State: North Carolina Product: Lowes Advertisement Clear all filters (2 of 8 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Bought a lawn mower from Lowes that developed into a headache

We purchased a riding lawnmover in the store and the advertisement said next day delivery. When we finished the transaction (this was on a Saturday) we were told that the earliest delivery date would be Thursday, well that didn't work for us so we had to schedule another day 14 days out because of our work schedule. The delivery men called on the day of delivery and stated that it would be 4 hours later than the agreed upon time and if we wanted we could reschedule. We said no, we want it delivered today. When the lawnmover arrived the men could not even get it off the truck because the battery was dead, so they stated we can take it back if you like and you can reschedule to have it re-delivered. They also went on to tell us that they were delivery drivers from another Lowe's store due to all the New Bern delivery drivers calling out of work. So we called the manager at the New Bern Lowes store and informed her of what happened and she matter-of-dactyl said, well you can bring the battery back and we will recharge it for you. Not I'm sorry for the inconvenience or anything. We finally got the battery charged and got to cut our grass three weeks later. I so very dislike Lowes not just for this incident but for others.
nikalseyn
#762048

Sounds like you are complaining just for the sake of complaining. Lowe's fixed the problem and seems to have tried their best to get the machine to you, etc.

Also, not sure why you feel the need to someone to say "sorry for the inconvenience" or similar.

People tend to apologize for every little thing, even when it is something beyond their control. I hope you bought a John Deere---otherwise, you will probably be sorry, anyway.

Review
Service
Lowes Advertisement

Lowes in Hickory, North Carolina - Deceptive Incentives

I received a promotional "spend $50 and get $10 off/spend $250 and get $25 off" with cards attached to present to the cashier. We spent $337.94 and I gave the girl the card, first she said she couldn't use that, but then took it. When I looked at the receipt, all I was given was 5% off - which I always get for using my credit card. When I called, what I was told by a Customer Service clerk AND a Customer Service Supervisor, is that Lowes does not allow you to "stack" discounts. What? Her explanation is that it's on the flyer AND on the website so I should have known. So, the promotion said come in and use this - but they don't really mean it! It's pretty close to fraud to me - make the offer look good and people don't read the really really fine print and oh, they should know because it's on the website. Why bother to send it out! Oh, I know, because most people don't even look! NEVER GOING TO LOWES AGAIN!!! Cut up my card.

They are still doing it almost 3 years later. Checker only mentioned it after transaction complete.

Maybe people don't care but I would guess they have lost more customers and have come out on the losing end. The stores are never very busy.

I TELL THE CUSTOMERS IF THEY HAVE SAY TEN ITEMS TO BUY,BUY EACH ITEM SEPARATELY WITH THE LOWES CARD AND GET 5% OFF EACH ITEM. THAT WOULD TOTAL 50%. but do it at different stores or different casheir because lowes will catch on to you soon.

@***OCIATE

You know that's incorrect right? It would still be 5% off the lump sum... 5% off each item equal 5% off the total amount.

Then I would have to ask YOU why would You keep shopping at Lowes?

Promotions are to get people into the store. Why should they stack?

Legally it's not fraud if it clearly stated somewhere on the promotion it is not useable with other discounts. Why you so angry about a minor discount? Stores need to make money!

If they don't make money they shut down and you no longer have anywhere to shop but WALMART.

@Heartless

If they had told the consumer at the register --either get the 5% with the card or this promotional discount then of course this misunderstanding would not have happened! I received coupon for them that MENTIONS NOTHING about stacking of discounts as we also qualify for a 10% DVA discount I went in to buy a dryer and was told I could not even THOUGH IT DOES NOT SAY that the discount cannot be used with the coupon and vice versa.

The mark up on the dryer is such that deep discounts can be given and they make more then their required margin. So I won't be shopping at Lowe's any longer.

@Caseyd6

It may have been in the fine print on the coupon or in the terms of your credit card, but I will agree that the cashier should have said something. Most stores will say, "You can either use your Lowe's card and get 5% off, or you can pay a different way and use the coupon, which is more to your benefit."

Keep in mind that, at least by me, since they are literally across the street from each other, Lowe's and Home Depot will accept each other's coupons. So Lowe's should not have kept your coupon if they only gave you the 5% discount for using their card and disallowed use of the coupon - then you could at least go use it at Home Depot.

View more comments (6)
Review
Service
Lowes Advertisement
Loss

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111