State: Ohio Clear all filters (138 of 4844 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

Lowes in Cincinnati, Ohio - 300 dollar power washer quite working

I have found another reason to not purchase some items from the 'big box' hardware stores. Lowes is generally a handy place to purchase some items (i.e paint, lumber, flowers, lights). If I had thought about it before I purchased the power washer I would not have purchased this type if item from Lowes. I paid cash 300.00 cash for a nice Troy-Built power washer. I used it three times last year for a total of eight hours. I ran it out of gas before I stored it for the winter. I pulled it out 2 days ago and filled it with new gas and started it. It ran for 3 minutes and quite. I called Lowes and was told I needed to contact Troy-Built for warranty service which I did. I was told it sounded like a gas related issue since there might have been some gas left in the reservoir that separated over the winter and clogged the jets. This is not covered by the warranty. I was told to clean the carburetor and reservoir and try it again. I contacted my smaller local hardware dealer who sells power washers and was told if I had purchased it from them they could have their service department check this out. That is the advantage of buying these type of items from a local dealer and other over the shelf stuff from the big box stores. Lesson learned.

The gasoline is not as bad as the broken pump you probably have because you left water in it when you stored it in your shed. Sorry but warranties can't fix ***.

Lowes in Cleveland, Ohio - Worst customer service

Bot a BBQ grill. Went back next day to get it. Waited 45 min and no help. Finally called the mgr while I was in store. It wasn't ready so I asked if they could deliver it. He didn't offer but told me it would be delivered this afternoon. Just caught the delivery guy putting notice on my door that they tried. Didn't ring doorbell, call me and it was supp to be later today. Called mgr. Havent been back and no follow up. They SUCK!!!! Just not worth the frustration. Their level of incompetence is appalling and they have no remorse

lowe's #685 the one on Pearland Texas is the worst customer service I ever have in my life This store need ....training and ...deep change on their employee some of the employe are good but from manegment the way to the employee ?????????????????????? :cry :( :sigh

Want to know what sucks? YOUR SPELLING!

Bot, you cant be serious... Bought is the correct spelling.

I hope you realize that 3rd graders know the difference between bot and bought.

@Heartless

You need to keep your comments to yourself! This site is for people to voice their complaints and they don't need someone acting like a school teacher telling them their spelling is bad!

This person has every right to post anything they want and if you don't like it, too bad.

@***ed

He/she has the right to post whatever they want? AND I DON'T?

Are you really that STUPlD? This website is designed for anyone to post as they see fit.

If people can't handle a swift and just response they probably should reconsider posting anything anywhere on the internet. If you can't post a proper argument odds are you're the one causing the issue to begin with and have nothing to be pissed about, unless of course you're pissed at yourself.

View more comments (3)
  • The Delivery

Lowes in Cleveland, Ohio - Brenda Watson

I bought a gas dryer on saturday 3-9-13, and was told they had to order it which was fine with me. I was told that they would deliver it on tuesday 3-11-13. On monday lowes called and said they couldn't get the dryer at that time but would get it by saturday but did not give me a time, so I called to see what time my delivery was the guy on the line told me the dryer was in the store. He didn't know anything about it being delivered and set up a time for sunday 3-17-13. What really upset me is my husband made it a point not to work today so he could be here. My husband lost a days pay because lowe's got there wires crossed, I guess they don't know what there doing.

I am so glad that you do not make mistakes.

• Sunday

Lowes in Dayton, Ohio - Corporate cards

I defaulted on my company card. I wanted to pay off after having some tough times. the collection agency told me that the account was still collecting interest and the account has doubled.I feel that this is bad not only for me but what about the other people that have not checked their accounts and getting over charged for things. his activity need to stop. I actually called them and told them I wanted to settle the debt until i found out is was still getting screwed even when it went to collections. i need some to to pay only what i owe.

You should be complaining to GE money, not Lowes. You shouldn't have a credit card if you don't know who you are actually paying.

And once you default, paying interest now, you need to call the credit agency for a pay off and it's due date. Duh.

