State: New York Clear all filters (210 of 4916 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show
2.8
Lowes review - Lowe's Bait and switch-Troy-Bilt Storm 2410 24-in Two-stage Gas Snow Blower
Lowes You all lie and are now trying to bait and switch me to this sell me CRAFTSMAN 600 24-in Two-stage Gas Snow Blower Self-propelled I order a Troy-Bilt Storm 2410 24-in Two-stage Gas Snow Blower Self-propelled go a notice it was going to be delivered on 12/06/2018...

same as the other anon's. they could've just cancelled your order since they were sold out.

at least they offered a comparable product (which they come from the SAME manufacturer) and match the price. which is like a difference of $200!

you know how much money they lost? yet still, they did that to satisfy customers

View more comments
Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • Website pricing
  • Troy-bilt storm 2410 24-in two-stage gas snow blower
Cons
  • Bait and switch
Reason of review
I was lied to in a bait and switched
  • Bait And Switched

Lowes review in New York, New York: First purchase last purchase - FOLLOW-UP

1.5
Finally received long overdue rebate - previously sent to wrong address. How does that happen, when corporate was provided the order number, our address, and store location/ telephone number where the purchase was made? Loew's has new President now, and the store where the purchase was made is closing. Is it any wonder with such deplorable customer service? Still waiting for the Visa gift card requested for the inconvenience and the hard time given over many months, And, the new President will be contacted, so we suspect there will be a third follow-up on PS. What ever happened to honesty, integrity and basic customer service?

Something is wrong when DD attempts to reply to ANON. Issue reported to PC. Awaiting technical help.

@Anonymous

Issue fixed.

How about if Lowe’s donates $50 directly to the food pantry of your choosing in your name? Would that satisfy you?

@PCFL1592

Hi Anon PCFL1592, While we appreciate Lowes responding to our (now) 11 month journey into rebate and customer service *** your attempt to negotiate a direct donation to a food pantry in our name now, sounds like you don't trust us. What a pity, because, all we did was spend hard earned money, with the expectation of getting the rebate we were entitled to.

We did nothing to lose yur trust. And, unfortunately, your snarky reply to our follow-up report, 6 months..... after our first report, didn't help either. So, the answer to "How about if Lowe’s donates $50 directly to the food pantry of your choosing in your name?

Would that satisfy you? .....is. NO thank you, we do not trust you to follow up with that. So, can you come up with a better solution?

We hope so, because, next week is Ellison, Dreiling, McDormott, Mason time .

But, we sincrely hope to hear from you first. Thank you.

@Anonymous

Ok. How about a $40 gift card?

CB C

The rebate was submitted by the Lowes sales person (digitally) so handwriting was not an issue. And, the rebate center had the correct address when they sent a post card stating we did not qualify for the rebate - when we did.

And, a copy of the postcard was also emailed to Lowes to follow up on. When customers are given false and misleading information, costing them valuable time attempting to get to the bottom of things (in this case over 25 calls and emails) it reflects poorly on Lowes. Good companies understand that waiting 3-4 months for a rebate is unaceptable, and very often will give a courtesy credit etc. to make a customer happy.

And, since Lowes was not professional, courteous, or respectful, a $50.00 VIsa gift card (equal to what some Lowe's executives spend on a very simple lunch) is in order. And, by the way, if received, that amount will be donated to a local food pantry. You are absolutely correct, we are not perfect.

We made a big mistakes is thinking that we were dealing with a trustworthy company. So, thank you and Happy Holidays Anonymous Lowes employee..

@CB C

Lowe’s doesn’t handle the rebates. That is done by a third party.

National Rebate Center. Yes it sucks but it’s NOT Lowe’s fault. So you are blackmailing a innocent company because of what you think the offending party owes you. Lowe’s literally has NOTHING to do with your rebate except submitting it at the time of purchase.

How exactly does Lowe’s “owe” you anything? What it sounds like is you are lashing out at the deeper pockets and public profile of a innocent company just to get free money. How about a apology for Lowe’s? Now that you have been informed of who REALLY messed up are you going to be man enough to retract your statement and issue a apology?

No probably not people like yourself even when proven they are wrong will STILL fight even harder because THEY CANT BE WRONG! Please do the web a favor and show that you have more then enough honor to admit YOUR MISTAKES. We all get you’re mad but at least be mad at the right company.

Now comes the part where you in your righteous indignation claim that I and every other person who either doesn’t believe you or had a dissenting point of view MUST work for Lowe’s. It amazes me how narrow minded some posters are and how hard they will fight to prove they are right even when already shown how wrong they are.

It could have happened any number of ways. The human being entering your information at the rebate center may not have been able to read your handwriting or hit the wrong key as they were processing your rebate.

Most humans make mistakes every now and then.

It's unfortunate that everyone isn't as perfect as you seem to think you are. You got your rebate, they owe you nothing else.

