State: New York City: Buffalo Clear all filters (12 of 4920 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes Delivery and follow up SUCKS!!

1.5
Lowes Sucks, ...have been trying to have a dryer delivered multiple times, no calls when they cancel the order, reordered twice , rescheduled twice....no calls, no one picks up customer care line..LOWES SUCKS!!! {{Redacted}}
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • No customer service
Problem with delivery

LOWES DON'T KNOWS

2.6
LOWES DON'T KNOWS
On Nov. 30 I did a search for and electric meat smoker. The browser came up with several. One at Lowe.s was marked $79.00, 51% off. So I go to order it and the price when ordering was $169.00. quite a difference. I called lowes and talked to a Hay;den. He just said it i s $169.00 and completely ignored that it was advertised at 79. he hung up on me. SO I went back and searched again and there it w as at $79. so I called back and got a Ryan this time. He said he would check. After keeping me on the phone he comes up with an charcoal smoker for $78. I told him that was not t he smoker and gave him the model number JMSS. Made by Masterbuilt. SO again I am put on hold. After waiting for a half an hour he comes back and says it is $169.00. Now I am upset so I explained to him I had ordered a stove from Lowes and it took 6 communications with them to get the right price on that. He abruptly hung up on me.
Lowes Shopping Advertisement
Cons
  • Wasting my time trying to spend 80 dollars
Pricing issue
Loss
Preferred solution
Price reduction
Tags
  • Lowes terrible customer service

Lowes Delivery Service Review

3.2
Bought some outdoor furniture. Supposed to be delivered on a Sunday morning. They showed up around 2:00 with half the order. We paid extra to have the furniture assembled. Came unassembled.
Lowes Delivery Service
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes - Weber Summit E-420 Gas Grill Review from Buffalo, New York

2.3
I purchased a Weber 4burner gas grill and explained in full detail what needed to be done so I could connect the grill to the gas line from my house. They Totally ignored my instructions did the reverse and when the grill was delivered and the connections did not work I spoke to the manager from the store and he said that is to bad my fault I then canceled the$2100 Weber grill told thedeviery guys to take the grill back.

What are you even complaining about?? The grill can only be ordered with Weber's hardware options.

For liability reasons, it can only be assembled per the manufacturer's instructions. If there is a need to customize the hookup to the gas line, that IS the consumer's risk and responsibility. Porch.com to find an installer, if you were not planning on diy.

Lowe's would only hook it up if you have prepared a hookup that it will hook to. lol

It can only be ordered with the manufacture's hardware options. It can only assembled per the manufacturer's instructions, for liability reasons.

Any aftermarket customizations would be solely the risk and responsibility of the consumer.

Having your gas hookup plumbed so that the grill could be connected would be your responsibility. Porch.com is one resource you could consult to find an installer, if you were not planning on diy.

View more comments (1)
Poor customer service

Online Order Review

1.8
Website descriptions and photos are inaccurate. Received wrong items on 2 orders in a row. Their response? TAKE IT BACK TO THE STORE YOURSELF.
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes lost our business and it cost them thousands

Today we had to pick out items for our new kitchen remodel and had to take our 5 lb toy poodle with us because of the contractors in the house. It was a sub zero day so we couldn't very well leave the dog in the car, and instead carried him into our neighborhood Lowes. However, when we asked for help back in the appliance department, the employee told us it was company policy that no pets are allowed. I asked to speak to the store manager to see if we could get "special dispensation" given the circumstances, but the answer was still no. So, we left. Our dog got lots of love and attention in the other 7 stores we went to and by the end of the day, we had spent $4800 in appliances, $3600 in a countertop, and $400 in tile, and $100 in paint and supplies, all of which we probably would have bought at Lowes. But, the sad part is that because of their inflexibility in dealing with our needs, I am sure that is exactly how they do business in other aspects as well. So, they've lost our business forever. Lesson learned for both of us.

MizMolly, ALL Lowe's have posted on the front door as you enter "NO PETS ALLOWED. SERVICE SOGS ONLY." The fact you think pets are "welcomed" in Jacksonville means no one is enforcing the rule. When I see a dog in a cart where I work, I walk the other way.

