State: North Carolina City: Jacksonville Clear all filters (8 of 4886 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Jacksonville, North Carolina - The fence that no one built

1.8
Lowes - The fence that no one built
I ordered a white panel fence in July of 2018 and now it’s february 2019. This has been the worst experience ever. First off they brought the wrong material la to My house and left it all in my yard for two months Needless to say my yard looked like a twister hit it. After picking up the material they did nothing for another two months. Materials were dropped off in front of my house on my beautiful manicured yard where they are all still there as of today. The workers did start on the fence and literally I mean started. They were suppose to arrive at 11am but did not show up until 230 and left at 4:15. As of today I have 9 panels up and the two in the back have a one inch gap which was not suppose to occur according to one of the contractors and Lowe’s. I have been billed for this product since July so this should be considered 100% fraudulent . I have called and spoken to so many people since July and still my fence is not complete. I will be requesting a full refund for this disaster and will never use Lowe’s installment again.

Does your state license contractors? If it does you should file a complaint with the state.

It will put pressure on Lowes and their contractors.

In my state they also have a fund to compensate people who have lost money to fraudulent contractors. It could also strip them of their license and help avoid this problem for others in the future.

Service
Lowes Customer Care
Problem with delivery

Lowes in Jacksonville, North Carolina - Rebate, what rebate.

Bought a washer and dryer from Lowes. Purchased in part due to a rebate offer. Trying to navigate to burdensome rebate application program on line and then find out the rebate has expired. Wife won't like it, but the new w&d are going back to the store and I'll buy elsewhere.... principle.
Review

Lowes in Jacksonville, North Carolina - Poor Customer Service Store 0556 Terminal 36/Manager Wayne Hart

2.9
-RETURN 36963-I approached the returns counter at Lowes, Jacksonville, NC on Western Blvd. at 6:00 pm tonight. I returned some locks that I purchased. The cashier was on another register and she told me that she would be with me in a moment. I said, ok. She appeared to be finishing up something on the register. I did not see anything unreasonable about that, so I waited. As I am waiting another customer walks up and stands in front of her register. Now, mind you she had already acknowledged that she would take care of me next. I just knew that she was going to tell them "Sir, I will be right with you after I take care of this customer (me) who was here first." To my shock and disappointment she waited on the customer who arrived after me as if I wasn't standing there and I must have nothing else better to do with my time but wait. It took everything in me not to explode. To add insult to injury it took almost 10 minutes to wait on the customer that she allowed to skip me in line. While I am waiting for her to finish with him I leaned over to get her name because what she did was wrong. At the same time I documented the time on my cell. When she noticed that me making a note on my cell she said "I'm going to get you next." I told her "I certainly hope so." Was it necessary for me to make a scene? No. Was I disappointed? Yes. Did the other customer have somewhere to go more important than me? Didn't matter. We should have been waited on, "first come, first served." So why did he need to be waited on out of turn? He didn't. Sharon made a conscious decision to wait on him. Did I need to write this negative review? No, but it has been my experience that you will never correct what you are not willing to confront. You don't get a second chance to make a good first impression. I leaned over the counter just enough to get her name off her name tag; Sharon. I grew up during a time where a person's word meant something. My impression of Sharon is that she has no integrity because her word meant nothing. I could be doing something else tonight but instead I am writing a complaint about an employee at Lowe's poor customer service. So why am I writing this because I do not want Sharon to believe that how I was treated tonight was ok, because it wasn't. Maybe she doesn't realize it but customers are the reason she has a job. Each an every customer that enters Lowe's has the potential to become a repeat customer or take their business to Home Depot because they know how to treat their customers. She needs to be reeducated on what "first come, first served means, " and to say what she means and mean what she says ("I'll be right with you" comment). By the way, I finally left Lowes after being waited on at 18:14:39/6:14 pm almost 15 minutes after she first said she would be right with me.

Maybe the other customer was already being attended to by her? That may have been what she was working on, on the computer? I mean, I know its crazy to think something was being done in the store before YOU arrived.

Review
#1196379 Review #1196379 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • Discount for veterans
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
That this customer be retrained so no one else has to be treated like I was treated.

