State: Ohio Clear all filters (6 of 4915 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show
Lowes deck installation
Hi, we purchased a deck back in the begining of April and the deck is still not completed. Lowes used a subcontractor named TLC to build the deck and it is looks awful. Its been more then two months since the deck was almost completed and no one finishing it. Also we...
Lowes Deck Installation

Lowes review in North Canton, Ohio: Siding installation

2.1
Lowes review - Siding installation
Ordered siding through Lowe’s installation in June of 2016. Also ordered gutters and a deck to be installed. Deck was finally installed beginning of September 2016 because the installer for that was tired of waiting for the siding to get done. Mind you, we’ve been calling every week or so starting in August to find out when we were going to get our siding that was supposed to be installed in July. Every time we called they would tell us the siding installer should be there on such-in-such date. Every time the installer didn’t show. No siding was ever even delivered to our home until December of 2016, and it wasn’t installed until January of 2017. 7 months of a siding install and they do it in the middle of winter. Needless to say, the job was horrendous. When spring came, it was obvious just how bad it was—crooked and not level siding, warped siding, siding falling off when it rained (not a huge storm, just rain), and damage to our chimney which led to water damage in one room of our home. We contacted Lowe’s immediately. This was spring on 2017. It wasn’t fixed until March of 2018. Almost 2 years after the initial order and we are still dealing with this! They offered us $1000 in compensation, that’s it, for a $20000 job it took them 2 years to complete to our “satisfaction “. The exact words from the supposed head of the complaint department, Sayquan, were “You said yourself you were satisfied with the work”. We see our lawyer next week.

Lowes has absolutely NO control over their subcontractors. I learned the hard way that you should NEVER pay for the complete job to include the labor before the job is done.

Hire a local company to do the work and then you only pay when the job is complete .At Lowes you pay for the whole job labor and all and then have no recourse if the subcontractor does not complete the job correctly.Your screwed unless the contractor comes back, as Lowes cannot make them do anything.NEVER have Lowes install anything ! !

! !

@David

We got an exorbitant quote from them to install Hardie siding. I called the woman who scheduled the appointment and asked if Lowe’s sold Hardie siding.

She said they did. I told her I was not happy with the quote. She said you could buy the material from Lowe’s and have a third party install. They will come and measure.

I said your man has measured already. She said we don’t share our measurements with that Dept.

WTFSo Lowe’s has no control over installers. Can’t even get measurements from them.Avoid them!

View more comments (1)
Lowes Siding Installation
Order processing issue
Lowes review - Kraft Maid kitchen cabinets are junk!
Lowes review - Kraft Maid kitchen cabinets are junk!

Update by user Aug 23, 2017

I am still waiting for the company to finish ordering new doors and get them installed. The experience is wearisome, and the customer service reps are not at all sympathetic or helpful. March is when the project began and we are now nearly at the end of August.

Original review posted by user Aug 15, 2017

We...

Sorry to hear others have had the same bad experience with Kraft Maid and Lowe’s. They never replaced the cabinets or repaired defects inbour grouted tile floor.

They stall and frustrate people until you just give up.

Poor customer service for sure. Hire a local tradesman with good reviews, best advice.

View more comments
Product
Kraftmaid Cabinet
Cons
  • Quality or cu
  • Customer service
Bad quality
Preferred solution
replace the defective cabinets with defect free cabinets
Tags
  • Poor quality establishment

