State: New York City: Albany Clear all filters (11 of 4889 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Albany, New York - Don't choose Lowe's for your insulation order

I ordered R-13 insulation from lowes.com over 4 weeks ago, was given an estimated delivery date of 10/3 and still haven't received the insulation yet. Lowe's continues to blame the vendor, but I placed the order with Lowe's, they are responsible for fulfilling that order, keep giving me information that is incorrect and don't seem very motivated to complete the order or "make the customer happy." Multiple times I have been told someone would call me back and no one has; multiple times I have been given delivery dates which have come and gone with no delivery of the insulation. On top of that, Lowe's has billed my credit card already! That charge will clearly be contested.

Do you understand that retail stores don't manufacturer the products they sell? If their suppliers are late in shipping they can't go out in their warehouse and whip up a batch of insulation for you.

All they can give you for expected due dates is what their supplier tells them.

They have no way of knowing if there will be additional delays in their delivery. If you need it now, cancel the order and find another store that has what you need in stock.

Lowes Delivery Service
Reason of review
Order processing issue

Deck Review

Purchased a 5000 plus deck for install over a month later they have all money and I have nothing.

Lowes thanks for nothing

So I order a 200+ dollar medicine cabinet from Lowes on line. I wait for a month for it to be shipped from Kraftmaid. I finally get the call that the cabinet is in so I drive the fifty something miles to go pick it up. They bring this huge and very heavy carton to the service desk and thanked me for my purchase leaving me standing there with this enormous box. So I went and got a shopping carriage, used the service desk for leverage and laid it across the carriage, then loaded It onto my truck by myself. Through this whole process I was not asked once if I needed assistance. It gets better. A few days later I install the cabinet. Not one piece of paper with directions are in that box, but I'm pretty handy so I install it and connect the light bar and screw it in securely. But when I go to put the glass in, the three pieces they gave me were 21 inches and my cabinet measures 28 inches across. I called Lowes to see if I could get the right glass shipped to me, and was told that the item # I have comes up as a vanity and not a medicine cabinet. So I will have to disassemble it, pack it up, and drive it 50 miles back to the store so that they can look at it. Naturally as luck would have it, as I'm disassembling it I chip a piece of the glass. Now I'm really pissed. I will bring back the cabinet and I will get my money back. And if they won't send somebody out to help me bring it in, I swear I'll leave it right in the friggin parking lot. After this, they'll never see my face again in Lowes again, ever!

wow thats ridiculous i work at a lowes in tx and we would never do that to a customer.. if i even see a customer slightly struggling or anything i always ask or try and help them myself.. the lowes you went to needs to learn some customer service

Wow Jeff Sounds like a hosing all the way around on this one. Perhaps asking to speak to the store manager first would have been the answer.

Perhaps he-she would have been able to come up with a solution for you other then you hitching up the buggy for another trek to the store. I happen to know that once in awhile Kraftmaid ships the wrong glass and they would ship the right to you directly. Sounds like you spoke to one of their recently decommissioned sales staff who really could give a *** about your long drive. Leaving it in the parking lot will only cost you the money you paid.

If the store manager refuses to be decent ask for his market directors number.

Bet you get it for close to half price!! Good Luck

Signed one of the recently hosed associates.

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Albany, New York - Veterans discount

bought a stove, denied the dd214 with photo valid license that we always used, had to get an id from the veterans agency, new rule. ok...got photo id from our county veterans agency...talked to corp. and was told once we received the veterans id they would give the discount on prior purchase of stove and that would be sufficient for the 10%. well, got the id, and after i was told there would be no problem with the discount to go to cust. service and they would give it to me..not to my surprise was humiliated and talked down to and we were not going to get it..now a twit said it has to be a green card. lol my husband a vietnam vet, born in the us and have to have a green card. well, after this they can keep the discount, lost a loyal customer. I feel if Lowes can't stand behind their veterans, the veterans can't stand behind them....

Lowes in Albany, New York - Lowe's

I like working at Lowe's but what really makes me sad is the poor management and their lack of caring on important issues and then over emphasizing trivial matters. They will bend over backwards for customers but if you own your own company and just come in to shop at Lowe's just because you work their you get no service or customer service. I find myself on days off when I'm in the store buying stuff answering questions getting pages and phone calls even though I am a customer at that time. I own a company that buys stuff from Lowe's and I am always enticed to shop there since I have a Lowe's AMEX and I get my discount but every time it ceases to amaze me I get hosed. I order windows and they come in with the wrong screens and I'm stuck because managers don't care and don't really want to help you. Then you don't want to complain to the specialist since you work with them. Someone told me to call the care line but then it is like going over your managers head which will only put you under a microscope and probably get you fired. Funny thing is if you returned them it would be a nightmare but they would happily do it for any other customer. It's like a damned if I do and damned if I don't. I called the vendor and he was going to help me by sending people out. I thought this was ridiculous because I had to call the guy I filed a service call but it's like I had to do it all myself on my day off since everyone played dumb, didn't want to help, or didn't care. Since their was another defect he said he'd send someone out and once he found out I worked for Lowe's he never called again and no one came out for a warranty call. I recommend people that work for Lowe's not shop at the store they work at or even a store you know fellow employees at to actually get decent service. For windows I will never shop at Lowe's it is sad for me to say that since I work for Lowe's and have worked for them for 4 years.

