2.5
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Update by user Jun 10

Still unfinished, we have to gut the whole shower and start from scratch with an independent professional contractor. We've been without our master shower for more than 6 months and it's still ongoing.

It's been a tremendous inconvenience for me since I count on a handicap accessible shower. It will cost me another $9,000 to have the shower done correctly.

I'm forced to finance the new project through bank loans and government grants. That's the way things stand.

Update by user May 12

We're disabled veterans in need of a usable handicap accessible shower. And Lowes did NOT provide this to us.

They ripped us off and we spent $12,400. Plus their crew stole our jewelry.

Original review posted by user May 11

I'm writing the review to warn others to never use Lowes on remodeling jobs of any sort. The nightmare began when we first signed our contract with them on January 3, 2018. We went through the inside sales department. The job began with the saleswoman walking us down many isles saying "that would look nice"...and taking notes as we walked. The job was supposed to be a simple remodel. We looked at the Lowes website and chose some of the fixtures...new faucets, new lights, new vanity top and tile for the shower remodel. She kept pushing Onyx products on us. (the most expensive pieces, of course). We described the shower door we wanted but unfortunately it wasn't on the showroom floor. So once again, we mention privacy door and she wrote notes for an Onyx privacy door and shower pan. The vanity top was also an Onyx product. What they failed to mention was that Onyx products are special order items that can take a month or more to get in the Lowes warehouse.

We then find out that the stories about their contractors having thorough background checks was a lie. The first contractor was sent in for the pre-construction meeting at our home. They looked over things, made tick marks in a fancy notebook...flipping through the pages quickly and asked us to sign yet another contract with Lowes contractor. We were only allowed to call the project manager, who was never available. The vanity came in the wrong color so that was the first stop to the remodel job and it took another several weeks of waiting.

Finally, the new colored vanity came in and it was back to work for the crew. The crew was divided into sub-contractors of the Lowes appointed contracting firm. The first crew changed the start date to the second week in April 2018. Yeah, this was the fourth month of waiting.

The second crew, the tile guys didn't speak any English. They were two illegal immigrants working under the table. Well, we were told that they would only be here for two hours to finish the Kerdi sheet rock vapor seal. What really happened was they snooped around in a closed closet to find our safe and they stole over $2000 worth of gold jewelry. We had to make a police report and deal with the original contractor who denied the event ever happened.

We told Lowes that we wanted a new contractor. A week later, they sent a 23-year-old with one-year experience to finish tiling the shower. He tiled the shower alright. But none of the sides or the shower pan are level. Then he hung part of the shower door crooked into the tile and not into the studs making the door so crooked that it left a 1/4" gap down the side of the door. Then this young man told us that the other half of the door was too long and had to be re-ordered through Onyx. This meant another month wait. And now were into May and the entire shower looks like a person watched YouTube lessons before doing the tile work.

Today, May 10, 2018...we are still waiting for Lowes store managers to return calls. We tried Lowes Corporate only to be re-connected back to the local Lowes general manager. And he's either at lunch or left for the day. Lowes has been avoiding us for weeks now and after five months of waiting the shower is still not usable. The shower was supposed to be converted into an ADA handicap accessible shower. But the measurements don't match. We had another independent contractor come over to evaluate this shower and he just shook his head and pointed out all the flaws. His company could have saved us $4,000 had we chosen his company. The total price of this horrible remodel through Lowes came to $12,400. And the only way to correct the errors made, is to gut the whole shower and start from scratch with an independent professional contractor who warned us to avoid Lowes. Like I mentioned in the beginning of this review this has been a never-ending nightmare!!

Review about: Lowes Bathroom Remodeling.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: I want an independent contractor, Tony Stewart, to step in and tear out the pitiful shower and re-build it at Lowes cost. This shower has cost me a fortune and it's not up to ADA code..

I liked: Extended credit.

I didn't like: Dont care about you once they have your money, That they do not care about about customers once paid.

Comments

I will have to call bullpoop . as much as i don't like lowes the fact remains they do only use background approved people .

i know this because i work there and all my people have to have a badge to prove that .

2nd off the tile guy would not be hanging a glass door ( tile installer ) not door installer. And last off as of 2017 lowes did not offer tile installation in showers so i can't even understand who was working in your home but it wasn't a confirmed lowes installer !

to Anonymous #1488652

The job through Lowes was supposed to be done through Lowes including the tile guy who did the *** tile job. He was the same person who hung the shower door crooked.

This guy was only 23 with one year experience and Lowes said he was one of their contractors. I have had the job inspected by an independent contractor who pointed out the massive amount of errors. The measurements were not done properly, tile was sloppy and the shower pan was not level.I am paying this 3rd contractor $5,500 to re-do this shower and paint over the sloppy touch-ups done with non-matching paint. The independent contractor has agreed to totally re-do our master bathroom, gut the shower and start over.

His bid came in at $5,500 in labor for the shower and another $1300 in materials. I had to get a loan from my bank to cover the new costs. It will take his crew 2 weeks to remodel my shower the proper way.And Lowes, on the other hand, has made some small reimbursement to my Lowes credit card. One minute the refund is there and then it's gone again.

Lowes delivery people have not picked up the old material taking up half of my garage space. This is a factual account of my experience with Lowes.

to Anonymous #1526056

And I will call bullpoop to you! I'm currently living this same nightmare, 10 weeks into a 4 week bath remodel.

The gen contractor Lowe's uses in my area is so busy they are subbing out jobs, and the tile subcontractor told me HERSELF that the gen contractor never completed her background check and she had NO INSURANCE.

From her own mouth. So you may work at Lowe's, but you can't call this poor person a liar when you are actually clueless.

to Anonymous #1528969

Was THINKING of getting an estimate from Lowe’s....thank GOD for reviews! No way Jose!!!

to Prettylittlelady #1529005

Save yourself the frustration and high costs that Lowes charges for sub-par contractors. There are very good reputable contractors that you can hire privately and THEY will back their work.

They will also have the proper insurance and a dedicated project manager to help guide any work. At least that's how it was for me, using a private contractor. I had to hire another remodeling contractor just to repair the damages Lowes people had done. The new job was done in only 4 days and saved me $4,000 overall.

I'm glad it finally worked out. Now it's like I have a million dollar bathroom retreat to just relax in. I'm totally pleased with the job that Homeguard Construction completed. They are listed on Angies list too.

Check them out.

You'll see there's lots of highly recommended companies out there who will be more than happy to please their customers with great work. And word of mouth travels fast.