:

"THIS IS NOT A DEPOSIT PROGRAM. NO CASH GIVEN FOR RETURNED BOTTLES.

RECYCLE CREDIT CAN ONLY BE USED FOR PURCHASE OF A PRIMO WATER BOTTLE AT

THE CHECKSTAND. YOU OWN THE BOTTLE."

you needed to turn in old one each time you went in--not save them up--they not like the old 16 oz glass soda bottles...

Review
Cons
  • Primo water bottle deposit return scam

Lowes in Amherst, New York - Vinly flooring

2.2
Order waterproof vinyl flooring at a Lowe's on Niagara falls Blvd. Amherst NY. Never received a call about the order for 9 days called left several messages to no avail. On the 12th day had to drive to Lowes and spoke a manager Rick who told me my order was in and has been in for days. The customer service at Lowes in Amherst NY is awful and young lady in flooring has terrible customer service skills and need to be retrained in the proper way to help customers. I spent a lot of money for the flooring and will I ever spend money at Lowes again NO.

They got you to come back to the store. The young lady in flooring actually did exactly what she was trained by Lowe's to do.

It's all about getting as many customers as possible to make as many trips as possible to the store. Figure it out.

@Anonymous

Completely false. Lowe's although does track customer traffic, it values quality customer interactions far greater then overall traffic metrics.

You are wrong.

Lowes in Hudson, New York - Durability is a thing of the past

3.2
Who would ever think that a Kitchen Faucet would figure in as the "planned obsolescence" method of producing things in this day and age. After deciding to remove the Kitchen sink and faucet that were installed in 1950 when my house was built because it was an outdated look, We bought a new stainless kitchen sink and a modern curved neck, brushed nickel, faucet with a soap pump and special head that could click back & forth between steady Stream and spray. The faucet's head was on a hose that could be pulled out in order to reach different areas of the sink. The entire sink and faucet were installed by a Licensed plumber so that it would be done correctly. 6 weeks later, we are now experiencing a problem with the faucet's head. Once you switch the Stream from steady Stream to spray, it takes about 20 repeated times of pushing the little button before it decides to return to steady Stream. We no longer have the store's receipt nor even the box the faucet came in. All we now have is a $228.60 plus tax defective faucet we're presently resigned to using without the Spray option out of fear that it will completely fall apart if we keep trying to use it!

First things first....Quit blaming stores because you can't hang onto your receipts. A $228 faucet would have a warranty.

Put your receipts in a file so you have them if you need to file a claim. That being said...

have you contacted the manufacturer of the faucet? You'd be surprised how helpful the customer service departments are for the major faucet manufacturers.

Having built a home in 2004 and by 2014 every fixture needs repair or leaks, we just limp along having matured to the point we can't DIY.

Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
I'm skunked as I no longer have either the receipt nor the box the faucet came in, I'll have to buy another faucet in the future - "Let the Buyer beware"

Lowes in Medford, New York - I hate self check out

I shopped in your Medford N Y store today , there was no one at the check out counter and I was forced to use the self check out , which I hate because one person runs six check outs , eliminating 5 jobs , I am going to stop shopping at your stores and go back to home depot good bye forever and now to aggravate me more you wont take my complaint because I didn't have 100 words Enough is enough enough enough enough enough enough enough enough enough enough enough enough enough enough enough now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now

there are numerous inventions/upgrades that cost jobs...assembly line being great example

why pick on self checkout?

Home Depot has self checkout too. What is your actual complaint?

You want low prices and you get them because Lowe's and Home depot have low overhead.

One of the ways to accomplish that is to have fewer people on staff, thus the self checkout. If you want full service, maybe you should have shopped at the locally owned businesses before they all went under 30 years ago!

Self checkouts are great. Home Depot haas them as well.

You can check out much faster at the self check out lanes. I always use them unless I have large items to scan and need a cashiers help.

View more comments (2)
Poor customer service

Horrendous customer service,Lowes In Yonkers NY.

