State: New York City: Rochester Clear all filters (8 of 4916 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes review in Rochester, New York: Lowe's destroyed the floor in our new home, no resolution a year later

Over a year ago we purchased a Samsung washer and dryer on a Friday from our local Lowe's store. At the time of purchase we told them that we did not want delivery until the following weekend after we had moved in. The salesman slotted us for a delivery 8 days from the time of purchase. The day before the scheduled delivery I called the store as it was late in the afternoon and I had not heard from them to confirm that the washer and dryer were going to be delivered the following morning. At this point I was informed that they had over sold the washer and dryers due to the state incentive and the sale price. The best guess on when more inventory would arrive was 6-8 weeks out. I stated this was unacceptable as we are in a new house with no washer or dryer with 3 children and that we had purchased these a week ago. After over an hour and a half of talking to people at the store they agreed to deliver the floor model they had. No discount was allowed for doing this. Delivery was scheduled for Saturday morning and finally mid-afternoon the delivery truck appeared in our driveway and the washer and dryer were delivered. Upon attempting to hook up the drain hose for the washer the delivery person realized that there was not one installed on the machine. At this point, while missing a family function due to their tardiness, we contacted the store and the solution was for the delivery team to come back Sunday morning with a hose from another floor model (another Samsung, but not the same model). Low and behold they did not show up until mid to late afternoon on Sunday and when the hose was attached and they tested the washing machine it failed resulting in significant water leaking from the machine. Enough water leaked out to cover our laundry area and most of our kitchen and then ran through heat runs popping one loose from the floor joist) and the furnace and also into the basement over our main panel box, water heater, and water softener. At this point I insisted the washer and dryer be removed from the house and was informed they would upgrade us to the next model up and deliver those floor models the next morning. I took the day off from work and finally our new house had a washer and dryer by lunchtime on Monday. At this point we started the claim process for the damage the water caused and a year later all we have is a ton of wasted time, a quote from their adjuster that does not include things like labor, removing appliances that are on the floor, etc and a floor in our new home that is buckled and needs to still be replaced. I just got off the phone with them yet again with a "promise" someone would be contacting me within two business days, shall I hold my breath?

There is NO WAY this is true!! Unless...

A)The water sat for months or B)Your entire house was flooded with no way for the water to escape. I doubt either are true!!

The reason nobody has contacted you is because there is no validity to your claim! Try again!!

You know if you sre not recording the calls then its what ever they say is true

View more comments (1)

Lowes review in Rochester, New York: LOEWS SUCKS

I bought a scratch and dent refrigerator from Loews in Webster,NY that had a small dent in the door,so no problem i can live with that.I asked the salesman if everything worked he said yes works fine just that dent in the door. The next day it arrives the delivery guys take the doors off my front door take out the old one and bring in the new one,and plug it in and NOTHING!!!! No lights sound completely dead! So the day before i sold my old fridge expecting the new one that just has a dent in the door to work but no,now I am out a fridge on Christmas eve with family on there way! THANKS LOEWS IN WEBSTER,NY!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear that - I bought a scratch and dent from Lowes in Henrietta, NY and LOVE it!

I thought loews sold groceries..not appliances. Isn't that a food store??

As working multiple departments in lowes anytime I have worked delivery several times and anytime we have delivered an appliance we have tested the product in front of the customer and showers them how it works. Anytime a customer is not happy lowes will gladly take the appliance back and if and dent ot or major scratching is discovered the very first the offered to the cutsomer is either a discount or offer to take the appliance back another. Your experience is based upon a lie and you can't even spell Lowes

I'm just wondering why you would have a new refrigerator delivered on Christmas eve. Your old one obviously worked or no one would have bought it.

What did you do with the food that was in it as it was gone when the new one arrived? Once you get a new one it takes time for it to cool down.

Poor planing on your part. If it had been me buying a damaged refrigerator I would have had them plug it in and show me it ran before I bought it.

