State: North Carolina Clear all filters (202 of 4844 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

Lowes in Winston Salem, North Carolina - Purchased Installation Service for Dishwasher

I purchased an in stock dishwasher with installation. It will take 9 days from date of purchase before it is scheduled to be installed. (simple installation, remove old one, hook up new one) Store did not even pull it from inventory until I called two business days after purchase. Installer did not call me to schedule. I had to call customer service to get installation date. If you want an in stock product installed, within a reasonable time period, DO NOT purchase installation services with this company.

if its so simple you should have done it yourself and saved the trouble and the installers bring the product so it doesn't need to be pulled until the installer is ready to pick it up

Not as described/ advertised
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes - Review in Supermarkets and Malls category from Winston Salem,North Carolina

1.6
Associate attacked a manager grabed her breasts.. HR gave the assaultd option of Letting it go or havimg him fired

Lowes in Garner, North Carolina - Bathroom remodeling

1.3
Doing big bathroom removal to big shower and replacing everything in master bathroom. First objective of project to purchase double sink bathroom vanity. Lowe’s suggest I have there people come out and do measurements and installation. They contract it with Progressive Remodeling. It took them 42 days to get measurements to Lowe’s. Progressive and Lowe’s both did not care about resolving issue. Still no vanity and my contractor is scheduled to do work in 10 days on remodeling of pulling out tub and shower. Had to take 2 days off work because neither one of them would say we lost measurements. Will find another place to purchase vanity, toilet, bathroom mirrors, flooring and misc item somewhere else. They was trying to get remodeling job for bathroom. Glad I Did Not Choose THEM for COMPLETE REMODELING! They used to be my 1 stop and shop for everything. No longer maybe I need to give Home Depot a chance
Order processing issue

Lowes - Bring Home Depot to Mooresville NC

1.5
The Lowes in Mooresville NC is a joke. How can a store located in the very same town as the corporate location be so terrible. Store staff doesn't care. Stock is never out. Choices are very slim to none. For a home owner that wabts to spend thousands of dollars with a local home improvment store I have elected to suck up the drive down I-77 to Cornelius and spend my money. I just don't get it. I guess it's why Home Depot is killing them on sales and service. Wake up Lowes YOU ARE LOSING SALES AND CUSTOMERS!!!

Lowes in Forest City, North Carolina - Carpet installation nightmare

I bought carpet for one bedroom because they said free delivery, installation and removal. I explained that I would be renting out the place next month and must have the carpet installed three weeks after I paid for it. No problem I was told. The carpet arrived at Lowes within 5 days. Service Pro, their sub didn’t have time to measure the room for a month. I talked the guy into an appointment 2 weeks after the carpet arrived. Both Lowes and the measuring guy said the installers would come within 72 hours. HA! Never called, never showed. BTW, I agree with the bate and switch review because the installer ( free) told me I need 28 linear feet of 12’ padding to cover my 12x 16 floor. I called Lowes and Service Pro 3 times a day- then started showing up at Lowes customer service every day this week. Promises promises. Lowes has an incompitant and devious sub contractor and zero control despite “ urgent requests and expedited order. I leave my summer cabin tomorrow never having been contacted by the installer despite numerous promises by all levels of Lowes Forest City staff. The rental starts in ine week. We have no local family to oversee the workers. So am I supposed to fly back to get my free installation?

Contact Lowe's installation management team (could be in the store or in a call center), explain the situation, and let them know the details of your situation and let them know that you have no other option than to hire your own subcontractor to be there for the install and to act on your behalf. Tell them that you understand that this is an installer created issue and that you expect to be reimbursed for the additional expense and ask that they charge the installer to cover the reimbursement.

If you don't get the answer you want from the first person, ask to speak to their manager.

You could also dangle this in front of the installer (the threat of losing money is a good way to move yourself to the front of their line)... It may get it installed before you leave...

@anonymous

just realized this was from 7 months ago...

View more comments (1)

Lowes - Manager Review

New manager. Olga Harasses customers for their reviews. She gets a big fat bonus. I find it bogus and disgusting. She takes employee phones to make reviews and they can't say anything. She is just not someone I want to work for.
Work Experience or Job Application

Lowes in Sanford, North Carolina - Poor service

3.5
Paint counter Lowe’s employee walked away, even with me saying excuse me, pressed the button at the service desk an they came back with an attitude “ individual was just standing at the other end of the isle away from the paint counter”. Finish shopping went to check out an register operator double charged I asked to have it removed again attitude an as I watched put it back on this went on three times I had to ask for the extra charge to be removed, continued comments an attitude again, I just stood in shock.

Were you double charged for the paint or did you see a second line added for recycling? In my state there is a state mandated recycling charge added to every paint purchase that has to show up as a separate line on the receipt. It isn't something you can refuse or they can remove.

@Anonymous

No actual double charge for items being bought other than the paint. It was clearly seen due to cost of item a double charge.

I have continued to utilize this same establishment an if certain individuals are working will use other avenues.

I have watched them repeatedly give bad advice, wrong information an poor service. Being the major and only type of store in general area there is little other options.

