State: New York City: New York Clear all filters (16 of 4889 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in New York, New York - First purchase last purchase - FOLLOW-UP

1.5
Finally received long overdue rebate - previously sent to wrong address. How does that happen, when corporate was provided the order number, our address, and store location/ telephone number where the purchase was made? Loew's has new President now, and the store where the purchase was made is closing. Is it any wonder with such deplorable customer service? Still waiting for the Visa gift card requested for the inconvenience and the hard time given over many months, And, the new President will be contacted, so we suspect there will be a third follow-up on PS. What ever happened to honesty, integrity and basic customer service?

Something is wrong when DD attempts to reply to ANON. Issue reported to PC. Awaiting technical help.

@Anonymous

Issue fixed.

How about if Lowe’s donates $50 directly to the food pantry of your choosing in your name? Would that satisfy you?

@PCFL1592

Hi Anon PCFL1592, While we appreciate Lowes responding to our (now) 11 month journey into rebate and customer service *** your attempt to negotiate a direct donation to a food pantry in our name now, sounds like you don't trust us. What a pity, because, all we did was spend hard earned money, with the expectation of getting the rebate we were entitled to.

We did nothing to lose yur trust. And, unfortunately, your snarky reply to our follow-up report, 6 months..... after our first report, didn't help either. So, the answer to "How about if Lowe’s donates $50 directly to the food pantry of your choosing in your name?

Would that satisfy you? .....is. NO thank you, we do not trust you to follow up with that. So, can you come up with a better solution?

We hope so, because, next week is Ellison, Dreiling, McDormott, Mason time .

But, we sincrely hope to hear from you first. Thank you.

@Anonymous

Ok. How about a $40 gift card?

DispensableDuck

The rebate was submitted by the Lowes sales person (digitally) so handwriting was not an issue. And, the rebate center had the correct address when they sent a post card stating we did not qualify for the rebate - when we did.

And, a copy of the postcard was also emailed to Lowes to follow up on. When customers are given false and misleading information, costing them valuable time attempting to get to the bottom of things (in this case over 25 calls and emails) it reflects poorly on Lowes. Good companies understand that waiting 3-4 months for a rebate is unaceptable, and very often will give a courtesy credit etc. to make a customer happy.

And, since Lowes was not professional, courteous, or respectful, a $50.00 VIsa gift card (equal to what some Lowe's executives spend on a very simple lunch) is in order. And, by the way, if received, that amount will be donated to a local food pantry. You are absolutely correct, we are not perfect.

We made a big mistakes is thinking that we were dealing with a trustworthy company. So, thank you and Happy Holidays Anonymous Lowes employee..

@DispensableDuck

Lowe’s doesn’t handle the rebates. That is done by a third party.

National Rebate Center. Yes it sucks but it’s NOT Lowe’s fault. So you are blackmailing a innocent company because of what you think the offending party owes you. Lowe’s literally has NOTHING to do with your rebate except submitting it at the time of purchase.

How exactly does Lowe’s “owe” you anything? What it sounds like is you are lashing out at the deeper pockets and public profile of a innocent company just to get free money. How about a apology for Lowe’s? Now that you have been informed of who REALLY messed up are you going to be man enough to retract your statement and issue a apology?

No probably not people like yourself even when proven they are wrong will STILL fight even harder because THEY CANT BE WRONG! Please do the web a favor and show that you have more then enough honor to admit YOUR MISTAKES. We all get you’re mad but at least be mad at the right company.

Now comes the part where you in your righteous indignation claim that I and every other person who either doesn’t believe you or had a dissenting point of view MUST work for Lowe’s. It amazes me how narrow minded some posters are and how hard they will fight to prove they are right even when already shown how wrong they are.

It could have happened any number of ways. The human being entering your information at the rebate center may not have been able to read your handwriting or hit the wrong key as they were processing your rebate.

Most humans make mistakes every now and then.

It's unfortunate that everyone isn't as perfect as you seem to think you are. You got your rebate, they owe you nothing else.

View more comments (7)
Review
Pros
  • First impression of original sales person
Cons
  • Being given a run around for months
Preferred solution
A Visa card for general use

Lowes in New York, New York - First purchase, last purchase

1.5

Update by user Jul 25, 2018

Optics continue to be NOT GOOD on this issue: About July 12, 2018 we contacted Lowes Executive services, Public Relations, Investor Relations and the new President's admin. to explained what was expected - again.