View more comments (3)

Lowes is a let down

So last month decided to buy a new fridge from Lowes.. Well guess what I am still waiting for delievery, the dates keep being push back. They are saying that it's the makers who are holding it up, well why not tell the customer this when they buy a product, instead of saying it will be here in 4 weeks.. now its up to 7 weeks. Don't think I am going to keep waiting going tomorrow to get a refund. Since the Lowes logo now needs changing to not improving much these days. Sigh Lowes has lost my business for a long time.

Doesn't make much difference who you buy it from. If the maker has it on back order it isn't magically going to get to one store before another. Pick an in stock model if you can't wait.

Lowes Scams

What a scam Lowes is running, they now sell these discounted Pellet Stoves, about 3/4 of what a local stove shop sells them for. Not worth even looking, they don't have a clue where to get the pipe to make the stoves work, they basically sell you an ornament for your living room to set the mail on! Try the store mgr, try the district mgr, they are clueless about these stoves to. They could care less, they got the sale already and they can only tell you to special order the pipes. You get to guess what you need and then pay for the special order and shipping!

I PURCHASED A MAYTAG DISHWASHER ABOUT 4 YEARS AGO AT LOWES IN APPLETON, WI. I HAD TROUBLE WITH THE DETERGETN DISPENSER RIFHT FROM THE BEGINNING.

TO ADD TO THE PROBLEM, MY FINGERS GOT STUCK IN THE OPENING HANDLE MANY TIMES. IT IS NOT FUN TO HAVE YOUR FINGERTIPS STUCK IN THE HANDLE AS YOU ARE WALKING AWAY. NOW MY DISHWASHER DOES NOT TURN ON ON ALL CHOICES. MY FAVORITE DOES NOT LIGHT UP.

THAT WAS YESTERDAY. TODAY, A COUPLE OF CHOICES LIGHT UP BUT, WHEN CHOSEN, DON'T WORK. I CALLED LOWES TO SEE IF THERE IS SOMEONE TO TALK TO ABOUT THE PANEL, IF IT IS JUST A PROBLEM WITH THE COMPUTERIZED PANEL AND HE DIDN'T KNOW ANYTHING AT ALL. HE SUGGESTED THAT I CALL SOME 800 NUMBER TO FIND SOMEONE WHO COULD TALK TO ME ABOUT THIS PROBLEM.

I SAID I MIGHT END UP TALKING TO SOMEONE IN NEW JERSEY AND HE SAID THAT IS POSSIBLE. I SAID IT WASN'T HIS FAULT, BUT WOULDN'T BE BETTER TO HAVE A LIST OF LOCAL PERSONS WHO CAN ADDRESS A PROBLEM WITH THEIR APPLIANCES WHEN A PROBLEM OCCURS. "HE DIDN'T KNOW." I DON'T KNOW IF I HAVE TO BUY A NEW DISHWASHER OR HAVE IT FIXED AND HE COULDN'T HELP ME.

MY HUSBAND WALKED IN AND SAID HE SMELLED SMOKE AND IT WAS NEAR THE DISHWASHER. :cry :cry :cry :cry

View more comments (1)

Lowes review in Rochester, New York: Horrible customer service

Heard some Lowes stores are closing. No shock to me. Worse customer service in the country. Even the regional managers don't get back to you when you have a problem. The floor I purchased looked like my 11 yr. old installed it. They were highly insulted that we wanted it corrected. Guess they think once it's sold, it's sold. Well quess what? People tell other people and your stores are closing. HURRAH!!!!!!! I hope the sincere employees find another job soon. They'll be much happier at a reputable establishment that they can feel proud about working at. GOOD RIDDENS LOWES!!!!

it is due to LCD problem. Since i have the wtnarray period i consulted HTC AUTHORISED SERVICE CENTRE - CELL INFOTECH, Egmore, Chennai and HTC SERVICE CENTRE - Basvangudi Branch, Banglore, but i got ill responses.

MR Uday Kumar, 9884090092, Cell InfoTek Chennai, ill-treated us,i came all the way from banglore to chennai to get it serviced but there is no proper response and especially the guy guided us badly.My whole 26,000 rs is wasted now.

