State: New York Product: Lowes Installation Clear all filters (12 of 211 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Lowes in Staten Island, New York - Bad service

2.2
Paid close to 19,000. For roofing, gutters, soffits and fasia. Start date was changed a three day job turn into 3 weeks. They didn’t finish . Left holes where they weren’t any before didn’t do the soffits, put in 3 gutters. They were schedule to do 4. Took piece of the outside trim off and didn’t replace. Came back still only did part of the soffits patched up one hole left another with left over vinyl. Customer service sucks. Says same people have to come back because they were contracted. I told them they had a chance to correct issues. Drip vinyl installed around the edge of the roof was not nailed. Falling off when it’s windy what do I ? Took loan against pension for this I paid cash.
Order processing issue

Lowes - Installation Review from New York, New York

Lowes - Installation Review from New York, New York
I purchased all new appliances from Lowes. They installed the fridge. We found out it was leaking. I called Lowes they ignored me then pushed me off to XPO which is now pushing me off to another company. I had to go threw my home owners insurance and now have to pay my deductible my rate will all go up because they subcontract everything. Instead of them handling it since I purchased from lowes and there name not a no name delivery company. My house has so much damage we are in a hotel. My child is disabled and partially blind and is struggling in the new environment. Yet lowes doesn't care. They did offer 20% if I wanted them to remodel my kitchen for the damage they caused. You should supply it for free. Lots more details but to much to write.

Nothing has been resolved

Kenyata

Good Afternoon,

I am very sorry for everything you've experienced. I realize this happened a few weeks ago, but did anyone ever help you with this issue?

If not, I would be happy to try and assist you. Please feel free to contact me at jackie.workmon@xpo.com.

Again, I apologize for the inconveniences you've experienced.

Best Regards,

Jackie

Customer Care | Last Mile

@Kenyata

I have spoken to a few different people at XPO which have all been nice. Including Ron from New England.

But weeks have gone by and we still don't have a kitchen. We are eating out almost 3 meals a day. We are running out of money. We had to front money to purchase the tile for are new flooring.

Credit cards are maxed out. just feels like we are paying for a mistake that was not ours. It's been over 5 weeks. You can't imagine the stress we are under with a disabled child whom also has a visual impairment to be put out like this.

We choose to go through are home owners because they were the only ones whom seemed to get things moving and done.

But everything is a process and paper work. At this point if we have a kitchen by Christmas I would be shocked

Bad quality

Lowes in Stony Brook, New York - Install for storm door nightmare.

Stony brook Store. They do not call you back, they are not interested in the issue, it's a joke. I have spoken to managers, corporate office. No difference, they hire contractors who sub work out and when you have an issue they tell you, it's not covered to fix it correct but to give a temporary fix they will do. Makes no sense. I am closing my card not shopping there again. So glad I had them install the storm doors I bought not to have any drama. Now I have a storm door that ripped the door frame to my exterior door. Their repair would be to put longer screws into the broken frame. Had the door been secured properly this would not have happened however when the installer is a sub from the sub contractor and is being paid $75.- for the day they are in a rush to leave and really don't care if it's installed correct. One would thing a large corporation would have a screening process on who they hire. Apparently, anyone can be a contractor for Lowes.

A screening process to install a screen door. That's hilarious!

Bad quality

Lowes in Gloversville, New York - Lowe's Window Installer Never Showed Up

4/16 (wed): ordered a job for replacing 2 windows at Lowe's 4/28 (mon): got a call from Lowe's saying the windows were in and was told installer will call me within 48 hrs 4/30 (wed): 48 hrs had passed but no call !! 5/1 (thurs): called Lowe's and told them nobody called 5/2 (fri): installer finally calls after 96 hrs and after two calls to Lowe's, installer tells me he would call back Monday to set up a date 5/5 (mon): installer never calls !! 5/7 (wed) installer finally calls at 8:30am to schedule install date for Wed (5/14), does not mention time so asked him and was told between 9 and 9:30am 5/14 (wed...today) installer does not come and does not even call, so called Lowe's and was told Lowe's will call the installer and that installer will get in touch with me, instead of installer calling me his wife calls and tells me installer was backed-up and will take some more days for install, called Lowe's manager to cancel the install and was told he would credit back the charges to my card. Conclusion: this installer named Dennis should not work for Lowe's, he does not understand what customer service is, when all his excuses runs out he uses his wife to tell me more excuses Post Script: store manager named Matt was helpful, offered me discount for another try, so I requested the window installation again....hope it will work this time around with a different installer....if not I will be back here to tell you all about it
#822000

16 days had passed from the day Dennis decided not to show up. Another installer came today for install, finally.

