State: North Carolina City: Shallotte Clear all filters (8 of 4920 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes rebate program is a scam

on November 11, 2018, we purchased a washer and dryer combo that exceeded their $396 per appliance rebate price. Sent all purchase materials to their rebate center on Nov. 12, clearly showing the appliances and purchase price on the receipt. Received a letter today Dec 26 that sales receipt did not indicate the purchase of two or more appliances for $396 or more. WRONG, the receipt clearly showed the purchases. Lowes rebate center says I must resubmit receipt prior to Dec 31. So they sat on my rebate until the last minute, before sending the scam letter, knowing a resubmission will probably never get to them by Dec 31, so now they have another bogus reason to not pay the rebate. Glad I only purchased two appliances, so I only lost $75. Shame on you Lowes for treating customers this way
Service
Lowes Rebate
Reason of review
Rebate scam
Preferred solution
I want my rebate.

Lowes review in Shallotte, North Carolina: I'm A Lowe's Customer and want my rebate wahhh wahhhh wahhhhh

I was working at my register at Lowe's and a man comes in and says he wants his last day rebate for buying a bunch of *** insulation. Well,the rebate didn't print out as it was ENDED that day and another associate had to practically wipe his *** to get the rebate from the website for him. THEN he goes back to get more *** insulation so he can get his rebate again and a hundred dollar gift card for buying so much *** insulation. What kind of idiots are you guys that come into our store? Can't you come in without having issues to fix? You all make me want to vomit.

you know he's going to return all that stuff anyway when he gets his rebate back. happens all the time.

retailer4life, you are a ***.

He's also the customer that will be back at the service desk next week screaming as to why his rebate hasn't come in the mail yet.

Christine

you are a ***

View more comments (3)
Product
Lowes Gift Card

Lowes review in Shallotte, North Carolina: Lowe's Ceo And Others You Suck

I have worked in your southport store for a number of years and HATE IT. you try and tell us we don't deserve breaks and the cashiers can't sit down on stools without a doctor's note. We are so unterstaffed its not even funny. Your customers are *** who treat us like *** but YOU are the ones responsible for our discomfort. You turn the heat on in the summer and the air conditioner in the winter to save your *** big bucks. I'd like to shove a plant with thorns up your butts yes i would. You and your *** customers SUCK ***. Yeah,try and find me ***.

Ladies, you're right. Unfortunately this is going on everywhere, in some places worst than others, but seems to be present at some dregree in all sorts of business.

If the associates are treated bad the customer is treated worst, just obvious.

Talking to the boss or going beyond is the answer, or no one will have a job when the doors shut. When it stops being fun its time to move on.

If you think that's bad just think about you not being able to go out of the store for your break since the managers think they will need you. Worst place is in the Spokane Dist. since I heard they are all old eagle people and are worry about their jobs.

Andrea

Why hide your feelings? I work at Walmart and stand on my feet all day on a concrete floor.

You are due your breaks, but that is for a judge to enforce. Why not sue instead of writing here?

No one here can do anything about it. YOU can.

View more comments (2)

Lowes review in Shallotte, North Carolina: Lowe's Customers Have No Brains

Do you know how *** *** you guys are ? I had three of you *** idiots come in with your lowes cards and were over the limit and had to call the one eight hundred number while you *** held up my line. You all have signs over your heads that should read DUH! I DON'T KNOW MY CREDIT LIMIT AND I AM BUYING A LOAD OF ***! I just got home from working with you idiots and you all have the worst attitudes and I'm usually a very nice person but nooo you had to all ruin my night. Thanks a *** lot.
#142033

Sophie,

Welcome to the world of retail sales. I once worked at Staples, and the customers there are not any better, trust me.

But you have a job, and your paid to be polite, and I know it's not easy. If you dont like dealing with the public, get another job.

dont you think they know there maxed out just trying to buy more nothing they need but have that tooo much shopping cant stop problem. They should be there applying for a job to pay down there acct not put more on and having no intention of paying it back.

The retail worker shouldnt stoop to there level, hardworking customer servicing peeps a job most cannot do, YOU KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !!!!

theyll get theres. LIKE THE ENTIRE ECONOMY COLLAPSE NOW THERES THE DUH!

what economy issues theres no problem. Just keep on bashing the blue collar worker, backbone of America sacrificing there daily lives to happily serve.

Sapphie I think you need a change in career plans.

It's funny that an employee say's that customers brought ***, that just goes to show Lowes does sell *** Cos even their own staff say so!!!

I mean it. You rude *** dumb lazy Lowes customers suck donkey cox.

