State: North Carolina Clear all filters (7 of 4889 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show
Lowes - New roof installed wrong, now leaking!
Contracted with Lowe's to put on new roof with lifetime warranty. The roofers only used 4 rolls of waterproofing instead of the 10 needed. They put the shingles on wrong and did not flash around the 3 chimneys, one of which is leaking badly. You can see the photos of...
Lowes Roof Installation
Cons
  • Shoddy work breach of contract
  • Horrible service
Bad quality
  • Beware Lowes Hardware Contractors

Lowes in Township 1 Charlotte, North Carolina - No help

5.0
Lowes - No help
Purchased door new home haven't had door for 6 months. It rain a couple days ago the door blew off. Door not broken lowes wont vome back and fix... so im paying for a door i cant use. Door installed with short screws installation horrible

I take it you are talking about a storm door. The screws you are talking about are the screws provided by the manufacturer to install the door.

Storm doors don't just blow off the house. Either someone opened the door in the wind and wasn't holding onto it or the door wasn't latched shut and was caught by the wind. Face it, they are like a big sail and will blow off the house if caught in a high wind.

Your problem is an act of God, not Lowes or their installers. You will also note that wind damage is not covered by the manufacturers warranty.

Lowes Door Installation
Warranty issue
Just come and reinstalled

Lowes in Jacksonville, North Carolina - The fence that no one built

1.8
Lowes - The fence that no one built
I ordered a white panel fence in July of 2018 and now it’s february 2019. This has been the worst experience ever. First off they brought the wrong material la to My house and left it all in my yard for two months Needless to say my yard looked like a twister hit it. After picking up the material they did nothing for another two months. Materials were dropped off in front of my house on my beautiful manicured yard where they are all still there as of today. The workers did start on the fence and literally I mean started. They were suppose to arrive at 11am but did not show up until 230 and left at 4:15. As of today I have 9 panels up and the two in the back have a one inch gap which was not suppose to occur according to one of the contractors and Lowe’s. I have been billed for this product since July so this should be considered 100% fraudulent . I have called and spoken to so many people since July and still my fence is not complete. I will be requesting a full refund for this disaster and will never use Lowe’s installment again.

Does your state license contractors? If it does you should file a complaint with the state.

It will put pressure on Lowes and their contractors.

In my state they also have a fund to compensate people who have lost money to fraudulent contractors. It could also strip them of their license and help avoid this problem for others in the future.

Lowes Customer Care
Problem with delivery
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes in Elizabeth City, North Carolina - Lowe's Window Installer Destroyed My House

Update by user Jul 03, 2018

Today I learned that the Project Coordinator is back on the scene in Indiana, not the Insurance Agent in North Carolina. I just paid out $22,000.00 to have building code windows in my house and Lowe's out of building code windows removed, and siding replaced from their window installer and band-aide crew they hired.

Sent the insurance agent and the CEO the bill. Gave them until June 27th, 2018 to pay. Nope, even filed a complaint with the Dept of Justice and they won't even reply to them let alone the adjuster that has been trying to get in contact with the insurance agent. Went to return windows to Lowe's Elizabeth City and they refused them on June 20, 2018.

Gave them 10 days to get them off of my property, and not responsible for any damages, or they would be deposed of. Kinda funny dealing with the Project coordinator in Indiana from Dec. 2017-Feb. 11, 2018 and he did nothing while I watched my house being destroyed, then it goes to the insurance agent Feb.

20 2018-whenever, now back to the Project Coordinator. Not only that, the Project Coordinator continues to tell the Bank/Credit Card company that this dispute is resolved and I have been dealing with them since Jan.

2018 on a monthly basis to continue to dispute the charge. Next step, Federal Trade Comission in North Carolina and the Attorney General in Indiana.

