1.8

Update by user Sep 05

Went in to pay bill, where do they find these surly people? If I hated my job, you can be certain I'd find another. I have not been contacted, I will pay this off and as long as there are still Home Depot's or True Value, I do not need to patronize an operation that cannot train employees common courtesy.

Original review posted by user Aug 06

Don't take my word for it, go there and stand at customer service and WAIT for one of these people to even acknowledge your existence...or even make EYE CONTACT. I stood 5 feet from a 'CUSTOMER SERVICE REP' who stood at the register in front of her for more than 5 minutes, not waiting on anyone, looking down at her PHONE, not even looking up to see I was waiting to PAY MY CC BILL.

She finally, without even looking at me, turned to another loitering 'employee' who was doing nothing at returns and asked her to 'take care of this guy'-RUDE, NON-PROFESSIONAL, AND DOWN-RIGHT IGNORANT.

I will pay off my balance at Lowes and will patronize the HOME DEPOT that is 1/2 mile away instead-this is a COMMON OCCURANCE at this location, frequent enough that it is not just a fluke. Lowes Corporate, PAY ATTENTION, my neighbors all seem to concur with my observations.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Ignorant employees.

Comments

I did try to call the store manager, was put on hold repeatedly for almost one hour. No accountability.

to Anonymous #1540180

Then Call Customer Care!

Lowes corporate doesnt use this. if you want to make a formal complaint... ask for a Store Manager or call customer care.

Unfortunately, this is the state of retail in the age of big box retail. As an insider, I know It’s all about hitting the high sales numbers not profit.

In order to do that they have to keep the prices low, on some items, even at a loss. They have little control over the cost of goods, and total control over thier labor costs. These wokers make $10.00 an hour, and half of the customers they have to deal with, are appallingly abusive. After a while, I have seen it wear out the most friendly and competant Customer Service Associate.

In general Home Depot is the same way. For the consumer, I would suggest that you take your business to a higher priced local or smaller chain of hardware store where the employees are more motivated by higher compensation.

And... For the Customer Service Associate, I would suggest that you pursue employment at such a store that doesn’t cater to such unreasonable “low rent” customers that have learned that, if they are abusive and “I want to speak to a manager”, then they will get even a bigger discount on their cheap goods.

h.kitchener

The sad thing is that this is not uncommon with many retailers. Good, presentable people who can and will do the job they are hired for are becoming increasingly rare.

The fact that, in your case the employee was allowed to have her cell phone turned on during working hours is bad enough without her staring at it for minutes at a time as if it were a just fried pan of side pork.

Unreliable, inept and lazy employees are now common. Shop at stores that tend to hire better people.

Stop crying

to Anonymous 101 #1537840

How about ‘stop trolling’...

to Anonymous 101 #1537849