He measured the openings and checked against the windows he had brought (originally measured by Dennis and ordered). Guess what? Yup, windows are an inch too tall to fit. So Lowe's will order another pair of windows (what a waste, I mean the other two windows that don't fit).

Dennis must be a head-ache for Lowe's. He is now costing Lowe's quite bit of money. I wonder if Lowe's will charge Dennis for his errors.

I guess it will take another 1-2 weeks for windows to come in. Then the installer will check his schedule for install.

Will the windows be installed by the end of June? If that happens, then the whole process from the initial order to installation would be 2 1/2 months deal.

Oh well. Will update when that happens.

#820652

Stop going with Lowe's/Home Depot. They just hire scrub-contractors.

Hire your own contractor. That way you will know who you are dealing with rather than who ever Lowes hires for you.

@Anonymous

Had past dealings with Lowe's for installations with no complaints. If this one does not work well, I will not use them again.

For now I don't want to blame the entire crew of Lowe's for one bad apple (installer).

Gotta give them a chance to correct their mistakes. We'll see!

View more comments (3)

Lowes in Amsterdam, New York - Terrible Installer and Customer Service

I bought a Larson Storm Door from store #1880 in Amsterdam, NY. After getting the door home, I realized that I couldn't install the door myself, so I went back to the store and purchased installation for the door from Lowes. The salesman told us that he would summit the paperwork that day so the install Dept would have it first thing Monday morning. Monday, I got a call from the installer who got directions to my house and told me that he had a job to do that day but probably would be able to do my door the next day. He said he'd call me that evening and let me know what was going on. He didn't call that evening and in the morning my wife called him. He told her that he had worked in the rain for over 4 hours Monday and it would TWO to THREE Days before he would get to our door. My wife asked him about any other installers and he said they would probably be busy also. I called the installer service at store #1880 and they said they would check to see if another installer was available to install the door. About an hour later the first installer called me and stated the he was very busy and couldn't install the door until the 12th of July. He said they the Lowe's Installation Dept. was okay with the date. My wife called the #1880 Installation Dept and talked to the manager and she told her that the installers were very busy and the Installer would be here on the 12th. My wife asked if she told the installer the 12th would be okay with her and she said, "YES, I did." My wife said since we were the customer why would she okay a date further away from the date we were originally told by the installer without checking with us. She again told my wife that the installers were very busy this time of year and would be at our house on the 12th. My wife told her that we were going to try to find someone else to install the door because we were told 3 to 4 different dates that the door was going to be installed and weren't happy about it. She also told her that we would probably be back to the store to get our installation money back. She told my wife that they didn't like to give money back to their customers. We made a few calls and found someone that day who would install the door and the following day we had our door installed! Yesterday we went back to the store and got our install money back. I am VERY UPSET with your installation process. The install manager told us that the installer probably had allot of installs. I want to know WHY, IF Lowe's install Dept. gives out the installs to these private installers, HOW COME THEY HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH WORK HE HAS TO DO. DO THEY JUST GIVE THEM OUT ANYWAY THEY WANT! HOW DO THEY KNOW WHO HAS WHAT JOBS AND HOW MANY JOBS HE HAS??? IF THIS IS A VERY BUSY TIME OF YEAR FOR Lowes, WHY DON'T YOU HIRE MORE INSTALLERS??? I guess that I will have to find another place to do business with!!! I've bought a stove, refrigerator, washer and dryer and a new front door and two storm doors from you over the years not counting many other items for our home. I know I'm not a contractor who spends thousands of dollars a year but I believe your business couldn't survive on just contractor's business. I worked with the public all my life and found that most people want the truth instead of a lot of false promises. I probably would have been happy with the 12th if that was first date I was given. At least I would have known where I stood and having a Manager make the decision for me that the 12th was okay without checking with me as the customer who wanted the door installed sooner really made me mad. If we didn't care when the door was installed we wouldn't have called the Install Dept. to try to get the door installed SOONER NOT LATER!!!!

I had much worse experience with Lowe's in Amsterdam. Window/door installer there named Dennis is a joke.

He is often a no-show on promised date.

He cannot even take correct measurements. He was a real headache for us!

You signed a contract and are given three days to cancel. If it was over three days later and there is a date of expected completion on it.

If the date on the contract you signed was the 12th or later, you have nothing to complain about. You signed a legally binding contract.

Here's how it goes. The first time Lowes probably called and DEMANDED your door be installed ASAP and didn't have a care how busy the installer was. They have installers by the balls and end up making the installer pay for everything, even if you were to see a red vest kick in your door, the installer would probably have to pay for it. It's BS. I don't even know how installers deal with Lowes, I wouldn't be one. Their installed sales are *** backwards and store associates screw up all the time, still blamed on the installer. Then management gets involved when they probably know nothing about doors, that department, or the installer. Passing the buck is what they do best.