I'm not kidding.

You need to be schooled in how to shop in this store with your hateful attitudes. ALL OF YOU!

You sound like a real winner. I bet the management at Lowes is glad you're on their team. Get a life LOSER!

You are going around using profanity and calling people names, exactely how old are you? How intelligent are you that you go around calling other people *** and ***. You sound like my four year old when he does not get his way.

Seriously this two year old needs to have a seat in the timeout chair. Either that or he is cranky because it is way past his bedtime.

View more comments (7)

Lowes review in Shallotte, North Carolina: Lowe's hardware

WENT the shallotte,nc store to buy a 999.00 dollar lawn mower..YOU advertised that you will deliver a washer or dryer for 299.00 free but you won't deliver a riding lawn mower that is worth alot more..we had just built a 15x24 shed with all materials being bought at lowes and fencing...you have just lost a lifetime customer...all for nothing...what a shame. alo it was a great place to buy all my flowers and everything i needed for the yard and house...we will never step foot in the doors again and be sure word of mouth goes along way in this small town

Maybe he does his laundry with his lawnmower. Saves water, electric and not to mention the folding time is zero which leaves more time for complaining??????????

What does free delivery on an appliance have to do with delivering a lawn tractor? Open your eyes--everyone offers "free" delivery on appliances.

Don't be fooled, they have all built the delivery charge into the price of the appliance. Sure, they could change the price of the tractor to $1050 and say they will deliver it free as well.

View more comments (1)

Lowes review in Shallotte, North Carolina: *** Lowe's Customers

All you guys do is *** and complain. We bend over backwards for you. You DESERVE shoddy service for waiting till we close to come in and order your ***. Go to home depot. We don't want you anyway. And haha corporate you don't know who I am. Go shove it. Nobody can find out me. I hate you and your *** *** customers. They and YOU make me SICK. You never give breaks or lunches and never let the cashiers sit down or go to the bathroom or anything. Screw Lowes and all it represents. Period. Ug.

Hit it right on the head. They don't allow bathroom breaks, they treat people like ***, especially Lowes #3000's Chris A.

He's got an *** beating coming.

I just hope he never had kids. I'm sorry for his wife having to put up with his 1/2 inch ***

then get a new job

Sounds like you need a new job.

you so *** lazy!! you bend over backwards??

what a load of ***!! if that were the case you wouldnt mind customers coming in close to closing time!! All u do is stand by your *** register anyways aint like you stock anything or do any heavy lifting!! ALL you do is stand there and ring people out.....so please save your *** drama!!

Its your freakin job!!

you get paid to help us!! put a smile on your face, say Welcome to Lowes and shut the **** up!!!

it a do it yourself store !!!!!!! why are u complaing if you don't know how to install or fix your own sinks and faucet lowes has the most liberal return policy buy the snow blowers before storn then return and say it doesn't work anymore mmmmmmm all it did was run out of gas !!!!

View more comments (4)
Review

Lowes review in Shallotte, North Carolina: Sucky Lowe's Customers And Their *** Attitudes and Actions

I work in Lowe's in Southport,NC. I am sick of dealing with some of the dumbest and unthinking customers in the world. First of all,let it be known I bend over backwards for every customer no matter how rude they are. For you lovely customers out there,get a clue and DO NOT come in five till close to do an installed freakin sale. We have to wait till your slow butts are out the door before we can begin to close our departments and our registers on the front end. Also,use some brain cells and please do NOT come in at five till close to return and dump a load of lumber at the return desk. That is what the LUMBER area is for. And bring a freakin receipt for freak's sake! If you don't have one you get a gift card and of course most of you just complain and gripe about it. And STOP pressing the help buttons five hundred times!!! WE HEAR YOU!!! Sometimes we are helping others and can't get up there in five seconds like you expect us too. You guys need to remember...just because your rich butts live in St. James and you come in wearing those gosh awful bermuda shorts that we are beneath you and don't matter. I got news for you. YES WE DO. PERIOD!!! PISSED OFF EMPLOYEE

and i smart cookie learn to spell before you criticize anyone else you seem uneducated.

It does suck to work in retail and its so annoying some people act like they are the only ones in the world like no one else or nothing else even matters. I hate when customers stroll in at 5 minutes til closing time its like they do it on purpose which makes it harder for everyone to get home on time.

consider the people who need to get their children from day care or the people who have no vehicle and have to take a bus home in freezing cold weather at 11:00 at night. They dont deserve to be walked over by a bunch of inconsiderate snobs.

they deserve to be treated like any other human being. I hate when people are selfish and inconsiderate and waste peoples time for no god *** reason grow up and get lives

u dont seem to be the shrest blade in the drawer big boy . first u tell the company u work 4 exactly what u think of ur job ***. so to tell us we are *** wow or maby u dont work 4 lowes anymore .