When you applied for the credit card you agreed to pay interest on unpaid balances. What logical reason do you have for them to stop charging you interest before you pay what you owe?

View more comments (1)

Lowes Window/Door Installation

Lowes Window/Door Installation
My husband and I had all new windows & doors, puchased at Lowes and installed by Lowes, put in our home approximately 2 years ago. ALL of the windows have condensation, which leaks onto our window sills, and all are drafty. ALL of the doors have horrible drafts and the windows within the doors have condensation and leak as well. You can actually see outside through one of the french doors we had installed. Despite attempting to contact the representative we worked with on several occasions, we never received a return call. I have since contacted the corporate office and I am awaiting a reply, if it ever comes. If you live in the Parkersburg area of WV, I would highly recommend you use some other company for the purchase and installation of windows and doors. It is ridiculous that we spent over $9000 on these windows and doors and instead of our utilities going down, as expected, they have actually increased. We would have been better off to keep the sliding glass doors and single pane windows we had prior to our purchase.

Try a professional installer next time. Installers at big box stores don't have the customer base to have their own business. That's why they rely on other sources to provide business.

Condensation is mainly caused due to excess humidity.Together with such clear explanations - it is a well-researched blog indeed! I hope to read more of your work in the future.Suggest you to meet window choice.

When did you report this to the store? The installers are required to give you a one year labor warranty from the time of installation.

I know that Lowes is only closed 2 days a year, so you should have been able to contact them SOMETIME within the warranty period.

Sounds a little fishy to me that it didn't happen the first year, but suddenly it does now.

@Truth

I tried to contact them on several occasions. I even went to the store and was told I would be contacted.

They didn't return my calls. I emailed and the guy said that he would call, but didn't.

I was pregnant at the time and both my parents were diagnosed with cancer during the year warranty period. After several attempts & giving birth & having a newborn, not to mention having to help my parents, I gave up for a while.

You need to check the humidity in your home. Condensation is caused by excess humidity in the home for the temperature outside.

There would could be a few reasons for condensation now when you didn't have it before. First is higher humidity which could be caused by a number of things. Second is that the windows could be more airtight and there is less air circulation past the glass.

Third is that you may have bought an inexpensive window that didn't have the insulation qualities of your old windows. My guess is that if you have problems with both the windows and doors you have too much humidity in the house.

Its time for people to learn that most of the contractors that they hire at Lowes and Depot are guys who cannot get their own business going. They pay half the going rate, and keep the other half.

Find yourself a good contractor and you will get what you pay for. Usually this is all an installation problem so it can be fixed, they just do not have the ability

@Paul-***tractor 30 years

That is one of the real issues. They contract with companies for cheap so the labor is cheap.

Hire a good contractor with good references

@Anonymous

The customer pays $99 for blinds to be installed but Lowes pays the installer $400 the store makes money on the product not the install. Also installers have to be insured and bonded for over a million

View more comments (7)
  • The Doors

Lowes free next day delivery is a lie.

Their website as well as the signs above the appliances says free next day delivery. When I asked the sales person he said it takes at least a week because they are busy. I asked why everything, including the dryer I was looking at, had a sign saying next day his reply was talk to the manager I only work here and then walked away. I was in no way rude about it but feel he was. This seems like false advertizing to me. I drove 10 miles because it said I'd get it faster than my local Home Depot. They were much nicer and more helpfull and are delivering 2 days faster than Lowes. I will never walk into one of their stores again.
RetailCop

Have you ever not had time to get to everything you wish to do?? Think before you post something so petty and ***!

I'm sure HD can't wait for a customer like you.

One more self entiltled customer!! I'm just doing my job, protecting and serving retail associates.