Couple things... I agree that while you are an employee and have questions or problems with products it sucks...

It is uncomfortable trying to talk to a co-worker about their mistake and uncomfortable to talk to a manager about returning something. On the other hand, you should not be buying products for your business with your employee discount, it is for personal use only, and no your personal business doesn't count.

With the Lowe's Amex you get 5% off, not your 10%. You should have been told this before, and shame on your managers for not catching it and your fellow employees.for knowingly breaking the rules.

Yes there are people who work for Lowe's and are self employed also. Why would this be so hard to believe.

Some do it for the steady income and medical benefits. You be suprised how many Lowe's employees are self employed.

The managers just look at you like you are trash and they don't care since they Think they have 200 other people to hire and they don't know a thing! Don't Work For Lowes At All You will Be Sorry!!!!

You own your company and work for Lowes? Are you a "troll for Lowes"?

If this is indeed true, you are subject to immediate firing for violating company policy. Using your employee discount for monetary gain. Discount is to offset your low wages at Lowes. They call it a benefit.

Do you offer the products you buy at Lowes to your customers for the same discounted price you paid for them?

I bet not. End of story.

View more comments (3)
Loss

Lowes in Albany, New York - Always very unpleasant cashier

I am a frequent customer at Lowe's 2385. There is one employee who acts like every customer is an inconvenience. She glares at you as you pass by or she's ignores you at the return desk talking to other employees. I had to deal with her a couple times at the return desk and saw that her name is Elaina. She never says hello or have a good day. I'm not against people having tattoos but when you have a nasty attitude along with them it's not a very good image to have for your store.
#195620

I even asked her if she would like to come over to my house for a coffee and she said no. Now when I say hi to her she pretends not to know me.

She completely ignores me.

The manager even talked to me and told me not to harass her. However if she is going to dress like she does then perhaps she wants me.

#195619

I had to deal with this rude Elania today. I was nice to her again.

I told her she had great big *** and she called security again. I asked her if she had any tattoos on her *** another time and she told me she refused to serve me. She is just so rude.

She may be pretty and have good *** but she has a bad unfriendly personality. She only acts like this around me.

View more comments (1)
Review
#200214 Review #200214 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes And The Dangereous Safety Gates

Lowes And The Dangereous Safety Gates
In July of 2008 we purchased vinyl fencing and gates to surround and protect our in ground swimming pool. The gates failed within a few months (Broke apart) and the installer returned and glued them back together. (See the video on Youtube.com of the gates breaking) Shortly thereafter the gates broke apart again. We contacted the local Lowes (Latham, New York) in the spring of 2009 and they said the installer would return to repair the gates. After repeated telephone calls and trips to the Lowes store the installer was schedule to repair the gates on July 9, 2009. He was a no show. At the end of July of 2009 my wife was again in the local Lowes and was approached by an installation person. "Are the repairs done" she asked. "No" replied my wife " the installer did not show." My wife than informed her that it did not matter now as it was too late to open the pool for this year and to just get the installer there when they could. The installer showed up in late September of 2009 to make the gate repairs. The backyard and swimming pool remained closed for the entire season of 2009 because of the broken gates. The gates failed again shortly after the repair and in the spring of 2010 we again approached Lowes requesting they fixed the faulty safety gates. They acted surprised that the gates were again broken. I informed them that I had checked the Internet and others were having the same problems with the vinyl gates. They assured me that the problem would be taken care of immediately! A little upset I contacted the local building department and requested they look at the installation and the product they were selling to protect an in ground swimming pool. The building inspector examined the product and installation and informed me to keep the backyard and pool covered and closed as the gates and fencing were: 1) Of questionable quality to be used as safety gates; 2) gates opened in the wrong direction; 3) the gates were not self-closing; 4) latches did not meet code; 5) and the fence was installed too high from the ground, all in direct violation of New York State Building Code and illegal! Armed with this new information I confronted Lowes installation staff when they again came to my home. The following question and answer transpired between LOWES employee G####, The Installation Supervisor, and John Thornton: MR. THORNTON: "I'm going to ask you a question – how would you like having your kids living on this street with fu##### gates like this with an in ground pool? You would be scared sh##less wouldn't you." GLENN: "Yep" MR. THORNTON: "I've been living like this for almost two years…" (Transcribed from tape recording of this conversation) They agreed to have the installer remove the defective product and reinstall the product correctly to meet building codes. This was finally accomplished in late May of 2010. I than requested that Lowes reimburse us for the loss of our backyard and swimming pool for the year of 2009. Lowes informed me that my wife told them in 2009 that she was not going to open the pool anyway (they had two witnesses to this statement) and I suffered no loss. They offered $500 dollars because I was a good customer after dictating to me the fine points of "contract law." Note: They also informed me that I could not use the audiotapes of their admission of liability and shabby workmanship because they "did not give me permission to tape them." The tape recordings contain admissions that the product used was questionable, installed improperly, and in violation of State law. They also include the installer stating the gates were junk and breaking at most installations he had done and he was tired of fixing them. I can understand why they would not like to have anyone hear the tapes! As an aside, my wife had paid a local pool company a $50.00 deposit to open the pool and clean the decking in May of 2009, a deposit we lost because the pool could not be opened. I refused the $500.00 and left the local Lowe's as I do not intend to allow a company to hide behind "contract law" after the "circus" that occurred at my home. I intend to seek legal relief and expose the "Lowes Shuffle" for what it really is to would be customers.