I always have had great experiences at lowes when I go there. They always smile and are happy to show me where the restrooms are since I don't like using the one at my house.

Always with a smile too... I also like taking my kids to mcdonalds and then to lowes so we can eat in the parking lot and let them play in the sheds they have on display...Not that I intend on buying a shed or anything for that matter..I just enjoy taking up space in the parking lot. I just wish they would make sure to keep there soap dispensers in the restroom full..Onetime they were out of soap and I came in at 6:01 am and I ended up having to dryshave...I complained to the manager about being out of soap Bu t at least they had plenty of paper towels to clot my shaving cuts. I also enjoy their contractor cookouts they have..even though I'm not really a contractor and the only thing I've ever built was massive debt on my 15 credit cards.

I also love the way they cave and give me my "Just because I'm Alive" DISCOUNT! I love Lowes when I'm mad at home depot :upset I love taking up peoples time asking many *** questions when I really have no intention of buying anything and especially i9f there are other real customers with checkbook in hand or cash ready to drop a huge purchase :p I also love taking pieces of hardwood that a friend gave me and that I have NO CLUE of who made it..Model number...Item Number and no name (Unless I just Make up a name) trying to save face and get an employee to call every vendor in the U.S. and describe the hardwood flooring in their hand.

:grin As you can clearly see...I HAVE NO LIFE...and I don't intend on buying one from Lowes even if it is marked down 50% and even if I did I'd return it and try to get list price for it. :p I am the common customer ;)

The only problem I had with Lowes is getting something custom made and there installers. Had a cabinet top put it, they came out and measured it.

When they put it in they had measured the wall as beeing square. The just missed it by a 1 1/2. Had a nice gap and they would not take it back. Same with windows same problem, this time it was 10 sets, none fit.

Had better luck at Home Depot but there not to bright either. :(

ps. I no longer shop at the Lowes in northern Delaware because of poor customer service.

hey there, we all have to deal with inconsiderate, greedy people no matter what side we are on. I have been on both sides.

Please don't laugh, but I think it would be useful to teach the children more respect, integrity and knowledge of what is important. Many people that you describe are probably just not good thinkers or problem-solvers and many are just impatient, selfish and greedy.

Fear and greed ruin things. that's all.

Heres another gripe about customers....It is HOME IMPROVEMENT. Not Trailer Improvement...Go to a mobile home supply House for your ***!

quit *** at me Because we don't have it. Or Better yet "BUY A HOUSE"!!!!

FYI

www.lowesceo.com :zzz

I hear ya Sapphirea. It is even better when you work for a small business owner.

Picture this....the place closes at 5:30, you are balancing the register and closing out for the day. You have a stay at home female that had ALL DAY to come and shop just realized they ran out of a product. The time now is 6pm. :cry You have a 1/2 hour drive home, your own family to get home to, cook a meal for them, clean up, pay bills, etc, etc.

The owner says, OPEN THE DOOR, LET THEM IN and you are there for another 20 minutes because the customer is "looking around" and chatting it up because it is apparently they do not have anything better to do at the moment. In the meantime, another set of people strides in EVERN THOUGH there is a sign posted on the front door with the hours and the CLOSED sign is up, so after a 5:30 closing one leaves about 6:30. People just do not care or realize that even people that have businesses or work in retail also have a life, families and other responsibilities. Most people that own a business or are managers are there 60-80 hour per week and then go home and STILL work on business related tasks such as orders, new products, paying bills, meetings, etc, etc.

Sure it was their choice to open a business, but than does not negate the inconsiderate behavior of some people that are the constant abusers of that business owner. There are business hours for a reason...people DO have families, homes and other tasks to do besides their business. People do not respect other people or their time. I understand the whole customer service thing, BUT do customers, even GOOD customers care or respect that business owner as NOT to take advantage of them?

No. Inconsiderate!

They just take advantage of people. One will not understand until one walks in those shoes.

No. Inconsiderate!

You probably do bend over,***!

View more comments (11)
Review

Lowes review in Shallotte, North Carolina: Totally Dumb and Sucky Customers Who Drive Lowe's Employees NUTS!

