State: Ohio City: Centerville Clear all filters (2 of 4889 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Centerville, Ohio - Five Months to complete a simple installation and now the store manager reneges on promised compensation

In late July 2018 I contacted Lowes to purchase and install two vanity tops in my bathrooms. Due to manufacturing defects, installation delays, and lack on in store communication, the installation was finally completed on Jan 10, 2019. Partway through the process (Oct-Nov) I spoke with my salesman expressing concern that I had not had any contact from a store manager, and that the $100 gift card the salesman offered me (probably the extend of his authority) was pretty much an insult. Later that day, I was contacted by a person identifying himself as a store manager. In our conversation he offered me compensation that I would be credited the cost of one of the vanity tops. After another two months the installation was finally completed, the overall store manager is now reneging on that compensation. Today I've learned the store manager claims he and the district manager have tried to contact me multiple times this week, while both caller id and voicemail indicated I have not been contacted by anyone from Lowes, except for ONE call in response to my contact. It is now quite apparent that this Lowes store is now trying to sweep the whole issue under the rug...after a simple purchase and installation took over FIVE months to complete. Use caution when dealing with this store, especially where management is involved.
Review
Pros
  • Salesman i was working with
Cons
  • Five months it took to complete my job and managers response
Reason of review
Promised compensation now being reneged on
Loss
Preferred solution
Price reduction

1.5
Lowes floor installation disaster.
Installed Feb. 2017. Kitchen and utility room. Ripped out, June 2017. Installation error caused water damage including black mold to baseboards and drywall. Situation: Purchased Geospring Water Heater from Lowes in 2012. Very satisfied. Similar to an AC unit, these drain condensation through a condensation line. Code requires drain. Installer installed vinyl planks over the portion of the drain needed for the condensation. This caused water to go onto the floor, then under the baseboards, then under the floating floor and through the kitchen. Because of the location, I did not realize the problem for 4 months. Who would think a floor installation could cause a leak? Baseboards had some mold, but drywall had terrible black mold. Floor was ruined. A swimming pool underneath. Insurance company sent restoration out, they ripped up the floor, sealed the utility room until the mold issue was resolved. Between my deductible, and new seepage rules, 14 days to notify insurance company, even if concealed. I will be paying this myself. Lowes never came down to inspect. I am not handy. But, if I was installing a floor, and saw a black open end tube over a drain, I would not put a floor over any part of the drain. Will be going to court. Photos are of black tube blocked and open.
AbidingChameleon354

Never use the stores installers. Lowe’s and Home Depot Installers are usually not licensed.

So that makes them Jake legs.

We have gone behind and cleaned up their messes more than once. Their products are of a lesser quality.

Review
Service
Lowes Flooring Installation
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111