Then, they give you all kinds of other dates, probably before the installer even knew, just to make you happy that something was going to finally happen.

Don't blame the installers for everything, Lowes is so demanding, they will bury one installer in so much work, and then yell at the installer when they can't squeeze in something extra because they have a life.

Because you cancelled your job, the installer is probably being wrote up or fired because he couldn't do exactly what you and Lowes wanted.

Lowes And The Dangereous Safety Gates

Lowes And The Dangereous Safety Gates
In July of 2008 we purchased vinyl fencing and gates to surround and protect our in ground swimming pool. The gates failed within a few months (Broke apart) and the installer returned and glued them back together. (See the video on Youtube.com of the gates breaking) Shortly thereafter the gates broke apart again. We contacted the local Lowes (Latham, New York) in the spring of 2009 and they said the installer would return to repair the gates. After repeated telephone calls and trips to the Lowes store the installer was schedule to repair the gates on July 9, 2009. He was a no show. At the end of July of 2009 my wife was again in the local Lowes and was approached by an installation person. "Are the repairs done" she asked. "No" replied my wife " the installer did not show." My wife than informed her that it did not matter now as it was too late to open the pool for this year and to just get the installer there when they could. The installer showed up in late September of 2009 to make the gate repairs. The backyard and swimming pool remained closed for the entire season of 2009 because of the broken gates. The gates failed again shortly after the repair and in the spring of 2010 we again approached Lowes requesting they fixed the faulty safety gates. They acted surprised that the gates were again broken. I informed them that I had checked the Internet and others were having the same problems with the vinyl gates. They assured me that the problem would be taken care of immediately! A little upset I contacted the local building department and requested they look at the installation and the product they were selling to protect an in ground swimming pool. The building inspector examined the product and installation and informed me to keep the backyard and pool covered and closed as the gates and fencing were: 1) Of questionable quality to be used as safety gates; 2) gates opened in the wrong direction; 3) the gates were not self-closing; 4) latches did not meet code; 5) and the fence was installed too high from the ground, all in direct violation of New York State Building Code and illegal! Armed with this new information I confronted Lowes installation staff when they again came to my home. The following question and answer transpired between LOWES employee G####, The Installation Supervisor, and John Thornton: MR. THORNTON: "I'm going to ask you a question – how would you like having your kids living on this street with fu##### gates like this with an in ground pool? You would be scared sh##less wouldn't you." GLENN: "Yep" MR. THORNTON: "I've been living like this for almost two years…" (Transcribed from tape recording of this conversation) They agreed to have the installer remove the defective product and reinstall the product correctly to meet building codes. This was finally accomplished in late May of 2010. I than requested that Lowes reimburse us for the loss of our backyard and swimming pool for the year of 2009. Lowes informed me that my wife told them in 2009 that she was not going to open the pool anyway (they had two witnesses to this statement) and I suffered no loss. They offered $500 dollars because I was a good customer after dictating to me the fine points of "contract law." Note: They also informed me that I could not use the audiotapes of their admission of liability and shabby workmanship because they "did not give me permission to tape them." The tape recordings contain admissions that the product used was questionable, installed improperly, and in violation of State law. They also include the installer stating the gates were junk and breaking at most installations he had done and he was tired of fixing them. I can understand why they would not like to have anyone hear the tapes! As an aside, my wife had paid a local pool company a $50.00 deposit to open the pool and clean the decking in May of 2009, a deposit we lost because the pool could not be opened. I refused the $500.00 and left the local Lowe's as I do not intend to allow a company to hide behind "contract law" after the "circus" that occurred at my home. I intend to seek legal relief and expose the "Lowes Shuffle" for what it really is to would be customers.

This matter has been settled by Lowes

Afraid your screwed due. You are not a business so therefore you are not entitled to any relief or recover of lost monies because you couldn't "open" your pool.

Also you are probably lucky that they haven't arrested you concerning the tape. It is illegal to record a conversation without the other party's consent.

If I were you I'd take the $500 and run. You might need it as bail money.

All this drama over a *** swimming pool gate that you bought on the cheap to save as much money as you could. Yea, Lowes sucks but it would have been nice if one night you had sleep-walked through your own yard and past the broken gate and fallen into your pool and drowned in it.

You would have saved us all the trouble of reading your *** post. What a whiney, stuck-up, useless prat.

Lowes Installation
Okay- bought carpet to be installed from Lowe's. After it took 14 days to get an installer here- they proceeded to GLUE the carpet to our 100 year old PINE hardwood floors (oh did I mention that our property is Historical?)...I walked in with about 3 feet undone...