I work at Lowe's in Southport NC. I can't BELIEVE the attitudes some people have. Now,let it be known I bend over backwards and am nice to everyone no matter what but i have to vent. You lovely customers need to STOP coming in at five till close to do an installed sale. We cannot pull the money from registers till your *** is out of the store and it makes it harder on us. Another thing, you need to get a clue and a BRAIN and not wait till five till close to return 500 boards of lumber at the RETURN desk. That's what the lumbar area is for,though I doubt they appreciate that either. And if you DO bring a return,use some brain cells and BRING THE *** RECEIPT! If not you are getting a gift card. But of course you are going to *** and whine and moan about that because most of you no matter how hard we try want MORE MORE MORE sucking us dry like vampires. We are people too. I don't care if you live at St. James. WE MATTER TOO! THINK before you act. Period. I'm done now.

My favorites are the customer that actually gets pissed because we don't carry the twin male extension cord, that is an extension cord with a male plug on both ends. Or the ones looking for the 3 prong to 4 prong adapter for their new dryer.

Neither of these things actually exist. LOL They are right up there with the board stretcher.

another thing when you bring back the grass seed/ fertilizer throwers that you used to seed your yards ...MAKE SURE to (Wash them OUT) wouldn\'t want another customer who actually wants to purchse something they intend to use several times to see it\'s already been used and returned..might get the impression that the previous customer that purchased it was cheap

well I had a customer come in 5 till 10 with her son who was purchasing a carpet install. First time I've ever seen the woman...had been talking to him and his fiancee for 3 weeks prior about the install and carpet choices and leadtimes.

When she showed up I filled out the contract he signed it and I sold it thru the system. The next thing I know after 10 minutes of contract jots and tittles his mother said they wanted installed in 3 days...wellllllllll he had chosen special order carpet and he and his fiancee were aware of the leadtime of 2weeks. It was already 10:10 and registers were closed so I offered to correct everything first thing in the morning and they could pickout an instock carpet to be installed in 3 days..But what she didn't know the boy and his fiancee had already looked at ionstock carpet and didn't like it. Anyway after she went bonkers I went to my car in the parking lot and this lady was still going ape in the parking lot screaming and grunting like some sort of spastic clown.

Evidently the mother in law had something to prove to her sons fiancee I guess.

I have never seen such a display of lunacy. It also might help after someone asks you 3 times what can they help you with that you actually give them a response associated with retail merchadise you are actually looking for.

@incredible

So now lowe's is spending money to hire spies to watch the aisles for an employee who does not engage every customer so they can fire them. Now that is not saying they should not be enguaging everyone. But this does not give way to a chance of forgetfulness or accident of missing someone or even the fact you have greeted that person to death already but it means that a spy several aisles away from you can tell if you are speaking with a customer or even greeting them what a *** plan make employees anal about doing the job and fearful each day of on the spot termination

Ok so did we just help the problem with all of this positive talk??? Just curious......

You want change?? Have the courage to "CHANGE" your attitude and lead by

example! :)

Lance,

Hehe thank you! you read my mind..

Sapphirerain91.

Go back to the projects where you belong!

Go to home depot if you have problem with lowes then you'll go back to lowes when you have a problem with home depot.you want never be satisfied so go home an cry yourself to sleep.

Sally and Lance,

You miss the point. I don't know what kind of work you do or if you even work.

Think about how you want to be treated when you shop. It doesn't matter what kind of store. Now, think carefully about how you treat the people serving you. YOU may treat the people serving you with some amount of respect but many people shopping do not.

Saphirerain91 is not expecting people to treat her as royalty, she is not even asking people to treat her with respect. She is just asking people to not be disrespectful. Yelling at a cashier (who does not make the rules but must follow them) because you don't like the way the computer system is programed is just ridiculous. What do you expect her to do?.....rewrite the computer code and store policy to accomodate your yelling?

Do you expect the drycleaner to understand how the machines are put together and fix them if they go down? Do you expect the guy who mows your lawn to put together a lawn mower from scratch? Do you expect the pizza delivery guy to 1. fix the ovens if they break and 2.

repair his car himself? Then why do you expect the Lowes associates (or any other retailer) to rewrite the computer program for you? The computer program is what it is. Yelling and being rude to the associates will not give you your cash or whatever else you want.

If you don't like the associates response then ask for someone who has the authority to change it. Bottom line think before you react and be nice. It will get you a lot farther. Many of these associates have the same frustration you do and really do want to help you get the results you want.

Do you really think they want to be screamed at? It doesn't matter if you work a job for $5 an hour or $100. All any of us want to do is come to work, do our best and go home to take care of our families.

