State: New York Product: Lowes Carpet Installation Clear all filters (2 of 76 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Lowes in Colonie, New York - Excellent service

4.9
I went to another home improvement box store and they gave me a deal similar to Lowes. Free installation with purchase and free furniture moving/disposal of old carpet. This measured, but when they sent the estimate they said I'd need to remove the vinyl tiles in 1 room because they may contain asbestos. I had the original tiles carton but they then said there was a height difference (1/8 inch) because of the tile. It took a few hours to remove the tiles then, while shopping at Lowes, I found a better deal at Lowes. The Lowes installer said he would not have required the tile removal and was more professional than the first. When the Lowes carpet arrived the installers were polite, helpful, and did excellent work. Once the lady of the house came home she didn't like the color and said she couldn't live with it. I contacted Lowes because they have a full satisfaction guarantee. They agreed to change the carpet for a different color as long as I paid a disposal fee ($75) and ordered the same brand carpet. Once again the installers were polite and professional on the second visit. I would definitely use Lowes again for carpet. I really like that it's easier to get a veteran's discount at Lowes than the orange store.

No wonder prices are so high. Replacing your carpet because your wife couldn't pick the right color before you purchased it just drives prices up. They make up for the loss they take on jobs like yours by jacking the prices up for everyone.

Review
Service
Lowes Carpet Installation
Pros
  • Way lowes dealt with the return
  • Customer service
Reason of review
Good customer service

Lowes in Schenectady, New York - Carpet installation

2.8
Had carpet installed from Lowes a year and a half ago. It recently developed waves in it due to poor installation. I called Lowes and they directed me to the installation department. They stated it only had 1 yr guarantee therefore nothing can be done. Recently had another carpet installed before I realized the waves in the other. Carpet was defected from StainMaster. It developed loops and strands of carpet sticking up with black markes showing up. I have been tieing the strands together to prevent further damage. This was noted two days after put down. Pictures were sent to installer also. I was told only one loop was noted (only 1 picture was sent of this). Why is any loop noted? Over six months the problem still has not been resolved. Lowes states they are not responsible. Installation states they are not responsible, and stainmaster states they are not responsible I am out about $4000.00 STAY AWAY FROM LOWES AND THERE POOR INSTALLATION DEPARTMENT.
Review
Tags
  • Worthless Warranty

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111