2.1
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

We recently purchased a counter top from Lowe's.Our experience was very good and we were happy with everything.

We decided to put in a fence in our back yard and trusted Lowe's in Warsaw, Indiana to do the job. June 14, 2017, we paid over 10,000.00 to have fence put in. We were told it would be 3 weeks before installation could be started as they had to order materials. Ran into Sales person, Gavin Weeks about 2 weeks later while getting some paint.

He told us that our fencing was in and we could expect installation to begin July 14th. 2 days before and day of, husband and I took off to make sure ground was prepped and see if installer needed help. The 14th came and went. No call, no show.

On 16th, I called the store to talk to Sales person. He was not in. Left msg on his cell phone, no call back. Finally called complaint number.

they told me someone would call me back. Manager Jeremy called me back and told me he had to call because of my complaint. He told me that Lowe's no longer handles installations. It's all 3rd party now and they have no control over when our fence would be put in and that I would just have to deal with it.

Told him, had we known they had no control over their promised work, we would have ordered elsewhere. He said there was nothing he could do, bid me a good day, and hung up phone. I spent the whole rest of that day getting mad and began my journey the following morning. I called customer service starting at 8:00a.m.

the next morning, determined to get some answeres. I was given so many stories as to why the fence could not be installed. I talked to 16 different people from local, area, and regional offices, each with a different story about different supplies that had not come in. One person said 4 posts had not come in, on another call, another person told me a gate had not come in, yet another person on a different call told me they were waiting on a missing panel.

The last person I spoke with said they were lacking 16 bags of gravel! I called the store back andbthey said they had 31 bags of that type of gravel on the shelf. Now I'm really mad. I did more digging on the internet and found a number for Lowe's headquarters in Mooresville, NC.

I made 1 last call to regional office and told them that if I didn't get some straight answeres, that my next call would be to their headquarters. The lady I spoke with said she would call me back with answers. The rest of the day went by with no call, so before office closed. I called regional office again and was told they had 24 hours in which to call me back.

In the meantime, I get a return text from Sales person, telling me I got him in trouble, and now it's out of his store's hands. Today, I get a call from an installer from 40 miles away, saying he will be installing the fence on the 15th of August, and that was the best he could do. It's too late for us to change plans right now. Other fence installers not associated with Lowe's are booked for the rest of the year.

Had we started with other installers earlier, we would have our much needed fence by now.

My advice to you...Don't order from Lowe's!If you have already ordered and have a complaint, call Mooresville, NC, and save your sanity!

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Had an Experience with Lowes?

Comments

North Little Rock, Arkansas, United States #1352042

Lowe's and Home Depot have both been using third party installers since day one. AND those third party installers make less than 50% on Lowe's and Home Depot jobs than they would have if Lowe's and Home depot hadn't been involved. So the problem is this, Lowe's really isn't responsible, (sorry to tell you that), the installers aren't particularly concerned about doing a job and making half as much on it as they would on other jobs (who would?), and thirdly, most of the installers that contract with Lowe's (and of course Home Depot) are struggling to get jobs, which means that they aren't necessarily the best installers out there.

Sorry, but that's the reality of doing business with a cut throat discount home improvement store.

to Anonymous #1357719

Does the customer pay the third party contractors or Lowe's?If they pay Lowe's then they are the contractor and third party is the sub contractor.

Therefor Lowe's is the go to for the problems.If Lowe's is only paying 50% to sub contractor then shame on Lowe's and now you have let the rest of the English speaking world know what kind of *** they pull.