View more comments (7)
Review
Pros
  • First impression of original sales person
Cons
  • Being given a run around for months
Preferred solution
A Visa card for general use

Lowes did not honor appliance rebates

Purchased 6 NEW appliances from Lowes, and was issued two rebate forms, by staff. The total amount of rebates amounted to $500.00 (a significant amount that attributed to my decision to make the purchase). Forms were completed and mailed in. Didn't hear anything for a month. Checked rebate status online. Message read: "Your rebate request did not meet the following requirement of the offer: Your sales receipt did not indicate the purchase of two or more eligible appliances at Lowe's Submit missing/invalid items to the following address as soon as possible. Include your tracking number on your documents." I NEVER received anything about being in non-compliance. Resubmitted the forms (previously had saved copies), with receipts as well as a typed letter. Another month, and NO response. Checked rebate status online, and it was not changed. Responded to local store. Spoke with Customer Service who contacted Corporate and the Rebate division. Was told that my purchase was in compliance, however due to being months later, I was no longer eligible. Spoke with store manager. He concurred, however stated that he wouldn't be able to do anything without a post office receipt showing that I mailed the rebate forms. He was advised that the proof is in their system (was received and purchases made). I provided copies of everything except post office receipt. They sent me packing after I lost my temper, calling them thieves. Now I am digging around, trying to find this post office receipt!

This happened to me two years in a row. Complete Scam

Lowes Rebate
Cons
  • Failure to meet commitments
Full refund
  • Lowes Poor Customer Service
  • Miss Leading Offers

Lowes review in Hamburg, New York: My dog is my family

5.0
Lowes review - My dog is my family
I love that dogs being treated more like family. However, i think ppl who have aggressive dogs, fleas, who cannot hold their bladder, and the willing to *** should be courteous and keep their pet home. When i shop, i avoid as many ppl as possible unless someone shows a big interest in wanting to meet my dog. Last wewk 2 female store asaociates called my Sadie over, and lavished her with affection, and my female Shepard/husky loved it because she loves ppl

I do not shop in pet friendly stores and lowes likes pets more than customers so i take my business to menards no pets store better prices

Machele

What would possess someone to bring an animal along when shopping? Very odd.

@Machele

A person with a service dog would

View more comments (2)

Lowes review in Oyster Bay, New York: Fees and Interest charges without reason

This Lowes card managed by SYNCHRONY BANK has one of the worst statement meant to harm the consumer. In this confusing way, it ways find a way to charge interest or fees, even if you pay in full! They make the small charges without any explanation. Since you dont have enough time due to your projects, you will end up paying it.

Lowes review in Binghamton, New York: Lack of prompt follow up

2.3
Early in oct my mother went in to buy a gas stove and a refrigerator. The salesman told her a service man would contact her in 2 days to make sure he could hook up her range. It has copper tubing. Two weeks later I went back to the store Front street Binghamton and talked to a young lady who contacted the contractor who said he would be in contact with her in a couple of days. Last weekend on Sunday I spoke with Matt the original sales person who advised me he was moving people to a new contractor. And he moved mom again assuring me she would hear from someone in two day . Almost a week later no one has contacted my mom. Can you assist with this. Customer Is Freida Alcott my number is 607 371**** and moms number is 607 967 ****. She would really like appliances before Thanks giving.

Rather than going through a store that subcontracts their delivery and installation you would be better off going through and appliance store that employs their own delivery and installation personnel. The length of time it is taking to find out if they can even install the stove should give you an idea if how the delivery and installation will go if you do make the purchase there.

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Long wait time
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
  • Installation And Product Issues

Lowes review in Auburn, New York: Lost wages comp.

2.5
I got 3 different install times and dates from Lowe ref. the purchase and installation of a double oven. I was offered $90.00 because of lost time (12 hours total) I talked to our lawyer (he lives across the street) He said to go back to Lowes and ask for at least the min. wage for NY state( $9.70 per hour) I called Lowes Corp, and got a what call a "BS" (basic standard) reply have my lawyer call Lowes law dept. I will never purchase a major appliance or have a big project from Lowes again. We have a Home Depot in town. I will not recommend Lowes for anything major.
Loss

Lowes review in Elmira, New York: Exchange store credit? SOMETHING !

1.2
I had a water tank blow it my house to inside water lines a sink in a tub needed repair I'm not going to do it at Lowe's now. The first time I came up I spent over $315 cash. Second time I came up it was $74 third time I came up within 24 hours a bit it was a hundred in for cash. I'm on my last leg in the basement I needed the right size fittings I did not get the right size fittings I have 1/2 inch I needed 3/4 I had a ball valve it was a half inch I needed 3/4 I needed more copper tubing I needed more elbows I need more shut offs and I needed more shark bites well I can exchange them without a receipt really dudes?! I'm so flustered right now I have my whole house down with no water no hot water, and you guys won't exchange any of it are you kidding me right now I've got over $70 in one little bag and I have spent over 500 at Lowe's cash now I find out I have to call an 866 number then I have to leave my name my license my whatever are you kidding me while I go without any water whatsoever because you guys won't even exchange something or give me store credit I'm not going to go anywhere else with it what am I supposed to do with the wrong parts what is that you say you're going to refund you say you're going to exchange you do none of that whatsoever.! Listen general public heads up go to Home Depot might be a little pricier they might not know what they're talking about sometimes but you know what they will make it right they always have thanks a lot Lowe's I really did have a good standing or so I thought but things change call me love to hear from you 607-684-1399.

