Resolved: John Deere mower | Lowes review from Zanesville, Ohio

3.4

Update by user Jul 06, 2018

There bringing me a new lawn mower

Original review posted by user Jul 05, 2018

I just picked up my John Deere mower that I bought on June 29 2018 Got it Home had a flat tire and a dead battery. You would think paying $1600 for a riding mower the tire shouldn’t been flat and have a dead very pissed

Lowe's does not assemble JD tractors. They aren't allowed to do so.

Instead an outside vendor comes in for assembly. So yes, they wouldn't have known.

Be content they're willing to come exchange. They normally won't do so if the items were originally picked up in store.

Was the tractor in a crate or was it assembled? If it was in a crate they obviously didn't know the tire needed air and it is very possible the battery needed a charge.

If it wasn't in a crate why didn't you question the flat tire before you loaded it? Don't know that Lowes did anything wrong by your incomplete post.

View more comments (1)
Resolved
Product
John Deere Lawn Mower
Damaged or defective

Lowes Card In Store Credit

3.5
I purchased a In Store Lowes Card from an individual in desperate need of money. The cash redemption machine inside a Giant Eagle Grocery Store wasn't working. The man told me he was a single farther and had his daughters in tow. Told me the machine wasn't working and needed money to buy them food. The Card value was $63.00 and the card redemption machine machine offered him $37.00. I confirmed the machines scanner was broken and he could not complete the transaction. I reviewed the card and the card says gave him the $37.00. I thought i was helping someone along with being frugal at the same time. My hopes was to start purchasing Lowes gift Cards each month to use towards the purchase of a new refrigerator. Note: The card does state Non Transferable Id (may) be required for use. Disclaimer May be required. The women at the front counter told me that i purchased the card from someone who stole the merchandise from a Lowes Store and was returning the items to buy drugs. She called them tweeker's. I said to her. Your presuming that customers returning merchandise without a receipt are all drug users. I told her i return items all the time without receipts. She told me that they are watching me and that i to will be eventually cut off. I told her that i don't use drugs and asked who she thought she was to pass judgement on anyone. She told me that people that receive In store Credits resell them for cash to purchase crack. So i asked her when did Lowes become judge and jury and turning their backs on drug users. I was always thought to help out our fellow man. So if you help someone you get penalized. you cant use the credit and Lowes stuffs the unused credit into their pockets as profit. I'm guessing that i will not be purchasing my new refrigerator from Lowes. I've been remolding my 101 year old home and have spent a minimum of $10,000.00 to $15,000.00 in materials from Lowes over the past 8 years. Please excuse my unstructured sentences and spelling errors. I'm not as smart as the Lowes store employees at Lowes Brooklyn, Ohio 44144. However, the store manager Bill Micklos has been extremely accommodating in the past. In the mean time I'm taking my business to Home Depot also located in Brooklyn, Ohio and awaiting the opening of a new Menard's yet to be built. Help people don't punish them. Sincerely Mr. G Wolf Brooklyn, Ohio 44144

i had the same thing happen to me. My son gave me a Lowes In Store credit/debit card.

My son returned merchandise without a receipt. lows said they would not give him cash but instead a Lowes In store credit/debit card. When i went to use it they asked for my drivers licence. Because my drivers licence number didn't match my sons i could not purchase my items.

I had to wait and go to the store with my son. I truly feel your pain and i to will no longer shop Lowes. Not everyone returning product without a receipt is a thief. I'm guessing less then !% of Lowes consumers are thief's.

And isn't this the job of loss prevention and in store security's job to catch the thief's.

They cashier made me feel extremely uncomfortable. I've taken my business back to the local Ace Hardware store and mom and pop stores where the owners know me.

This was not a stolen card. It was a Lowes debit card titled In Store Credit.

If a consumer returns a product such as a Birthday gift without a receipt you will receive a In Store Credit Card and not cash. This is nothing more then a cash cow for Lowes. And it prevents the merchandiser owner from selling his or her In Store Debit Card. A bit unreasonable to the consumer.

Because someone returns merchandise without a receipt shouldn't be labeled a thief. And shouldn't be accused of steeling merchandise. I agree with the cash cow ideology.

Another fortune 500 big brother move. Shop Menards.

Anomomous , your as bad as the Lowes office manager. You think everyone who returns merchandise without a receipt is a drug user and steels merchandise.

Its a Lowes In Store Credit . Lowes gave the previous owner who returned merchandise a Lowes in store debit card. This was not stolen merchandise buta store credit

You do know that receiving stolen property is a crime don't you? You just admitted to committing a crime against Lowe's and now you are pissed off at them? That's insane!

HUH? They don't want to use a stolen card and you are PISSED at THEM? What planet are you from?

Gregory J
@Anonymous

Sorry if you miss understood. It was not a stolen credit card.

It was a Lowes In-Store Debit/Card for merchandise returned to Lowes with out a receipt. If you return an item at Lowes with out a receipt you are given a In Store Debit card. Only the person returning the merchandise can use the card. Lowes attaches the card to your drivers licence.

If you daughter ,son, friend or relative gave you the card you would not be able to use it. And no cashier or office manager should accuse any consumer of theft unless they can prove it. Seriously, i learned a lesson. i will always help someone in need.