1.5
Lowes floor installation disaster.
Installed Feb. 2017. Kitchen and utility room. Ripped out, June 2017. Installation error caused water damage including black mold to baseboards and drywall. Situation: Purchased Geospring Water Heater from Lowes in 2012. Very satisfied. Similar to an AC unit, these drain condensation through a condensation line. Code requires drain. Installer installed vinyl planks over the portion of the drain needed for the condensation. This caused water to go onto the floor, then under the baseboards, then under the floating floor and through the kitchen. Because of the location, I did not realize the problem for 4 months. Who would think a floor installation could cause a leak? Baseboards had some mold, but drywall had terrible black mold. Floor was ruined. A swimming pool underneath. Insurance company sent restoration out, they ripped up the floor, sealed the utility room until the mold issue was resolved. Between my deductible, and new seepage rules, 14 days to notify insurance company, even if concealed. I will be paying this myself. Lowes never came down to inspect. I am not handy. But, if I was installing a floor, and saw a black open end tube over a drain, I would not put a floor over any part of the drain. Will be going to court. Photos are of black tube blocked and open.
Dorothy P

Never use the stores installers. Lowe’s and Home Depot Installers are usually not licensed.

So that makes them Jake legs.

We have gone behind and cleaned up their messes more than once. Their products are of a lesser quality.

Lowes Flooring Installation
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes - Tile Review from Lima, Ohio
Spent $2500 on a small kitchen tile job. The Lowes installer said he couldn't get it quite flat that's just the way it is. Do not do Business with this company in the lima Ohio region. If you're wearing flip-flops in my kitchen prepare for a fall on the tile front lip!

Not one installer bothers to check a floor level. NOT ONE.

Lowes Window/Door Installation

Lowes Window/Door Installation
My husband and I had all new windows & doors, puchased at Lowes and installed by Lowes, put in our home approximately 2 years ago. ALL of the windows have condensation, which leaks onto our window sills, and all are drafty. ALL of the doors have horrible drafts and the windows within the doors have condensation and leak as well. You can actually see outside through one of the french doors we had installed. Despite attempting to contact the representative we worked with on several occasions, we never received a return call. I have since contacted the corporate office and I am awaiting a reply, if it ever comes. If you live in the Parkersburg area of WV, I would highly recommend you use some other company for the purchase and installation of windows and doors. It is ridiculous that we spent over $9000 on these windows and doors and instead of our utilities going down, as expected, they have actually increased. We would have been better off to keep the sliding glass doors and single pane windows we had prior to our purchase.

Try a professional installer next time. Installers at big box stores don't have the customer base to have their own business. That's why they rely on other sources to provide business.

Condensation is mainly caused due to excess humidity.Together with such clear explanations - it is a well-researched blog indeed! I hope to read more of your work in the future.Suggest you to meet window choice.

When did you report this to the store? The installers are required to give you a one year labor warranty from the time of installation.

I know that Lowes is only closed 2 days a year, so you should have been able to contact them SOMETIME within the warranty period.

Sounds a little fishy to me that it didn't happen the first year, but suddenly it does now.

@Truth

I tried to contact them on several occasions. I even went to the store and was told I would be contacted.

They didn't return my calls. I emailed and the guy said that he would call, but didn't.

I was pregnant at the time and both my parents were diagnosed with cancer during the year warranty period. After several attempts & giving birth & having a newborn, not to mention having to help my parents, I gave up for a while.

You need to check the humidity in your home. Condensation is caused by excess humidity in the home for the temperature outside.

There would could be a few reasons for condensation now when you didn't have it before. First is higher humidity which could be caused by a number of things. Second is that the windows could be more airtight and there is less air circulation past the glass.

Third is that you may have bought an inexpensive window that didn't have the insulation qualities of your old windows. My guess is that if you have problems with both the windows and doors you have too much humidity in the house.

Its time for people to learn that most of the contractors that they hire at Lowes and Depot are guys who cannot get their own business going. They pay half the going rate, and keep the other half.

Find yourself a good contractor and you will get what you pay for. Usually this is all an installation problem so it can be fixed, they just do not have the ability

@Paul-***tractor 30 years

That is one of the real issues. They contract with companies for cheap so the labor is cheap.

Hire a good contractor with good references

@Anonymous

The customer pays $99 for blinds to be installed but Lowes pays the installer $400 the store makes money on the product not the install. Also installers have to be insured and bonded for over a million

View more comments (7)