Original review posted by user Jun 03, 2018

I contracted in Oct. 2017 to have a 15 window install in my parents house that I am renovating. The last major renovation before selling it. Nov. 2017, they installed the windows and in Dec. 2017 I started complaining about leaks, hole in bathroom wall, installers threw away part of my siding, put roofing nails in my siding which cracked it, used washable caulking that ran down my siding when it rained, caulking cracked all around the windows, damaged a mulled window (still sitting there), damaged 2 bedrooms of paneling, ran out of wood for the trim so instead of a 45 degree, it was left straight, sold me windows not in building code. This is still a ongoing dispute and it is June 2018, HURRICANE SEASON! This has been a nightmare. After multiple phone calls in and out of state, I finally was able to reach someone that had the nerve to give me the project coordinator e-mail address (in Feb. 2018) to send pictures to him about the damages since him and his assistant were totally deaf to my pleads. In Jan 2018, another contractor for Lowe's came out and took pictures and sent his pictures to the project coordinator assistant, nothing happened. I did not get any reply from the project coordinator after I sent him pictures so, I researched and found the CEO e-mail address and included him in the correspondence along with pictures. Then I get a reply that it had been turned over to Lowe's insurance. Adjuster came out in Feb. 2018 sent his report to the Senior Claims Examiner in Legal in March 2018. April 2018 I get a settlement agreement, but by that time I had torn out the paneling and insulation in my walls, to find large and small holes in the outside walls covered up with moisture barrier tape that was leaking into my walls, mold and mildew in my walls, damaged floor, mold and mildew in my insulation. I requested that they include in the agreement that I could resubmit for the additional damages since the adjuster did not see this damage so I could have this repaired and send them the bill. Apparently not! The adjuster wanted to come out to assess the damage for the mold and mildew only in May 2018, not the holes in the outside walls, not the damage floor, just the mold and mildew! Their agreement states that I will not tell anyone about this, I will not sue any employee or their companies and I am suppose to settle for approximately 10-15 thousand less then what the damages are because of their negligence, incompetence, intentional disregard towards someone else's property. They have held my house hostage since Dec. 2017 while I continue to pay taxes, utilities, insurance, HOA fees. I have also had to start including the Senior Claims Examiner in Legal supervisor in my e-mail because of the games she enjoys playing ( out of the office from April 6, 2018-May 10, 2018, she was there on April 12, 2018) I am a senior and retired with limited income that has approximately $60,000 in damages from a window installer that is only licensed by the State of NC for fence, deck and siding! It is June 2018 now, I hope that no one has to go through this nightmare as I have and will probably continue on until they pay for the full damages.

Does Lowe’s use unlicensed installers ?

@Anonymous

Apparently so, this contractor was licensed for fence, deck and siding but not window install, checked around and the contractor wants to start installing windows. My house, his test subject.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Window Installation
Damages
Preferred solution
Full cost of damages and out of my life

Why hire lowes installation?
2015 I were hired Lowe's Home Improvement installed siding, windows and gutter; It cost me $40,000. Last year I have observed that my ceiling was stain I have no clue what is happen now the ceiling paint peel and water drops on windows and floor so I have to go up attic to check where it leaks I have observed that is *** from nail full out cause by the installing guy were nail on roof to hold the scaffolding during they install siding and windows when they remove the scaffolding they forget caulk the roof so over time the shingle expanse that why it takes longer to see it leaks when I up the attic I had observed that other side of house has a nest of bird I did not why I had keep looking you get what I had find out the holes other side of the house when they had removed old siding it was tear off the install inside when they replaced the new siding but it is not go all the way up to the roof so they had leaved the holes they also not replace the soffit. I am a handy man usually I haven't call to complaint because my house is too high and the roof was a straight I have went up to the roof but barely to walk it is sliding. My neighbor told me that to call Lowes don't kill yourself so I have make a phone call to installation department on Monday 8/7/2017 one of the worker answer my phone call his name is David you know what is told me I am apologize the labor warranty only one year so my warranty is over nothing he can help me we talk back and forth about 5 minutes but the problem still the same so he had switched to his supervisor his name is Mike so the problem is not be solve he had said the same thing my apologize the labor warranty only one year; He keep repeat over and over like a record about 15 minutes. I have given him a last chance to solve my problem. He said that he can't do it I have said that this conversation is over and I hang up. In my situation a leaking will take over year to see it leaks and the missing siding no way I can see from the ground. My BIG QUESTION FOR LOWE'S HOME IMPROVEMENT why I have to hire you. You go out to hire another contractor we do not know them so we liable on Lowe's to behind your customer now I have stuck with one year labor warranty so you can hire the contractor do lousy job. Nothing can fall down and go bad in one year. I am so disappoint on Lowe's because I expect on Lowe's too much now on all my project never and ever go to Lowe's I will tell my all friend and my customer do not use installation from Lowe's.

You signed a contract. You should have read it first.

@Retail worker

Retail worker...

For every *** job you do, may *** fall on you !

