Owensboro, Kentucky

Went to Lowe's to get two boards. They didn't have but they said we could cut on in two for you.

I said "IK". Then the guy said, "But, we don't have a saw. Ours is broke down." I said, "When can you cut the board in half?" The guy said, "You never know.

It could be a day or two ir if they have to order parts it could be a month." I said, "Do you have another saw you could use?" His answer, "Nope." I said "Guess I'll have to go to Home Depot." The Lowes guy said, "Be my guest." And here I was thinking they sold lumber and tools. Silly me!

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Lowes Cons: Building supply store with no saw.

Comments

Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States #1179638

Same thing happened to us at Home Depot, same scenario. So we said "but don't you sell saws?" "Doesn't work that way." "Can we buy a saw from you, cut the board, and then return the saw?" (Ok maybe that was sarcastic.).

I just kept complaining and asking for their superior.

I eventually it got to head manager. He found a saw that worked in the back!!

If the saw is broken, it's broken. It's not like you are paying for the service of having a board cut.

You're so cheap that you don't have your own saw to cut the board but expect them to have extras sitting around to provide a service that you don't pay for and costs them money (cost of the saw and upkeep as well as labor to cut the board).

It's amazing that consumers don't appreciate the things retail stores do for them. I'm sure they won't miss a customer as ungrateful as you.