State: New York City: Stony Brook Clear all filters (5 of 4886 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Stony Brook, New York - Head Cashier extremely rude to me and her own employees

Samantha, the head cashier at the store located at 2150 Nesconset Hwy, Stony Brook, NY 11790 is a rude and unprofessional person, and I'm not sure why she hasn't been fired. I asked for help with one of my items and not only she was rude and nasty to me, but she was rude to the other store employees as well. I thought Lowe's was a better store than Home Depo. What do I not understand is why nasty people like this get assigned to be managers or to be in charge of the store? Is being an Assh*le part of a job requirement for these types of jobs? Don't corporations know that this type of behavior hurts their button line because employees like these scare customers away, and also scare the nice employees away? Every other week that I go to this store there are new people, but Samantha is always there. I wonder why is that. When is mobbing (bullying in the workplace) going to be taken seriously? It is not the first time I deal with Samantha, last time my husband and I was purchasing a lamp, and we saw her being rude to another customer, and that is when I finally asked for her name. Lowe's please train people about manners and fire this crazy woman ASAP! I would not shop at this store until she is gone.
Lowes Cashier
Pros
  • Location
Cons
  • Samantha the head cashier extremely rude
  • Samantha is rude to customers and coworkers
Not as described/ advertised
Preferred solution
I want Samantha head cashier removed from that job. She is rude to customers all the time and to her own co-workers
Featured

Lowes in Stony Brook, New York - Look what they did in my 91 year Nannie's home

Lowes - Look what they did in my 91 year Nannie's home
This is a mess. Someone from Lowes did call me. But guess what!! Yep, did NOTHING! I need someone to help her. Lowes (Stony Brook NY) hired Gemini (Jim 631-399-4369) to do work in my 91 YR Nannies house.Look at these pics. They are ALL taken in one single room. Lowes tells her the job is fine. Gemini went to her house and took pics and told her the work is food. Now both Gemini and Lowes are ignoring her. This is not fair to do to a 91 year old woman. I dont know how to help her other than ask for help here. I posted a few pics online.But I am not an expert with this kind of thing either.

Sadly, so typical. "not MY fault" is the rule Lowe's lives by, "we have NOTHING to do with the installers".

True, they can be sending a serial killer or a child molester to your house because, they simply don't want to "get involved" with anyone who they send into people's HOMES.

Wonder why, like a local building materials warehouse near me, they don't simply supply people with a list of installers in the area and allow the CUSTOMER make a choice as to who they would like AFTER they are allowed to do their own investigation(s) into the back ground(s) of who they are inviting in ? Or, they "could" interview, background check, and hire their own installers...but no, the prefer to "force" people into your home that they don't know a thing about and (possibly) would NEVER invite into their own homes.

#1420617

It looks like you gained some floor space during the project.

The real problem is that the old trim was re-used and is no longer of adequate length to run the entire length like it used to.

This is not the floor installer's problem or duty to correct.

That floor molding is obviously ancient, multiple repaints, damaged, etc.

It ill be relatively inexpensive to correct and look like a million bucks when finished.

She may be 91 but I bet she's had worse problems than this in her long life. It's really nice of you to watch out for her but it would be more help if you'd just get the problem fixed and move on ; don't upset her any more than you have to.

View more comments (1)
Product
Geminifl Ooring Flooring
Poor customer service

Lowes in Stony Brook, New York - Look what they did in my 91 year Nannie's home

2.5

Update by user Jan 06, 2018

I was contacted by a man from Lowes who told her she would hear back in a few days. As of today Jan 6, she has not heard from anyone.

Original review posted by user Dec 19, 2017

Lowes (Stony Brook NY) hired Gemini (Jim 631-399-4369) to do work in my 91 YR Nannies house. Look at these pics. They are ALL taken in one single room. Lowes tells her the job is fine. Gemini went to her house and took pics and told her the work is food. Now both Gemini and Lowes are ignoring her. This is not fair to do to a 91 year old woman. I dont know how to help her other than ask for help here. I posted a few pics online. But I am not an expert with this kind of thing either.

Only the worst *** handymen will do work for Lowe's because any competent contractor doesn't need someone to do their marketing and will not do work for half their normal profit. Basically, Lowe's hired someone to install the flooring (which they did fail at) and not do anything else but remove and replace the trim.

The job wasn't bid at a high enough price to cover any additional trim work, which is what the contractor thought fixing the trim after doing the floor actually was. Read your Lowe's contract and i bet it states that all that was in the price was to remove and re-install the existing trim, which is exactly what they did. (again, very badly at that).

You are probably going to have to take them to small claims court, but to be honest whether you have any recourse or not depends on what is in the installation contract you signed with Lowe's. Other that that you can contact your state attorney general's office and file a compliant, which i highly recommend.

Product
Geminifl Ooring Flooring
Cons
  • How they treated my 91 year old nannie
Bad quality
Tags
  • HARDWOOD FLOOR SERVICE
  • Molding

Lowes in Stony Brook, New York - Install for storm door nightmare.

Stony brook Store. They do not call you back, they are not interested in the issue, it's a joke. I have spoken to managers, corporate office. No difference, they hire contractors who sub work out and when you have an issue they tell you, it's not covered to fix it correct but to give a temporary fix they will do. Makes no sense. I am closing my card not shopping there again. So glad I had them install the storm doors I bought not to have any drama. Now I have a storm door that ripped the door frame to my exterior door. Their repair would be to put longer screws into the broken frame. Had the door been secured properly this would not have happened however when the installer is a sub from the sub contractor and is being paid $75.- for the day they are in a rush to leave and really don't care if it's installed correct. One would thing a large corporation would have a screening process on who they hire. Apparently, anyone can be a contractor for Lowes.

A screening process to install a screen door. That's hilarious!

Lowes Installation
Bad quality

Lowes in Stony Brook, New York - Lowe's Won't Install Dryer if Side Vented

We spoke to 2 Lowe's higher ups making sure that a dryer we order would be installed and side vented by their installation crew. Called the national line and were assured this was the case. The national person put us in touch with the manager of the local store. Same story - Lowe's will install and side vent the dryer and have it running before they leave. Crew arrives and states flatly we arent allowed to install as a side vent. They will not punch out the side or change the configuration from back to side. This is a total bate and switch statement by Lowe's that has left me stuck with installing the dryer. Consumer reports will hear about this and you should beware if you have to have your dryer side-vented. Lowe's has not lived up to what they advertise or what we inquired about specifically

The problem isn't bait and switch, but the installers themselves. Truth be told, all Lowe's installers are private contractors hired by the company.

When I say hired, it's more accurate to say given jobs. Lowe's doesn't pay them directly.

In any case while the store and home office may have said yes they'd install it, the installer themselves may have had policies against it. Call the customer support line and leave a note about this, and see if they can find a different installer.

Review
#190132 Review #190132 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Installation

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111