Ease of Use

We purchased both a Maytag washer and dryer 2 years ago at Lowes and paid for the 5 year extended warranty on both. Since purchasing we have had the dryer repaired twice, both times it took a week or more for repairs to be made.

Recently our washer also needed repaired. This time it was major enough that Lowes rep contacted me and advised repairs were worth more than the unit and they would BUY out the washer plus remaining 2.5 yrs of warranty. Received check today but amount was way lower than what I as told it would be.

The rep I spoke with today said they do not refund portions of warranty even though I was told they would which makes no sense since the unit is trash and I paid for 5 yrs. BEWARE of LOWES extended warranty!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Washing Machine Warranty.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Lowes Pros: Price, Prices good.

Lowes Cons: Warrany guy out and warrranty service, Warranty.

Comments

the warranty is used when it is replaced. that's what it is there for. when you get a new one you have to buy a new warranty.

Sounds like you got your moneys worth on the warranty as they replaced your washer. Most of these extended service plans limit their payouts to the cost of the appliance and you got your full payout. If you had one $250 repair done in the 2nd year of the plan and no others would you expect them to give you a refund because they didn't pay out more?

PermissibleDesertTortoise
@Anonymous

They did pay out washer cost (not replacement) but I was just going by what the rep told me when he called and he specified they would also pay back the remaining portion of extended warranty on the washer and it would have been 3 years left on it as we have not had the washer quite 2 years yet. He told me the amt of check I would receive in 7-10 days and that check was 160 less than what he told me.