You need to hire a plumber that knows what they are doing as it doesn't sound like you are in control of your project. Yes they are going to want a receipt before the give you a refund for $70 worth of fittings you could have walked out with in your jacket pockets. Do you expect Home Depot will be any different.

Review
Pros
  • Variety of choices i had

Lowes review in Ogdensburg, New York: Worst experience in 27 years as a contractor.

1.8
After spending about $10,000 in the Ogdensberg, NY store this August (2018) we've experienced the most unorganized, unprofessional service. We ordered a carpet installation for a rental house in July from Lowe's mainly because they were running a special deal for free installation. They told us that they use a third party company to come out physically to the house to measure the rooms and that they would contact us within 3 days of the order being placed at Lowe's. After 2 weeks we contacted Lowe's about the contractor coming to the house and we were informed that the order was never placed. Then we were told that the deal for free installation has passed. We then pointed out that we had ordered installation prior to the end of the deal. With that being said, the employee stated that it wasn't for the type of carpet we ordered. Someone in the department found the original display that allowed the discount for our original order. Finally, a contractor contacted us and set up an appointment to measure the rooms and stairs. From there, we hadn't heard from Lowe's in about A week. We con The original timeline we were quoted work should be done in the third week of August. well that never happened then we were told September 4th thru 7th but we were promised that the employee could get the installation installed way before then so our rental would be ready for the tenant by the September 1st. In the Middle of August, the third party installer(service pro) called us with an installation date of mid October. After numerous phone calls and trips back and forth from Lowe's to get this straightened out we lost our prospective tenant. The third party company, ServicePro, hired a contractor to put in the carpet and it was installed on September 14th. However, they only had orders for 2 bedrooms and not the stairs. They also informed us that they would refuse to put Berber carpeting on the stairs anyway which is what we ordered for the installation. They installer also informed us that Lowe's makes mistakes like this numerous times. After they installed the carpet (unsupervised) we found the closet bi-fold doors not replaced and one was broken. After numerous calls and yet another trip to Lowe's, they agreed to give us a higher quality carpet for the stairs gratis. So they had to send out someone to measure yet again Unfortunately, after speaking with the installers, the date of installation would be past October 1st where we already had a new tenant moving in. At this point, we picked up the carpet from Lowe's and hired a local installer. After such a circus, we unfortunately decided to not patronize Lowe's in the future. The lack of help with this situation was unbelievable. The store Manager, Angel, said there was nothing he could do. It's a bad situation all around because I believe when the store has such a problem with communication, bashing and name blaming amongst its employees themselves and also outside contractors, the manager should want to resolve such a situation so as not to repeat it in the future. We've made 7 trips to Lowes over this mess; thirty-five minutes each way. Over 8 hours of driving for unprofessional lack of service. Mike MSADK LLC My Lowes card # {{Redacted}} (that I no longer need)

You get what you paid for. They were trying to work with you.

Oh FYI, saying you've spent X amount of money doesn't get you anything special. If anything it sets a bad reputation on yourself as the guy who thinks he's entitled to special treatment.

Lowes Manager
Cons
  • There was so many problems and nobody to help
  • Lack of communication between employees
  • Lowes employees not returning calls
Never use Lowes Again
  • Flooring

Lowes review in Potsdam, New York: CANNOT GET STORM DOOR INSTALLED!

3.3
Ordered a storm door with retractable screen and needed installation. Gentleman came and measured, then got a call from salesman 2 days later that he was off for 2 days but could come in then to pay as they had none in stock but would have them when he came back to work. I went down that next, he was off, they had 7, I paid and the new new salesman put the install ticket ticket through right then..or so he said! Called yesterday, the install ticket had just been put through because they didn't have any. Asked to speak to a manager...he was in a "meeting " on a Saturday. ..and would call me back in 30 minutes. Still haven't heard and still have no idea when door is being installed. Should have driven the 35 miles to Home Depot!

Lowes and Depot are generally incompetents. You are always better going with an outside contractor.

There are more horror stories about Lowes and Depot than happy endings. These companies are scams.....and sometimes they hire felons.

Home Depot doesn't sell the same doors and Lowes. The Larson or Pella (made by Larson) are a better door than the Emco or Andersen doors you get at Depot. Just buy the door and either install it yourself (not a very difficult thing to do) or hire your own contractor to install it.

View more comments (1)