I bought carpeting from Lowe's and it is all waving and puckering.

Lowes was contacted time and again and will do ZERO to fix it.

They wrecked the job worse after each "Inspection" and will not fix it.

DO NOT buy carpeting here, they will NOT help you and WILL not fix it.

I promise you.

Thank you.

View more comments

Lowes in Stony Brook, New York - Lowe's Won't Install Dryer if Side Vented

We spoke to 2 Lowe's higher ups making sure that a dryer we order would be installed and side vented by their installation crew. Called the national line and were assured this was the case. The national person put us in touch with the manager of the local store. Same story - Lowe's will install and side vent the dryer and have it running before they leave. Crew arrives and states flatly we arent allowed to install as a side vent. They will not punch out the side or change the configuration from back to side. This is a total bate and switch statement by Lowe's that has left me stuck with installing the dryer. Consumer reports will hear about this and you should beware if you have to have your dryer side-vented. Lowe's has not lived up to what they advertise or what we inquired about specifically

The problem isn't bait and switch, but the installers themselves. Truth be told, all Lowe's installers are private contractors hired by the company.

When I say hired, it's more accurate to say given jobs. Lowe's doesn't pay them directly.

In any case while the store and home office may have said yes they'd install it, the installer themselves may have had policies against it. Call the customer support line and leave a note about this, and see if they can find a different installer.

Review
#190132 Review #190132 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Albany, New York - Lowe's botched installed tile job

We paid Lowe's to install a rather large tile job in our home after we expereinced a toilet back-up and flood. Neeldess to say, after 4 months the tiles began popping up as the temperature changed outside. All of the tiles on the whole job are now either loose or make a crunching egg shell sound as you walk acrossed them. Lowe's has been in to examine the job with their installer and is now refusing to repair the installation stating there is moisture in the floor and that is why the warranty is void. They popped up 2 tiles in different areas an stated they took a moisture reading of 90%. I am not sure how this is possbile? There is no water anywhere to be found. We now have our lawyer involved and are preparing for legal action.
#119340

I suggest more fiber in your diet in the future to prevent these horrible backups. By the way, if you back your car into a tree and the bumper falls off, its not the autoworkers fault ***!!!

Contact Lowes Customer Service

(800) 445-6937
All Lowes Contacts

Lowes Reviews

Lowes reviews

Lowes in Buffalo, New York - Lowe's Home Improvement, payed to install 3 doors in a month, five months later, still not done.

I ordered three interior doors to be installed in my home. I payed $1,240 up front on May 23. I now have two doors,( it's October 22 ) but they have had to send back the third door twice because it came to them damaged and twice the installers they sent damaged the door....badly. In the mean time, I have had family come to visit and had to hang a sheet in the door. Everyone apologizes, but it is the most incredibly incompetent work that I have ever seen done ( and I'm NOT the fussy sort )...Will NEVER go into a Lowe's store again.

Lowe's installers are not required to be GC's.

If you are going to Lowe's for the best deal, you are out of luck.

Stuff gets damaged in transit, so it's best to not wait until the last minute... Things are usually more complicated than they should be, so allow for that in your immediate need time frame...

Ray A

:) Correction

When the Installer is in your Home doing a Detail, please ask questions.

Don't wait until the Job is completed.

Are you a General Contractor or a Sub-Contractor.

Are you a Certified Door Installer may I see Proof ! ( Now not Later )

May I see Pictures of your Installations. ( Current 30 Day's )

What is included and what is not !

( Materials )

Will the Project begin within Two Day's. ( Depending on Delivery of

my Door ?

What is your Personal Guarantee !

( If Any ) Daa.

Only you can decide if this Person is right for the Job !

Sincerely,

Certified Installer

Brighton, Co

Ray A

:) Correction All Certified Installers with Lowe's. ( Are General Contractors )

The Home Depot has a General Contractor with a Office. They hire

( Sub Contractors )

Best regards,

Certified Installer

Brighton, Co

Ray

Sadly, there's a reson these guys have to work for Lowe's or other big box stores. If they were the "cream of the crop" they would have plenty of work without having to go to the chain stores for work.

As a Lowe's employee, I WOULD NEVER let these guys into my home for anything! But, to defend Lowe's a bit here, it's not just us, ANY of the box stores, us, Home Depot, Sears, subcontract out to third party installers.

Better to buy the doors, windows, etc. @ Lowe's, then find a good, qualified, independent installer to put them in, in some cases, it might even be cheaper than paying for the install in store, AND, it will be done right to boot!

View more comments (3)