Still waiting for the appropriate thing to be done, which is --- to send us a Visa card (not for Lowes) in the amount of $50.00 for the continuing inconvenience and disruption of our lives, due to not receiving a simple rebate (of over $314.00) since January 2018.

And, not being treated with the respect, we as Investors and first time customers deserve. While Lowes is now courting the Pro market, private customers like us who support brick and mortar locations are still waiting for Lowes to do the right thing.

Original review posted by user Jun 08, 2018

Purchased a Bosch dishwasher January 2018 which came with a manufacturer rebate in the form of a Visa card for the installation charge of $314.00. The rebate was submitted by the store but when it was not received in 2 months, we followed up with the sales person, then department managers and store managers. When no progress was made, contacted Lowes Executive Services, outgoing President, Investor Relations and Public Relations, who kicked the issue back to Executive Services. During this 5 month journey, over 25 telephone calls have been made, over 15 emails have been sent. And, despite Lowes being notified that stalling any longer would result in the Media, BBB and DCF being notified and at this point - we were entitled to another $50.00 Visa card for ongoing inconvenience, Executive Services (a misnomer) continues to give excuse after excuse, which does not resolve this issue. Today, Executive Services asked for more time to investigate why the Visa card (they say) was sent over a month ago by USPS was not received by us. So, Lowes now stands for: Lousy Organization Without Essential Services.
Lowes Rebate
Cons
  • Entire experience
Full refund
Tags
  • No integrity
  • No Honesty

Lowes Delivery Service Review

I had a horrendous experience dealing with Lowes customer service and nightmare delivery of 3 essential appliances. The order was 5 days late in my new apartment resulting in financial damages ( $250 worth of food spoiling without fridge being delivered in time ) I would never , never , never recommend anyone to do business with them.
Lowes Delivery Service
Problem with delivery

Lowes - Treasure Garden Gazebo Review from New York, New York

2.8
Lowes - Treasure Garden Gazebo Review from New York, New York
This was a great product. One that my wife and new born baby have enjoyed many sunny days and cool nights under with friends and family. Last night we had a minor wind and when we woke up the picture below shows what we saw. After assessing the damage the gazebo is beyond repair. Many of the steel pieces are bent and/or snapped. Unfortunately My wife and I are on a tight budget and can not replace the gazebo. I am hoping that Garden Treasures who makes several products that we own for our backyard living will replace the gazebo for us.
TreasureGarden

Hello. I am sorry about your experience.

Please note this is a Garden Treasures product and not a Treasure Garden product as described in your subject. Regards, Tiffany (Customer Service Mgr, Treasure Garden)

Bad quality

Lowes - Installation Review from New York, New York

Lowes - Installation Review from New York, New York
I purchased all new appliances from Lowes. They installed the fridge. We found out it was leaking. I called Lowes they ignored me then pushed me off to XPO which is now pushing me off to another company. I had to go threw my home owners insurance and now have to pay my deductible my rate will all go up because they subcontract everything. Instead of them handling it since I purchased from lowes and there name not a no name delivery company. My house has so much damage we are in a hotel. My child is disabled and partially blind and is struggling in the new environment. Yet lowes doesn't care. They did offer 20% if I wanted them to remodel my kitchen for the damage they caused. You should supply it for free. Lots more details but to much to write.

Nothing has been resolved

XPOLastMileSupport

Good Afternoon,

I am very sorry for everything you've experienced. I realize this happened a few weeks ago, but did anyone ever help you with this issue?

If not, I would be happy to try and assist you. Please feel free to contact me at jackie.workmon@xpo.com.

Again, I apologize for the inconveniences you've experienced.

Best Regards,

Jackie

Customer Care | Last Mile

@XPOLastMileSupport

I have spoken to a few different people at XPO which have all been nice. Including Ron from New England.

But weeks have gone by and we still don't have a kitchen. We are eating out almost 3 meals a day. We are running out of money. We had to front money to purchase the tile for are new flooring.

Credit cards are maxed out. just feels like we are paying for a mistake that was not ours. It's been over 5 weeks. You can't imagine the stress we are under with a disabled child whom also has a visual impairment to be put out like this.

We choose to go through are home owners because they were the only ones whom seemed to get things moving and done.