Pets are welcome at Lowes in Jacksonville, Arkansas

While I'm a pet lover, honestly, I would never take my pet in the car on a subzero day. That is irresponsible to your pet's life; what if your car broke down and you were stuck unable to warm your little dog?

It was not an emergency so you could have put off shopping for your remodel items another day with there weren't any contractors in your house. Or, one of you could have stayed home with your pet, or you could have hired a pet sitter, or left your pet with another family member.

But to take your small 5 lb dog out with you in the car in subzero weather where exposure to the cold and death were real risks if your car broke down or you had an accident, etc, is selfish, thoughtless to your dog's safety. I say you are acting spoiled to think because you came in to spend money all the rules had to be changed for you, and you show disregard for the safety of your little dog to even take your dog out of the safety of a house and on the road in the uncertainty of a car ride in subzero weather!

Dogs have frozen to death before in warmer temperatures than you state, by being left outside to go to relieve themselves without supervision. Selfish, spoiled and thoughtless dog owners. So let me get this: every time someone is going to buy whole set of appliances or room renovations, they have the right to go against store policies and bring in their pets to any store, and then leave insulted when they are told it is not allowed?

If your dog was a service animal you would have the right; but you weren't born yesterday and it is well known that many stores have a 'no animal' policy.

But the worse thing about your complaint here is to learn you thought nothing about the safety and wellfare of your small dog, because if you did, you would know exposure to subzero through getting stranded in a car is more threatening to a small teacup-size dog than being in the safety of a house.

You could have locked your dog in a room where the contracters don't go, o rone of you stay home and communicate to each other by cell about your renovation purchases one from the store, and one staying at home with your dog, or any of the other things I wrote, but no, you wanted to risk your dog's life, somehow making it seem smarter than leaving your dog at home or with someone else you trust. If you have $$ to remodel, you sure could've put a little bit aside to pay for a pet sitter than lug your pet into sub zero weather and put it at risk to frostbite or death from freezing.

Stop taking your dog to the store. There is a reason no pets are allowed in certain stores.

Where did you get the notion that Lowe's was a pet store? It's called Lowe's Home Improvement, not Lowe's pet supplies.

Bryli

Glad to see on of the Lowe's has the balls to enforce the sign on the front door "NO PETS ALLOWED"

View more comments (5)
Lowes Manager
Pros
  • Product
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Be aware of your customer's individual needs

Unprofessional Service Review

Very Unprofessional Store on Maple transit does not know how to install carpet. Never followed through with customer and very disappointed in the product.
Review

Lowes review in Buffalo, New York: Lowe's sold a ceiling fan(made by Litex) with a bad bearing! 199.00 makes loud ticking noise!

Had an home addition added on for more room, and wanted a ceiling fan mounted by an electrician who was doing work for us. The fan looked great and worked great for about a year, then this ticking noise started and it kept getting louder and louder, till finally we could not stand it anymore. Now that it has been about two years, we have a very nice looking fan that ticks loudly when used! I have installed 100.00 fans myself and 30 years later....still working and quiet! Lowe's and Litex industries keep blaming each other, I guess thats the new game! 199.00 dollars , would you buy anything from Lowe's or Litex? To manufacture a fan with a bad bearing, not recalling them and pretend that every thing is OK, is not the way to run a any company. With all the companiess that are closing, and they remain open?

I installed four fans last year. Two of them are now ticking. Glad I found this info as I won't now waste a Lot of time trying to figure out what's causing the ticking.

You need to be fully aware that Lowe's is just the retailer, not the manufacturer. Lowe's uses Litex Industries as one of their VENDORS for some of their Harbor Breeze and Allen+Roth ceiling fans.

To make things far more complicated, Litex then uses Bid-to-Low-Cost factories to manufacture their fans, which they later sell to Lowe's for their two private label brands (Harbor Breeze and Allen+Roth). If you need help with any of their fans, you need to contact the toll-free number that's listed on the label on top of the fan's motor housing or the Owner's Manual, that's the first step which will lead you to the right path. If the bearings are bad which is rare, but it tends to happen if the parts use for the assembly are cheaper than dirt, and knowing Litex I'm sure they are, you need to take your complaint with Litex Industries. The motor is warranty to the Original Purchaser for their lifetime period.