All of us want to be treated nicely or at the very least fairly. Remember that before you rush to hurtful words and nasty behavior.

@Been There Done That

Yes , You are soooooooo right. Most customer are good but you have some that are just plain ***.

Either they have money and think they are better than you are or just lead a miserable life and want to bring you down too.

I dont let them get to me anymore. I have worked at Lowes for ten years now and feel it is time for a change.

Your welcome S! Unless people have been there, they just do not get it. I challenge anyone that thinks that these people are parasites go out and get one of these parasitic job for a few weeks and see who the parasite really is.

:eek

My experience has revealed there are some people that are insecure with themselves or they "think" they have a little $$$ so that in turn requires the world to cater to them and they treat others as if they were beneath them. :roll Truth be told, people who have worked these jobs or people that DO in fact have any decent amount of $$$ usually do not treat people poorly. Most crawled though lowly parasitic jobs working for greedy individuals or corporations that denied offering any benefits so they could lined their own pockets. Some people have been there so they do not treat others poorly. Those that ride the coattails of their parents $$$, were handed $$$ from family or just live a lifestyle on plastic (credit cards) in my experience behave poorly. I have run into the occasional self made, independently wealthy ***hole too. ;)

Sapphirerain91

THANKS WHOA!!! :) :grin :grin

Sally, there are people that have Masters Degree that I know that have lost their GOOD PAYING, WHITE COLOR, 6 -FIGURE, ELITIST jobs and had to slum it by taking a job at local home improvement centers, retail shops and the like. Not their fault, just the way the economy is.

I also have friends with college age kids that work these jobs, so maybe they are getting an education while servicing some pompous, self righteous, selfish, better than most of the population, it is all about me minded customers.

Lance, to write such a post may be a reflection of ignorance, arrogance or stupidity. Whatever the case, I am sorry and apologize on your behalf for anyone that has any sort of contact with you. Those same people you may look at as being a "parasite to those that want to do better" may be the same people that mow your lawn, care for your kids, change your oil, clean your home, sell you clothing, check you out at the grocery store.

If not them, who would? You would need to! I hope that you are NEVER in a position where you would need to lower your standards and swallow that pride in needing to accept such a job to pay your mortgage or put food on the table for your family. In this current business environment where people are still losing jobs, GOD HELP YOU.

No one is immune. I have seen hot shot attorneys foreclose on homes, doctors that downsized their homes and their wives having to get a job (being a "parasite to those that want to do better" Ha, they may drive a better car than you do! An MD's wife is a cashier at the local grocer & drives a brand new Jag so go figure!) I know people with JD's that are scraping by working these jobs.

In closing, I hope your cleaning lady never gets a hint of your real feelings (working for minimum wage and no benefits, continuing being a parasite to those that want to do better), She just may use your toothbrush to scrape your toilet bowl. :eek Get a grip, you are NO better than anyone else.

Sapphirerain91

RIGHT ON Head Cashier!!!! :grin :grin :grin

The employee's of Lowes are just a reflection of their company. Poor attitudes, NO customer service, poor screening of subcontractors, dumb cashiers, and returned products back on the shelves because of a no care attitude.

Just keep on bit*chen and let see how Low Lowes can go.

@Another so called loser

Are you serious? It's likely entitled, selfish customers like you who make retail a living ***.

Employees, especially at the retail level (not management), do NOT have any control over the following: what is stocked, what the hours of operation are, what the prices are nor the policies.

Frankly, if you don't know what to do when you can't find a red vest, then I'm surprised you were even able to drive to the store by yourself.

You forgot to mention the person that comes in at five minutes to closing with five gallons of custom paint that didn't look right once they painted half their bedroom and wants a refund.

Or the one that brings in a shower head for a refund after putting it up and not liking the way it works. When you explain that Lowe's doesn't sell products manufactured exclusively for Wal-Mart. You get an ear full about bad customer service.

Lastly, my favorite. The customer that made a large cash purchase and refused to give their phone number at the register and gets upset that they are getting Merchandise Credit instead of cash back. The phone number really is to look up your purchase if you don't have your receipt!!

There, I am done venting now.

Sapphirerain91:

On behalf of consumers, I apologize. The fact that you do not understand the criticality of customer service in the current business environment is underscored by the fact you work for a big box retailer for minimum wage and no benefits. Please continue to be a parasite to those that want to do better.

You're the one that's "dumb and sucky" beacuse it's you that's working at Lowe's. Get an education and maybe you wouldn't have to deal with losers like the one's mentioned in your posting. I do understand your frustration though.

View more comments (17)