Purchased a refrigerator, was supposed to be a 24 hour delivery. 6 days later, no refrigerator. Countless excuses and problems with ordering, contacting the store and the delivery service they use (xpo). Save yourself some headaches and go to Home Depot or PC Richards for appliances.

There's probably more to the story than you are telling. Items stocked in the store or a local warehouse should be delivered the next day.

Unfortunately there are times that a popular item may run out of stock. When that happens more have to be brought in from the manufacturers distribution center.

Problem with delivery

Lowes in Bay Shore, New York - Entry Door - Wrong color - no door *** - wrong hardware for strom door.

I ordered an entry door from Loews = I wanted a black door with Oval Lite window. The salesman hit the wrong color. I didn't catch it. The receipt for the storm door - with black trim was on top and it noted the color black. The door came in in the color Eclipse. This happens to be a navy or midnight navy blue - in some lights your can't tell. Took me a while to catch it. The door had no door *** I understand now they do not come with door knobs. Could I have been told that. My carpenter is at the house installing the door and I have to run out and purchase the door *** 2nd. The storm door comes in with the wrong hardware - so the door handle opens incorrectly. Sad to say - I thought Loews was step up. It is a step down - I will never purchase from them again. Sales people should be informed and help the customer.

Store employees do their best to get you the products you want. Sometimes they make the error, sometimes it's how the customer communicates their desires.

They reason they print the orders out for you is so that you can review them and make sure you are getting what you want. Having worked in retail for over 40 years 90% of the time customers will blame the salesperson. Its odd that the customers feel they are so perfect and it's only possible for a salesperson to make a mistake. Your post even indicates you assume things rather than asking.

For example, the door *** There are multiple brands, colors and styles of door knobs available. Why would you assume they would pick one and include it with the door? I pitty the next store you choose.

You won't find that their salespeople are perfect either, nor will they be able to read your mind and know what you are assuming about the products you are purchasing. Next time take a little time to learn about the products you are shopping for before making a purchase.

Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Brockport, New York - I HAVE NEVER HAD CUSTOMER SERVICE THIS BAD.

ORDERED ONLINE FOR A DELIVERY. AFTER A WEEK I CALLED TO SEE WHEN MY ORDER WOULD ARRIVE. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP SAID IT WOULD TAKE A MONTH FOR MY ITEM TO COME IN. THE SITE WAS SHOWING THE STORE HAD 8 IN STOCK. I CANCELLED DELIVERY AND DECIDED TO PICK IT UP. I CALLED IN ADVANCE TO LET THEM KNOW THAT I WAS ON MY WAY. I GAVE CUSTOMER SERVICE MY INFO AND SHE SAID THEY WOULD HAVE IT RIGHT OUT FOR ME. ONE HR LATER A MANAGER ASKED IF I WAS WAITING FOR SOMETHING. HE WENT TO CHECK ON THE ITEM. THIRTY MINUTES LATER HE GAVE ME THE THUMBS UP AND SAID THAT THEY WERE WORKING ON IT. 15 MINUTES LATER I LEFT WITHOUT MY ITEM. GOOD WORK BROCKPORT NY LOWES YOU SUCK!! LOOKS LIKE HOME DEPOT FROM NOW ON.