But everything is a process and paper work. At this point if we have a kitchen by Christmas I would be shocked

Lowes Installation
Bad quality

Lowes in New York, New York - Lowe's Racism, and Government Superpac support

3.4
Many people are in denial, and are not affected by racism, that is a given, these individuals probably do not care anyway. Someone whom is a victim of it, will look for it, because they need to avoid it in order to maintain respect, dignity, and success, credit for their work. Don't expect to get the same credit, treatment or familiarity, lowe's workers share if they are white. Not to say, i am extremely social, that is not detriment to treating people fairly. I was slandered, stalked by police, framed, insulted on numerous occasions weekly for avoiding people. I am a minority, i was one of the few they keep around because Lowe's employs a quota. On a range of 50-200 employees for larger stores you will see a disproportionate number of minorities. Also when one leave, the hire rate is 100%, and drops back to 0% or close. Why?, because its a quota, while i have had many come and ask how i was hired there, who are minorities. I have had the companies values extend to my personal life and force me to quit, force me out of school, force me into submission by a agency that protects lowe's interests "Big'ol'gov'ena". I am now having blacklisting problems for medical care and job seeking in the area because i spoke about race, filed wokers compensation. The govrnment is supporting, endorsing white supremacy, and hate crime outside of legal bounds "extrajudicially", and plenty of privileged 1st class citizens jump at the opportunity to make a example out of a "minority". I have been called a number of things, and inside jokes between employees, this is suburbia, the rural areas that are the worst. The minority population is small and the KKK Dragon, headmasters live only 5 miles from the town, two in fact. This is New York, and when you complain about hate crime, to the point of confederate flags outside your home, before your forced to quit, NYS does nothing. It is a predominately white, italian area and a long list of white collar crime runs out of here under blindfolds. From 2012-ongoing, a form of illegal surveillance continues on behalf of the company, in order to discriminate and protect the company's interests. This involves defraud schemes set up to harass employees of color out of work. When i was forced to quit, and came back to the store shortly after, not on of the individuals i beleived to be involved would even look my direction or speak to me. This is a coy game of putting up the front, that they support equality, peoples personal interests are severely in the way of corporate policy. Most prejudice, employees, people in general, do not want to talk, hear, or see the perspective of a minority on racism. What they all share in common is, never having someone hold back your success, progress, options based on race, color, experience, and further add on the the list of stigma's by preventing your success. Many minorities are still and barely competitive "financially" and have been more concerned about a happy life. When you need a job, and every store, location, town and region is hiring you only on the basis that they have a quota to fill, the other employees know this. Customers know it, they see minorities as uneducated and complain about coming from poverty or segregated interests with whites who flee the minute "minority", becomes majority. I have a federal case for gross discrimination against Lowe's, i expect to see injustice and to be ignored for various reasons. The game being played is always, "i lived better, know more, or have more experience", therefore, you cannot question my opinion as a white citizen, manager,lawyer,ect. We all know what is right and wrong, problem is, most white citizens are willing to do wrong and injustice to minority groups, because its the behavior they thrive off of. Dishonesty, misleading business, holding evidence, truth, capitalism, extortion, inflation, price gouging, politicking, and using social conversation for levying interests. Who can a poor person compete, when they just want food on the table and move to a better job. The list goes on......its called suffrage and its thrown in our faces. My court date is still MIA, everything else seems to be severely put on hold, even medical care if interfered with.
employment
Preferred solution
There isnt a solution, the law does not protect minorities and they endorse the behavor.

Negligent misrepresentation of Lowes installer being qualified and insured

Lowes of Catskill and Lowes' contractor David Bacucci of Country Mtn. Corporation are guilty of negligent misrepresentation of Bacucci being a qualified roofer who was fully insured and vetted by Lowes to perform roofing resulted in extensive property damage and economic loss. Lowe's was intimately involved in the purchase of roofing repair services, had a duty to us, promised that they only use reliable, skilled workmen who are fully insured for the work; that Lowe's breached this duty. When roofer caused extensive property damage due to careless work, it turned out insurance policy had roofing exclusion, contractor only insured to deliver appliances for Lowes. Not install roofing, yet on two occasions Lowes Specialist Lars White brought David Bacucci to property to provide roofing estimates and represented him as working for Lowes" "fully vetted by Lowes" and having "full documentation of insurance." Lowes Store Manager, Rodney Mata tendered he would file a claim with Lowes on our behalf to help with repairs from water damage when roofer left raw roof exposed during heavy rainstorm. Now 90 days later, Lowes claim agent Kelly Jo Hill has been totally unresponsive and combative regarding claim. I would never use Lowes home improvement services and will make sure to spread the word of their fraudulant business practices.