Lock up your trail or, karmas coming for you.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Installation
Cons
  • Corporate policey
  • Already stated above
Bad quality
to fix my problem

3.0
Lowes - Roof Panels Review from Aberdeen, North Carolina
My 90 year old grandparents purchased a $11,700 Tin Roof! Erica Woodward-Ford was the sales rep from Lowes on Laurinburg NC. She never followed up to see if the job was complete! She avoided my grandpa when he realized the job was not complete and went to the store looking for her! The installers lied to my grandparents telling them the job was complete and it wasn't! They installed a new roof left all the rotten facia board and broken soffit hanging from the sides! It looks horrible! I have been contacting Lowes for over 3 months. Everyone knows about this issue from the managers at Laurinburg all the way to the CEO! The last response I received was they was going to try and charge them more for something that should have been done! My grandparents are facing age discrimination by lowes and taken advantage of!

Did your parents pay for new soffit and facia? Normally a new roof is just that, the materials on top of the house.

If they contracted for soffit and facia it would say so on the contract.

If soffit and facia are not on the contract Lowes would be correct in asking for more money to replace them as well. My guess, by the price they paid, they just bought roofing.

If there is an issue with the tin roof your pictures fail to show it. Included pictures show problems with the fascia and soffit panels.

Normally, a re-roof job will not include those items unless specified and requested by the customer and likely performed by a different craftsman than the roofer and at additional cost. It appears that the reviewer does not fully understand the issue at hand and unfortunately is causing himself unnecessary anguish.

Unfortunately you are really going after the wrong people. You actually are stuck in the middle between Lowe's and the company they subcontracted to install the roof.

Lowe's doesn't actually install anything they just get the job, quote you a price, the sub contract it out to whatever company is willing to do the work and make less then half of what they would normally make. Lowe's keeps 50% of the money off the top for doing nothing but selling the job. Then the poor desperate roofer gets to do a job for half the profit he normally would. If the job was for attaching metal roofing, that is what they did.

They aren't going to go out of their way to do anything else that isn't specified on the work order. Why would they if they are already going broke doing work for Lowe's? This is how it works with any installations done by Lowe's or Home depot. The people that do the work are not employees of those companies, but desperate contractors that are getting paid a lot less to do the job than they should be getting.

So why should they care how well it gets done? And most unfortunately for you, the store personnel have no control or recourse to correct this problem.

joe_hall06
@Anonymous

Don't accept the job if you are not going to do it correct! They know the price before they accept the job!

They have obligation to themselves and the consumer to do the job correctly!

I don't accept excuses for laziness and subpar work! However I am going after everybody and as of yesterday they are going to fix everything 100% in two days..so once I see it complete then I will update!

View more comments (3)
Poor customer service

Lowes in Charlotte, North Carolina - VASPAR INTERIOR WALL PAINT AND PRIMER

Lowes - VASPAR INTERIOR WALL PAINT AND PRIMER
Lowes - VASPAR INTERIOR WALL PAINT AND PRIMER
It runs, spots, dripped down my walls ON MY CARPET AND BASEBOARDS IM POSTING PICTURES it was horrible I paid so much money on cleaning products it got all over my brand new carpet (RUINED) PAID AMOST $3000.00 FOR MY HOUSE CARPET THROUGHOUGH OUT AND GOES TO OUR BEDROOM. UNBELEIVABLE A MESS IT LOOKS HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!WE BEEN WORKING ON IT FOR DAYS wow I SEE I CAN ADD A PICTURE GREAT! the company is gonna give us only the price of one can of paint, this paint was expensive and we have painted our bedroom before with less expensive paint and it never did this.

Used too much paint, YOU used a wrong roller, YOU did not use paint drop cloths, YOU do not know how to paint, YOU used paint/primer paint, YOU should of done research, and lastly, YOU should of hired someone who knew what they were doing. YOU should not point fingers.

It's like tell a child while YOU are pointing a finger, there are four pointing back at YOU.

invader308
@YOU...

Wow who are you.... Take the easy way out hire some one.....Lazy

All paint/primer are horrible. Never take the easy way out.

That extra step may be the most important...especially on a dark color like yours.

I have Valspar paint on every wall throughout my home with no problems, but we did use Kliz primer. Just did a lot of research first.

What another frivolous lawsuit. Pissed Consumer website is great one of the few website where we can exercise our First Amendment Rights

IF these lawsuits exist, please provide more details.

Do you realize that pissed consumer already has lawsuits against them?

View more comments (5)

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111