Lowes - Workbench Review from Jacksonville, North Carolina

1.4
I was ordering a workbench online and to pick up in store for free, i typed in my zipcode, selected my store and made my purchase. When it came to the last screen, it told me my pickup location was in a completely different state! I live in NC and my pickup location was in MN. I called customer service right away and all they could do is cancel the order, and told me i would have to re order it. I dont see how hard it is to change my order to pickup at a different location! And to finish it all off, the money i spent has not yet been returned back into my account and was also told that it would take a few days to reflect in my bank account.!
Problem with delivery

Morehead City, NC Lowes' manager yelled at my husband & told us to leave & not come back for aksing a question...yes you read that correct

My husband now refuses to shop at Lowes at all. What I think Lowes thinks is this is going to hurt us. WRONG! We will be spending our hard earned money elsewhere. They will be hurt not us. Especially, if the manager at that location does this to other customers....it will hurt his so called store's bottom line. There are other hardware stores, lumber stores and plenty of garden centers in our area we can spend our hard earned money. We chose to go to Lowes out of convenience but no longer will. And, they think this only affects us. WRONG again. My husband works at a location that when they have an bad situation with a local business, physician, etc it gets posted and all are informed about it. Word of mouth is much more effective than advertisements. My husband is a United States Marine veteran & we used to shop at different locations of Lowes stores in our area of the east coast (New Bern, Morehead City, Jacksonville, Greenville & Swansboro). We are now in our third home in this location & have been talking about buying another home...maybe having one built...will we go to Lowes for anything....absolutely not. Trust me....I will also ask if the builder and contractors purchase supplies at Lowes...I will be telling them why I ask them that. I will hope they would consider purchasing elsewhere. I know the builder of our current home did not use Lowes. What did my husband do wrong. You may not believe it but he got yelled at for asking a simple question. Yes, that is right. The answer to the question should have simply been...if you do not have a military ID or DD214...you do not get a 10 percent VA discount at my store. Yes...that is what happened. My husband asked, "do you honor the 10 percent off for veterans day...like the Lowes store we were at the day before?" The only thing I could think of is the manager of that store was going to make an example of my husband for not having an military card or not having his DD214 paperwork with him proofing he was a Marine veteran. We did not know that you had to have ID or DOD paperwork for veterans day weekend. All that should have been fully explained to us instead of getting chewed out.......mainly because the Lowes in New Bern, NC did not ask us for it on the same weekend.....anyway....if we had gotten an explanation of the stores policies for that holiday weekend..........we would have bought the stuff anyway and went on our merry way....then most likely been back at one of the Lowes for more stuff. In the end my husband shut up and let the manager of the Lowes in Morehead City NC blow his stack. My husband even stayed when the manager yelled, "I will give you the 10 percent today but you need to leave my store and never come back!" Yeh, that is right. My husband kept his calm and just stayed & bought the items. Now, I must say....I would not have. I would have left the items there and walked away. But believe me...when my husband finally got to the truck....he firmly but in a calm tone......told me if he were not married......he probably would be in jail....because he would have gone back in there & beat that guy up. An quite honestly....I do know guys married & single that probably would have done just that. But then my husband told me he has finally grown up & has responsibilities & realizes that guy is not worth all that trouble. I have a lot of respect for my husband for that. On the way home I told my husband there is a phone number you can call to report this rude and uncalled for behavior. I knew that because I have had some friends that have worked at Lowes. And he looked it up on his smartphone & called to explain what happened. He was told he would get a call later & he did get a return call. We have since looked up on the Lowes website what their policy was for that day. I guess if we had our DD214 with us we would not have had a problem at least for that particular holiday weekend. If we had been allowed the 10 percent & not gotten chewed out for asking a question....earlier we were talking about going back to get the lumber we wanted & probably would have done just that. By the way, we bought the lumber & some other items at another store later. I just wanted to make these posts online so that other people will call the ONLINE COMPLAINT NUMBER when you come across rude behavior by the Lowes, Morehead City, NC store or any Lowes for that matter. Because being yelled at is not right. You do not have to put up with that kind of behavior. By the way, you can ask for the number by calling any of the Lowes stores in your area.

I made a mistake when I ordered a stove in Lowes Morehead city NC. I paid for the stove in advance and had to wait for 2 weeks to get it.

When it was delivered it had scratches on the cooktop glass. I had to call Lowes manager Pete several time to have the stove exchanged, he told me to wait, wait, wait as they were so busy to come to my place to pick up the stove. Two weeks passed nobody from Lowes called me.

This is their policy: they know if you don't make them take the product back for 1 month it will be IMPOSSIBLE to return it That's why they are not in a hurry to do what they are supposed to do... I am very upset and will NOT purchase any more product in Lowes.

How rude of that manager of Lowe's who started yelling at a customer who calmly and politely asked a simple question and did not cause any sort of scene or act like a *** at all.

I'm going to shop double at Lowe's now

Sorry to break it to you, but you not shopping at Lowes won't hurt them one bit. Also you're story is either fabricated or extremely exaggerated.

@SharkNasty

I had it happen with a employee of the electrical dept in Catskill ny. Customer service backed the employee. In turn he’s spread bad mouth about me locally.

Bull

View more comments (4)
Review

Lowes in Jacksonville, North Carolina - Needed replacement cooking grates for 3 year old Master Forge Grill

Contacted Master Forge two times about needing new cooking grates and was given a reference number each time and was told someone would get back to me. I never received a call back. I called back myself and on the third try after a weeks time I was told that they no longer make parts for my grill even though the exact same size grills are on their new, similar charcoal grills at Lowes. I loved their grill. Now I will look elsewhere for a product that stands behind their product. I was even told by one employee at Lowes to check with Sears.
xuilrep

Why not just buy a new grill? Maybe the new grills have longer lasting cooking grates.