Lowes in Amsterdam, New York - Rude Employee

3.6
My company usually conducts its business at the Utica NY store #0523. We have been contracted to complete several large projects in the Amsterdam area and have been utilizing store #1880 for most of our material needs. This stores customer service is by far the worst my company has ever experienced. On two (2) separate occasions, while needing assistance in the stores electrical department our company employees and I were carelessly ignored by the electrical dept. employee named "Sue" This Employee with the name "Sue" presented on her tag was aimlessly having a personal conversation with another Lowes employee. While three (3) of my Employees and I waited (While on the clock ) for assistance. the lowes electrical assistant remained engrossed in her conversation while disregarding my waiting, paid and very annoyed employees. After 20 Min of waiting, "Sue" walked past my employees and I to reset the "Special assistance needed in electrical button" and proceeded to inform us that she would be, "Right with us" returning to her very important conversation with another smiling employee. We promptly left the store leaving our items behind. our first encounter with this "Sue" On a previous occasion, while requiring assistance in the same electrical dept. we waited for someone to respond to the assistance button. After waiting a few moments, we proceeded to the Pro desk to request assistance. Low and behold, there was the Electrical dept. assistant having a personal conversation with another employee. (How do I know this conversation was personal? Because it took both of those employees several minutes to acknowledge us and we overheard their entire conversation.) We were told that she would be right there. After a 15 minute wait we approached this Sue once again, and were met with annoyance for interrupting her complaints to another employee. Your employee did follow us back to her dept but was not helpful to say the least. I assumed she was having a bad day, after all we all do sometimes, until the second encounter I realized that this employee was just a rude, ornery and unknowledgeable person. This poor service forced us to experience your competitor the Home Depot where we found the employees in their electrical dept, professional, courteous and very willing to help. I regret that after years of conducting business at lowes we will now spend our money at a more contractor friendly establishment.
Review
Pros
  • Most stores
Cons
  • Store employee
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Woodmere, New York - Complaint about a manager his name is Mr. Woody branch 253-01Rockaway Blvd Rosedale, NY 11422

Dear Sir/Madam, Actually, to work for one of the biggest brand names in the Market as Lowes suppose to be an honored and must make sure the clients are always happy and satisfied with the service because the challenging in the Market is very touch nowadays. I'm one of the clients had a very bad experience with Lowes and will never ever deal or purchase any products anymore even it is for free. I will deal from now an later one with HomeDepot because it is very important to deal with professionals and not *** service. The reason of this complaint bout this manager (Mr. Woody). He is unprofessional and does not deserve to be a manager. I placed an order for a stand shower on 03/03/2017. I received an email that will arrive to the store on 03/14/2017 for pick up. I find Mr. Ryan is calling me on 03/13/2017 to inform me the vendor has a delay schedule and will be unable to deliver the stand shower on 03/14/2017!!! i said you are call me on 13th and i suppose to stop by tomorrow to pick up my product. The harm I got from the UN-experienced, careless and unprofessional of customer service of Mr. Ryan and management of Mr. Woody as follows: 1- Licensed contractor will demolish the whole Bathroom and will cost me $7,000 i paid him in advance $4,000. The agreement that will start on 03/16/2017 which never happened because the stand shower will not arrived to the store! 2- when i inform the Contractor that he can not start on 03/16/2017 he rescheduled me the first week on September because he is booked! and of course the $4,000 will stay with him 3- I canceled the Hotel reservation since i booked 8 days in a hotel till he finishes. 4- I am leaving the country on vacation 03/28/2017. everything was messed up because there is no coordination from lowes management with the vendor who deals with at a Daily base. if you as Lowes are unprofessional don't expect to deal with a professional vendors. I'm very upset with my bad experience and if no one who cares about Lowes reputation I will cancel my order and I will go to HomeDepot and i will contact the Media , channel 4 and channel 7 to give them a clear picture about my experience with Lowes and pretty sure they will take it from there. My name is Ayman Antoun you can reach me at (718)3950890

An experienced Kitchen & Bath contractor will not begin a full remodel until all materials are on site and inspected for fit and

possibility of any damage on your product. Just an unfortunate situation.

The store doesn't have control over shipping and/freight in most cases.

Relax!

What kind of a fool are you? Most people would appreciate the fact that the store notified you there would be a delay in their order.

Lowes does not manufacturer the shower and can only give you expected delivery dates based on the information they are provided by the manufacturer. I don't know what you expect the store to do. If it isn't an item they have, they can't magically make one appear for you.

Whenever you are working on a project and delivery dates are critical buy a stock item that is in the store. Don't bad mouth a manger because he can't provide things that he realistically can't.

Ayman Antoun :

You do realize that anyone reading this complaint, and it very well be someone who DOES NOT work at Lowes, now has your telephone number, and that person can call you?

Why would you leave your personal phone number on a website that anyone can use?

View more comments (2)
Review
Cons
  • Late delivery
  • Unprofessional management
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Tags