• sales person

Lowes in Worthington, Ohio - Lousy advertising

Thanks Lowes for sending me the xmas gift sale flyer that was in effect from 11/1/12 through 11/5/12...there were all kinds of things in there that i wanted for myself and would make good presents for others...i had already made a trip there today but was ready to return for these things...luckily i remembered there was something wrong with the picture...it came in the mail today...and today is 11/8/12...and i don't think you can blame my mailman either since neighbors 2 blocks over got the same flyer....really doesnt make me want to buy any other xmas there...our *** store is never stocked with flyer stuff anyway....so thanks for the thought.
#620771

ohhh stop ***

RetailCop

Thanks for the update!! I'll let them know your outraged because they changed the date of Christmas from December to November. If they're Christmas coupon expired on 11/5, then they have completely changed the holiday by 51 days!!!

View more comments (1)

Lowes

My husband and I are a younger couple. He is 25 and I'm 23 and we have two young boys. We went into Lowe's when we first bought our house so we could buy a mower. There was an older guy working in that area. He was taking care of an older couple so we waited patiently for him to get done with them. Meanwhile another older couple walked up and started looking around. The employee seen my husband and I when we first walked up and when he was done with that first couple he went straight over to the other older couple. So we decided to wait till he's done with them. We had found the mower that we wanted and was standing by it and waiting for him. When he was done with that couple he looked at us and walked away. It was like we were young with children so he didn't think we could afford a mower like that. Little did he know we had every penny of it!! So we called and complained to the manager. The manager said he would talk to him but never tried to get us to come back in to buy the mower. Don't think he really cared either. So we went to Home Depot to get one and the customer service there was AMAZING!!

Next time use your youth! Wear something slutty and sling that thang girl.

Then I'll bet you will get attention.

Unless you are a fatty....then keep it covered up.

First of all when we are standing there and we watch the other couple walk in to the door and over to there, no they didn't ask him for help and why would we stand there and wait for him to get done with the one couple and not want help?? It is his job considering he noticed us to take care of us. We should not have to go hunt him down to get customer service!!!

This is a first. Complaining because you think you got ignored because you are younger.

Let me help you out some. Did you attempt to get his attention besides just stand there? He probably figured you didn't need anything since you never said anything to him. I highly doubt he was ignoring you because of your age.

Wouldn't surprise me if both the older couples asked him for help first, the part you failed to do. But you have to come on here because you feel like you've been wronged for being young, LOL LOL

You probably look like white trash, get used to that kind of service.

@Bob

Who are you to tell anyone how they look unless you personally know them? Or is it how you look and you're playing it off to others looking like that bahahahahah !!!

ok now come back saying how well built you are on and on ! grow up bobby !

View more comments (4)

Lowes in Columbus, Ohio - Washing Machine Tearing up Clothes

We bought a Whirlpool model 580 washing machine less than a year ago. About nine months ago, my wife noticed that the towels were getting frayed, clothes (such as v-neck tshirts) we getting stretched at the neck. About that time, I was diagnosed with cancer and needless to say, with all the radiation and chemo treatments, this problem was not of high priority. We went to the local Lowe's and talked to a manager who recommended a diagnosis be made of the washing machine. No problems were found, but the washer is still tearing up clothes. My wife goes to the landramat at least once a week to wash the good clothes. I am pissed that we can't return the washer. In the past 30 years, we have not had this problem with other major stores (such as Sears, Home Depot etc.0

Lowes Sucks

I have had an ongoing argument with Lowes as we have been waiting to receive countertops in our kitchen for almost 6 weeks now...DO NOT GO THROUGH THEM! They are terrible and give you contractors that are the worst and no one has common sense. They just want to obligate the contract and don't care about the person who has signed the contract. We would cancel the order all together but we will lose out on money. The countertop was on backorder and no one called to inform us. I had to call for us to find out. Then they call today and want to install Tuesday! Common sense would say that they need to give us a little more of a heads up because they only install on the weekdays and the people who work don't even have enough notice to get off of work. They just wanted to offer us that date because according to the contract, it needs to be installed by the 3rd. Since they offered us a date before the 3rd...even if it doesn't work for us, they are still under the contract even if we have them come in later.

Ok so you are stating it has been six weeks but the contract must be fulfilled by the 3rd? The person setting the contract technically has no knowledge of the dates of install so they lied to you off the git go. If you are unhappy go get a refund they can try to refuse but if you demand a refund odds are they will give it to you.