However, i will never shop at a Lowes Store. Maybe you should buy something from Lowes and then take it back without a receipt. You will then be labeled the drugie and thief. Oh, and if you return too many items without a receipt.

Lowes will cut you off from returning any items. Have a nice day.

@Gregory J

A lowes gift card looks different than a card issued for store credit when you return a product without a receipt. Yes, honest people who can't keep track of their receipts or otherwise prove they purchased the product will get these but so will the thieves who are returning stolen merchandise for credit.

Either way they are given to people who can't prove they actually paid for the product they returned. In a effort to discourage theft store credit is given, rather than a cash refund. Selling these cards to people like you defeats the purpose of the card. In essence you are giving them cash for a card they got for returning product they may not have paid for.

Good fo Lowes for not honoring the card without proper identification. We don't need people supporting thieves.

View more comments (7)
Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • Convenience
  • Selection
  • Location
Full refund

Customer service | Lowes review from Columbus, Ohio

Jim at the Polaris store is the best! He is usually always on the floor to help me as the customer.... not behind a counter or desk. Jim will help you find what you need with pinpoint accuracy. If there is any questioning about alternative products Jim has competent suggestions also. When shopping Lowes be sure to see Jim, the big guy with the smile, Jim is like the Alexa app of Lowes! Don't ask Alexa, ask Jim!! A plus customer service !!!
Good customer service

One thousand dollar counter top | Lowes review from Akron, Ohio

enochstilllives 3:55 PM (2 minutes ago) to customercare In November, Lowes installed a counter top in my kitchen. By July both seams were buckled and two other spots were already warped!!! It looks like they installed wet fiber board under the counter top. Maybe they left it outside before installing in my kitchen. I have complained many times to different people there in Adrian. They often do not return my calls. We paid over a thousand dollars for this and it lasted only a few months! Our last counter top lasted for twenty years and we were very careful with this one. They are blaming us for water damage. Come on! Its a kitchen counter top and we used very little water on it. Nothing like the cheap top we had before that lasted two decades.
Lowes Countertop Installation
Bad quality
Price reduction
Tags
  • Custom Kitchen

Arrogant salesman | Lowes review from Streetsboro, Ohio

1.8
Went to Lowe’s to ask about getting an estimate on window replacements and a new front door. Set up the in home visit. Email mailed the salesman 4 days before the visit and told him we were only interested in the front door since we decide to go with another company for the windows. He comes out and the first thing he says is “ I just got your email and just so you know I do not normally come out for just a front door”. We go through what door we want and tell him we will be making a decision in few days. Two days later I email and call him leaving a voicemail telling him we are ready to purchase the new front door with side lights and trim. Not one response back. We have heard nothing. Back to square one as I will not buy a door from Lowe’s if this is their response. Obviously they do not need a sale that bad. Front doors are not cheap.
Lowes Sales Representative

Did not get rebate on major purchase | Lowes review from Mount Vernon, Ohio

Followed rebate instructions, recievved notice that purchase did not qualify. Sent original receipt with purchase highlighted, no response.
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Poor workmanship | Lowes review from Tipp City, Ohio

8 years ago a Lowes contractor put a 25 year roof on our home. It leaked and the vents had to be redone. They extended the shingles down so far I could not get my hand in to clean the spouting. Recently a whole section of the roof came loose and slid to the ground. An inspection showed cracks all over the roof where other slides were starting. After contacting the store, then corporate we got no help. They would no even come to look at the problem. I will never buy there again. Gail Stickelman

Obviously they contract to the cheapest contractors in town. I'm sure you were super excited about that couple thousand dollar cheaper price for materials and labor. You get what you pay for.

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Quality
  • Customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Installation nightmare | Lowes review from Springfield, Ohio

Been almost a month since I ordered my door. Have one guy that does all their installation, very expensive and seems like it's taking forever my door is in and still not installed it's going to be snowing before my door gets hung. Will never have a door installed by Lowe's ever again

The problem is people who procrastinate and wait till fall to order doors and windows they want installed before winter. Both the manufacturing plants and installers have limits on what they can do. If you want products installed quicker, look for the slower seasons of the year rather that ordering when demand is the highest.

Lowes Door Installation
Order processing issue
1.5
Customer service is non existent! Lowes just takes your money and then your on your own. I want to thank Mia England Lowes liaison of confusion talking to a lamp post yields more understanding. Bathroom install week 1. Crew came in Tuesday cleared out old tub and doors...
Order processing issue

Poor service | Lowes review from Steubenville, Ohio

4.1
We went to buy more paint and the man was busy so a lady came to Help us she took the lid to our paint to look for the kind of paint she needed to mix I kept watching her she walked around the paint dept for 30 minutes for her to come back to the counter and tell us they was out of the paint she did say they was expecting 40 gallons in but she didn’t know when we always shop Lowes never have had a problem like this before we was at Lowes in Stubenville,Ohio Thank you DiAnn Davis 981 May Roadd East Liverpool,Ohio 43920 330-831-3525

What exactly are you complaining about? Are you upset that an employee from another department came to help you and took a little longer than someone that worked in the department would or that they were out of stock on the paint you needed?

I don't know that either is a valid complaint.

At least someone came to help rather than letting you stand there and wait. Stores also run out of items from time to time.