View more comments (1)
Problems with payment

Lowes credit card

Purchased $4000 worth of windows and doors, was talked into a guaranteed $4000 credit line to save 5%, so i applied and only qualified for $2000. No big deal, paid remaining $2000 in cash, payed bal owed the following week well before due date. Purchased $8000 for subfloor(building new home) , charged $2000 (Lowes credit) payed the rest in cash, great right, payed it off the following week again well before due date. Had the Lowes credit card for about 2 to 3 months, all payments in full prior to due date. I needed 1 more window so went into lowes to purchase on the credit card and declined, turns out Lowes lowered my limit to $300 with no notice to me which just that lowered my credit score almost 100 points on my credit score. From 700 to 600 in a blink. Called customer service and of course they are very sorry BUT due to periodic reviews there is nothing they can do for me and so much for the letter they sent somewhere explaining why it sucks to be me. Home depot and Blevins here i come, appliances, flooring, lumber, lighting, plumbing, kitchen cabinets, sinks ,vanities, toilets, fixtures, interior doors and locks, landscaping, and the list goes on, you do the math. Sure hope this qualifies for a law suit, bet your hiney im gunna find out, would be nice to build my house for free, then who would it suck to be!

You don't have an account with Lowes, you have an account with an independent credit company. Most credit companies will review your credit from time to time and I would guess you may not have had excellent credit as you were only offered a $2,000 limit to start with.

I really doubt that their lower your limit caused you rating to drop 100 points. I think you will find the heavy use of your various accounts during your building project is what actually lowered your rating

Um. No.

It did drop 105 points from this incident specifically and I DID have good credit.

There are no "various" accounts that I had, it was specifically this one or I paid cash. But thanks for your input.

Not correct.

View more comments (2)
Problems with payment

Lowes in Sylva NC is terrible

I waited on a delivery for 1 month. The day of the delivery i called at 3pm they could not tell me it was going to ne delivered. It was not delivered. They did call to tell me they sold the shingles i bought to someone else. The manager Mark is awful, he is so unorganized. Fire him now. My boyfriend had to go today to pick up our material because my builder will be at my house first thing in the morning. People save your money go somewhere else or you will be sorry. This is the second time we have had a delivery and both times they have lied over and over. They have horrible customer service.

Lowes in Kinston, North Carolina - Will never go to Lowe's again

LOWES HAS TOTALLY LOST A LONG TIME CUSTOMER..... WE ARE NOW ON DAY 34 WAITING ON A PAID WARRANTY REPAIR FOR A BROKEN WASHER BOUGHT FROM THEM ONLY 3.5 YEARS AGO. WARNING TO ANYONE DEALING WITH LOWES....... JUST DON'T! Lowe's has gotten too big, and the customer just doesn't matter to them any longer. I'll be glad to go somewhere else where my money buys quality and better service. It WILL NOT be Lowe's Home Improvement in New Bern or Kinston, NC. Total disappointment. Even with their 5% Lowe's card discount, AND our 10% Veterans discount, it's just not worth putting up with their poor quality, horrible customer service, and extremely long repair times. Anywhere is better than Lowe's to buy appliances that you need to last more than 3.5 years.

bye

Why were you a long time customer if their quality is so poor? You realize that Lowes doesn't manufacturer the products they sell, don't you?

They offer appliances from a variety of manufacturers. It was your choice as to which one you chose. You don't provide any detail as to what the delay is. Is it a lack of service help or are they waiting for parts?

My guess is that you chose to purchase a washer manufactured in Korea and are now waiting for parts to get here from Korea. Not saying that the Korean appliances aren't good, but when there is a problem, repairs often take time due to parts availability.

@Anonymous

I was a long time customer prior to this last fiasco. Should not take over 34 days to do a warranty repair on one of the washers they sell and service, no matter where it came from.

It took 14 days from the first phone call for their serviceman to come look at it. Their customer service is here in the US and very poor.

Slow, to say the least. Since there were no parts necessary to declare the appliance, “BEYOND ECONOMIC REPAIR”, your last statement is moot

@Dobieden

Lowes has to work with manufacterers to get parts and ISP's to get repairs, and depending on the appliance can take a while. There is more to factor in then just Lowes, they don't make or stock the parts.

@Anonymous

It took Lowes 17 days to send a serviceman out to look at the washer, called in on a WARRANTY repair. If Lowes can't do better than that, they will continue to lose customers.

I had to call Lowes 4 times over the next 14 days after the serviceman came out to push him to file a report that he told me he filed the DAY AFTER he looked at the appliance. He works for Lowes. Lowes never called to follow up after numerous complaints. The unit is beyond economic repair.

That was stated when the serviceman was there 17 days after I made the original service warranty call. So why am I still waiting 37 days after that original call, for a refund so I can go get another washer?

Why am I still going to a laundramat because I'm still waiting on a Lowes warranty repair 37 days after I called in for a service repair? If Lowes sells the appliance, and charges even more for an extended warranty, then the customer should not have to wait over a month for a required appliance for human comfort.

@Dobieden

Your response is confusing. You say you have been waiting over 34 days for a repair but in your last sentence you say they declared it beyond economic repair.

Which is it? If it was declared not worth repairing you usually end up getting a credit towards a new washer from the service plan. Keep in mind the service plan is through a company other than Lowes.

Doesn't make a lot of difference what retail store you buy one of these service plans from, the repairs don't happen quickly. It will be interesting to see what happens if they ending up giving you credit to buy a new washer at Lowes since you aren't going back there.

@Anonymous

A refund or replacement is considered a “repair” of a broken appliance covered by a LOWES warranty, for an item bought at Lowe’s. No matter who the warranty is through, when you buy a warranty on an item purchased at Lowe’s, then LOWES is required to fulfill the coverage, not any other company.

Beyond economic repair means LOWES is required to replace or fully refund the original cost on a LOWES gift card (absolutely refused) or a repayment check. I am STILL WAITING on that check

View more comments (6)
Review
Cons
  • Lousy service after the sale
  • Customer service was the worst
Warranty issue