Whos gonna answer this. This is the way you treat your customers.I have no complains over the phone, it is the smartest phone ever but service centres are too bad, please educate those service providers to behave properly with the customers.Please take necessary steps to bring back my phone and take immediate actions on those service centres.

They sell junk. Get a real job where you know what you are talking about.

Nothing but failed contractors who are dillusional about what they know. Just another yuppy lumber supermarket gone and now you know how the real lumber yards feel. They sell warranties that are worthless, why not just go rent your stuff or go buy used because they have already out lasted you bs energy efficient *** and these owners are laughing at you for believing it with these bs electronics especially in washers.

Would you get in your tub with a laptop I can guarantee it wont last long. LOWES AND THE OTHER SUPERMARKETS DONT CARE ABOUT YOU!!

Yeah I just lost my job at the Lowe's that was number one in customer service in the region, so saying you're glad stores are closing jus goes to show how idiotic your comment is. If your complaint made it to regional staff it is because you are ridiculous in what you are expecting from us, and also being so rude and obnoxious that they have to keep passing it up. Get a clue about what you are saying before you bash people who are losing jobs because we are losing them because of cheap people like you.

Its customers like u that we can't stand always want something for free, if u read your contract the installer should of gone back out to fix anything u did not like, there's no way the store manager said it is what it is, and didn't offer any help or have the installer go back out, u must have wanted it done for free that's way they said SEE YA!!!!

Next time make sure u read why stores r closing its due to customers like u who want something for nothing !!!!

never had a problem at lowes.always good service.

Sorry about the bad experience. Maybe it was just that particular store.

Always had good dealings with Lowes. Home Depot cust serv was distracted (texting on cell phone) when I wanted to buy a washer and dryer and I complained to the store mgr.

His reply: "hey, we do our best. Have a great day."

View more comments (5)
Review
Okay- bought carpet to be installed from Lowe's. After it took 14 days to get an installer here- they proceeded to GLUE the carpet to our 100 year old PINE hardwood floors (oh did I mention that our property is Historical?)...I walked in with about 3 feet undone...

I bought carpeting from Lowe's and it is all waving and puckering.

Lowes was contacted time and again and will do ZERO to fix it.

They wrecked the job worse after each "Inspection" and will not fix it.

DO NOT buy carpeting here, they will NOT help you and WILL not fix it.

I promise you.

Thank you.

View more comments
Service
Lowes Installation
Loss

Lowes review in Rochester, New York: Purchased Door, 1 year later still not installed.

Last year I purchased a $3000.00 patio door. When the installers arrived to install, the determined the door had been cut wrong. The measurements didnt match, they installed anyway and for week we had to deal with cold air seeping through the large gaps in the door. Then they had the dept. mgr. come out, he agreed the door was not cut for my patio (which the measurments are taken at the time of order). Meanwhile my husband and I stuck towels in the gaps to prevent the air from coming in and the hear from going out; while they place another order for the same door, well we waited and waited. We finally called the store 2 months later to find out when to expect our door, of course the dept head was out, we heard back 30 days later; only to inform us that they ordered the wrong door and had to place another order. The installers came out to install door #2, only to learn that it was again cut incorrectly (based on the measurements when the order was placed). They had to place another order and told us they would call when it came in. Well, we never received a call, my husband called back 30 days later and was told to give a little more time for the door to be custom cut and shipped to the store. 3 months later we called again and was told the door had been sitting in their store for a few weeks. We were contacted by an installer notifying us that he would be out to install, he came. He took one look at the door and said "This is wrong again, Im sorry!. He called the store while I was there and told them they again the wrong door was shipped. He called me 3 weeks later and said, the door he left sitting in my shedd is the door he just hope it was cut according to the measurements. Four months later, I havent heard back from the installer. I called Lowes to speak with the dept head, who was very rude, put me on hold for 15 min. and when he reurned, I explained to him how I didnt feel I should have to pay the full price for a door that still hasnt been installed, he response was, OH you will have to pay the full price. After speaking with the financial company, I realized Lowes was paid in full for the purchase I made on my project card, now they were coming after me for a purchase that is still sitting in my shedd and the door that was installed with the large gaps is still stuffed with towels to now prevent the rain from ruining my kitchen tile. This has been a terrible experieince for me and my husband.

