State: Ohio Clear all filters (4 of 4889 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes in Cincinnati, Ohio - Shoddy Work Created Fire Hazard. Won't Complete Remodel

Contracted for kitchen remodel. Lowes abandoned the contract and remodel when mistakes were discovered and repairs needed. Contacted Lowes President, Lowes Executive Customer Service, Local Building Inspector, BBB, and Ohio State Attorney General. VERBALLY, Lowes admitted mistakes. In writing, Lowes Central Production Dept is closing the case with no repairs to unsafe electrical. They have defaulted on contract by refusing to complete remodel, fix fire hazard, did not deliver one cabinet or install, etc.

Any updates on the situation? We have similar issues where they delivered cream and brown countertops when we picked grey and white and are refusing to replace it, not to mention the 15 other numerous issues that have gone on with mis-measurements of cabinets and nickel and diming is for things they cannot provide that we have already paid for...

Lowe's doesn't do remodels. They contract it out to local contractors.

You will actually need to sue the contractor.

Lowe's can and will weasel out of any and all liability for the work that has been done. Your attorney will figure that out pretty quickly.

@Anonymous

Thank you, you're so right. I am now working with attorneys...

h.kitchener

Contact an attorney and sue them. That's the only thing they will take seriously.

@h.kitchener

Thank you. Working on that with advice from 2 firms.

View more comments (4)
Lowes Kitchen Remodeling
Damaged or defective
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes in Columbus, Ohio - Improvement is needed!

3.0

Update by user Aug 21, 2018

Manager was able to locate a replacement (new) and delivered the new one in a short period. All parties are satisfied at this point.

Update by user Aug 07, 2018

I have been contacted by Lowe's corporate and they are working on a solution at this time. I also stopped in at the local store to get the straight story since they failed to call yesterday 08/06/18 as promised.

The item has been discontinued I was told and they would work with me to satisfy our purchase agreement with them. It is unfortunate that I had to take time out of my day to get an answer to my issue.

I hope that moving forward they will recommit to a quality customer care in the future to avoid such issues as this. All we ask is to have a resolved issue and honesty in communications.

Original review posted by user Aug 06, 2018

Received a damaged washing machine which was purchased new out of the box on 7/31/18 and after contacting the support team we were assured we would get another one to exchange. We did on 8/5/18 and it was also damaged from paint. Delivery team showed us a form stating we had purchased the floor model. Not true! We contacted the store and spoke to the assistant manager who assured we would be contacted on 8/6/18 with another date for delivery and an answer to why they brought out the floor model. Well, you can already come to the conclusion that no-one bothered to speak with us. We have shopped for all of our big purchases at the Lowe's in the Easton shopping center on Morse Crossing and we are disappointed by the poor service they have shown us. All we want is what we originally paid for, which was a brand new washer.
Lowes Manager
Cons
  • Customer service
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Tags
  • customer servive

Resolved: Lowes in Zanesville, Ohio - John Deere mower

3.4

Update by user Jul 06, 2018

There bringing me a new lawn mower

Original review posted by user Jul 05, 2018

I just picked up my John Deere mower that I bought on June 29 2018 Got it Home had a flat tire and a dead battery. You would think paying $1600 for a riding mower the tire shouldn’t been flat and have a dead very pissed

Lowe's does not assemble JD tractors. They aren't allowed to do so.

Instead an outside vendor comes in for assembly. So yes, they wouldn't have known.

Be content they're willing to come exchange. They normally won't do so if the items were originally picked up in store.

Was the tractor in a crate or was it assembled? If it was in a crate they obviously didn't know the tire needed air and it is very possible the battery needed a charge.

If it wasn't in a crate why didn't you question the flat tire before you loaded it? Don't know that Lowes did anything wrong by your incomplete post.

View more comments (1)
Product
John Deere Lawn Mower
Damaged or defective
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes in Trotwood, Ohio - Special order sat in store until I called to question why delivery was late

3.2

Update by user Jun 17, 2018

The local Lowes store was able to deliver on the 16th, apparently as an extra delivery for that day.

Update by user Jun 17, 2018

A short update. After filing a complain through their customer service, the store called me and - magically - the decking material did fit on their box truck and they could deliver it on the 16th as promised.

Amazing that the materials suddenly could fit when I was told they would not.

But, I give credit to the store to make things right and provide me the materials when I was promised, and happily I did not need to waste any vacation days. So, a big thank you to the store for making the effort to meet the original commitment.

Original review posted by user Jun 16, 2018

I needed to special order decking materials, and Lowes sent me an email with a delivery date of June 16 - not to the store, but to me. The local store was to receive it June 14. When I called to ask where I was in the expected delivery - I was told that it would not be the 16th, but the 19th was the soonest. Evidently it was not scheduled for delivery at all - until I called. When the special order arrived on the 14th, the store did nothing, no call to schedule or confirm - but waited on me to call to ask where it was. When I called Lowe's customer service - they said since the material was at the store already - they could do nothing but send a complaint to the store. So, no one at Lowes seems to want to make this right, or at least offer something for my giving up two vacation days without materials that I cannot get back - wasted. Just an "I'm sorry" and you will have to wait until the 19th. This is unacceptable and poor business process - the company promises delivery, but the local store not only does not deliver, but never even scheduled it. Back to Home Depot I go.
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Delivery service did not show up when scheduled
  • How they have handled this situation
Problem with delivery
Loss
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111