This matter has been settled by Lowes

Afraid your screwed due. You are not a business so therefore you are not entitled to any relief or recover of lost monies because you couldn't "open" your pool.

Also you are probably lucky that they haven't arrested you concerning the tape. It is illegal to record a conversation without the other party's consent.

If I were you I'd take the $500 and run. You might need it as bail money.

All this drama over a *** swimming pool gate that you bought on the cheap to save as much money as you could. Yea, Lowes sucks but it would have been nice if one night you had sleep-walked through your own yard and past the broken gate and fallen into your pool and drowned in it.

You would have saved us all the trouble of reading your *** post. What a whiney, stuck-up, useless prat.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Installation

Lowes in Albany, New York - Lowe's botched installed tile job

We paid Lowe's to install a rather large tile job in our home after we expereinced a toilet back-up and flood. Neeldess to say, after 4 months the tiles began popping up as the temperature changed outside. All of the tiles on the whole job are now either loose or make a crunching egg shell sound as you walk acrossed them. Lowe's has been in to examine the job with their installer and is now refusing to repair the installation stating there is moisture in the floor and that is why the warranty is void. They popped up 2 tiles in different areas an stated they took a moisture reading of 90%. I am not sure how this is possbile? There is no water anywhere to be found. We now have our lawyer involved and are preparing for legal action.
#119340

I suggest more fiber in your diet in the future to prevent these horrible backups. By the way, if you back your car into a tree and the bumper falls off, its not the autoworkers fault ***!!!

Lowes Installation
Loss
I am an ex employee of Lowe's I worked there for well over a year and put in a lot of time and effort. I took my job seriously and went out of my way to prove that. I came to work sick with the flu or any other illness and waited until i was sent home verses...

I just resigned after PT Lowes for 15 months.@ Sandy Springs, Ga. The store manager--openly ***--& cast of managers--senior Stock Boys--tone & attitude toward associates was terrible.

They were arrogant, no help most of the time & talked to you like you were an ***.

The work load has become total Daily Beat Down with gross understaffing & people leaving.

*** barn yard Manager pushing u all the time.

Glad to be gone.

View more comments
Lowes Manager

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111

2447 reviews
2.1
Compare

Lowes in Albany, New York - Lowe's should hire cleaning people

iI'm A costumer at Lowe's and I really don't like how this store treat they own employees as servents.They showld have they own cleaning department they shouldn't have employees cleaning the store.Especially the bathrooms that is very sad how this company with a lot money and they use thths people like this that as low the can get.Also they let other employees threat bad the others cashiers like they are nothing with no respect.Most the time I don't have help and see managers walking by and the are in the phone and no ask if I need help.Lowe's talk thing about other store but don't really look them self first.

i worked for lowes a VERY short time. i was hired as a CASHIER!!!!!!!!

yet i found myself pushing carts, and being asked to clean *** off of a toilet seat, which i did not do! in my job title, i did not agree to cleaning restrooms, or pushing carts, i have great retail experiance with my previous jobs, who i have left out of boredom. i thought owes would be a fun enviroment until i realised all the young girls are 18 and already have 15 kids, as well as being full time alcoholics. cleaning people should be hired, why would it be degrating for a CLEANING person to CLEAN.

cashiers are for ringing up sales, customer service, and greeting.

if i wanted side work, i would have been a server.thank god i only have to work voluntarily because i get bored sitting at home all day! iv decided works just not for me!

aRE YOU TO PROUD TO CLEAN THE BATHROOMS. yOU SHOULD BE HAPPY YOU EVEN HAVE THAT JOB.

sOME PEOPLE WOOULD BE HAPPY TO GET PAID TO CLEAN THE BATHROOMS. iF YOU DO NOT WANT TO CLEAN THE BATHROOMS QUITE YOUR JOB AND GO TO COLLEGE.

aND IF YOU QUITE YOUR JOB STAY OFF OF WELLFAIR. yOUR ARE A *** ***.

So Lowes should let go of the people they are paying to clean, or take those hours away from them, and pay a cleaning crew because the work is degrading? So wouldn't they be degrading the cleaning people? Who cares what you are doing as long as you are getting paid for it...

***..By the way no matter what you say in your first line, we all know you are an employee, not a customer, or costumer or whatever you wrote, alothough I am suprised you were able to fill out the app by yourself.**

Where the *** did you go to grammar school?? It is tough times right now.

If you own that business you would not have spent the payroll that company does to keep their Great looking stores.

If you don't like working there and don't want to clean bathrooms.. go somewhere else and work in a filthy dump like yourself...

View more comments (3)