MattD78

So if they use the same part on the new grill why not just say you have one of the new grills and need a cooking grate for it?

View more comments (1)
Loss

Lowes in Jacksonville, North Carolina - Did Not Believe The Costumer

We bought 2 plants with a 1 year warranty but they died within 2 months so we went back to Lowe's to return them. We lost the receipt but the worker said we could give her out phone number and credit card number. She checked 3 different credit cards and said she couldn't find it so she accused us of lying so she denied the return. Even though we told her exactly what day we bought them and what the cost for them were. We went back home and found our credit card bill then returned to Lowe's but the worker wasn't there so we explained it to a different worker. She checked the credit card number again and FOUND IT! And the 2nd worker apologized for the 1st worker's mistake. We didn't care about getting our money back, we mostly hated how the 1st worker thought we were LYING! >:(

Yeah, my brother deals with people like you all day. He comes home irritated because you don't think to come prepared like a responsible adult and shopper.

Clean-cut kids aren't the issue so much as customers who can't, don't or won't read the return policies and, yet, have the audacity to get angry when the associate refuses to take the stranger's word for it. Receipts are proof of sale and it is well within reason to require them for return.

Wasn't it amazing how much quicker you got your problem resolved when you brought in the receipt. Next time you return a product bring the receipt the first time.

Lowes return policy on non sellable nursery is the product shouldnt be returned unless a receipt is present.

nikalseyn

You just got a *** employee. That's not hard to do these days---most of the young people I used to interview for jobs were functionally illiterate and looked like they had just finished changing the oil in a truck.

I had a hard time finding clean-cut, literate kids.

At least you eventually got someone smart. Try that at Walmart!!

View more comments (3)
Product
Lowes Warranty

I also bought Troy Bilt *** at Lowes.

I bought a belt drive self propelled Troy-Bilt 21" self propelled lawn mower. The belt has broken 9 times in the last year and a half. I finally caught on (after 5 or 6 belts)that the belt that sells for $18.00 at Lowe's can be purchased for $3.95 at most real hardware stores. I also have a Troy Bilt push mower. It is a real piece of junk. Lowe's does nothing but say don't bring it back to us. I am a slow learner. I also have a Trow-Bilt Tuffy spring assist *** eater. I can't say what I think about it here. I will buy nothing at Lowe's again.
#193256

Also, Craftsman uses the same motor companies for the "specs" on their product. They also deal with the some of the same parts dealers since the parts "people" also have the market cornered with their "giants".

"Retailer4life", go to your displays in your OPE dept. and look at a manual for Try-Bilt pressure washers. Find the company who is now over the pressure washers. You will find that it is Generac.

The same Generac out of Wisconsin that handles some of Lowes generators. Use the # in the manual and call that company. They will explain why they have the rights over a product with the name Troy-bilt. It has to do with distribution and parts.

And they wanted to stay with an American affiliate. Peolple reading this comment. We have all the info and tools that we need to educate ourselves as consumers. We sometimes need some guidance.

Also, you are the only person who has the final decision on what product you buy. Everyone, good luck in the future and God Bless!

#193248

Also, remember this. Home depot--Cub Cadet, MTD.

K-Mart--Yard Machine, MTD. Bolens, Huskee(not Husqvarna), Yardman, and alot of others, guess what? MTD!!! one-third of Craftsman parts division is tied to MTD affiliates.

MTD is a giant that can handle mass distribution worldwide for all the companies that are affiliated with them. However, the companies under MTD still have their own rights with a portion of royalties that go to that company(Cub Cadet, Troy-Bilt, ETC.)They also have specification rights when it comes to design apart from MTD. There is a MTD brand that is called MTD. Husqvarna tractors are affiliated with Frigidaire/Electrolux because of the increase in popularity with their product.

Frig./Elect. can handle the volume of merchandise and move it worldwide. Most cosumer hotlines, sites, books or magazines will explain these procedures.

They will also give you a better understanding and show you yhe integrity of the product and company name that backs it. "Retailer4life", good effort, but, a little bit more on Lowes.net and some phone calls to the manufacturers in "our" store will help educate you.

I work for Lowe's, and the Troy-Bilt line that Lowe's carries is not Troy-Bilt. They are made by MTD.

Yes, the MTD of WalMart and other discount lawn care fame. MTD merely bought the Troy-Bilt name. Sort of like the Sylvania TV brand Sears sells.

Famous brand name, but made by el cheapo electronics manufacturer Funai. These companies merely BUY the name, nothing more.

View more comments (2)
Review
#194248 Review #194248 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111