A door coming in wrong spec is 99% manufacturer or salesperson error. If it was detailed wrong the installer would be paying for the wrong door himself at cost plus 10%.

Needless to say, your installer is going to make sure he measures correctly... I've personally dealt with issues on doors that have taken ridiculous amounts of time to fix, mostly due to lengthy lead times from vendors/manufactuers.

You should keep in mind if a door is going to take 3 months, it will take another 3 months if there is a problem with it. Problems are common enough where I wouldn't wait that long if it was something that I needed/wanted ASAP.

The measurement errors are to blame on the installer, which is what the detail was for. I agree, the Specialist and/or Manager that placed the original order should have kept in contact with you (and been more understanding), but the store does order those doors from companies and sometimes it takes quite awhile (a $3000 door is not a common thing).

Also, the installers are not Lowe's employees, but contractors who simply work for the store. There is a rating system used for rating your satisfaction with the install which you should exploit if they do a poor job. However, in this case, honestly your best bet would be to return the door.

With this type of error those doors are refundable. If they disagree, call the corporate office and state your case.

Contact information provided by:

www.lowesceo.com

View more comments (2)

Lowes review in Rochester, New York: Ripped off $99 install/to $700

I had 2 windows installed by lowes and what turned out to be $99 for each window installed was @$350 each window and didnt use as much material as charged For 2 windows and install it cost me $1500. Also the screen had a few holes and the contractor has to come back and repair/ change some things, it has been 2 wks and I have heard nothing from lowes or contractor. I reccomend not ever doing bussiness with LOWES! RIP-OFF I also had the install person check out window job and they told me I coulnt have got the $99 install because I didot have enough windows put in. It is right in my contract! Ripped off in Rochester

Sorry for bringing this up from the dead, but I also tried to get the $99 window install and it came in a $300. As for retailer4life, what is not normal?

It's a rectangle...size doesn't matter, that's a separate purchase, and has nothing to do with the price of install. I guess the only way to get the $99 install is to have them remove a perfectly new vinyl window and replace it with the same one. If you're paying to get a window replaced, it's most likely old and not "standard" installation. Regardless of fine print, it's wrong to post $99 to get people in the door!

And come on...lowe's "specialist"...really? There's no such thing, that's why you work at lowes.

Hey, Shame on Lowes guy, I BET you wouldn't be that brave standing in my face saying that, girly man! Your Boyfriend would be holding ya back, wouldn't he? Also, I do not OWN a Lowes, pally wally, I simply work as a specialist in one, and if you did, you'd quit because you'd have to deal with idiots like you!!!

Well, retailer, you certainly don't represent many consumers! I, too, have been ripped off by Lowe's for the storm door installation scam.

I had to pay $35 to have the installer come to check my door, then $99 to install the door. It was done incorrectly. It is out of square. This *** is about as contractor savvy as the other miscreants at Lowes.

As for retailer4life, it's unusual that you own your Lowe's, and if we the customers are getting tiresome, why don't you just leave? You're useless.

YOU HAVE UNIQUE WINDOWS that's why you were charged more!! You people who come into my Lowe's really get tiresome!

99.999 percent of the time it's because YOu ALL have something different than normal or standard, and IF YOU ALL WOULD READ THE ENTIRE PRINT in the advertisements, you would know this!! At least be honest when you post your dumb complaints about the store, because you know as well as I and EVERYONE who reads this, you indeed have something going on that is different than the norm, admit it! And while we're at it, where's Mr.

"Lowes Knows" and his *** Lowes lawsuits one line retort for all these posts?? I'm sure if he tried, he could come up with at least another line or 2.

View more comments (3)