Meaning if you are the original purchaser and the ceiling fan was initially installed in your property, it's covered by the years of life you have remaining. That's what "Lifetime warranty" means in the ceiling fan industry.

How dare Lowe's employees not inspect each of the 40,000 products they stock!!! Shame on them!!

Grow up sir!!!

It's because the fan is a Chinese piece of ***. Don't support companies that import 95% of their items from China.

Go to a small, locally owned shop and buy a fan made in the US. You might pay a bit more but it won't *** out after a year.

John N

You have a manufacturer's warranty. They fix any problems, not Lowes.

If the warranty is expired, just buy a new fan and go from there. You have no cause to blame Lowes.

You have to understand the warranties have a time limit on them. You expect too much.

@John N

The Harbor Breese is made by Litex Industries has a limited lifetime waranty. If you saved your instruction manual you can read what is / isnot covered.

if you didnot save it, then go to www.LitexCeilingFans.com and download a copy of it.

You need the model number off the top of the ceiling fan in order to get the correct .pdf file. If I was you , I would continue to stay ontop of Litex in order to get a replacement Ceiling Fan.

View more comments (5)
Loss
Lowes in Williamsville NY provided an inferior product (Masonite) rather than the Reliabilt door purchased. The difference being the warranty. Reliabilt comes with a full and inclusive warranty and Masonite comes with a minimal warranty and excludes glass coverage,...

We special ordered Reliabilt interior doors, we were told they were solid wood, NOT! Particle board and laminated.

Now the laminate is bubbling and delaminating. Would not recommend this product!

View more comments

Compare Lowes vs Home Depot

Latest Question

Lowes Questions

Lowes review in Buffalo, New York: Vetran denied vetrans 10% discount

In the past I have recieved a vetrans discount on purchases at Lowes. I am a Korean War veteran and have a card showing my service. Lowes now refuses to honer my service as I do not have a card with my picture. I have not used V.A. Medical benefits, so can't get a picture I.D from the V.A. Other vets I know use V.A. medical benefits, have a V.A. picture I.D and get the 10% Lowes discount. I feel Lowes is discriminating agaist me and dishonering my 4 years of military service.
#206438

SSG

#206436

You want to know what vets have done? How about keeping you from being forced to speak German, Japanese, Chinese, Russian and now Arabic. I am a first generation white American male of German descent. I am not a German-American I am an American and proud of it. Maybe you should sit down with a war vet and just shut your trap and listen to what they endured while fighting to protect your freedom. I'll bet you would have a hard time lasting 24 hours without your air conditioning.

War does not determine who is wrong or right only who is left. I thank this gentleman and others like him for putting his life on the line for me. No I am not a veteran.

You need a *** picture ID? Look at the drivers license and match the name. Duh how *** do you have to be? Your credit card does not have your photo but they take that and it is for the entire amount of the purchase and sometimes they ask for ID to match the names.

I agree with ???. What the *** does being an animal doctor have to do with getting 10% fertilizer?

What makes so many veterans feel they are entitled to a discount?

So people like you can make comments like this! We gave and some gave all. What did you do *** to have the right to make that comment?

I worked at Home Depot for a brief period of time and Military were supposed to have picture ID to be entitled to their discount. I didn't care, If I was asked for a military discount I gave it. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

"KUDOS TO SSG"

REPLY TO ??? WHO POSTED A COMMENT ON 06/25/10 @ 01:12

*** O--

??? sounds like one of those who hasn't had the opportunity and priveledge to serve their country and therefore just doesn't get it.

Veterans do not feel they are "entitled" to a discount. Stores offer the discount.

When the discount is offered it should be clear on how and when they will honor it. Most veterans I know, and I know a lot, will comply with the requirements.

The veterans complaint is that the store has changed their policy, which they have the right to do. My recommendation is that if he served 4 years and is an honorable discharge he should be able to get a military ID.

What makes so many veterans feel they are entitled to a discount?

View more comments (9)