If you contract with Lowe's to do a job and the job or the installer go bad, we, Lowe's will make good on our commitment to get the job done right.

But if you sign a contract with one of our installer and not with us, that's between you and him and not with us.

If you want to directly with one of our independent contractors and leave us out, because you thing you can save money, that's on you.

The main reason you would go through us, is for the safe guards we bring to the table. When you sign a contract with a company, that's not Lowe's you can't expect Lowes to honor someone else's contract.

Lowes Manager
Cons
  • Home improvement services
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes - Website Review from New York, New York

3.3
Lowes in East Amherst,NY made me feel like a second class citizen when purchasing a clearanced priced washer from them. They didn't like that their website gave me free shipping and so the store it was coming from wanted to add 30 bucks to my order. I said NO! This is not an auction! Then they brought me the wrong hose and kept bringing up the discounted price of the machine which, mind you, had nothing to do with the drain hose it is supposed to come with. It's NOT an extra purchase as is the hot/cold water hose. They need to stop talking about their price and just bring me a working machine!!! I didn't think I was shopping at the salvation army lmao.
Product
Lowes Website
Pricing issue

Lowes in New York, New York - Terrible Customer Service

Brooklyn - Kings Plaza, NY "Garage Door 16'x7' " Curbside delivery Only Expecting a delivery on the week of May 20th. Called a week ahead of time to confirm. confirmed delivery for May 22. Told me, they would call the night before. Received no call. Called the morning of May 22nd. The person told me she wasn't the one I spoke to and arranged delivery between 3-5pm. No one showed. Called at 5:30pm to find out status. Person I spoke with was gone for the day. Manager says the delivery is now for the 23rd. How many people can take two days off?

Hate to burst your bubble but the manufacturer was actually delivering that door. If the store had received a 16ft door by the time you got it it would have likely been folded in half twice over.

LadyScot
#820787

How many days a week do you work? I get two days off every week. They probably deliver by location.

They deliver 7 days a week. Why take a day off at all?

Lowes Manager

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111

Home Depot
2447 reviews
2.1
Compare

Lowes' Inflexible and rude delivery service

I bought my appliance on Black Friday over the phone with the website. No one warned that the installation cost was $60 more than Home Depot. Then they called and said that the installation service demanded $12 more for a fuel surcharge. The scheduling was to take place at a later phone call, but they were mostly unavailable to call me and impossible to phone (no phone number given out). They have to call you so it took weeks to coordinate. You must be at your home phone at 8 am the day of delivery. Only then will they call and tell you the delivery time. Not the day before with a window of time. You cannot call them. If you don't answer the phone at 8 am, you are cancelled. No Saturday deliveries and you are not told this in advance at the point of sale. It has taken about 3 weeks and I just gave up and cancelled the order. This is no way to treat a customer.

I strongly agree with the anonymous reply on Dec 19th. But I do want to add one thing to that.

If it was the Delivery Dept they can't give you a time the day before, they have to route and load there trucks at the crack of dawn day of delivery, that is why they ask you to call them at 8ish the day of delivery, that's when they can give you a ballpark window. You have to understand that they have to route there trucks to where they can make sure all customers get there delivery for the day. People act like they are the only person getting a delivery that day. Delivery drivers sometimes have to take apart fridges in order to get them inside and then put them back together.

Some stops are time consuming and some are quick.

So therefore they don't have that kind of time to wait around. Some of these drivers push DOT regulation time as it is already

First off, Lowe's does do Saturday deliveries. Second, if you don't answer the phone call, your delivery is not cancelled.

If they call you many times and cannot get a hold of you, they will have to reschedule. They can't sit around all day waiting for you when you should be expecting the delivery. Also, they are not going to come to your house if you don't answer in case you forgot about it and are not home. Also, because your review is vague, I'm not sure if you meant that you did not get the phone number for the installer or for the delivery service, but you have to realize that these people do not work for Lowe's; they are contracted.

Lowe's cannot just simply give out phone numbers. Finally, you stated that it was about 3 weeks..

you wrote your review two weeks and a day after Black Friday. Get your facts straight before giving a bogus review.

A person with a little common sense would have checked on delivery and installation BEFORE they made the purchase. Why would you ASSUME anything about the charges for delivery and installations or even schedules. It's your own fault that you didn't ask before you bought.

Tags